Days Inactive and Days Old

Kusec

Alright, my nation is listed under "Nation Created:" as "9 days old", yet under "Last Activity:" I am listed as "10 Days Inactive". The discrepancy is that under last activity the date is listed as "4/21/2011 5:29:44 AM" and under nation created "4/22/2011 5:29:44 AM". These are clearly exactly the same time, yet for some reason the day is +1 in terms of my tax collection.

So I guess at first it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I was planning to build my nation on a 20 day timetable for tech deals and back collection of taxes, which kinda screws it up.

I took a guess and thought that when a nation is first created, its last activity is recorded as 24 hours ago so that the player can collect taxes on the first day. Then the 'Last Activity' will be the same day as 'Nation Created'.

Is this correct, I wouldn't mind loosing 1 day on tax collection if I knew that it would revert after I collected taxes.

Sorry for the long question, I hope you understand.

[quote name='Kusec' timestamp='1304239131' post='2703067']
Alright, my nation is listed under "Nation Created:" as "9 days old", yet under "Last Activity:" I am listed as "10 Days Inactive". The discrepancy is that under last activity the date is listed as "4/21/2011 5:29:44 AM" and under nation created "4/22/2011 5:29:44 AM". These are clearly exactly the same time, yet for some reason the day is +1 in terms of my tax collection.

So I guess at first it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I was planning to build my nation on a 20 day timetable for tech deals and back collection of taxes, which kinda screws it up.

I took a guess and thought that when a nation is first created, its last activity is recorded as 24 hours ago so that the player can collect taxes on the first day. Then the 'Last Activity' will be the same day as 'Nation Created'.

Is this correct, I wouldn't mind loosing 1 day on tax collection if I knew that it would revert after I collected taxes.

Sorry for the long question, I hope you understand.
[/quote]

Thats the sort of math question I always had trouble wrapping my head around haha.

But I believe, that days inactive in a practical sense refers to how many days of taxes that are uncollected. When you create your nation, you can collect taxes for that day, so its automatically 1 day inactive, even though when you start your nation, its 0 days old.

[quote]
[/quote]

It is no big deal. Your nation's age isn't a factor and will not affect your conducting a 20 day backcollection. Collections are based on the number of days inactive. As has already been indicated the discrepancy is only so new nations can collect taxes their first day. You'll be fine collecting a 20 day backcollection on your nation's 19th day of existence.

• 3 weeks later...