Micro-Alliance Think-Tank

King Wally

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308425805' post='2734093']
Hey im just stating what a good number of people are wanting to say... thing is with all the treaties and protecting of mirco AA's game play gets even duller, how about you all stop protecting AA's with 2-5 members, set a limit and have some kinda rules to it rather than helping this crap....

Answer this question and tell me if im just awful?!?!
How is an AA with 3-5members and 50% to 80% inactivity really gonna help you? in my opinion i see no issue with giving them tech deals and protecting your assets, no one want's there dealer robbed i get that but if a serious war breaks out is that inactive AA really gonna be able to balance your odds of winning that war?
[/quote]

The point of his operation here is to give the micros that will inevitably pop up a greater chance of survival because they'll be of better quality. In fact, if you really dislike bad micros, you should be supporting this even more.

Also, your nation is 930 days old and you're only 10,680.319 NS. You have absolutely no room to talk about anyone being inactive or useless.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1308426579' post='2734103']
The point of his operation here is to give the micros that will inevitably pop up a greater chance of survival because they'll be of better quality. In fact, if you really dislike bad micros, you should be supporting this even more.

Also, your nation is 930 days old and you're only 10,680.319 NS. You have absolutely no room to talk about anyone being inactive or useless.
[/quote]

yea i've eaten plenty of nukes and i've had countless wars, WHy you ask???, because i don't mind trading infra never have and never will!!! so as far as useless im far from, i've been nuked plenty of times and i've lost thousands of infra in the name of my alliances that i've been part of and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. yea 10k NS so what!!! i'll jump my NS when i feel like it.

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308427308' post='2734117']
yea i've eaten plenty of nukes and i've had countless wars, WHy you ask???, because i don't mind trading infra never have and never will!!! so as far as useless im far from, i've been nuked plenty of times and i've lost thousands of infra in the name of my alliances that i've been part of and i'd do it again in a heartbeat. yea 10k NS so what!!! i'll jump my NS when i feel like it.
[/quote]

You have less than 10,000 more casualties than me and I made this nation less than a year ago. It has only been in [i]one[/i] global war so far. No, you aren't some noble warrior who sacrifices everything for his friends, but nice try. <_<

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1308428133' post='2734130']
You have less than 10,000 more casualties than me and I made this nation less than a year ago. It has only been in [i]one[/i] global war so far. No, you aren't some noble warrior who sacrifices everything for his friends, but nice try. <_<
[/quote]

C'mon, he's only been a nation ruler three years; that's not nearly long enough to learn that the rest of Planet Bob can see his casualty count (or should I say "lack of casualty count"?) whenever we want. :)

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308425805' post='2734093']
Hey im just stating what a good number of people are wanting to say... thing is with all the treaties and protecting of mirco AA's game play gets even duller, how about you all stop protecting AA's with 2-5 members, set a limit and have some kinda rules to it rather than helping this crap....

Answer this question and tell me if im just awful?!?!
How is an AA with 3-5members and 50% to 80% inactivity really gonna help you? in my opinion i see no issue with giving them tech deals and protecting your assets, no one want's there dealer robbed i get that but if a serious war breaks out is that inactive AA really gonna be able to balance your odds of winning that war?
[/quote]

You want a reason why this happens?

The NPL started 3 weeks ago with 5 nations (it was 3 initially but we recruited 2 on the first day)... your "pathetic you dont deserve to exist definition". We were granted protection... we then went hard to work and used the skills and contacts we gained from the thinktank. Now three weeks later we have over 40 nations and are growing strong. We will eventually beleive it or not contribute something to this game and be of value to the friends who very early on gave us a chance by protecting us.

This is why people give micro's a chance and why the thinktank can be of huge value in my opinion.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1308452484' post='2734346']
You want a reason why this happens?

The NPL started 3 weeks ago with 5 nations (it was 3 initially but we recruited 2 on the first day)... your "pathetic you dont deserve to exist definition". We were granted protection... we then went hard to work and used the skills and contacts we gained from the thinktank. Now three weeks later we have over 40 nations and are growing strong. We will eventually beleive it or not contribute something to this game and be of value to the friends who very early on gave us a chance by protecting us.

This is why people give micro's a chance and why the thinktank can be of huge value in my opinion.
[/quote]

Well i will say congrats to you for actually contributing something, my beef isn't with active players such as yourself its actually quite opposite.. if you are doing things then kudo's... but how many micro AA's will actually participate and make an effort to grow... I'm a former tech raider and i often spot AA's with 3-5 members that have protectorates they haven't grown or gotten smaller in months.. yet huge AA's still have their back

I suppose I'm just a bitter old tech raider who took 1 too many nukes to the head, if it works kudos if not would you consider seizing to protect the inactive micro AA's either way have fun...

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308463275' post='2734523']
Well i will say congrats to you for actually contributing something, my beef isn't with active players such as yourself its actually quite opposite.. if you are doing things then kudo's... but how many micro AA's will actually participate and make an effort to grow... I'm a former tech raider and i often spot AA's with 3-5 members that have protectorates they haven't grown or gotten smaller in months.. yet huge AA's still have their back

I suppose I'm just a bitter old tech raider who took 1 too many nukes to the head, if it works kudos if not would you consider seizing to protect the inactive micro AA's either way have fun...
[/quote]

Hey no worries... and thank you. Way back in the day I used to be quite a prolific tech raider myself actually.

Just so you know as well a big part of the Think-Tank forums is helping these small "5 man" AA's get together and merge if they are interested and help get them going. We have a whole stand alone section for this and I like you also want to see these guys grow and suceed ...sometimes they just need a little help to assist them to get to that next level.

I'm hoping it does something, i may sound like a huge D@#$%$ but maybe later one day it'll become manditory for AA's just starting out, kinda one of those things (make and attempt or else.. ) i'll be watching in the shadows

Edited by Ad Fidem

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308463275' post='2734523']
but how many micro AA's will actually participate and make an effort to grow... I'm a former tech raider and i often spot AA's with 3-5 members that have protectorates they haven't grown or gotten smaller in months.. yet huge AA's still have their back
[/quote]

I agree with Wally's comment regarding your point, and I'm fully supportive of the CN Think Tank as a worthy education and networking organization.

However, I also want to point out that if a protector decides to protect AA's with 3-5 members for long periods of time that have not grown in months, it's that alliances "right" to do so. The fact that you disagree is okay, but whether or not a particular small AA is worth protecting is entirely up to the individual alliances that chose to do so and isn't something that others have a say in deciding.

Edited by White Chocolate

If any of these micros are interested in a bloc type treaty to allow greater political sway and more power to bloody up an alliance who hits you, send me a PM letting me know you would be interested in a bloc.

I'm think of calling the bloc "Deluge", but I have other names I can think of to use if people don't like that.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1308536051' post='2735317']
If any of these micros are interested in a bloc type treaty to allow greater political sway and more power to bloody up an alliance who hits you, send me a PM letting me know you would be interested in a bloc.

I'm think of calling the bloc "Deluge", but I have other names I can think of to use if people don't like that.
[/quote]

ODP, MDoAP, or MADP bloc? Such small detail makes all the difference in the world.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1308536051' post='2735317']

[/quote]

There are a couple bloks of this nature being debated in the section called "advertise your idea", I've also had PM's from several people interested in the idea but these people just havn't actually gone onto the forums to try and organise it.

Suggest you get in there take some names of the keen people and try and get it going if you want as it seams to be a topic that interests many micro's.

Not for me personally but the demand seams to be there.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1308502719' post='2734744']
I agree with Wally's comment regarding your point, and I'm fully supportive of the CN Think Tank as a worthy education and networking organization.

However, I also want to point out that if a protector decides to protect AA's with 3-5 members for long periods of time that have not grown in months, it's that alliances "right" to do so. The fact that you disagree is okay, but whether or not a particular small AA is worth protecting is entirely up to the individual alliances that chose to do so and isn't something that others have a say in deciding.
[/quote]

indeed it is at whatever alliance's discretion, my point that i wanted to make is that protecting such an AA that refuses to try to grow or be better in any way is in my opinion more hurtful than helpful..
so once again i'll say this, The think tank is great if it works, but i will always be against and hate how $*** AA's with 2-5 members that never grow or help cn in anyway being protected.. like it or love it i don't care what you think..

gotta love diplomacy :D

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308769613' post='2738500']
my point that i wanted to make is that protecting such an AA that refuses to try to grow or be better in any way [b]is in my opinion more hurtful than helpful[/b]..
[/quote]

To whom?

[quote name='Ad Fidem' timestamp='1308769613' post='2738500']
indeed it is at whatever alliance's discretion, my point that i wanted to make is that protecting such an AA that refuses to try to grow or be better in any way is in my opinion more hurtful than helpful.. [/quote]

The idea that growth in size equals "better" is a value judgment, not a fact.

So, speaking frankly - what IS the objection to having 3-5 nation alliances? Why bother pushing them to be absorbed into X or Y group?

What makes micro's such a severe threat, that it is a topic worthy of constantly talking about on OWF? Judging by the number of threads that appear now and then with the general theme of "X type of alliances should merge", such groups must be truly scary to "the powers that be".

Are they some sort of great military threat? :lol1: Not.

What is REALLY the issue(s)?

(I have an idea, I just want to see someone from a large alliance admit it in public.)

My main concern is the ability of the game to survive, and one critical aspect of it right now is the ability to achieve alliance formation and for new alliances to grow and become politically relevant.

This is a great initiative because it means that this initiative allows micros to become part of a larger community, even if the total community has the total diplomatic footprint of only one alliance. By letting micros feel relevant, you encourage them to grow, to improve as alliances, and perhaps one day to join the big leagues.

I registered and plan on seeing where this goes .

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1306003807' post='2716168']
I'd really like to be able to use "center" tags for images. I think there's an option somewhere in the acp to turn this on?
[/quote]

Use the [align=center] [/align] for the centering code

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the majority of the thread, just the first post or two, and some of the whining by tech raiders near the end.

I came to the thread today because I have a suggestion.

Most of the time, if someone looks at an alliance, regardless of the size, and wants to know more about them, there are two places that they are likely to look. And a lot of smaller alliance (including many who have 25-50 people) aren't listed.

The CN wiki. It's fast and easy to set up a basic wiki page. That lets you put the names of your gov, the link to your forums, your IRC channel and any other information you want to put. If you have a protectorate agreement, having that info on your wiki page will go a long way towards keeping your members from being tech raided.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

And the Alliance/IRC Combo List, a pinned thread, which is usually the first stop if you want to find an alliances public IRC channel so you can talk to them. For practical purposes, CN runs on IRC. If you want to have a successful alliance, you need to be using it.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83971

Get listed in those two places, and it helps your alliance look legitimate and organized, and makes it much easier for others to contact your government if needed.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1310589776' post='2755605']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83971

Get listed in those two places, and it helps your alliance look legitimate and organized, and makes it much easier for others to contact your government if needed.
[/quote]

Good luck getting listed there, it hasn't been updated since March.