Announcement from the Viridian Entente and Avalon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' timestamp='1304291967' post='2703479']
Three nations attacked? Anything I'm missing?
[/quote]
Yes, but it's unfortunately not my place to spill the whole story. Smart people should be able to work it out on their own.

[/quote]
Nope, you're not missing anything else on that front. 3 nations attacked, and VE panicked because they didn't want their rebuilding nations to get hurt. VE threatened that it would be an "escalation" if Avalon, the alliance they declared on, struck back with nukes, and that VE would then demand some sort of terms, hinting at reps. That claim of escalation could of course only be (somewhat) validated in the event of active and productive, and immediately successful, peace talks, which did in fact happen after the threats were tossed.

So now Avalon gets to stay in and put more hurt on the elements of DH, while VE can protect a handful of it's nations.

It's hard for me to complain, given that it's a boost to my coalition, however slight, but I can't help but find it hilarious.

The logs in particular are great, but I have to respect Avalon's wishes to not embarrass VE [i]too[/i] much over this.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304292170' post='2703486']
Yes, but it's unfortunately not my place to spill the whole story. Smart people should be able to work it out on their own.
[/quote]

I am not sure you noticed that most stuff you say has some hidden meaning or reason that you can't reveal because it's not your place to say it. I wonder then, why talk about it at all? Wait, no, why even post?

[/quote][quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304292170' post='2703486']
[/quote]

This is going to be so fun.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304305785' post='2703703']
Nope, you're not missing anything else on that front. 3 nations attacked, and VE panicked because they didn't want their rebuilding nations to get hurt. VE threatened that it would be an "escalation" if Avalon, the alliance they declared on, struck back with nukes, and that VE would then demand some sort of terms, hinting at reps. That claim of escalation could of course only be (somewhat) validated in the event of active and productive, and immediately successful, peace talks, which did in fact happen after the threats were tossed.

So now Avalon gets to stay in and put more hurt on the elements of DH, while VE can protect a handful of it's nations.

It's hard for me to complain, given that it's a boost to my coalition, however slight, but I can't help but find it hilarious.

The logs in particular are great, but I have to respect Avalon's wishes to not embarrass VE [i]too[/i] much over this.
[/quote]

Hm? We had no interest in the 21 day kiddie play time ball pit that's in the works. Either there is war, or there is peace. They chose peace.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1304312043' post='2703859']
Hm? We had no interest in the 21 day kiddie play time ball pit that's in the works. Either there is war, or there is peace. They chose peace.
[/quote]
It's curious you'd say that when apparently it was your alliance which got all in a fit over being attacked by an alliance you declared war on.

Edited by Hyperbad

[quote name='Hyperbad' timestamp='1304318042' post='2703952']
It's curious you'd say that when apparently it was your alliance which got all in a fit over being attacked by an alliance you declared war on.
[/quote]

And this is why you don't listen to the rumor mill, or your cult leader.

We decided that we did not want to take part in the other agreement that pertains to Avalon that a few have mentioned here, due to the fact that it pigeon holes and limits options against a party whom has stayed behind closed doors all war, letting them finally partake in the festivities by scoring some juicy rebuilding targets while most people who were in range were back collecting after an aid fall. Letting those collections be made, they basically would get one round of answer for two rounds of war. Simply put, while I know its about that time of year again where our feathered friends need to drag their logs up to Mount Cavalry and go for a sun bathe, Avalon has made the choice to be seated at their right hand, and arrangements needed to be made to accommodate their trip, the overarching structure of that particular facet of the agreement is silly. Accordingly, we divorced ourselves from it and pursued our own ends. These ends, as they usually are in conflicts, were war or peace. Avalon was given the option for both, they chose the latter, and since we have no problem with them whatsoever there was no reason it not be white. Plus it was late and I didn't have the energy to get into a Rokesque argument if one arose. Plus I don't care.

That's all there is too it, not really any scandal here. Sorry to disappoint.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Congrats on this speedy and crushing victory Avalon. The best part is how Impero whined about his juicy rebuilding nations being targets after DoW'ing into the DH front.

Impero: OK guys I will join the DH front, but you need to guarantee me we won't be nuked
Doomhouse: Yeah baby, you know we would never let you get nuked, your our bottom !@#$%*!
Impero: Ok then, not 100% comfortable with this, but I don't want to get slapped again...
Doomhouse: We only hit you cuz we love you
Doomhouse: :trollface:

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304308152' post='2703765']
I am not sure you noticed that most stuff you say has some hidden meaning or reason that you can't reveal because it's not your place to say it. I wonder then, why talk about it at all? Wait, no, why even post?
[/quote]
Lots of people already know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're curious, go ask Sardonic. He might well tell you.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304333220' post='2704049']
Lots of people already know exactly what I'm talking about. If you're curious, go ask Sardonic. He might well tell you.
[/quote]

I am not talking about this case in particular, I am talking in general. If I could be bothered I'd run a search to find out how many times you mention things that you can't reveal.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1304330750' post='2704039']
For the love of god show the enemy some respect guys.
[/quote]
but...its VE
either way im sure Avalon gave VE a run for its money and vice versa, almost forgot this war is still going

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1304335550' post='2704058']
but...its VE
either way im sure Avalon gave VE a run for its money and vice versa, almost forgot this war is still going
[/quote]

Avalon are good fighters, glad to see this part end with white peace.

We informed our allies in GOONS and Umbrella that if Avalon wanted to stay in past the date everyone else peaced out, that we would have no intention of giving them a white peace or a finite end of the war at 21 days.

This is some hilarious stuff right here. Avalon had 3 guys attack VE on the 29th.
Avalon and VE reach white peace soon thereafter.
The only reasonable explanation; VE got scared.

I love the way the OWF works.

One day we are blood-thirsty, the other we peace out too fast.
One day we are spy masters for discovering spies, the other schatt spies on his enemies and nobody makes a peep.

Ah well... Good luck to Avalon!