Der Böhmischen Zeitung

Padraig Rua

[size="5"][color="#FF0000"][center]Imperial Council Reform[/center][/color][/size]

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a3/Maccari-Cicero.jpg/400px-Maccari-Cicero.jpg[/img][/center]

Kaiser Frederick has decided to reform the Imperial Council. He believes it is necessary for change to occur within the council. He believes the people should get a bigger say in who administrates over them and what they want them to do for them. The following changes have taken place:

[b]1. The Imperial Council is henceforth to be know as the Imperial Senate.

2. Members of the Imperial Senate are to be known as Senators.

3. The Imperial Senate will consist of 151 Senators.

4. The Senate now creates laws and acts as advisors to the Kaiser.

5. The Kaiser still has complete control over the Senate and its decisions.[/b]

The Imperial Council members have accepted the changes along with the Bohemian people. Many are rejoicing the creation of the Imperial Senate, hailing it as another step to greater democracy and Freedom.

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Economic Growth[/size][/color][/center]

[center][img]http://www.geostrategypartners.com/images/clip_image001_000.jpg[/img][/center]

Kaiser Frederick has been working closely with the Senator of Finance, Heinrich Borg, in drawing up a plan to develop the Bohemian economy. This has been named the [b]Program for Economic Expansion[/b]. In the Kaiser's own words, the Senate became:

[i]busily engaged in building up our economy, developing agricultural and industrial production and exports, and providing jobs to keep our young men and women at home working.[/i]

The idea of self-sufficiency has been partially abandoned. Grants have been given to encourage new industries, while foreign companies are being attracted to Bohemia by the promise of low taxes on their profits. The results have been dramatic - over 800 new factories and companies have been set up, helping to supply jobs for the new Germanic citizens in Bohemia and of course the Bohemians themselves. Unemployment has been reduced in Bohemia by 80%. With job prospects improving, more people have been arriving in Bohemia. Over 500,000 people have arrived in Bohemia causing the population to increase even more. With the three million Germanic citizens, and these newcomers added to the original population of 3.5 million, the nations population has increased to 7 million.

With the bigger population more infrastructure has been built and citizenship has been quickly given to the new peoples, Bohemia continues to welcome their new brothers and sisters, and thanks to the newcomers the Bohemian economy is becoming stronger, and stronger.

[u][b]Classified:[/b][/u] The following has been issued to the Deutsche-Bohemia Army, and the Deutshe-Bohemia Luftwaffe. All weapons were bought from the Germanic Union, in a arms deal. This shows the modernization of the Bohemian armed forces to modern day armies:

Tanks: 100 Leopard IV MBT

Artillery: 20 Wiesel AD Tankette, 40 PzH 2000 SPG, 10 Nebelwerfer Rocket Artillery, 30 Panzerjäger Perkunos

Aircraft: 5 Me 2.305 Richthofen Fighter-Interceptors, 5 Me 2.522 Irminsul

Weapons: 80,000 Heckler and Koch G3, 80,000 Tambar StG, 50,000 Panzerfaust IV

IFV: 100 Puma IFV

Transport: 100 Mercedes-Benz Transport Trucks, 100 Mjöllnir planes(when ready)

Armour: 80,000 Einherjar Class Armor

[color="#FF0000"][size="5"][center]Messerschmitt and Nordlandische Waffenwerke[/center][/size][/color]

[center][img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/725000/images/_728012_plant1.jpg[/img][/center]

After two months of construction the Messerschmitt and Nordlandische Waffenwerke weapons company has opened in Karlsbad for business. The company is the main state weaponry company of Germany, and in a weapons deal Bohemia has agreed to produce the Mjöllnir transport plane. The company is situated on the outskirts of Karlsbad, and the company has supplied many jobs to the locals of Karlsbad and the surrounding regions in not only producing the transport plane but producing ammunition for the Bohemian army in s small ammunition factory attached to the main complex.

A small ceremony was heald upon the companys innauguration. The first item manufactured, one Mjöllnir plane was presented to the Kaiser after having been tested successfully. Over 500 planes are expected to be produce in the first month. The Kaiser was quoted saying at the ceremony [i]"Viel Danke Deutschland".[/i]

• 4 weeks later...

[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Civil War Over, reconstruction begins[/size][/color][/center]

After two years of civil war Bohemia is finally at peace once again. After the defeat of Fascist forces in southern Pilsen Gegend, their power was destroyed. Many citizens rebelled after hearing about the Fascist defeat and death of their leader Richthofen, and begun arresting former Fascist administrators and government members. After Royalist troops regained control of the entire country large celebrations were held, which lasted for days.

Kaiser Frederick and his victorious government must now focus on repairing infrastructure, rebuilding residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. Reviving all the necessary structures that were once enjoyed by Bohemian citizens before the war. Frederick also plans to develop a new and larger army, while improving foreign relations once again.

After reconstruction is finished, monuments and memorials will be built to those who fought and died in the Bohemian Civil War. Legislation will also be passed to ban fascism in Bohemia and to make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Former administrators and government members of the Fascist regime have been imprisoned, for at least twenty years, for their crimes against Bohemia.

Kaiser Frederick also thanks Austria for her support during the civil war.

[b]Classified:[/b] By order of the Bohemia Military High Command, the Deutsche-Bohemia Army has been expanded to 110,000 troops to provide greater protection to the citizens of Bohemia. These new troops have been equipped with standard Deutsche-Bohemia weapons e.g Tambar StG, Heckler and Koch G3.

[center][size="5"][color="#FF0000"]Reconstruction Finished[/color][/size][/center]
[center][img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x324/PADDYD15/800px-Czech_Republic_districts.png?t=1311160664[/img][/center]
[center][b]New Map Information[/b][/center]

After months of hard, challenging work, and large sums of money Bohemia has finally been rebuilt. Fortunately many buildings in the Liberec region and Aussig region were unharmed while Karlsbad was also spared. Pilsen city and region have been completely rebuilt, as has Karlsbad region. Infrastructure has also been repaired, mainly rail networks and motorways, as they were mostly damaged unlike the Hydro-Plants on the river Elbe or other power supply's. The number of citizens lost during the war are slowly being replaced by re-population. The military has also been repaired, and brought up to a greater number.

[center][size="5"][color="#FF0000"]Classified: Von Richter Line[/color][/size][/center]

[center][img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x324/PADDYD15/800px-Czech_Republic_districts2.png?t=1311679727[/img][/center]

The Bohemian High Command has order the construction of two separate defensive lines, one for the border with GNED, and one for the border with Germany. Currently the defensive line with GNED has been constructed. It has been named the Von Richter line because General Von Richter was responsible for its construction, and he is one of Bohemia's best commanders.

The line is constructed from the following materials: Wood, Boulders, Concrete, steel, and natural features. The line runs from the German border, to the southern border with Germany and GNED. It consists of 150 machine-gun positions and 15 artillery positions built of concrete. Many items such as fallen trees and boulders are incorporated into defensive positions. Land-mines, both wooden and metal, have been placed in-front of the Von Richter line which have the explosive power to take out an enemy tank. Barbed wire has been distributed over the land-mines with anti-tank, and anti-personnel structures such as concrete obstacles for tanks and vehicles. The anti-tank obstacle system is immediately followed by an anti-personnel obstacle system made primarily of very dense barbed wire.

Blockhouses and strong houses which are camouflaged as inoffensive residential homes, built in safe areas of the Land-mine sector, and manned by troops so as to give alarm in the event of sneak or surprise attack as well as delay enemy tanks with prepared explosives and barricades.

The telephone system connects every fortification in the Von Richter Line, including bunkers, infantry and artillery fortresses, observation posts, and shelters. Two telephone wires are placed, underground, parallel to the line of fortifications which providides redundancy in the event of a wire getting cut(which is most unlikely). There are places along the cable where dismounted soldiers could connect to the network. But these areas are only known by officers.

Rail networks connect to the line in various areas to supply ammunition, food, and weapons. Supply depots and ammunition dumbs are positioned behind the line underground in reinforced bunkers. All which is mentioned above is camouflaged in the best way it can, by using military fauna, and natural surroundings. Anti-Aircraft defenses have also been placed into the design of the Von Richter line.

The second line will be constructed soon, along the German border with similar defenses.

Edited by Chancellor Patrick

[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Bohemian Reichkommissariat[/size][/color][/center]

[center][img]http://www.istrianet.org/istria/heraldry/flags/habsburg_flag.jpg[/img][/center]

After the recent and unprovoked invasion of Bohemia, the following terms have been accepted to prevent the loss of anymore Bohemian lives by Kaiser Frederick Von Hapsburg I of Bohemia.

[b]1.[/b] Bohemia becomes a Reichskommissariat, under the total protection of the Empire
[b]2.[/b] The throne of Bohemia is to be abolished.
[b]3.[/b] Kaiser Frederick Von Hapsburg I shall become an Imperial Governor of the Bohemian Reichkommissariat, who answers to the throne in Welthauptstadt Tiblisi

[center][color="#FF0000"][size="5"]Monument to the Massacre of Bohemian Troops[/size][/color][/center]

[center][img]http://www.freefoto.com/images/14/15/14_15_8---The-Victory-Monument--Bolzano--South-Tyrol--Italy_web.jpg[/img][/center]

The Imperial Governor of Bohemia, Frederick Von Hapsburg, has unveiled a monument to the 20,000 Deutsche-Bohemia troops who were massacred by the military forces of the Greater Nordic Empire. These men died in a surprise attack on the Von Richter line in Eastern Bohemia, by a combined aircraft and artillery bombardment. These men left behind them friends, wife's, children, brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers.
The monument to these troops has been financed by Frederick Von Hapsburg, Bohemian citizens, and the family and friends of these men and women who died serving Bohemia. The monument itself was unveiled after a ceremony to these troops attended by a audience of 1 million people, including various high political figures of the former government and military including the family's of these men and women.

In a speech during the ceremony, the former Kaiser Frederick announced that:

[quote][i]These men and women died defending Bohemia, a country that they loved and believed in. They serve as martyr's to future generations who will learn about the atrocities committed by the Greater Nordic Empire. They will inspire Bohemians to live free and prosper under their own government, under their own free people who share the same ideals as they.[/i][/quote]

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1312475018' post='2771844']
Grand Papua could only hope that Bohemia will be freed from the fascists in the future.
[/quote]

We very much appreciate your support, and we hope that relations can strengthen between our two nations after liberation and restoration of the Bohemian Kingdom.

-[b]Frederick Von Hapsburg[/b]

This is rather astounding. The sitting Governor of a province of Dalmatia is advocating liberation from Dalmatia openly. I mean judgement on this war aside, the fact that you are openly wishing hostility upon your own nation suggests to me that your pretty much begging to be removed from office if through no other reason than being an incompetent strategist.

-UFE Ambassador to the GNED

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1312574822' post='2772809']
This is rather astounding. The sitting Governor of a province of Dalmatia is advocating liberation from Dalmatia openly. I mean judgement on this war aside, the fact that you are openly wishing hostility upon your own nation suggests to me that your pretty much begging to be removed from office if through no other reason than being an incompetent strategist.

-UFE Ambassador to the GNED
[/quote]

It is quite obvious that when a nation is invaded by another nation there are two expected results. The first result involves the occupied nation to submit to their new overlords. They give no resistance nothing at all because there was no harmful atrocities inflicted on the occupied people.

The second result is open defiance from the occupied to their occupiers. This is because the occupiers obviously made a mistake while invading, besides invading, such as a massacre of civilians or military personnel. If you have not forgotten....., remember the massacre of Bohemian military personnel at the Von Richter line? This is the reason why myself and the people of Bohemia advocate liberation from Dalmatia openly.

But I suppose the warmongering dictatorship of the United Federation of the East would only know one side of the story....

[b]Statement from the Governor of Bohemia, Frederick Von Hapsburg.[/b]

"You agreed to join the Dalmatian Government as part of peace terms. Either you meant this or you did not. If you actually meant it which doesn't looks to be the case you would not turn around and five minutes later say, 'I'm going to revolt.' If you did not mean it, then the logical thing to do would be to not openly advertise your rebellion until you are strong enough to rebel. You on the other hand have broadcast your intent to do so on channels that the Dalmatian Emperor can see and thus given him an entirely new and now legitimate casus belli to put you down. Therefore you are incompetent."

We would like to remind the government of the Bohemian Reichkommissariat to not bite the hand that feeds them. We consider these preachings of "rebellion" to be outright treason, and a threat to the security of the Empire.

Signed,
Imperial Regent
Jorhan Stahl

"It is understandable that a nation that has been subjugated forcefully would want to restore its sovereignty and independence. While there are steps that can be taken militarily to undertake this, open rebellion is not the only way to regain freedom. Nor is making scathing remarks about those who have subjugated you, or insinuating the possibility of open rebellion. It is understandable that there is lingering animosity by those in Bohemia for Dalmatian occupation, but we ask that the Governor of Bohemia seek more peaceful channels in his effort to regain freedom for his nation, instead of causing further destruction and death.

The Cajun Federation urges both sides to caution on the side of restraint and hopes that this situation will resolve itself peaceably."

- Maxime Lafayette, Interim Foreign Minister

The Dalmatian Emperor would have to be quite ignorant to think his newly acquired province would not rebel, especially after the massacre of Bohemian military personnel. He would have to see it miles away from the moment I decided to join the Dalmatian Government. If he did, his Imperial Highness would have not offered for me to administrate over the Reich's protectorate, especially since I am the former Kaiser of Bohemia.

But I have only talked of rebellion, I have never made plans for rebellion,and never organized troops for rebellion. It is only natural to talk of rebellion so early after the invasion. Peace is all my nation ever wanted, but that dream has been destroyed by Dalmatia.

"Speaking of rebellion without planning to do so seems to be the quickest way to invite a punitive excursion for which you are unprepared. Your words are all the proof that the Dalmatian government has that you are not plotting to revolt, and who is going to believe that the man who is speaking of rebellion is not also inciting it? So if your plan is to bring further harm to your people, continuing on your current path seems the best way to do so. Think; in just one day, those that you preach against killed 20,000 of your military personnel. No ruler with the interest of the people at heart would do anything to bring another such wave of destruction upon their land. I encourage the Bohemian governor to rethink his words and actions before his folly brings more destruction to his state."

-Duke Alaric I

Edited by Rauchen

[quote name='Rauchen' timestamp='1312662926' post='2773701']
"Speaking of rebellion without planning to do so seems to be the quickest way to invite a punitive excursion for which you are unprepared. So if your plan is to bring further harm to your people, continuing on your current path seems the best way to do so. Think; in just one day, those that you preach against killed 20,000 of your military personnel. No ruler with the interest of the people at heart would do anything to bring another such wave of destruction upon their land. I encourage the Bohemian governor to rethink his words and actions before his folly brings more destruction to his state."

-Duke Alaric I
[/quote]

Such words would not have to spoken if the reason for them to be spoken did not occur in the first place.

-Frederick Hapsburg

[quote name='Chancellor Patrick' timestamp='1312663084' post='2773707']
Such words would not have to spoken if the reason for them to be spoken did not occur in the first place.

-Frederick Hapsburg
[/quote]

"What may have been is neither here nor there. What matters is what has already happened, and as you have accepted the terms of Dalmatian occupation, your efforts would be better directed to improving the lives of your subjects, not inspiring them to a revolt that will ultimately fail. While Kurland does not support the war or the annexation of Bohemia, we also do not support further, pointless violence in the region. Use your sense, Governor."

-Duke Alaric

After the atrocities committed by the Nordics in their unprovoked and forceful takeover of Bohemia, did they honestly believe rebellion would not be on the lips of their victims? It is only natural in a situation such as this, and is to be expected. Why must the leadership of the world criticize the leader of an oppressed nation for speaking common public opinion? It is, or was, his job to speak for the people. He's doing just that, and without an organization of rebel troops or plots of rebellion, I fail to see any belligerence here.

On another note, what do the Nordics have to fear? They've already massacred tens of thousands and forced an innocent victimized nation to submit to them. Does the tiger have no teeth, or is he just paranoid?

Edited by Domingo the Honored

Any nation reserves the right to defend its sovereign borders against secession so long as mass deliberate targeting of civilians is not done. Speaking about these tens of thousands massacred, they were soldiers. That is called a successful military operation. As far as I am aware, neither side to this point has claimed the mass death of civilians, only of lawful uniformed combatants. I have seen no evidence that in the conduct of its operations, the Dalmatians have been anything other than professional.

Further, when the sovereign government of Bohemia surrendered to Dalmatia, it accepted that it was now part of Dalmatia and its annexation became legitimate. Future attempts at rebellion are secession and no state as far as I am aware recognizes a universal right to secede.

Lastly, neither Bohemia nor Germany denied the charges that Bohemia had conspired in invading Dalmatia until after it was commented upon as a reason for UFE support to Dalmatia. In other words when it became blatantly obvious and convenient to do so. This suggests to me that any denial would then require considerably more evidence than if a passionate defense had been made in the first few statements. If one considers the evidence for the case at hand, as Bohemia was a weak country, Dalmatia's border defenses would be weakest there. Germany was already at war with Austria (a TSI member), as well as the UFE and Athens with whom Dalmatia holds a MADP. Many analysts saw Dalmatia's entry on behalf of her allies as inevitable during the war against Germany and likely would have happened had Haas not faced rebellion from within.

With these factors at play, as Dalmatia has a large territory and a relatively small (though very qualitatively powerful army) a surprise attack through a friendly client states territory against Dalmatia's weakest point is the logical strategy to secure the defense of a potential third front.

In this context I find myself puzzled by Bohemia's behavior. Either the leader of Bohemia is a complete fool, which I certainly hope is not the case, OR he was in fact complicit in this whole affair.

IF there is evidence to the contrary I would very much like to see it.

-August Imperator Yuan Jia

OOC: :rolleyes: Newspaper, not argument fun time

IC: I would just like to state that Bohemia never had the intention of invading Dalmatia, simply because we do not have the military power to do so, we had nothing to gain from such an attack, and we Bohemians would not dare dream of an invasion of the country which [u]gave[/u] us independence. Such an attack would be shameful, immoral, and dishonorable. Plus Germany was our Allie but we never allowed it or never would allow it to attack through Bohemia at our motherland. It was just a simple excuse to use Germany to invade Bohemia.