A Boston Federacy Announcement

Sargun II

[b]Private[/b]

Sitting in the home once inhabited by his grandfather, Robert Kennedy II rang his mother, Rory Kennedy, up via his encrypted smartphone. His sisters Georgia and Bridget were taking the aging filmmaker home from an international film awards ceremony and Robert II wanted to make sure that his mother heard the impending news from him first. It was a return to power for the [i]real[/i] Kennedy family - the !@#$%^&* in Tahoe that claimed to represent the family were long gone and the disaster that was New England had been wiped from this generation's memory. Zachary turned to his brother, nodded, and waited for the phone call to end.

"Hello, mother?"
"Yes, Robert dear?"
"I do hope you'll turn the television on tonight. I have some news."
"I suppose this is about your grand idea you've been working on for weeks, is it?"
"Yes. Yes it quite is."
"Well, I guess a quiet life just isn't one meant for us. Ah, tunnel coming up. I'll speak with you later."
"Goodbye, mother."
"Goodbye."

The short, tender conversation was over almost as quickly as it had begun. Robert II looked up and nodded to his brother, then turned to his uncle, Max.

"Are you ready, Uncle?"
"Ready as I'll ever be."
"Let's go."

[center]==================================================================
[/center]
"The former states of Vermont, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire would sure love to celebrate our newfound independence from the Empire of Pravus Ingruo with a lot more pomp and circumstance than we can afford. However, as I speak, the rogue nation of Maine has done actions leading to nuclear fallout spilling into our homes and streets and not securing our borders. To rectify this, the newly founded Boston Federacy's second course of action (after declaring independence) will be to initiate hostilities with the nation directly to our east.

"It is now the way we wanted to come in but it's the way we have to. God Bless."

The [url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Flag_of_Boston.jpg]flag[/url] was raised high as the newly-formed Boston First Army prepared to cross the border. As they marched, Robert Kennedy pressed "the button" that formally reactivated several older nuclear weapons and commenced the launch of several satellites, both for military purposes and for defending against nuclear missiles.

"Supplies for our civilians are needed at high priority. Our military has used up the majority of our radiation-combat supplies in order to actually invade and conquer the rogue nation. Harmful fallout has yet to descend in quantities to do much damage, but we expect that within three days our nation will be in severe need of radiation sickness assistance and we will accept as much help as we can."

Then we shall be dispatching our Merchant Navy fleets filled with special protective clothing, medicine and as much radiation prevention medicine as we can spare from Stornoways attack.

With your permission, we request to fly in C-5's galaxies in advance filled with such supplies in order to get them to your population as soon as posible.

Permission granted; we have set up airports away from major cities that are connected directly to major distribution hubs so congestion will not be a problem in delivering the aid. Is it possible to send volunteers to help in distribution? We are using enough manpower attempting to organize and keep the distribution civil.

It will be done.

[b]In Ireland[/b]

Fifty two C-5m galaxies loaded up with the supplies began lifting off from RAF bases along the east coast of Ireland. From Scotland, five more C-5m's departed RAF bases.

The four of the second wave of Galaxies carried 3 Lynx Helicopters end to end and the fifth carried the Second Company of the Second Batallion Irish Guards Army Air Regiment, a regiment heavily experienced in nuclear distaster and humanitarian relief through experience in London and the Midlands.

The Company wouldnt be carrying standard battlefield gear, they would be wearing level 4 MOPP suits for maximum protection.

It would take roughly seven or eight hours to fly across the Atlantic.

Meanwhile, below in Dublin, Belfast, Portsmouth, Scapa Flow and Southhampton, the Merchant Marine fleets began sailing for the Boston Federacy loaded up with with special protective clothing, medicine and as much radiation prevention medicine that could be spared.

Five ships carried the maintenance crews, spare parts and other logistical things that required an Army Air Company to function properly on a humanitarian mission. The Companies weaponry was carried on the ships, but would be locked in the armouries until cleared by Boston officials.

The troops trapped in the border upon hearing the transmission attempted to contact their new neighbors. Their connection was not as stable as they hoped hopefully they would get the gist of the message.

[quote]This.... Colonel Stark.... 50,000 men.... trapped.... wall.... running out.... supplies.... help.... surrender....
[/quote]
They lost power suddenly, hopefully it would work.

"This just in, General!"
"Put it up!"

[quote]This.... Colonel Stark.... 50,000 men.... trapped.... wall.... running out.... supplies.... help.... surrender....[/quote]

"Good God... they put fifty thousand men in the wall to die without food or water! General..."
General Hammond contemplated for the briefest of moments before deciding his course of action. "Captain, I want you to accept their surrender and inform the world that the nation of Maine has been pacified except for the rogue nuclear elements."
"Will do, sir."
"Excellent. Send Mayeux out to round them up and get them some goddamn iodine."
"Will do."

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1303854712' post='2699947']
The Commonwealth of Canada welcomes the Boston Confederation and grants then full recognition.
[/quote]

It is the Boston[b] Federacy[/b], not [i]Confederation[/i] - there is a clear, elementary difference between the two. Regardless, we thank the Canadian Union for their recognizance.

In a related story, Maine was added to the Boston Federacy.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1303859562' post='2700009']
It is the Boston[b] Federacy[/b], not [i]Confederation[/i] - there is a clear, elementary difference between the two. Regardless, we thank the Canadian Union for their recognizance.

In a related story, Maine was added to the Boston Federacy.
[/quote]

OoC: I see what you did there...

We apologise for the mistake

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1303860617' post='2700020']
First please allow me to express my and my antion's sympathies with your nation following this terrible nuclear attack. As a fellow american nation please contact us if you require any assistance. We will provide anything that you require.
Katrina Steiner, Missouri leader
[/quote]
The Federacy only wonders if Missouri is capable of sending syringes for injections?

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1303866929' post='2700075']
[i]"Congrats on your independence Boston, enjoy your tea!"[/i]
[i]-[/i]Emperor Theippan I
[/quote]
The Burmese nation is applauded for its warm welcome.

"Should humanitarian aid, or radioactive cleanup materials and/or crews be neccessary, Sweden is willing to assist in any manner available. Until further notice, the Røde Kors (Red Cross) of Sweden is on standby. Oh, and we congratulate the Federacy on it's independence and wish it the best. A bottle of Koskenkorva has been delivered to your government's headquarters for celebration. Cheers."

- Madeleine I, Drottning (Queen) av Sverige

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1303874100' post='2700138']
"Should humanitarian aid, or radioactive cleanup materials and/or crews be neccessary, Sweden is willing to assist in any manner available. Until further notice, the Røde Kors (Red Cross) of Sweden is on standby. Oh, and we congratulate the Federacy on it's independence and wish it the best. A bottle of Koskenkorva has been delivered to your government's headquarters for celebration. Cheers."

- Madeleine I, Drottning (Queen) av Sverige
[/quote]

"All of the Federacy thanks Sweden. What we need at the moment is heavy-duty tarp or plastic sheets that can be used to expedite the radioactive cleanup process," President Kennedy II stated. "Drottning Madeleine, we thank you."

As per the request of the Federacy, a civilian transport took off from the ports of Stockholm and made it's way to Boston. On the ship would be heavy-duty tarps alongside personnel trained in radioactive clean-up and recovery. Although the assistance of the Røde Kors was not officially marked on the inventory and personnel sheets, a couple of personnel were onboard the transport just in case.

The long journey would take several hours, and the transport would be protected by the distinguished destroyer HMS Östergötland. If neccessary, the Flygvapnet would be on call, and control towers across the nation alongside the headquarters of Sweden's Air Force would be prepared to call nations within the Treaty of Zurich to increase the distance capabilities of the Air Force's JAS 39's. They would only be called in case of emergency, however, such as a rogue naval or air attack.

So the two vessels set sail across the Baltic sea, and into the Atlantic... the journey began for the nation's first Humanitarian mission, as well as it's first active naval mission involving military vessels.

The HMS Östergötland and the civilian transport carrying supplies and personnel bound for the Federacy has docked in Boston Harbor.

Kapten Bielke of the HMS Östergötland will be acting as both commander of the relief mission, and liason to the Kingdom of Sweden. Per his instructions, he began unloading the materials off the civilian transport and had the personnel prepared on stand-by. Communications from the Kingdom of Sweden were sent to both the Port Authority and the Government of the Federacy to let them know of the arrival of the vessels prior to them even docking, 15 minutes prior at most.