Forming New Alliance

SirTy15

[b]Hello fellow members of CN. I created an alliance named USF about 3 months ago. But overtime it fell apart due to inactivity and a poor structure. Well I've been doing my homework and studied lots of CN history and I learned how some of the most powerful alliances are structured in CN. I have a draft of my charter of the alliance I am going to create and I have the people that will be creating the new alliance with me. I will be forming the new alliance in about a month. The last thing I do is to find somebody that can offer protection for my new alliance. If anybody can offer protection for the alliance I will be creating, please send me a message on CN. My ruler name is SirTy15. Or you can just reply to this topic.

Thanks,
Sincerely SirTy15![/b]

You're only going to get a crappy protector this way. If you want a quality alliance to protect this project of yours, you have to build the relationship with them in private. I'd even suggest temporarily joining them to see how they do things and to build the relationship some more. While you're there, volunteer and do some work for them. If you decide you still want to create an alliance then you will have some extra experience and quality friends to look out for you while you do so, but should you decide the effort isn't worth it then you're already in an alliance you like with friends.

You're not going to reap any real benefits by appealing to the rest of the game at large and there are those who don't care about the success of their protectorates, they just want additional buffers or tech suppliers. Whether or not you succeed is irrelevant to them, but obviously they get more out of it than you would.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1304020889' post='2701291']
You're only going to get a crappy protector this way. If you want a quality alliance to protect this project of yours, you have to build the relationship with them in private. I'd even suggest temporarily joining them to see how they do things and to build the relationship some more. While you're there, volunteer and do some work for them. If you decide you still want to create an alliance then you will have some extra experience and quality friends to look out for you while you do so, but should you decide the effort isn't worth it then you're already in an alliance you like with friends.

You're not going to reap any real benefits by appealing to the rest of the game at large and there are those who don't care about the success of their protectorates, they just want additional buffers or tech suppliers. Whether or not you succeed is irrelevant to them, but obviously they get more out of it than you would.
[/quote]

Marx is 100% spot on here. if you do join an alliance make sure to let them know up front what your plan is. And for the love of Admin dont take any of their members with you.

[quote name='SirTy15' timestamp='1304021214' post='2701296']
What are some larger alliances that offer protection?
[/quote]

It's not the size of the alliance that counts. It's the size of their sack. There are some great alliance out there with under 100 members.

I agree that you should probably just join existing alliances before you even consider making your own. While you're there, you can get experience in seeing how well-off alliances do their business, and you can also refine your ideas. What would your alliance bring to the table that none of the existing ones do? How much time are you really willing to put into making the alliance work? Is it necessary to create an alliance to attain your goals, or would it be most efficient to work something out somewhere else, without all that work? Those are the kinds of questions any decent protector would ask, so you should have good, well thought out answers to them.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1304020889' post='2701291']
You're only going to get a crappy protector this way.
[/quote]

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1304026402' post='2701383']
SLCB is now your protector.
[/quote]

And so it happens.

EDIT: You should probably come over to our channel on irc.coldfront.net #slcb to get to know us.

Edited by Erwin Schrodinger

Ty...man to man, this a bad idea. I was your Vice President. I remember your leadership. You're not cut out to be a leader, at least not yet. You don't know the game well enough, and you don't have the maturity and experience necessary to lead an alliance. You're still young and immature and rash. I can recall countless instances where you've shown this. You always trusted me as your advisor, so listen to me one last time. Forget the idea of your own alliance. Join a more established one, learn the game, and gain the proper credentials and temperament to lead. Then, MAYBE, you can form your own alliance. It'll take much longer than a month.

All the best.

[quote name='SirTy15' timestamp='1304024085' post='2701337']
Oh I do. I'm just trying to figure out who could protect it.
[/quote]

No you don't. I had to explain who the NPO were and their history to you. You got the name of the NpO wrong the other day. Etc. etc. You still have a lot to learn.

Good luck with him SCLB, you'll need it. Badly. Hope his nations don't raid anyone/screw up tech deals/anything else to get you in hot water like they did when I was in the USF.

Edited by Sniper Joe

[quote name='SirTy15' timestamp='1304024085' post='2701337']
Oh I do. I'm just trying to figure out who could protect it.
[/quote]

You blatantly ignoring the great advice you have received in this thread... not even having the basic tact to say "good idea, thanks" (even if you had no intention of listening to it) only confirms that you will get the protection you deserve... horrible.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1304022371' post='2701310']
I agree that you should probably just join existing alliances before you even consider making your own. While you're there, you can get experience in seeing how well-off alliances do their business, and you can also refine your ideas. What would your alliance bring to the table that none of the existing ones do? How much time are you really willing to put into making the alliance work? Is it necessary to create an alliance to attain your goals, or would it be most efficient to work something out somewhere else, without all that work? Those are the kinds of questions any decent protector would ask, so you should have good, well thought out answers to them.
[/quote]

This^

At least join a decent alliance for 30 days before starting your own. You'll not only be doing yourself a favor, but your future alliance members. A leader must not only be able to form an alliance, but provide the resources necessary to keep it up and running. Said resources include.. knowledge of the game, experience, and the ability to send 3 mil now and then. None of which you currently have. Plus being in a well established alliance allows you to make good contacts that could potentially be your future ally or member.. though like has been said.. don't try to recruit people while on another AA.

Nevertheless if you do go ahead and make an alliance.. Amazon Nation is a good group that likes protecting people.

[quote name='SirTy15' timestamp='1304020420' post='2701287']
[b]Hello fellow members of CN. I created an alliance named USF about 3 months ago. But overtime it fell apart due to inactivity and a poor structure. Well I've been doing my homework and studied lots of CN history and I learned how some of the most powerful alliances are structured in CN. I have a draft of my charter of the alliance I am going to create and I have the people that will be creating the new alliance with me. I will be forming the new alliance in about a month. The last thing I do is to find somebody that can offer protection for my new alliance. If anybody can offer protection for the alliance I will be creating, please send me a message on CN. My ruler name is SirTy15. Or you can just reply to this topic.

Thanks,
Sincerely SirTy15![/b]
[/quote]

Hi Mate I'd highly suggest you drop by my new micro-alliance think tank forums here:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/CN_ThinkTank/index.php

It will give you a chance to hash out your idea and advertise for support.

cheers!

Wally

For anyone who was worried that he doesn't have enough experience, he knows! The plan is to join GPA, have a snoop around to see how they do business, then resign after one month and use their ideas, safe in the knowledge that he has SLCB protection. Everybody wins.

How about you go back to USF? K, you burned out and perhaps burned some bridges in the process (I don't know, I'm just making a guess), but you spent 3 months of hard effort in it, you reached 33 members which is good for a micro, you had a start which was worth it, you should be building on that instead of starting from scratch. Just discuss with the rest of the people in USF to see if some of your new ideas could be implemented and open yourself to help.

When you came to LSF and asked for a protectorate, I offered to help you with guides and guidance instead of just chasing rogues away. You should have taken it, you wouldn't be in this situation now. I don't know if LSF can still offer you that nowdays. If they can't, find a new protector that will be inclined to send someone over to your boards in order to offer you some good advise on all aspects of government.

Cheers mate :) .

[quote name='Faust Betreur' timestamp='1304085541' post='2701917']
For anyone who was worried that he doesn't have enough experience, he knows! The plan is to join GPA, have a snoop around to see how they do business, then resign after one month and use their ideas, safe in the knowledge that he has SLCB protection. Everybody wins.
[/quote]

The GPA rejected his application.

[quote name='Craven' timestamp='1304047017' post='2701692']
Nevertheless if you do go ahead and make an alliance.. Amazon Nation is a good group that likes protecting people.
[/quote]
Craven, after 3+ years, you still crack me up.

SirTy15, apply to join the SLCB, they'll help you reinvent yourself and teach you the ways of the dry side.