American Continental Congress

Bull Run

[center][color="#8B0000"][size="4"][font="Impact"]The American Continental Congress[/font][/size][/color]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QFFwBk5PXqw/R85X9fSZeGI/AAAAAAAAAA0/-YqV32OIr4w/S700/Bald-Eagle---Flag-Print-C10001654.jpg[/img][/center]

[size="2"][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][color="#000080"]We would like to welcome our fellow Americans to this summit for open discussions regarding American politics, economy, neighboring relations & cooperation hosted by the [i][color="#8B0000"]American Continental Party[/color][/i]. The States are in desperate need of a champion to lead America, a union of sovereign States to supersede the hegemony of the elite; cooperation set in common grounds towards progress of similar aspirations.

America has never shied from difficult times or the challenges of rivals, neither threats from far off lands or clear & present dangers here at home. Through turbulent time & time again we have stood with our backs against the wall- & while we may stumble, we will never fall.

If there may truly be found an order through chaos, then let our States, fragmented with their potential not lost only dormant, to realize the chaos that is the deliberate assault on the American ideal & the usurpation of the American way by Empires. If you will, a disorder through peace.

Now, America is reawakening. As we lift our heads, the eagle soars. If we are to lift America we may only do so together by the central pillar of America's freedom, the US Constitution. In seeking liberty we need not fear the repression of imperial states because it is only under a temporary, if not false safety we enjoy by appeasing them by turning a blind eye to their political & military abominations & allowing a [i]"falling to the wayside"[/i] as they claim, of our liberties. Remember the wise words of Benjamin Franklin, [i]"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."[/i]

Let us not be they. Let us save our squabbles for a time of less urgency. Bring forth your ideas, your opinions, & your open minds to this summit. The fate of all America may very well rest in our hearts.[/color][/font][/size]

[color="#8B0000"]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i426pbQJZ_g"]American Anthem[/url]

OOC: Say all who are going to attend are present, no further OOC please, only those invited[/color]

Edited by Bull Run

"The Boston Federacy will attend - while we disagree with some of the stated ideals set forth by the organisers of this Summit, it will at least be a meeting place for American states to confer, especially with the turmoil on the East United States winding down. We urge other states invited to put aside political differences for at least a short period to come together."

Representative John Marks would attend with his entourage to represent the Boston Federacy.

Edited by Sargun

Boston Federacy Congressman, Ron Paul went one by one, shaking hands with everyone partaking in the summit,
[i]"Please accept this free gift Mr. Representative...Representative Marks please accept this free gift, if you will...Oh! Madam representative..."[/i] The Congressman, [i]"Champion of the Constitution"[/i] handed everyone he greeted with a copy of the document as he made his rounds throughout the meeting chamber of the party headquarters. Usually the office was open to the public whom was invited to openly discuss politics & events with party officials on the spot, but today was a special occasion & the public would be limited to the main office for security purposes. [i]"We welcome all parties to this summit. Isolation is not so much a party platform as American cooperation, but regardless we warmly welcome any opposition & contribution to our ideals & the input of all in attendance."[/i]

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1304044540' post='2701662']
Representative Stephen Willoughby will attend the conference, although Cascadia is against any American isolationist organizations.
[/quote]

[i] "I'd like to again welcome all to the first American Continental Congress. I am Boston Federacy Congressmen Ron Paul & champion of the movement for union of the American community."[/i] The congressmen offered a warm smile then took his seat alongside other representatives. Grinning as he sighed deeply, he continued with his opening discussion.

[i]"We've inherited a mess. Each & everyone of you represents a sovereign American nation. You are neighbors, and friends, perhaps a few of you are rivals, but most important of all- we are all Americans. Do not forget there is a hostile world outside of, as well as within our home that we must secure our fortress against. Our continent is fragmented into few standing republics, empires on either side of the homeland; when I began my campaigning not for any political position, but for a reawakening of America, I have to say I did not have high expectations that our pro-American movement would catch wind even here in America! We quickly found ourselves in a whirlwind of rhetoric with 'imperial America' & relatively quiet band supporters.

I am compelled, now, to reconsider my initial concerns & by the patriotism that we have begun to spark across the continent, I think now that the chance for greatness to come again to America-not under any empire, but as a community, is many folds greater.

We have before us the tools to reconstruct the American Fortress that once guarded fiercely against expansionism- a legacy continued on by the Confederacy of American States as well as the Federal Republic of America to name a few. A Fortress that saw to it that despite our differences as American nations, our home was secure from foreign invaders & emperors at home. There may have been no political, financial, or military profits from keeping expansionists at bay. In fact, defending the homeland came at great costs, but it was done for the love of our common home & the brotherhood that American states are a part of despite our feuds & squabbles. And this policy was Law! Enacted by the United States of America, to defend our continent from sea to sea against enemies, foreign & domestic. And a tradition every American State guarded to the last.

Believe this: there existed a time where defense & humanitarian aid actually meant helping each other- not occupation & annexation of lands. This new policy was popularized on our continent by the Empire of York at the time of the fall of the US Republic to the Empire's invasion. I lived in Virginia at the time. I recall the tragedy clearly. My point to all of you today is that America has had a blanket thrown over our heads & we need to wake up to our virtues and a time where there may exist mighty republics, not empires. A time when we took heed to champions of American union, not weak justification for invasion through televised address by some emperor. When America was a prosperous & immense power, not under one but AS one; as a community for liberty & justice for all.

So now I ask you. All of you. Would you not consider opting out of this fragmented system; the dark age of empire & turmoil. Toward a renaissance of America values & American greatness. Is this not OUR home?"[/i]

Jason Wilkes felt a twinge of anger at some of the words "Mr. Paul, you should note that the CAS has had nothing but good relations with the empires that arrived in America, and while some did not end well they did help their people. Additionally these isolationist ideas go against what many American nations have come to embrace, the CAS for example has recently joined the Pacific Harmony Accords. While we may have had an eventful past it is now becoming increasingly friendly even without these extreme ideas of yours"

[quote name='jeff744' timestamp='1304310931' post='2703833']
Jason Wilkes felt a twinge of anger at some of the words "Mr. Paul, you should note that the CAS has had nothing but good relations with the empires that arrived in America, and while some did not end well they did help their people. Additionally these isolationist ideas go against what many American nations have come to embrace, the CAS for example has recently joined the Pacific Harmony Accords. While we may have had an eventful past it is now becoming increasingly friendly even without these extreme ideas of yours"
[/quote]

[i]"What is the Confederacy, in all its might & potential doing for America? We applaud you for your will to reach out. I only hope that you may offer the same here, to your neighbors. I may not agree with any relations with imperialism, if you have had any. Just as you may not agree with my standing against them. I do not know the specifics of said Accord, but I assume you likely offer either resources or American lives to foreign treaties, or both. I simply ask what is it you offer to America?

I believe there is a great deal we can all do here, or I simply would have never called this summit. Of course, I never intended you all share my personal ideas or those of the American Continentalists, but it seems to me, and I hope I am not speaking out of line when I say that the CAS may itself have aspirations for empire."[/i]

"Mr Paul I do believe you are being too hard on the CAS. By joining the Pacific Harmony Accords they have helped towards creating stabilization in the globe or at the very least the Pacific. They should be applauded for this not scorned."

"As for any ambitions for the CAS in forming an empire if they do so through non-violent means and respect those who are against joining. I wish them luck for there is no reason they can not form one."

"Know well, your words will return to the CAS people, we joined with the FRA to stop the same imperialism you accuse us of, we joined the Pacific Harmony Accords to bring further stability to region beyond our own nation. We have never have, nor ever will have visions of empire and while we may expand slightly over time we will [i]never[/i] force others to join our nation."

"Perhaps we were mistaken in even considering such a short sided group that refuses to help people from other nations"

[i]"Mr. Wilkes, if I may politely remind you of what I stated,"[/i]

[quote name='Bull Run' timestamp='1304174919' post='2702531']
[i][b]We have before us the tools to reconstruct the American Fortress that once guarded fiercely against expansionism- a legacy continued on by the Confederacy of American States as well as the Federal Republic of America to name a few[/b]. A Fortress that saw to it that despite our differences as American nations, our home was secure from foreign invaders & emperors at home. There may have been no political, financial, or military profits from keeping expansionists at bay. In fact, defending the homeland came at great costs, but it was done for the love of our common home & the brotherhood that American states are a part of despite our feuds & squabbles. And this policy was Law! Enacted by the United States of America, to defend our continent from sea to sea against enemies, foreign & domestic. And a tradition every American State guarded to the last.
[/i]
[/quote]

[i]"Which would be in agreement with what you stated when you said,"[/i]

[quote name='jeff744' timestamp='1304380017' post='2704462']
"Know well, your words will return to the CAS people, [b]we joined with the FRA to stop the same imperialism[/b] you accuse us of, we joined the Pacific Harmony Accords to bring further stability to region beyond our own nation. We have never have, nor ever will have visions of empire and while we may expand slightly over time we will [i]never[/i] force others to join our nation."

"Perhaps we were mistaken in even considering such a short sided group that refuses to help people from other nations"
[/quote]

[i]"But then you also stated earlier,"[/i]

[quote name='jeff744' timestamp='1304310931' post='2703833']
Jason Wilkes felt a twinge of anger at some of the words "Mr. Paul, you should note that [b]the CAS has had nothing but good relations with the empires that arrived in America[/b], and while some did not end well they did help their people. Additionally these isolationist ideas go against what many American nations have come to embrace, the CAS for example has recently joined the Pacific Harmony Accords. While we may have had an eventful past it is now becoming increasingly friendly even without these extreme ideas of yours"
[/quote]

[i]"Please, simply clarify where it is you stand. I applauded the CAS by name in standing against expansionism as you confirmed in you last response regarding imperialism which is by definition a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force. I do retract my wrongly made statements about your own personal aspirations for empire. Also, remember this is a summit for discussion- widely varying opinions should be expected. Please, lets continue."[/i]

Edited by Bull Run

[i]"Can we all for a moment imagine a Federation where American nations are represented & welcome to discuss any & all matters regarding American affairs. A purely American Congress to reestablish & uphold a more unified continent where the states cooperate and compete peacefully. Where the States wield the ultimate control & any & all powers may only be derived from them- for if they're not, that any union of ours be abolished so that tyranny may not arise thereof.

This would ideally establish a republic of American states where each would be represented equally to meet & discuss & act together. American progress which appears to hover inches above stagnancy, would begin to move by leaps & bounds. Merging should be outlawed. The sovereignty of the states should reign as the backbone of such an American Federation & secession being the highest States' right as well as a natural regulatory measure against any ambitions to ignore the will of the States. Our greatest protection should be the choose to part with oppression should ever it arise in any form.

The beautiful thing about a republic is that we are all cooperating to serve each other. Our strength lies in our ability to work together to make a solid and secure nation. The republic is going to need the service of many Americans to ensure it’s long lasting success. Together we can make the change that our founding fathers believed in.

Leading America & representing our continent across the globe should not be left to oligarchs- they simply cannot represent all of our interests. This job should be multilaterally reserved for every, if not at least the majority of American States together, it first needs Americans in support. We need the support of each and every free American State to help build the republic into all that it can be."[/i]