Micro-Alliance Think-Tank

King Wally

If there is one problem with Cybernations it is that there are 100's of small micro-alliances all struggeling alone and working independently. As someone that's been there before I know what its like and have thought this idea was long overdue.

I have decided to set up a 100% neutral and agenda free forum for individuals and groups who desire to get their alliance idea off the ground... or perhaps even just improve on an existing idea or base.

It's all about the synergy of connecting like minded individuals. Often several alone will struggle but even connecting a few together to form a new joint project can be the start of a snowball that makes an actual difference in this game.

You can find these brand new (only created a few minutes ago) forums here
http://s15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/index.php

I'm looking to set this up to include information such as tip's, guides, existing small alliances looking to fill open government positions and representitives from larger alliances willing to offer protection or treatys. There is space to advertise your existing alliance's or try and drum up support and feedback for your idea's in advance to ever actually hitting the start button. I also want to encorage existing small groups to meet and hash out merger options to take their projects to the next level.

I want these forums to lift the game of CN's next batch of micro-alliances and hopefully one day lead to something special. I have no personal interest or agenda I'm trying to force on anyone here, I've advertised my new TE alliance in there like everyone else but in general the thing is designed as a safe friendly environment to prosper and improve the quality of the next batch of DoE's or Mergers you see on the OWF.

Anyone interested can sign up now, I will try and get on at least once a day to hand out masks and monitor the progress.

Thanks for your time! :)

[b]tl:dr anyone running or wanting to run their own alliance should sign up here (also representitives from larger AA's wanting to offer protection etc should pop in)[/b]http://s15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/index.php

Edited by King Wally

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mason' timestamp='1304056420' post='2701796']
I like it. I registered. I hope to see others buy into this idea.
[/quote]

Thanks mate... the more we spread the word about this concept the more useful it will be.

I'll try and get the word out over the coming weeks so we start to build some community and content.

Also let me know if you have any suggestions and I'll see what I can do to help.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1304062079' post='2701841']
RoK needs to recuperate by absorbing one or a dozen micro alliances I guess.
[/quote]

I've actually not spoken a word of this to [u]anyone[/u] from Ragnarok... in actual fact you have found out before them :P

Seriously... its a no agenda project. I enjoy the idea of successful micro's taking off and seeing new idea's come together into something real. I would encorage all alliances that are interested in offering protection to micro's to sign up on the forums and make their contacts known.

Cheers!

Edited by King Wally

I think an interesting idea for a micro-alliance, would be creating it as a bloc of micro alliance, but allow duel membership between members. So a member of the bloc can wear the AA of any alliance included in the bloc treaty, as an attack on one AA who is a member would considered an attack on all members. That way micro alliances are able to maintian some sovereignty over not having to give up their name or identity, but still be part of a bigger alliance of nations who work together almost as a single alliance. Different micro alliances would be different factions of the same entity who can act in a way that works best for the alliance as a whole.

I think your secretly hoping that these micros leaders become friends and when they eventually fail they all merge into one AA. So our next bunch of micros turn into 1 alliance(might still be micro...depending on how...micro-y the micros are :P) :awesome: Do I win?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1304071014' post='2701866']
I think an interesting idea for a micro-alliance, would be creating it as a bloc of micro alliance, but allow duel membership between members. So a member of the bloc can wear the AA of any alliance included in the bloc treaty, as an attack on one AA who is a member would considered an attack on all members. That way micro alliances are able to maintian some sovereignty over not having to give up their name or identity, but still be part of a bigger alliance of nations who work together almost as a single alliance. Different micro alliances would be different factions of the same entity who can act in a way that works best for the alliance as a whole.
[/quote]
So they can nuclear rogue a larger alliance for regurgitated moralist ideals while wearing their associates's AA and get protection from the entire block.
Great idea :ehm:

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1304072570' post='2701868']
I think your secretly hoping that these micros leaders become friends and when they eventually fail they all merge into one AA. So our next bunch of micros turn into 1 alliance(might still be micro...depending on how...micro-y the micros are :P) :awesome: Do I win?
[/quote]

It would make my day to see 3 micro leaders meet, realise they have a common interest... plan a merger where they all take a Tri position and DoE with something really special.

Also Meth I'd encorage you to post your idea in the "Advertise your alliance idea" section here
http://z15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/index.php?showforum=6
PS - your now masked as well ;)

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1304074474' post='2701871']
So they can nuclear rogue a larger alliance for regurgitated moralist ideals while wearing their associates's AA and get protection from the entire block.
Great idea :ehm:
[/quote]
The way I would envision it working is sort of like Duckroll in that it wouldn't work like a standard treaty, but internally the bloc could decide to deal with each unique situation however they deem best without any outside political standards or views on how a blocs and alliances should operate forcing them to deal with a situation to benefit those who aren't members. I'm not sure where you get the idea some protection would exist beyond what members of any other alliances or blocs have, but one micro alliance going to war wouldn't force all of them to go to war, just as ML going to war didn't force all of Duckroll to enter the war. Decisions can be made on how to deal with situations individually and when its worth mobilizing the entire bloc to war.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1304097983' post='2702026']
The way I would envision it working is sort of like Duckroll in that it wouldn't work like a standard treaty, but internally the bloc could decide to deal with each unique situation however they deem best without any outside political standards or views on how a blocs and alliances should operate forcing them to deal with a situation to benefit those who aren't members. I'm not sure where you get the idea some protection would exist beyond what members of any other alliances or blocs have, but one micro alliance going to war wouldn't force all of them to go to war, just as ML going to war didn't force all of Duckroll to enter the war. Decisions can be made on how to deal with situations individually and when its worth mobilizing the entire bloc to war.
[/quote]
I thought you've meant it would be a super alliance comprised of smaller factions and not as a block.

For a while now, a couple of us have been working on a bloc that will be separate from the treaty web. It would be perfect for micros to join while they figure out the political scene, without pushing them into becoming a satellite of one of the current political factions.

I'll sign up and see if there's any interest. Awesome idea.

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1304103327' post='2702074']
I thought you've meant it would be a super alliance comprised of smaller factions and not as a block.
[/quote]
A bloc is one big super alliance, just consisting of several AAs who can behave differently or appear separate to an outside observer. At its core if a bloc holds its relationship with other bloc members as more important than any outside treaty and consider those in the bloc to be members of the same alliance regardless of AA, then I don't see how that's different from a super alliance comprised of smaller factions.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1304105407' post='2702094']
For a while now, a couple of us have been working on a bloc that will be separate from the treaty web. It would be perfect for micros to join while they figure out the political scene, without pushing them into becoming a satellite of one of the current political factions.

I'll sign up and see if there's any interest. Awesome idea.
[/quote]

I like your idea, be sure to post it hey Im sure your not the only one thinking it.

http://s15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/index.php

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1304105599' post='2702096']
A bloc is one big super alliance, just consisting of several AAs who can behave differently or appear separate to an outside observer. At its core if a bloc holds its relationship with other bloc members as more important than any outside treaty and consider those in the bloc to be members of the same alliance regardless of AA, then I don't see how that's different from a super alliance comprised of smaller factions.
[/quote]
The protection part seems kind of optional that's where i thought there's a difference between it being A super block to a large alliance comprised of many factions.

Personally, I think micros should be given Protectorates with time limits. Generate a certain amount of NS within a fixed time to get a renewal or tossed to the wolves so they can be broken up. We have far too many players camping in micros doing nothing for the politics of Bob.