GOONS/CSN Announcement

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1304312635' post='2703866']
You're mistaken. The Commonwealth has recently overtaken GOONS as the most hated alliance in CN. GOONS suck should not be uttered until CSN is wiped from this planet as they deserve. Then GOONS may reclaim the title of most-hated alliance in CN.
[/quote]
You're not particularly hated, just... bad.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1304312635' post='2703866']
You're mistaken. The Commonwealth has recently overtaken GOONS as the most hated alliance in CN. GOONS suck should not be uttered until CSN is wiped from this planet as they deserve. Then GOONS may reclaim the title of most-hated alliance in CN.
[/quote]

To be honest, to me you seem to be living up to the not so high expectations of Monos Archein who reside in your ranks (if they haven't deleted all yet for inactivity). You're not hated, just bad.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304313348' post='2703878']
To be honest, to me you seem to be living up to the not so high expectations of Monos Archein who reside in your ranks (if they haven't deleted all yet for inactivity). You're not hated, just bad.
[/quote]
Yeah, outside perception is a !@#$%* eh? You can't [i]truly[/i] judge an alliance until you get to know them. Come to our forums and request a mask if you'd like to know that. Until then, all you can say is wasted pixels.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304316313' post='2703925']
Yeah, outside perception is a !@#$%* eh? You can't [i]truly[/i] judge an alliance until you get to know them. Come to our forums and request a mask if you'd like to know that. Until then, all you can say is wasted pixels.
[/quote]
Unfortunately for CSN, outside perspective is one of the more important elements of FA. Telling everyone to either sign up or shut up is really quite naive.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1304317067' post='2703934']
Unfortunately for CSN, outside perspective is one of the more important elements of FA. Telling everyone to either sign up or shut up is really quite naive.
[/quote]

Telling people to get informed so they actually have the slightest clue what they're talking about on the other hand is not naive.

Perspective is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1304317067' post='2703934']
[/quote]
I didn't say he had to shut up, or even change his opinion. I said his opinion wouldn't matter to us unless he actually got to know us, sort of like your own, or anyone else who wants to tell us how bad we are.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304317287' post='2703942']
I didn't say he had to shut up, or even change his opinion. I said his opinion wouldn't matter to us unless he actually got to know us, sort of like your own, or anyone else who wants to tell us how bad we are.
[/quote]
I don't think you're bad. I just think there's no point fighting the haters with the logic you just used. People aren't going to bother getting to know you so it's usually up to the MoFA to gain credibility.

You really think anyone from GATO is going to say who is and who is not a bad alliance in the public eyes?

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1304317512' post='2703945']
I don't think you're bad. I just think there's no point fighting the haters with the logic you just used. People aren't going to bother getting to know you so it's usually up to the MoFA to gain credibility.

You really think anyone from GATO is going to say who is and who is not a bad alliance in the public eyes?
[/quote]
All I said was that we don't care about someones opinion when they don't know us. If he doesn't want to get to know us, then we don't care what he says.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1304227463' post='2702983']
I hate both of these alliances, so this is a match made in heaven.
[/quote]
I considered VE an alliance opposed to reps and hold a higher reputation than GOONS before you guys entered into a bloc with them, the VE + GOONS combination didn't seem like a match made in heaven so much. GOONS have been trying to get as much reps as they can this war, with you guys enabling them to do it by being in a bloc with, yet VE itself doesn't seem interested in reps. Why does VE associate yourselves so closely with an alliance you have such different views on reps with? Or do you agree with GOONS policy of trying to get as much reps as they can out of war, with asking big reps being the rightful prize for being on the winning side from their perspective?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304316313' post='2703925']
[/quote]

Unfortunately for you, in Planet Bob, perception is reality. That approach is not going to take you very far.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304317842' post='2703949']
All I said was that we don't care about someones opinion when they don't know us. If he doesn't want to get to know us, then we don't care what he says.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304334289' post='2704054']
Unfortunately for you, in Planet Bob, perception is reality. That approach is not going to take you very far.
[/quote]

He said it better than me but yeah, that. Dismissing all who don't "know" you isn't really the idea behind this place.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1304317512' post='2703945']
[/quote]

How does that make any sense?

People are going to bother to get to know you, so it's up to the MoFA to gain credibility...

You gain credibility by getting people to know you, but if people aren't going bother to get to know you...

How exactly does that work? :huh:

[quote]Unfortunately for CSN, outside perspective is one of the more important elements of FA. Telling everyone to either sign up or shut up is really quite naive.[/quote]

It's one thing for a MoFA to gain credibility, but it's also required for the "listening" parties to have some semblance of maturity as well (which includes all parties, as well, CSN included). It's difficult when [i]certain[/i] alliances close our embassy outright, but that's all in the past and water under the bridge. I have no interest in trying to sell "CSN" to people who they, themselves, have no interest in CSN.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1304361063' post='2704243']
How does that make any sense?

People are going to bother to get to know you, so it's up to the MoFA to gain credibility...

You gain credibility by getting people to know you, but if people aren't going bother to get to know you...

How exactly does that work? :huh:

It's one thing for a MoFA to gain credibility, but it's also required for the "listening" parties to have some semblance of maturity as well. It's difficult when [i]certain[/i] alliances close our embassy outright, but that's all in the past and water under the bridge. I have no interest in trying to [b]sell[/b] "CSN" to people who they, themselves, have no interest in CSN.
[/quote]

CSN Talk to me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GafCRi87ek"]Vulgar language do not click if easily offended.[/url]

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1304229030' post='2703011']
Haha, you'd know it Bob. How many days were you a Delegate again? Oh, right. Don't turn into Hal.[/quote]

Turning into me would make him a better man than you...still, I just hope he's the best Bob Ilyani he can be, which is infinitely better than either one of us.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1304361568' post='2704251']
CSN Talk to me.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GafCRi87ek"]Vulgar language do not click if easily offended.[/url]
[/quote]

I got through the first minute of that video...

God help me if I ever have a conversation like that. [i]With anyone[/i].

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1304361804' post='2704253']
I got through the first minute of that video...

God help me if I ever have a conversation like that. [i]With anyone[/i].
[/quote]

How long have we had an embassy on your forums? Out of curiosity.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1304362178' post='2704259']
How long have we had an embassy on your forums? Out of curiosity.
[/quote]

April 13[sup]th[/sup] it seems, and we've been on your forums since April 6[sup]th[/sup]. Clearly CSN is the bread winner in this relationship. :smug:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304362059' post='2704257']
A further entangling of that which did not need to be entangled at all.
[/quote]

Personally, I'd prefer no treaties to exist and just an all out constant brawl and struggle. Unfortunately for that, we have a so ingrained system of politics that it makes it impossible... especially when we make treaties like this. :v:

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1304362500' post='2704264']
April 13[sup]th[/sup] it seems, and we've been on your forums since April 6[sup]th[/sup]. Clearly CSN is the bread winner in this relationship. :smug:

Personally, I'd prefer no treaties to exist and just an all out constant brawl and struggle. Unfortunately for that, we have a so ingrained system of politics that it makes it impossible... especially when we make treaties like this. :v:
[/quote]

Just strikes me odd (maybe odd is the wrong word choice) that not even a month after we have our embassies open there is a treaty made.

Edit in: Not that it bothers me, I just thought friendships take longer to develop and these kind of things are not rushed?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1304362646' post='2704266']
Just strikes me odd (maybe odd is the wrong word choice) that not even a month after we have our embassies open there is a treaty made.

Edit in: Not that it bothers me, I just thought friendships take longer to develop and these kind of things are not rushed?
[/quote]
Sard prefers to do his wheelings and dealings over IRC, so the embassy's date isn't as indicative of the total time we've been talking with them.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1304317287' post='2703942']
[/quote]

Alright cool, I’ll bite. I’m not going to sign up on your forums because I don’t care enough, so let’s start our Q & A right here. We’ll call it, “A Righteous Interrogation”

Question 1) Why is CSN so bad? (you said we shouldn’t tell you, so I’ll ask your opinion instead)

Question 2) Is CSN capable of having an original thought?

Question 3) If CSN is capable of having an original thought, why did CSN think they should put their SF allies in a !@#$ position with their reps request, especially considering certain SF members (at least the diplo I have on my board) have indicated they thought you were being “dumb?”

Question 4) Did CSN think that they would get into the cool kid club if they got big reps from DT? Does CSN believe this treaty with GOONS is vindication of their DT reps policy as evidenced by their entrance into the cool kids club?

Question 5) Did CSN anticipate the level of outrage they got from the DT reps? As a follow up, if not, why are you that incompetent. If so, why are you that incompetent? Is it the ghost of MA fail that haunts you?

Question 6) what percent of CSN regularly posts on your boards? Is it an alliance wide opinion that you guys are doin’ it right, or are most people just too inactive to care?

I think that’ll be a good start.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1304362946' post='2704267']
Sard prefers to do his wheelings and dealings over IRC, so the embassy's date isn't as indicative of the total time we've been talking with them.
[/quote]

Ahh right, that makes sense then. Thanks for clearing that up ktarthan.

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1304312677' post='2703868']
You're not particularly hated, just... bad.
[/quote]

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304313348' post='2703878']
[/quote]

Honestly couldn't have said it better myself. CSN is just a bad alliance, I'm not even really sure what or who you're trying to be like, but you do it terribly.

Edited by Artigo