Apparently, it's bad to SLAP people

Banned

It was September 11th of 2009 when the SLAP forums went live, only 24 hours before publicly announcing our existence and moving members over from The Black Hand.

Over a year and a half later, after announcing our existence in the cyberverse, and after a great run, I'm here to say that the government of the Sovereign League of Armed Powers, due to external interference, has written and closed the final chapter of our proud existence on Planet Bob.

Most of you have probably never heard of us, just another micro-alliance that rarely stirred up anything globally. I'd like to say that those who knew us rarely have neutral feelings, but either loved us or hated us.

That being said, today we open a new chapter for The Prolific Empire as our member base will be slowly moving over to join the ranks of their elite membership. We are proud of this choice. Despite the decision to close the story of SLAP history, we have been close with TPE for a long time, and have long considered The Prolific Empire an ally that we would gladly war alongside regardless of circumstances. We now become even closer with our brothers-in-arms as we join under a single flag, and hold true to our shared moral values of friendship, loyalty, and justice. Today, SLAP nukes are all having their stickers changed to say "Deliver to (Insert Name of Whoever TPE might be at war with) courtesy of The Prolific Empire. No sendsy backsies. This message will self-destruct."

I guess I'll be the first to say it here. Farewell Sovereign League of Armed Powers. Hail the new and (hopefully) improved TPE!

[quote name='Homeboy' timestamp='1303670164' post='2698597']
Sad to see you go o/ SLAP

TPE will Protect the AA for 60 days !
[/quote]

You might want to post a flag and some gov signatures ;)

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1303677642' post='2698671']
Shut down due to "external interference". Interesting.
[/quote]

Hmmm... yeah, I thought I got rid of that part. I was gonna use it, but my logging system on IRC is all messed up, and the logs it was going to go with would have been really cool, but alas, the person I needed to find just wasn't available quick enough. There was no actual outside interference, I just failed to make the necessary edits when I realized the logs wouldn't be available.

Best of luck to you all!

[quote name='Timeline' timestamp='1303836416' post='2699805']
I will say I am sad to see SLAP fall apart, but joining TPF is a good fit for you guys, seem you are protected by ODN yet again :P
[/quote]
You got it wrong, ODN is protected by TPE. :D