Genesis - Maine

Sargun II

[center][img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y18/Sargun_Peaceheart/mainemap.png[/img]
[i]The Genesis Map.[/i][/center]

Earlier today, Robert II unveiled what is now known as the 'Genesis Map' - a map detailing the damages and fallout-concentrated areas of Maine that would need to be rebuilt. Every living person in Maine has been evacuated into the states below, which primarily consisted of the 50,000 surrenders and the folk not caught in the immediate blast radius. Robert II said that later today details would be forthcoming on the Genesis Project, which would be the two-year mass cleaning and subsequent rebuilding effort to prop up a Maine that would be primarily an artificial form. The state has been divvied up into four segments:

the Oxford Interior, or the majority of non-coastal, pastoral land
the Oxford Coast, the majority of urban coastland
the Hancock Coast, the majority of pastoral coast
and Kennebec, the province reserved for the rebuilt capital

• 3 weeks later...

The Boston Federacy is asking for outside contractors from around the world to put forth their best offers in the following areas. We will only do contracts with companies or corporations, not nations.

In our ongoing efforts to terraform Maine via the Genesis Project, we have found that our own existing labour force is busy dealing with 90% of the Maine area. However, the vital 10% that will be the new Capital will be a monstrously expensive inland island named Moss Island. The island, [url="http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/6384/mossisland.png"]pictured here[/url], will need to be built. We will also need two major bridges built coming from each side in an east-west fashion, a massive wind energy farm, the city buildings built to strict specifications with solar energy panels, a localized missile and aircraft defence system, a Strategic Defence system, the digging out of a large area of land for water, water to be pumped in, water cleaning units, pumping, an electric grid, as well as military bases to be built to utmost specifications. These among all other things.

While Boston is doing most of the work around Maine, we wish to have other companies build this glorious island and its city - and not only will we pay, but we will provide an incentive to stay as well. Any company whose contract is accepted will be given a space in the exclusive [i]Economic Corridor[/i] of the city and be given tax exemptions from all purchases, and there will be priority for advertising from these companies as well. [b]Bold[/b] denotes an accepted contract.

[b]Energy-related[/b]
Wind turbines x 900 [[Obluchye Heavy Engineering x 100; Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd; TriOptimum]]
Energy deliverance system from said wind turbines [[Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd; TriOptimum]]
Solar energy units - building units x 140000 [[SunTech]]
Solar energy units - train units x 40 [[SunTech]]
Portable energy storage units x 1600 [[SunTech]]
Solar-powered street lights x 8000 [[SunTech]]
Solar-powered stop-lights x 800 [[SunTech]]
*Solar CSV power plants x 2 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
*High-voltage DC power grid [[[b]China Power[/b]]]
*Solar Tower x 4 [[[b]TriOptimum[/b]]]

[b]Transportation[/b]
West Bridge - reinforced suspension [[Larsen and Toubro]]
East Bridge - reinforced suspension [[Larsen and Toubro]]
Underground subway system - 60 miles [[Greater Korean Construction Consortium; Concordance Extraction Corporation; Mediterranean Transport]]
High-speed rail system - 12 miles [[Greater Korean Construction Consortium; Mediterranean Transport]]
Road/side walk material [[Greater Korean Construction Consortium]]
((Companies can not offer on both bridge and non-bridge contracts))

[b]Buildings[/b]
Skyscrapers - 230 of varying heights and specifications [[DLF Universal; Concordance Extraction Corporation]]
Communications towers [[Nokia, Samsung Electronics, KT, Monaco Telecom]]

[b]Military[/b]
Strategic Defence nubs x4 [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Strategic Defence Tower (base) [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Strategic Defence Tower (Arrowhead) [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Strategic Defence laser system [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Missile defence bunkers x15 [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Anti-air defence bunkers x15 [[Maelstrom Inc; Virtus International]]
Closed system of all electro-communications [[Nokia, Samsung Electronics, KT; Virtus International]]
Fast DNA checking systems [[Tratum Infosystems; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Fingerprint scanners [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; Tratum Infosystems; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Breath analysis machines [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; Tratum Infosystems; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Eye scanners [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; Tratum Infosystems; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Military airport [[Larsen and Toubro; Virtus International]]
Strategic naval base [[Larsen and Toubro; Virtus International]]

[b]Geography[/b]
Required dredging to extend from former capital site to the Atlantic Ocean [[Aquinas International]]
Required dredging and digging needed for "moat" [[Aquinas International]]
Trees x 750 [[Bishkek Natural Conservatory]]
Desalination plants x 4 [[Aquinas International]]
High-power pumping stations x 16 [[Aquinas International]]
Water piping system [[Aquinas International]]

All of these can be bidden on by various companies and corporations. We await orders. Everything delivered must be EMP-proofed.

Edited by Sargun

SunTech, China (and the world's) leading photovoltiac firm would like to offer a bid on your solar energy photovoltiac systems. We can offer an extremely competitive prices due to China's large domestic silicon production base and lower wages. Further we offer to construct several Solar CSV power plants which can continue producing energy during the night time.

China Power offers to produce a High Voltage Direct Current power grid necessary to distribute next generation energy technology.

The Greater Korean Construction Consortium wishes to obtain all of the transportation contracts. In addition, Samsung Electronics and KT wishes to proceed with all telecommunication contracts, based on its cutting edge technology which is far superior to those of Nokia.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1305250176' post='2711029']
SunTech, China (and the world's) leading photovoltiac firm would like to offer a bid on your solar energy photovoltiac systems. We can offer an extremely competitive prices due to China's large domestic silicon production base and lower wages. Further we offer to construct several Solar CSV power plants which can continue producing energy during the night time.
China Power offers to produce a High Voltage Direct Current power grid necessary to distribute next generation energy technology.
[/quote]
SunTech's bid has been accepted and the Solar CSV power plant bid has been added on as well. China Power's offer has been accepted as well in light of the new bids by China Power.

OOC: Just a note, bid acceptance isn't final unless specifically noted.

[quote name='comrade nikonov' timestamp='1305250423' post='2711035']
Nokia Global Systems wishes to apply for a telecommunications contract. We can offer secure EMP-resistant optic fibre technology similar to what is used in the Finnish homeland.
[/quote]
[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1305250738' post='2711039']
The Greater Korean Construction Consortium wishes to obtain all of the transportation contracts. In addition, Samsung Electronics and KT wishes to proceed with all telecommunication contracts, based on its cutting edge technology which is far superior to those of Nokia.
[/quote]
Nokia, Samsung, and KT have all had their bids accepted.
The Kreater Korean Construction Consortium's must bid on either the bridges or the non-bridge transportation contracts. A clerical error left this note out.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1305251784' post='2711049']
The Kreater Korean Construction Consortium's must bid on either the bridges or the non-bridge transportation contracts. A clerical error left this note out.
[/quote]

The consortium shall focus on the underground subway system, the high-speed rail system, and the road/sidewalk material contracts.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1305252154' post='2711054']
The consortium shall focus on the underground subway system, the high-speed rail system, and the road/sidewalk material contracts.
[/quote]

The bids have been accepted.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1305253699' post='2711073']
Obluchye Heavy Engineering would like to fill some of the need for the wind turbines. We can EMP-proof the machinery with a faraday cage.
[/quote]

Is there a number that Obluchye Heavy Engineering can give us?

Ersch Electronics, Inc. would like to bid on the contract for fingerprint scanners, breath analyzers and iris scanners. Our systems are top-of-the line with near perfect accuracy and a comparison times of under two seconds for databases containing one hundred million recorded patterns.

Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd quotes for the wind turbine and associated energy deliverance systems

Larsen and Toubro quotes on the West Bridge and East Bridge contracts.

DLF Universal quotes on the 230 skyscrapers contract.

Maelstrom Inc quotes for the following works contracts :
Strategic Defence nubs x4
Strategic Defence Tower (base)
Strategic Defence Tower (Arrowhead)
Strategic Defence laser system
Missile defence bunkers x15
Anti-air defence bunkers x15

Tratum Infosystems quotes for : Fast DNA checking systems
Fingerprint scanners
Breath analysis machines
Eye scanners

Larsen and Toubro quotes for:
Military airport
Strategic naval base

Aquinas International quotes for:

Required dredging to extend from former capital site to the Atlantic Ocean
Required dredging and digging needed for "moat"
Desalinization plants x 4
High-power pumping stations x 16
Water piping system

Trees : Bishkek Natural Conservatory

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1305257991' post='2711128']
[i]Monaco Telecom the third largest telephone operator in Monaco-Valencia offers to set up services in Maine [/i]
[/quote]

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1305265642' post='2711217']
We are a smaller operation, so you can put us down for 100.
[/quote]

[quote name='iKrolm' timestamp='1305268703' post='2711231']
Ersch Electronics, Inc. would like to bid on the contract for fingerprint scanners, breath analyzers and iris scanners. Our systems are top-of-the line with near perfect accuracy and a comparison times of under two seconds for databases containing one hundred million recorded patterns.
[/quote]

[quote name='king of cochin' timestamp='1305270826' post='2711242']
Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd quotes for the wind turbine and associated energy deliverance systems

Larsen and Toubro quotes on the West Bridge and East Bridge contracts.

DLF Universal quotes on the 230 skyscrapers contract.

Maelstrom Inc quotes for the following works contracts :
Strategic Defence nubs x4

Tratum Infosystems quotes for : Fast DNA checking systems
Fingerprint scanners
Breath analysis machines
Eye scanners

Larsen and Toubro quotes for:
Military airport
Strategic naval base

Aquinas International quotes for:

Required dredging to extend from former capital site to the Atlantic Ocean
Required dredging and digging needed for "moat"
Desalinization plants x 4
High-power pumping stations x 16
Water piping system

Trees : Bishkek Natural Conservatory
[/quote]

All offers have been accepted.

With the filling of all bid spots, the time for remaining offers has been shortened. We encourage companies to step forward within the next 24 hours!

[i]TriOptimum[/i] offers:

"Construction of high-efficience Wind Turbines and Solar Towers
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/PS10_solar_power_tower_2.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_PS10_solar_power_tower_2.jpg[/img][/url]
Being Sri Lanka's foremost energy provider, we offer some of the world's most efficient and advanced technology in power generation of any kind.
We will, of course, build the infrastructure to feed the power into your energy network. This is included in either deal (Solar Towers or Wind Turbines)."

[i]Concordance Extraction Corporation[/i] offers:

"As one of Sri Lanka's biggest construction companies (though mainly a mining corporation), we offer to build reliable and energy-efficient skyscrapers as well as the underground rail system.
For either, simply look at Sri Lanka as example. Colombo has one of the highest skyscraper densities in the world, with average height being around 180 meters, while the national underground rail connects almost all cities on the island of Ceylon, and most of Bangladesh's cities."

[i]Ultor[/i] offers:

"Fast DNA checking systems, Fingerprint scanners, Breath analysis machines, Eye scanners. You name it, we can do it.
Being at the forefront of high-tech development, we can not only provide systems that are top of the line, but smaller than anyone else's."

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1305294918' post='2711330']
[i]TriOptimum[/i] offers:

"Construction of high-efficience Wind Turbines and Solar Towers
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/PS10_solar_power_tower_2.jpg"][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/CNRP/Corp/th_PS10_solar_power_tower_2.jpg[/img][/url]
Being Sri Lanka's foremost energy provider, we offer some of the world's most efficient and advanced technology in power generation of any kind.
We will, of course, build the infrastructure to feed the power into your energy network. This is included in either deal (Solar Towers or Wind Turbines)."

[i]Concordance Extraction Corporation[/i] offers:

"As one of Sri Lanka's biggest construction companies (though mainly a mining corporation), we offer to build reliable and energy-efficient skyscrapers as well as the underground rail system.
For either, simply look at Sri Lanka as example. Colombo has one of the highest skyscraper densities in the world, with average height being around 180 meters, while the national underground rail connects almost all cities on the island of Ceylon, and most of Bangladesh's cities."

[i]Ultor[/i] offers:

"Fast DNA checking systems, Fingerprint scanners, Breath analysis machines, Eye scanners. You name it, we can do it.
Being at the forefront of high-tech development, we can not only provide systems that are top of the line, but smaller than anyone else's."
[/quote]

All offers have been accepted; TriOptimum's offer on Solar Towers has been finalised.

Mediterranean Transport (based in Rhodes) offers:

[quote]Underground subway system - 60 miles
High-speed rail system - 12 miles [/quote]

Virtus International, a separately owned private division of Artemis Global, offers:

[quote]Strategic Defence nubs x4
Closed system of all electro-communications
Fast DNA checking systems
Fingerprint scanners
Breath analysis machines
Eye scanners
Military airport
Strategic naval base
[/quote]

Truly, there is no military company on the globe that outshines the work Virtus International, and therefore Artemis Global, can do. Our reputation speaks for itself - the job can be done on time and under budget. That's a guarantee; Virtus International will personally shoulder the entire costs of the program running over schedule. The only condition we'd like is for our offices to also include a private area in the naval base for Virtus shipping.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1305322154' post='2711496']
Truly, there is no military company on the globe that outshines the work Virtus International, and therefore Artemis Global, can do. Our reputation speaks for itself - the job can be done on time and under budget. That's a guarantee; Virtus International will personally shoulder the entire costs of the program running over schedule. The only condition we'd like is for our offices to also include a private area in the naval base for Virtus shipping.
[/quote]

Offers have been accepted.

Finalised bids will be announced shortly.

[b]Energy-related[/b]
Wind turbines x 900 [[Obluchye Heavy Engineering x 100; Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd; [b]TriOptimum[/b]]]
Energy deliverance system from said wind turbines [[Encompass Tech Pvt Ltd; [b]TriOptimum[/b]]]
Solar energy units - building units x 140000 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
Solar energy units - train units x 40 [[b][SunTech[/b]]]
Portable energy storage units x 1600 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
Solar-powered street lights x 8000 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
Solar-powered stop-lights x 800 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
*Solar CSV power plants x 2 [[[b]SunTech[/b]]]
*High-voltage DC power grid [[[b]China Power[/b]]]
*Solar Tower x 4 [[[b]TriOptimum[/b]]]

[i]Explanation[/i]: The only competition among bidders was in wind turbines, as SunTech scored all the "minor" solar energy units while TriOptimum scored on a newly accepted Solar Tower bids and on the wind turbine systems. The Solar Towers are expected to be used to power the Strategic Defence Initiative overseeing the city with the wind turbines and portable solar energy storage units being used for an even more efficient backup system.

[b]Transportation[/b]
West Bridge - reinforced suspension [[[b]Larsen and Toubro[/b]]]
East Bridge - reinforced suspension [[[b]Larsen and Toubro[/b]]]
Underground subway system - 60 miles [[Greater Korean Construction Consortium; [b]Concordance Extraction Corporation[/b]; Mediterranean Transport]]
High-speed rail system - 12 miles [[[b]Greater Korean Construction Consortium[/b]; [s][b]Mediterranean Transport[/b][/s]]]
Road/side walk material [[[b]Greater Korean Construction Consortium[/b]]]

[i]Explanation:[/i] The only competition among bidders was on the rail and subway systems, where Greater Korean Construction Consortium tried to do a sweep of the lower three transportation bids. However, Concordance Extraction Corporation's bid was far superior while Mediterranean Transport, the middle ground on the subway system, trumped the GKCC on the high-speed rail system.

[b]Buildings[/b]
Skyscrapers - 230 of varying heights and specifications [[[b]DLF Universal[/b]; Concordance Extraction Corporation]]
Communications towers - [[[b]Nokia[/b], Samsung Electronics, KT, Monaco Telecom]]

[i]Explanation:[/i] DLF Universal was awarded the building deal because of concerns of having both underground and aboveground major bids being bought by the same company; bids were very similar but having a single company with no other bids do the work was considered safer. Nokia won a bidding war against Samsung, KT, and Monaco Telecom because of their assurances over EMP-proofing.

[b]Military[/b]
Strategic Defence nubs x4 [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Strategic Defence Tower (base) [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Strategic Defence Tower (Arrowhead) [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Strategic Defence laser system [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Missile defence bunkers x15 [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Anti-air defence bunkers x15 [[Maelstrom Inc; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Closed system of all electro-communications [[Nokia, Samsung Electronics, KT; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Fast DNA checking systems [[[b]Tratum Infosystems[/b]; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Fingerprint scanners [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; [b]Tratum Infosystems[/b]; Ultor; Virtus International]]
Breath analysis machines [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; Tratum Infosystems; [b]Ultor[/b]; Virtus International]]
Eye scanners [[Ersch Electronics, Inc.; Tratum Infosystems; [b]Ultor[/b]; Virtus International]]
Military airport [[Larsen and Toubro; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]
Strategic naval base [[Larsen and Toubro; [b]Virtus International[/b]]]

[i]Explanation:[/i] In the most competitive section, Virtus International came out on top solidly against main competition Maelstrom Inc. Virtus International was chosen because of its parent company, [i]Artemis Global[/i], whose decades of experience in military matters trumped little-internationally known Maelstrom Inc's bids over the Strategic Defence system, defence bunkers, and military bases. Concerns over having both civilian and military electro-and-telecommunications under the same company allowed Virtus to beat Nokia over communications systems. Tratum Infosystems scored on the DNA and fingerprint scanners over Ultor, who was considered the frontrunner but lost out due to concerns over having all four "safe" systems under the same company. Ultor won the eye scanners and breath analysis machine contracts over Ersch Electronics and Virtus International.

[b]Geography[/b]
Required dredging to extend from former capital site to the Atlantic Ocean [[[b]Aquinas International[/b]]]
Required dredging and digging needed for "moat" [[[b]Aquinas International[/b]]]
Trees x 750 [[[b]Bishkek Natural Conservatory[/b]]]
Desalination plants x 4 [[[b]Aquinas International[/b]]]
High-power pumping stations x 16 [[[b]Aquinas International[/b]]]
Water piping system [[[b]Aquinas International[/b]]]

[i]Explanation:[/i] With no competition, Aquinas International won all their bids and Bishkek Natural Conservatory won its sole bid.

Edited by Sargun

Mediterranean Transport protests, already a high cost has been paid in men and material as the company began prepping after notification was sent out. If Mediterranean Transport is to be disqualified then Boston Federacy must compensate the company for its expenses.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1305517861' post='2712640']
Mediterranean Transport protests, already a high cost has been paid in men and material as the company began prepping after notification was sent out. If Mediterranean Transport is to be disqualified then Boston Federacy must compensate the company for its expenses.
[/quote]

The entire bid will be reviewed and the disqualification will as well.

Having won their respective bids, TriOptimum, CEC and Ultor each requested exact specifications. Location, available area, permitted size, safety standards, requested lifespan, quantity and a ton of other information that was needed to fulfill their contracts perfectly.

Once the Federacy had sent each of the corporations the needed information, they would begin. Ultor retooled an entire factory for production of Eye-scanners and Breath analysers, expecting full delivery to be within 1 week to 3 months, depending on the quantity of devices required by the Federacy.
CEC sent architects, workers and shipped the appropriate machines to the Federacy once the location, path, et cetera of the subway system had been given to them. 60 miles of subway were child's play to the experienced construction company. Construction was scheduled to finish within three months.
Meanwhile, TriOptimum sent two ships to the Federacy, each a full 3D printing factory capable of producing almost 80% of the parts needed to build the turbines and solar towers.

Of course, everything would be EMP proofed to the greatest extent possible, with CEC even offering to build the subway with the sturdiness of a high-quality bomb shelter so that it could be used as such; while this would lengthen construction by two to three months, it was offered for free, as promotional gift of sorts.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1305517861' post='2712640']
[/quote]

After reviewing the entire process, there was a computer error that caused the glitch on our side. Our deepest apologies to Mediterranean Transport, whose bid has been reinstated with an addition 33% added on.