GOONS/CSN Announcement

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1304256956' post='2703150']
Didn't GOD, an MADP partner of CSN, just cancel on GOONS?

Wtf is the point of one member of SF cancelling on GOONS just to have another pick them up? No wonder the treaty web is retarded.
[/quote]

Quoth the prophet;

Trololololo...

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1304256624' post='2703148']
What is this, i don't even... Gibs must have some serious dirt on Sardonic, because there's no benefit for GOONS here, just a truck load of fail to weigh them down.
[/quote]

Even if CSN is a useless alliance and SF is no longer politically relevant, there is a friendship between CSN and GOONS .gov and that is what led to this treaty. And I like it.

[quote]Didn't GOD, an MADP partner of CSN, just cancel on GOONS?

Wtf is the point of one member of SF cancelling on GOONS just to have another pick them up? No wonder the treaty web is retarded. [/quote]

Uhh if by "just" you mean "months ago", yes. As in like... 4, 5 months ago?

I'm sorry SF isn't going to fight your battles for you (as much as I'd love to see them be destroyed.)

[quote]Just to clarify on the defense article, that translates to it being a traditional MDP in most cased, but if either signatory gets ghost dec'd, it becomes and ODP, correct? [/quote]

It was a joke. Because of the DT incident and all the bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwing DT/NoR did (seriously, they cried a LOT!)

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304247824' post='2703107']
So... planning on declaring war in defense of your ally soon, CSN?
[/quote]
Impossible. The coalition is [i]literally right on the verge of peace[/i]! For reals this time! Honestly! It's like ten minutes away!
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1304261386' post='2703166']
Just to clarify on the defense article, that translates to it being a traditional MDP in most cased, but if either signatory gets ghost dec'd, it becomes and ODP, correct?
[/quote]
It is a non-chaining MDoAP.

Congrats on acquiring a great ally CSN!

Can't say that I think much of y'all after the DT business, but I wish you luck in doing better in the future.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1304269285' post='2703211']
Aw, u mad Cora?

Also, CSN and GOONS?

Both are absolute !@#$ alliances. Worst treaty since, well, ever.
[/quote]

That's the sweetest thing you've ever said SOM.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1304227175' post='2702980']
Didn't expect to see this, you can do better than this Goons.
[/quote]
," he said, continuing, "But you can still depend on us to help your war either way, please just feel free to use us. We're right here til the end."

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1304231743' post='2703029']
I liked the Star Wars wordings of the treaty.
[/quote]
I thought it was kind of weird, neither alliance has anything to do with Star Wars.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304224166' post='2702946']
I thought the "point" of the GOD cancellation was more for political reasons or to prove a point, not really having anything to do with eliminating treaty chains.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

eliminating treaty chains is in itself a political move.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1304247493' post='2703106']
The most baffling thing about this is the number of people disappointed in [i]us[/i]. This is literally the exact opposite expectation I have of any GOONS treaty thread.
[/quote]

If this keeps up, you'll have to change your recruitment thread to "Most Actually Like Us and We [i]Still[/i] Don't Care."

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304266689' post='2703198']
It is a non-chaining MDoAP.
[/quote]
ah, alright. Thanks. I wasn't sure if that part was serious or not.

Edit: OOOOOOH I get it now. This part was confusing me "so long as the attack is not the result of an offensive declaration on behalf of another alliance. At that point, the defense becomes optional". I thought that meant the attack on one of the signatories of the treaty, not the counter attack from the other signatory. Gotcha.

Edited by Hyperion321

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1304247493' post='2703106']
The most baffling thing about this is the number of people disappointed in [i]us[/i]. This is literally the exact opposite expectation I have of any GOONS treaty thread.
[/quote]

We need to step up our game.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304224166' post='2702946']
I thought the "point" of the GOD cancellation was more for political reasons or to prove a point
[/quote]

This. We have no problem with GOONs, and still think highly of them. Sard had a right to be peeved, but the whole thing went a bit overboard in the cancellation thread after awhile. I think highly of both alliances in the OP, good luck bros!

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304265646' post='2703188']
Impossible. The coalition is [i]literally right on the verge of peace[/i]! For reals this time! Honestly! It's like ten minutes away!
[/quote]
Yeah, well, I'll believe it when I see it.

At least you guys have stopped spewing the "We just need another 100M and the negotiations are done" line.