MOUNT TERROR: TERROR MOUNTAIN EDITION

Sargun II

OOC: Closed to mogar, tidybowlman and myself.//

Late in 20XX (over 20 years ago), Terror Mountain experienced a miniature amount of seismic action that ended up collapsing the entire lower half of the Artemis "untold horrors" base. That specific section of the base was used to hide genetic tests, illegal laboratory experiments, technological mishaps, and, of course, the most important information that Artemis had collected on nations around the world. Dozens of Unspeakables were killed in the seismic action and subsequent collapse, and Artemis strengthened the existing infrastructure and spread out to the surface. Artemis now successfully operates surface-area headquarters on Mount Terra Nova and on the several capes, while a Mount Erebus complex is currently being built.

Artemis finally re-opened the "untold horrors" section of the base for private use after lobbing from several extranational entities. They needed people to have some action in the world; Artemis needed some bodies to get rid of all the danger so they could reopen the area for practical use.

The invitations were sent. Ariana Granda was to come and lead the MoG[Corp] contingent. Private Baraby was to lead his own private contingent, the Legion Disciplinary Squad #3.

Ariana Granda(OOC: <-v-pictured), a history major at MoG[College] received a letter slipped under her bedroom door, marked simply Final Exam, containing a plane ticket and instructions to meet a waiting car outside, after meeting a very well dressed driver and an amazing ride to MoG[Corp] International airport, there she met a film crew, two silent female Japanese naval lieutenants, and a bunch of marines all assigned to protect the college student, they boarded a private jet and flew to Terror Mountain, Ariana unaware of where she was even headed, the two lieutenants hating their superiors for ordering them to guard this stupid girl.
:Back at MoG[Tower]:
Masami Midori unveiled a movie poster for the latest project, using pictures from the girl's laptop.
[IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/M0gar/MOUNTTERRORTERRORMOUNTIANEDITION.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Mogar

"Who should we send?" Dellion asks.

"Baraby, promote him, and send with him the biggest bunch of losers and skeezbags we can find. In fact, let Artemis know that we won't even be slightly peeved if none of them come back," Denard replies.

"Baraby it is then, after that attempt to rob a liquor store he's in hot water again anyway and the 3rd Disciplinary Squad ought to do," Dellion comments as he dispatches an orderly to make it happen.

"Remember the time Baraby got lost while delivering a load of explosives and parked the truck right next to that enemy commander's headquarters and fell asleep in the guy's hammock?" Denard asks Dellion.

"Didn't the truck cook off and blow the enemy commander, his entire staff, his harem, and a bus full of nuns into pieces the size of a penny?" Dellion asks back.

"Yeah, everyone except Baraby who was still sleeping in the hammock when we found him. Biggest walking disaster ever that man," Denard mutters.

"Remember the time he blew up a mess tent?"

"Or the time he set fire to a hospital?"

"Or the time he got an entire supply convoy lost and they spent the night in that whore house and got arrested for not being able to pay their tab the next morning so they signed over their Legion vehicles to settle up?"

"Or the time Baraby sunk a freighter?"

"Bob, seriously, why in the name of god did you keep him around?" Dellion asks.

"Only to see what happens next," Denard says back.

Acting Squad Leader Baraby and the seven men of the Legion Disciplinary Squad #3 look around them and see nothing. The explanation for this is quite simple, they are shackled and hooded. This was to prevent the 3rd Squad from noticing where they were going when they were drug out of the brig by their heels upon the news that Baraby had been promoted to acting squad leader of their detachment.

Many a Legionnaire would rather take their chances with suicide than be assigned to anything to do with Baraby. The news had not been well taken by the 3rd Squad. Even for being murderers, rapists, and tax evaders that the 3rd Squad is made up of, they all unanimously demanded their rights to be treated with dignity and humanity. Denard's reply, "Blow it our your ##$ and get on the damn plane."

The eight men, still hooded and shackled, are unceremoniously booted off the back of a still moving C-130, which promptly turns around and takes off again. There is nothing but the wind in their airs and Baraby who says, "Oh my @#$#@@# god, I forgot my toothbrush!"

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1303792191' post='2699616']
Ariana Granda(OOC: <-v-pictured), a history major at MoG[College] received a letter slipped under her bedroom door, marked simply Final Exam, containing a plane ticket and instructions to meet a waiting car outside, after meeting a very well dressed driver and an amazing ride to MoG[Corp] International airport, there she met a film crew, two silent female Japanese naval lieutenants, and a bunch of marines all assigned to protect the college student, they boarded a private jet and flew to Terror Mountain, Ariana unaware of where she was even headed, the two lieutenants hating their superiors for ordering them to guard this stupid girl.
[/quote]
After the world's longest run-on sentence, Ariana Granda would arrive at Prime Airport (AIR), a military airport reserved for private landings. They would be transferred by yellow industrial buses to the [url="http://www.christchurchairport.co.nz/content/526/Antarctic%20Attraction%202.JPG"]International Antarctic Centre[/url], a tourist attraction and stopping point for all public visitors to Ross Island, the Artemis complex, and any businessmen.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1303792973' post='2699623']
The eight men, still hooded and shackled, are unceremoniously booted off the back of a still moving C-130, which promptly turns around and takes off again. There is nothing but the wind in their airs and Baraby who says, "Oh my @#$#@@# god, I forgot my toothbrush!"
[/quote]

After being buffeted around in 90+ mph winds, the eight men landed relatively safely at Prime Airport (AIR). They were then each beaten unconscious for their own safety and then dragged across the ice to the International Antarctic Centre, where they would defrost while Ariana Granda's marines were told strictly to never listen to a single word the unconscious men ever said and to never follow them into dark places. In fact, simply stay as far away as they could.

As the men woke up, a middle-aged man on the other side of the hill walked out into the Centre's main lobby. His ice-blue cane cracked each time it slammed against the floor, almost seemingly for effect because his left leg's limp was hardly noticeable. After pausing a moment to adjust his mechanical heart, he ran his right hand across his scarred face and pointed his cane at Ariana. "You there, Mizz Granda," he said with the slightest of buzzing in his 'Mizz', "you should understand one thing and one thing only: pretty young women like yourself are usually pampered and put into positions in corporations and governments because of quotas need to be met. I understand you are a history major. Good - history is the only damn thing on this planet worth saving and you'll find that that's the only reason we're even going down here. Expect everyone you see here to die and by the time you'll get out you'll either have exceeded expectations or be too dead to care.

"Any questions, Mizz Granda? I'm going to have to attend to these buffoons shortly."

//OOC: A special guest may be arriving//

Edited by Sargun

Ariana got off the bus, shivering before taking her hat out of the backpack they gave her
[IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/M0gar/normal_justarianaa117_large.jpg[/IMG]
"is there going to be a meal before we go? walking makes me hungry..."

the lieutenants both facepalm before talking in Japanese amongst themselves "what did we do to deserve this assignment? Emi Natsuki, the slightly younger of the too, and on the fast track, or so she thought, Keiko Shizuka shook her head and spit back "this is probably your fault somehow, they only sent me because of brats like you and her getting whatever they want!", the cameramen decided to split between the two conversations, themselves shaking a bit at the mans words, but figuring they were sent here to shoot this airhead, it couldn't possibly be anything THAT bad.

Edited by Mogar

[quote]Expect everyone you see here to die and by the time you'll get out you'll either have exceeded expectations or be too dead to care.
[/quote]

Steven Rochelle and Baxter King glanced at each other as they passed by; that could only mean great things. Ever since the duo lost the company's annual robot wars pool they had been down on their luck. I mean, with a name like DeathTron, it was a sure bet. Only thing worse than losing 5,000 V-Marks was that DeathTron was beaten by a robot named PrettyWhiskers. Seriously, PrettyWhiskers. This was their chance to take the other company drones to cleaners.

Steven quickly pulled out his cell phone, "Ron, it's Steve. Something might be about to go down. Mr. Williams is up to something with our Artemis brothers. Mind seeing what he's up to?"

"Steven, you and I both know that it's none of our business what Mr. Williams does."

"We can hold another company pool over it."

"Another chance to take your and Bax's money? I'm in."

"A meal?" He rapped his cane on the ground rapidly and several men carrying genetically-modified polar bear meat came on trays. "Polar bear is delicious and you won't vomit it up after going down several thousand feet very rapidly. Eat fast, and get acquainted with each other. We leave in an hour. Well, [i]you[/i] do."

He then turned to the two Japanese and uttered several oaths warning them that further insubordination towards their leader, despite her shortcomings, would result in a permanent reassignment to the Artemis Antarctica Brigade and that their mothers would soon be whores.

Ariana poked the meat a few times, wondering what it was going to taste like before deciding to gnaw on it a bit, figuring it would be better than eating nothing, Emi and Keiko stared at their new leader, both embarrassed the man could understand them, the cameramen mouthed to each other "this is gold", Emi ordering the Marines to carry as much ammunition as possible, ten in front and ten in the back with Emi and Keiko walking along side the girl, "intelligence on what could actually exist is unknown and but our.... l-leader, she shuddered the word, "Ariana will know when our mission is complete, so your first priority is her safety, and that comes before any one of us, understood?" "YES MAM!" the marines shouted in unision, "Dismissed!" the marines began to pack up as much ammo as they could carry, taking an extra sub machine gun with each squad, the sergeants and lieutenants each taking an uzi as a side arm, along with their normal weaponry.

"Seeing as the Dumbass Brigade #3 here is still out cold," he used his cane to assault one of the men viciously in the chest without a second thought, "You'll be going in solo. Mizz Granda, on your mark." He smiled and held a pristinely white piece of paper up for everyone to see. "You'll be going to chambers one, two, and three within the first half hour. They each hold some sort of laboratory experiment gone wrong. Laboratory three in particular had a genetic experiment of a scaled nature. We don't know what's down there, so be prepared. If someone dies, use their body as a shield. Except," he pointed his cane at Emi and Keiko, "except those two. We'll use them as organ donors."

Ariana wondered why she didnt become a vet, looking around at all these people with guns and canes and cameras and wondering how she woke up from a normal day at school, Emi handed an MP5K with strap, 2 Glock 18s on a shoulder vest, a small flak jacket to at least attempt to protect from anything dangerous, as well as a 2 spare clips for the mp5 and 4 for the Glocks, and then quickly told in English how to fire and more importantly switch firing modes, in case the situation around her got dangerous fast, Keiko decided to take one of the spare Sniper rifles from the supplies, slinging it onto her back for future use, she noticed the weapons weren't the standard colors, almost as if their commander has them painted specially for this mission.
[IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/M0gar/myweapon1.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Mogar

"Who said anything about us being out cold," Acting Squad Leader Baraby says loudly as he sits up and removes his hood and manacles. It was a neat trick on his part, one he learned from a particularly voluptous prostitute in Bangkok named Big Bertha. Big Bertha, famous for her hedonistic acts involving all night benders fueled with blow, had taught him the art of removing manacles with a scrap of wire.

Baraby looks down at the other seven unconscious Legionnaires and shouts, "On your feet Legionnaires!"

"Screw you boss!" is all the response he gets from one of them who seems to be coming around from his beating.

"Say, you fellows have any spare toothbrushes?" Baraby asks as he gives the other Legionnaires a helpful nudge or two with his boot.

"You were out cold if I damn well say you were," the man responded with another whack of the cane against the man still recovering. "Acting Squad Leader Baraby, you apparently have fortuitous timing. You and your marines will be departing in 45 minutes and will be taking chambers four, five, and six simultaneously with Mizz Granda's team. As you were apparently not unconscious I hope you heard everything else. Save marine number three's body for organ donation.

"Any questions?" He asked as more Antarctic polar bear was brought out.

The Legion C-130 makes a quick about face as the loadmaster shrieks in terror. "Boss, we forgot to drop their kit with them!"

"Do you think Denard will care?" the pilot asks.

"Do you want to ask him yourself?" the loadmaster asks back.

"Coming about!"

The C-130 goes to full military power and buzzes the Artemis strip at the shatteringly fast speed of 403 miles per hour. Down right fast for a C-130 mind you but hilariously slow to anyone else. The back ramp drops down and three large crates are booted out of the plane. The drag chutes bring the large metal containers to a stop on the Artemis strip as the C-130 nicknamed the [i]Fowl[/i] by its crew turns around and starts passing out the celebratory beers.

Well no beer for the pilot he has to fly. Besides, he can't stand the taste of beer. Which is why he does a bumps a line off a mirror as he joins in singing [i]The Old Gray Mare[/i].

Baraby and his men stagger back out to the strip and collect their equipment containers. Inside he is surprised to find actual working equipment. After the whole Liquor store business in Austria he was fairly certain he'd end up being issued sharp sticks and a couple of rocks for this latest assignment. Mind you, one might consider a 12Gauge Shotgun a mere step or two above sharp sticks, but then beggars can't be choosers.

Baraby sorts out his squad as the men don their body armor, tactical helmets, headlamps, elbow pads, knee pads, holsters for their .45 caliber pistols, and help themselves to large handfuls of 12 Gauge shotgun shells and they feed them into their weapons and ammo pouches. Other pouches are shoved with energy bars, flash bangs, and batteries for their flashlights and tactical radios.

Baraby examines the men, nods to them, and says sagely, "Marine #3, who is Marine #3, we have to save your body for organ harvesting. Could Marine #3 step forward?" as the Legionnaires who would never in their lives designate each other as a marine sort of watch Baraby in a horrified silence. They do so as they slowly edge away from the man in the event that this Marine #3 bloke doesn't take the news of his impending organ harvesting all that well.

These might be rapists, murderers, and tax evaders the Legion sent, but they aren't stupid ones. Besides, everyone knows that all te really stupid Legionnaires go to Flight School, well except for Baraby, but he's considered something of an anomaly who somehow bumbled his way through Special Operations Group training before anyone found out his original MOS was that of a moron.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XWrZEi64C7w/R1Nhd3TilaI/AAAAAAAAAWo/gtfZVJUw4nQ/s1600-R/saiga_12k_tromix.jpg[/img]

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

Ariana continued eating, surprising the marines with how much she ate, but they were trying to get a quick meal in before whatever horrors they were about to face "i wonder what these polar bears look like when they're not dead?" Ariana wondered aloud. Emi looked in the cargo section of their aircraft, finding a box of 30 grenades. handing most of them out to the marines as spares, putting 3 in Ariana's backpack and keeping 2 each for herself and Keiko.
OOC: I am on my phone at work, i will post something better this evening when i get out.

//OOC: I waited thinking that you would make a new post or edit later, but!//

"Polar bears are abysmally adorable at all times, even when about to maul you and devour your ever-living soul," the older man stated to Ariana. "Jap #1, I don't think putting grenades in this young woman's backpack is the safest route - give her one for emergency uses and give one to yourself and Jap #2. It'll probably come in handy."

Five minutes later, two large lifts came from beneath the ground and several men with large, bright lights shaped to look like lanterns appeared and ushered the two groups into each lift. As soon as the groups were aboard, they'd be going down.

Carmine Williams, CEO of Virtus International was having a good day until he discovered the polar bear meat he brought for lunch had disappeared from the management's private cafeteria. After yelling at the room for a good half hour he had no choice but to suspect his counterpart in Artemis. Supposedly the tournament was supposed to start that day and Carmine suspected his delicious lunch was stolen to be apart of it. Left with no choice, he placed a call to Artemis' CEO.

Edited by Yawoo

Evan Hiley, CEO of Artemis was having a good day until his phone rang because the polar bear meat he had stolen for lunch had been discovered disappeared from the management's private cafeteria. After he laughed a bit at the half an hour that Carmine Williams had spent yelling at the room, he turned away from the situation and went back to tournament business. Supposedly the tourn- $%&@ it let's get on with it

"Y'ello, Carmine. What's the pleasure?" His gruff voice greeted Williams.

"Wait, that's where LeBlanc went? You !@#$%^&, she cancelled our Sunday fu-" He stopped, did some quick thinking, "our Sunday fun cooking day! Your damn meat's in these morons' stomachs by now and now that I learned where the hell LeBlanc has been I'm not sure if I'm going to compensate you for it, Car-[i]mine[/i]!"

He slammed his cane loud enough for the man on the other end to hear.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course you're going to compensate me for my lost lunch." Carmine's voice dropped, "otherwise, I'll have no choice but to tell the participants exactly how to win your contest. Oh, and I'll steal LeBlanc away from you and your 'fun cooking' days. Oh, and I'll never sit next to you in the cafeteria again leaving alone with all the suck ups!"

"At least some of the suck-ups live up to their name!" He said, referring to Stacy McAdams. "And you can't tell them how to win - there's no service in the tunnel and your liaison down here [b]accidentally[/b] had his testicles come in close contact with a steam iron, so he's in the hospital. And if you touch LeBlanc I swear to God I'll make sure your three love children take all of your houses and your Labrador!"