The United States of The Islands - For Honor

PresidentDavid

[b]In Douglas, The Capital of The United States of The Islands[/b]

President David Anthony O'Reilly patted his best friend and Vice President on the back. Áine and Badb were in two light blue dresses to match their hair. Their spirits could always come back to Earth, but David and Robert knew they didn't have much time left - at least on this planet. The nuclear missiles from Maine would arrive very soon. David looked at Robert McNeil, "Ready old friend?" David patted Robert on the shoulder, his black sleeve from his suit touching Roberts shoulder before his hand. They were in the Round Room of Orange House when they heard the news. Robert grabbed David's arm and firmly pulled him back, slowly raising his right hand to his forehead, "It has been an [i]honor[/i] serving on your behalf David. I would have chosen no other path in life." Two tears, one slowly drifting down Robert's right cheek and then his left, dried into his color while David raised his right hand to his own forehead, "It has been an honor serving beside such a loyal and honorable friend. I would hope that the world will have more great men like you.... Now come on Robert, we have a country to serve."

David walked out of the front door of the Orange House holding Áine's hand while Robert was holding Badb's. Badb had always pretended to dislike Robert but it was only because she found the young Vice President adorable. He knew that - but he was always to afraid to admit it. Their brilliant blue hair fluttered in the wind while David and Robert's combed blond hair stayed stiff. David stoop up to the podium, fighting back tears. Everyone had their eyes on the two young girls next to them,

"Hello everyone. This will be the last time I address you as your sworn leader... I come before you today with Ms. Áine and Ms. Badb. You all know the legends and you all know who they are. Two goddesses of Ireland that belong to an ancient cycle of twins. They are the current cycle and I am proud to have them with me here today." Áine embraced David in a hug, burying her face into his red tie. The sky was blue with a few clouds, David looked up and closed his eyes for a few moments and then continued. "In about ten minutes this nation will no longer exist. The eighty thousand people here will be in the hands of our Lord... I am the first and last leader of this nation... I was elected twice and was planning to not run again after this term but I now see I will not live to see it end.
I understand that many of you are scared, but I know that the Lord will be with each and all of us. 'Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.'"
David looked at the United States flag that was at half staff to honor the former Kingdom of Ireland... He left the podium, cameras still following, and untied the ropes at the bottom of the pole. He pulled on the rope and pulled it up to full mast where the flag could proudly fly at full force. He then returned to the podium, "Thank you all for standing by me this entire time. It was an absolute privilege to serve you as a leader, an absolute privilege."

A few Boy Scouts in front of the large crowd stepped forward - all seven of them being no older then five themselves. It was hard to tell if they completely comprehended what was going on - that being they didn't have much longer to live. But they could see that everyone around them needed comfort, many people were crying - even their scout master who was hugging his twelve year old daughter. The oldest Boy Scout, the one in the middle, softly began to hum the Islands's [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcZB-xx31c"]National Theme[/url]. The other four quickly followed in their direction. The scout master and his daughter then joined in, followed by the rest of the crowd. With it being on TV, crowds in New Dublin began to hum it as well. A young lady in the crowd pulled out a flute until nearly every single person on that small rock that had such a loud voice in the world was humming.

David stepped up to the podium, "As a final word I have one last thing to say. I have been in love with my Chief Diplomat, Susan O'Neil, for a long time. Susan, if you are watching from England, I love you. I love you with all my heart." David clenched the wedding wring in his right pocket he was going to present to her when she returned home. Tears filled his eyes and the salty water slowly dripped down the white flesh of his cheeks. He joined in the humming of the final few moments of his life. "Lord, please except these souls into heaven; I give you my word they are the greatest people on this planet, I only hope I can even get as close to You as they will. In the name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit... Amen."

OOC: In tears as I type this... I am so sorry David.
IC: In the Free City of Torun, Wails of great mourning and agony rose to the heavens at the news of the demise of the great nation of the United States of the Islands. At the National Cathedral of St. Stanislaus of Szczpanow Orlik Wojtyla placed a single red rose upon the altar and falling to his knees wept for the death of a nation.

[b]Announcement from Monaco-Valencia [/b]
[b]
[/b]
As USI formed from a former Monaco protectorate, all their lands will revert back to our control. As of now we will be sending teams to clean up the Island and bring it back to normality.

*Classified*

One thousand troops wearing HAZMAT suits were sent to USI to find out the exact damage to the Island after which control measures would be taken.

Public:
By Order of Orlik Wojtyla, 15,000 Hazmat and Radiation proof suit equipped troops have been ordered to deploy for humanitarian reasons to the former USI. Their goal is simple. To secure a plot of land and to erect a memorial to President David Anthony O'Reilly and to all those whose lives were lost.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1303629576' post='2698334']
Public:
By Order of Orlik Wojtyla, 15,000 Hazmat and Radiation proof suit equipped troops have been ordered to deploy for humanitarian reasons to the former USI. Their goal is simple. To secure a plot of land and to erect a memorial to President David Anthony O'Reilly and to all those whose lives were lost.
[/quote]

[b]Announcement from Monaco-Valencia [/b]
[b]
[/b]
Your troops do not have permission to enter into our protectorate, please stop and return to your place of origin.

OOC: keshav, if the nuclear attacks go through please give me permission to do cleanup and retrieve the personnel in the Barra Island where I had been RPing construction of a base. I suppose some of my ships would be lost too.

IC:

As the nuclear missiles were on their way to the USI, the work on the Fort Anchengo halted as the warning announcements blared out from megaphones. The engineer soldiers of the Corps of Engineers are the hidden and unsung warriors of all the wars of Cochin. Though they do not engage in frontal combat their efforts in the frontline, under hostile fire has enabled the military victories of Cochin. With a tradition of working on, soldiering on in their jobs even if their colleagues and comrades get shot down, to keep working on without being able to fire back, such are the traditions of the Corps of Engineers, traditions which the combat warriors of Cochin have always saluted.

However this is one war where the men and women of Corps of Engineers are in the frontline. Yet again they have no alternative other than meet certain death with a stoicness which will make the ancient warriors of Thermopylae proud.

Even as the King of Cochin, His Highness Kerala Varma watched the trajectories of approaching missiles in the bunnkerized Palace Command Center beneath Hill Palace, he made a silent vow that this will not go unavenged.

[b]Official Statement from the UK[/b]

In the early afternoon, radar in Svalbard picked up several ICBM's cruising into Europe. Missile defences across the British Isles and Ireland tried but failed to stop said missiles.

The United Kingdom will do everything in its power for the people of the United States of the Islands.

With permission from the USI, the UK would like to begin rapid deployment operations with search and rescue teams aswell as flying in vital humanitarian supplies.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[b]In Douglas, You Know That Place That They Missed[/b]

President David and everyone there stood silently, everyone looking to the sky. After about thirty seconds it became awkward and Vice President Robert elbowed David, "Shouldn't we be ash by now?" David shrugged and nervously watched the clouds. Everyone for 150 yards jumped when they heard David's iPhone start to wring. Could it be Susan? Did she hear what he said? David fumbled through his suit pocket and answer, "He- hello?" it was silent for a few moments and then he heard a man's voice, "Hey Mr. President.. It's Arnold from the Early Warning System.. Uh we made a little snafu..." David scratched his head, "What?"

Arnold was in a sound proof room in the EWS because in the control room hundreds of people were cheering. "All but one of the Nuclear Weapons were destroyed and that one just hit in the Western Isles on a tiny fishing village - I guess the idiots didn't know their geography. He knew? Anyway we aren't all going to die in a flaming inferno of radiation, fire, and death. So uh, yeah... Sorry Mr. President." David hung up his phone and looked at the terrified crowd. He straitened his tie and then spoke into the microphone, "Everyone we aren't going to die, the boys in North America saved our lives." The crowd roared in cheer, Áine grabbed her sister by the shoulders and gave her a big kiss on the lips and they both hugged. Robert slapped David on the back, "It's an honor to serve you sir."

[b]Official Announcement To The World[/b]

"As you may know, the United States of The Islands was not destroyed. So, I am happy to say that we still are here and are open for buisness. I have on radar masses of troops from around the world heading towards my location. Well as we speak the entire air force of my country is getting in the air. I don't care who you are or where you are from - if you enter United States airspace without permission you will be annihilated. I, and The King of Cochin, will see to it. God bless The Islands."

[b]Classified But Can Be Viewed By Satellite [/b]

All fifty fighters, which are mainly comprised of F-15s, launched into the air around the United States and some parts of the Western Isles. With only about 2,000 casualties (because the entire village was destroyed in the Western Isles)things were looking much better. The National Guard was put on Code Black and on High Alert and the entire ground force was mobilized. The Defcon Level was changed to two and everyone was ready to fight if necessary.
[b]
Private To Monaco[/b]

The United States is a sovereign and Independent nation. We thank you for watching out for us but any attempt on our sovereignty will be an end to our friendship. We suggest you turn your transports around.

Edited by PresidentDavid

The King of Cochin expresses his relief that the United States of the Islands was spared the nuclear horror and reaffirms the Kingdom's full support to the USI. The first Global Strike Force, GSF101 has been ordered into immediate deployment to United States of the Islands in the hope that they would be given a base of operations until the Forward Air Base at Barra is completed.

The Kingdom stands resolutely with the United States of the Islands.

RAF Aldergrove in Northern Ireland buzzed with activity as veterans of the London bombings and the Anglo-Wales border nuclear attacks boarded helicopters to the Isle of Lewis to begin intial search and rescue operations. First Company of the Second Batallion Irish Guards Army Air Regiment, a number of two hundred men boarded their helicopters and made their way to Isle of Lewis, their weaponry would be left in Ireland, but they were donned with full radiological protection suits.

Spreading out in Platoon strength, the Company moved through the ruins of Stornoway. They knew if there were any survivors the chances of them surviving the next twenty four hours were low. Blackhawk helicopters hovered over the village using their searchlights to look down to find anybody. The job was made alot harder because search dogs couldnt be brought due to the radiation.

All bodies that were found were loaded onto helicopters and flown back to RAF Aldergrove to be held in containment and made ready for repatriation back to the USI for a proper burial.

OOC

Got permission from Dave.

The Kingdom of Cochin has dispatched emergency radiation clean up teams to Stornoway to assist the United States of the Island. This would be apart from the NBC defense units already aboard the Royal Cochin Naval ships which are currently surged out into North Atlantic Ocean.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1303697367' post='2698917']
[b]Private To Cochin[/b]

You have been cleared to come to the Western Isles and The Island itself. We have room for GSF101 in New Dublin - thanks for the help. You have proved to be more then a worthy ally.
[/quote]

The GSF101 would land at New Dublin and as the adhoc command staff readied their Command Center and liaison with Fort Anchengo the first Combat Air Patrol was launched in the form of 4 Jadayu Mark. 2 and a HALOB AWACS to support them. After unloading itself of the Command and Control equipments, the two GN225s would fly back towards Diego Garcia to complete the logistical buildup that would ensure that the GSF101 would have the full range of combat options. Apart from the integral GN225s a whole regiment of Halob transports, the HB42 regiment, have been assigned temporarily to the GSF101.

MoG[Corp]'s [i]MNV Harvester of Disaster[/i] has been sent towards United States of the Islands, MoG[TV] showed images of the ship being loaded with food, anti radiological medical supplies, and portable desalination equipment.