Shrimp Pork Duck Hooka Monkey

bcortell

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304228359' post='2703000']
You guys didn't even try to counter.. The blitz only put something like half your AA in anarchy.. and most of you were bulked up. You could have provided a much better fight, and won some battles. But instead, you decided to turtle. It's not like those three guys are only fighting you. CD is fighting three members of DR and Marcus. I can't imagine it would have been that difficult to counter him with those guys.
[/quote]

We had 5 active on Irc, sometimes you can counter without declaring offensively.
Edit; we did counter, with what we had

Edited by StevieG

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304217545' post='2702879']
Also curious, what's the new limit for money on what a DA destroys?
[/quote]

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304229773' post='2703018']
We had 5 active on Irc, sometimes you can counter without declaring offensively.
Edit; we did counter, with what we had
[/quote]
We had 3 on IRC the night of our blitz. IRC is great for coordination, but if you have a close nit alliance, pm's work just as well. IRC should never be an excuse for a bad counter. Blame that one on your members.

Lay the wood PS!

Hell I did some coordination with LE on Marcus the first night after I caught his counter. IRC is ideal, but there's plenty of ways to do it. The first day you, Marcus and one of my other targets could've easily given me a pretty bad beating. My AF would've always been a problem, but going down swinging and stealing my money certainly wasn't out of the question. You just chose to sit on your 3m.

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1304263520' post='2703181']
Hell I did some coordination with LE on Marcus the first night after I caught his counter. IRC is ideal, but there's plenty of ways to do it. The first day you, Marcus and one of my other targets could've easily given me a pretty bad beating. My AF would've always been a problem, but going down swinging and stealing my money certainly wasn't out of the question. You just chose to sit on your 3m.
[/quote]
I did. I won most of my attacking GAs (I think) on the first 2 days.

I have 3 days of bills waiting to be paid, and had already started to lose defensive GAs, and loads of cash. Spy ops were also taking almost a mil per day from me, and the only reason I have 3 mil is that I managed to get another collect in at about 2 mil. Ive already blown about 5 to 6 mil in this war, and will be another 1 or 2 mil after bills and the lot. 1 mil to rebuild? I think I am allowed to save that, or do you want it all? :P

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304299763' post='2703588']
I was referring to being prepared prior to your blitz, when you knocked most nations out of nuke range. That was where you won the war. Had all the nations you hit been one co ordinated AA, this could have been a much better fight.

Thats riduculous. You have how many nukes? to our how many? after the first round of nukes, none of us could gain nukes while you still had nations not even engaged. Heres the nuke stats.

PS launched 10 at DR and 6 at the others. DR launched 4 at PS(2 a piece from me and aggie) the others launched none. Again, 25 hours after your DoW, nobody on our side was still nuke capable, while you guys have the most nukes in the game (and yes we did spy a few too).

Im not bothered with it really, there is just a pretty simple reason that this is such a walk in the park for you guys, and its not cause of few of us are conserving cash.

Thats all from me, and I wont derail this thread anymore.
[/quote]
Nukes aren't everything. Did you not see the G-6 vs. PS, OP, LE war last round? PS didn't have a nation in the top 5%, didn't have MP's, and had I think 1-4 nukes at the start of the war (all from one nation). The other AA's weren't much better.

If that war should have showed people anything, it was that the blitz and nukes aren't the be all, end all that everything tries to make it out to be. But, instead, you've used them to not even try. Fair enough, just don't expect us to have much sympathy for it.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304300746' post='2703608']
Nukes aren't everything. Did you not see the G-6 vs. PS, OP, LE war last round? PS didn't have a nation in the top 5%, didn't have MP's, and had I think 1-4 nukes at the start of the war (all from one nation). The other AA's weren't much better.

If that war should have showed people anything, it was that the blitz and nukes aren't the be all, end all that everything tries to make it out to be. But, instead, you've used them to not even try. Fair enough, just don't expect us to have much sympathy for it.
[/quote]
I will second this sentiment.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304300746' post='2703608']

[/quote]

Its different when a round is 30 plus days old, and everyone has more cash. Plus the new loot rules change things a little. The difference in that war with the High tier, Low tier separation was different as well. Many of you guys managed to get MPs etc as well, and while there was a huge nuke disparity, you guys still had enough nukes/HNMS to fight in the low tier once the tier separations had been created, while the bulk load/all the Nukes (at least after the first round or two) in G6 were in the High tier that couldnt reach you guys.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304301091' post='2703621']
Its different when a round is 30 plus days old, and everyone has more cash. Plus the new loot rules change things a little. The difference in that war with the High tier, Low tier separation was different as well. Many of you guys managed to get MPs etc as well, and while there was a huge nuke disparity, you guys still had enough nukes/HNMS to fight in the low tier once the tier separations had been created, while the bulk load/all the Nukes (at least after the first round or two) in G6 were in the High tier that couldnt reach you guys.
[/quote]

You think we had money laying around? lol. We'd already been in two nuclear wars.

Its different when a round is 30 plus days old, and everyone has more cash.
[/quote]
Not true at all. Most of us had been fighting the whole round. We had one week to rebuild, and some of us had rerolled (and then, some, more than once). The people that had more cash were in G-6.

Plus the new loot rules change things a little. The difference in that war with the High tier, Low tier separation was different as well. Many of you guys managed to get MPs etc as well, and while there was a huge nuke disparity, you guys still had enough nukes/HNMS to fight in the low tier once the tier separations had been created, while the bulk load/all the Nukes (at least after the first round or two) in G6 were in the High tier that couldnt reach you guys.
[/quote]
It took us til less than a week left in the round for any of us to get MP's- and I believe that was only two guys. We had been fighting for much longer than that prior. So, it wasn't 'many' by any means. And once again, their weren't many nukes.

So really, saying you guys are doing anything other than conserving money is a joke. I guess if you don't mind getting stomped for a week or two, it isn't a big deal. I just thought DR had more fight in them than what they're showing right now. Maybe I should have known that if you guys didn't have a clear advantage, you'd just crawl into a hole.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304303400' post='2703653']
Not true at all. Most of us had been fighting the whole round. We had one week to rebuild, and some of us had rerolled (and then, some, more than once). The people that had more cash were in G-6.

It took us til less than a week left in the round for any of us to get MP's- and I believe that was only two guys. We had been fighting for much longer than that prior. So, it wasn't 'many' by any means. And once again, their weren't many nukes.

So really, saying you guys are doing anything other than conserving money is a joke. I guess if you don't mind getting stomped for a week or two, it isn't a big deal. I just thought DR had more fight in them than what they're showing right now. Maybe I should have known that if you guys didn't have a clear advantage, you'd just crawl into a hole.
[/quote]
It wasnt just PS. OP had plenty of money, and LE werent in too bad shape with all their HNMS etc. And over the whole front with your sides big nations getting knocked down [b]without[/b] most cash getting looted, you faired well enough in the low and mid tiers.

If it werent for the new loot rules, we probably would have fought for longer. But we gotta go with the flow. Agian, this war is entirely different than that war for a range of reasons. So pat yourselves on the back for a good showing last round, but this war, this round was anything but fair. And yes, ive already addmited that some of us are conserving cash. We do want to be able
to rebuild some ya know ;)
[quote]
Maybe I should have known that if you guys didn't have a clear advantage, you'd just crawl into a hole.[/quote]
Get off it

Edited by StevieG

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304303943' post='2703658']
If it werent for the new loot rules, we probably would have fought for longer. But we gotta go with the flow. Agian, this war is entirely different than that war for a range of reasons. So pat yourselves on the back for a good showing last round, but this war, this round was anything but fair. And yes, ive already addmited that some of us are conserving cash. We do want to be able
to rebuild some ya know ;)
[/quote]
The loot rules go both ways.. I think CD already said it, but you guys could have been taking money from us too.

Get off it
[/quote]
Heh. I guess I'm just confused on what exactly you're trying to accomplish with that strategy. You're going to turtle for ten days just getting bombed and DA'ed? ..that sounds fun. :unsure:

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304305827' post='2703705']
The loot rules go both ways.. I think CD already said it, but you guys could have been taking money from us too.

Heh. I guess I'm just confused on what exactly you're trying to accomplish with that strategy. You're going to turtle for ten days just getting bombed and DA'ed? ..that sounds fun. :unsure:
[/quote]
The loot rules tend to help the ones who are winning the GAs, and its hard to win GAs when Im out of nukes, and you arent. The only reason I still have some infra is that for some reason they are going soft on me/saving their nukes. With 3 wars, and 2 GAs each way, thats a potential 12 GAs I could lose per day. Think of that amount of loot :o.

Its ok, if you join DR you could maybe have a say on our strategy.

Put it this way. Id be bitter against you if we got stomped into dust and had $%&@ all to rebuild with. If we can rebuild, and potentially have some more fun later on, I wont be too bothered with this war.

So good luck with whatever you guys decide to do :P

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304313129' post='2703876']
Its ok, if you join DR you could maybe have a say on our strategy.
[/quote]
I hope to God I'm never part of an AA that turtles and doesn't fight back like you guys have here.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1304314023' post='2703893']
I hope to God I'm never part of an AA that turtles and doesn't fight back like you guys have here.
[/quote]

I think you are just upset that you guys arent going to be able to loot all my cash :P

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304313129' post='2703876']
With 3 wars, and 2 GAs each way, thats a potential 12 GAs I could lose per day. Think of that amount of loot :o.
[/quote]

That's why there's a 5% cap; you're never going to be sucked dry from GAs alone. Also, you wouldn't take on three aggressive wars anyway if the tactic is damage limitation.

Some stats:
It takes 32 fully successful GAs to drop from 5 mil to 1 mil.
It takes 45 fully successful GAs to drop from 1 mil to 100k.
It takes 14 fully successful GAs to halve your warchest.

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304338620' post='2704077']
How is the loot left behind from an unsuccessful GA worked out?
[/quote]

Well, you can loot anything from 0% and 5%, and you can even loot over 5% by looting the 100k limit.

It wasnt just PS. [b]OP had plenty of money[/b]
[/quote]

Not quite. We were less than a week out of war, the second of the round.

Just saying.

[quote name='dealmaster13' timestamp='1304339714' post='2704084']
Well, you can loot anything from 0% and 5%, and you can even loot over 5% by looting the 100k limit.
[/quote]

So in 3 defensive wars, If I GA all of them twice, and they GA me all twice, it is possible to lose 12 GAS per day, and drop millions in a single round of wars?

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1304358743' post='2704221']
Not quite. We were less than a week out of war, the second of the round.

Just saying.
[/quote]

Not 100% sure on what you actually had, but a few of your guys managed to save the 5mil needed for MP

[quote name='dockingscheduled' timestamp='1304312772' post='2703871']
props to Fort Davis, guy is a heck of a fighter.
[/quote]

Thanks man, and like I told you, win or lose, it's always fun fighting PS. Although being outgunned a bit and eating that 2nd nuke will make it a bit difficult for me to do much more. :(

[quote name='StevieG' timestamp='1304384105' post='2704510']
So in 3 defensive wars, If I GA all of them twice, and they GA me all twice, it is possible to lose 12 GAS per day, and drop millions in a single round of wars?
[/quote]

Of course, I'm sure you know how it all works. A quick calculation says that if you start with 2.17 mil and lose 5% to 12 GAs, you lose almost exactly 1 mil. Why you would GA them all twice with less than 50% odds, I have no idea.