FFT : TS

Sarah Tintagyl

I can't think of one thing in Final Fantasy or D&D that cannot be defeated or utterly destroyed by a modern military force or less. Such an RP would require a lot of suspension of disbelief.

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1304722924' post='2707728']
I can't think of one thing in Final Fantasy or D&D that cannot be defeated or utterly destroyed by a modern military force or less. Such an RP would require a lot of suspension of disbelief.
[/quote]

Meteor.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1305005065' post='2709501']
Meteor.
[/quote]
A powerful mage or group of lesser mages trying to cast that - or even showing up on the battlefield - would be easily noticed and preemptively killed. The meteor itself could possibly be split by a powerful enough explosive, such as an artillery shell, thus reducing casualties when it hits.

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1305067922' post='2709797']
A powerful mage or group of lesser mages trying to cast that - or even showing up on the battlefield - would be easily noticed and preemptively killed. The meteor itself could possibly be split by a powerful enough explosive, such as an artillery shell, thus reducing casualties when it hits.
[/quote]
You're thinking about the normal spell Meteo.
Meteor as Sargun might've meant it is a massively powerful spell that Sephiroth/Jenova used in Final Fantasy VII/7 to summon something the size of a dwarf planet to crash into the world.
I don't think anyone could stop that.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1305069634' post='2709815']
You're thinking about the normal spell Meteo.
Meteor as Sargun might've meant it is a massively powerful spell that Sephiroth/Jenova used in Final Fantasy VII/7 to summon something the size of a dwarf planet to crash into the world.
I don't think anyone could stop that.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I meant, silly Corlukka!

Of course the best thing you could create/research is a fireball or meteor spell that would be the equivalent to a nuclear device. I guess the KT/MT would be the level of spell, lol. Though since this is still being talked about, I might go back and maybe do some work to present the idea in a way that might be more fashionable to those who have problems with strict fantasy.

• 2 weeks later...

As a guide for those who are familiar with Final Fantasy Tactics and absolute newbies at military stuff, it kinda helps.

But as a proposal for CNRP? Very controversial. I won't support it.

Edited by HHAYD