My Fellow Pacificans

Ardus

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303534093' post='2697450']
The only possible way a Pacifican could have written this is if they were one of our non-leadership nutjobs who sit in the corner and rant about how they hate the world. And any of them would have gone through the trouble of posting it to our BR first. So, no, it isn't really NPO's work.
[/quote]

Not to state the obvious, but it's not your prerogative to be honest if this is NPO commissioned. It looks real, if incredibly delusional and again, past leaks from NPO that were legitimate were delusional and inaccurate as well, so this isn't out of character. I can't imagine anyone having the patience, or skill, to fake this like that. It's too sincere.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303534410' post='2697458']
lol, Invicta on Red Senate. You are very very funny.
[/quote]
Actually I've felt kind of bad that we haven't rotated any, but now that I know of NPO's treachery we shall never relinquish our seat!

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1303534516' post='2697461']
Not to state the obvious, but it's not your prerogative to be honest if this is NPO commissioned. It looks real, if incredibly delusional and again, past leaks from NPO that were legitimate were delusional and inaccurate as well, so this isn't out of character. I can't imagine anyone having the patience, or skill, to fake this like that. It's too sincere.
[/quote]
Clearly it's been too long since you read a /b/ or GOONS suicide thread. Just last month a 2-3 page Unjust War Era PopeHope scat-fic was posted on ODN's forum.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1303534614' post='2697467']
Xiphosis you suffer from 2008 syndrome. You clearly do not know who we are. But then you haven't talked to us so I guess you get to stay stuck in that time period :)
[/quote]

Your embassy on our board has the [s]third[/s] fifth most posts of any embassy anyone has with us, a good deal of it Cortath, Letum and AngelRick, but I've come to expect inaccuracy from NPO opinions.

Edited by Xiphosis

Damn, that was long.

Dunno anybody in the Order with the time, the energy, or the knowledge of all the political stuff that happens to write something like this.

@Ardus, perhaps you're suffering from confirmation bias? Any information that seems like it might confirm your views on NPO you'll accept and regard as true regardless of whether it's true or not.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1303534894' post='2697473']
And now NPO is using this thread to provoke Xiphosis. It just keeps getting truer and truer.
[/quote]
Anyone want to take bets on who's going to ask the other to disband first?

Edit: Grammar :gag:

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[/quote]

No doubt whoever wrote this was sincere (if they are Pacifican); but they are a very old member who has not evolved with the times. If they are not now Pacifican nor ever have been, they are still a very old player of this game. The other alternative is that someone knows a very old player of this game who either is or was in NPO.

No one in their right mind would consider writing something that long for the Body Republic, which is the obvious intended audience.

Those of you who are are stuck in the past and your hatred of NPO will choose to believe this was written by someone in our gov and accurately represents our beliefs and attitudes. Those who actually have a clue as to what we are about these days will see it for what it is, words that in no way reflects the current attitudes held by the government and majority of the membership.

And Schatt, we'll get right on that when you send your massive aidfall. :P

[size="1"]Edited by Seth, therapist[/size]

I disagree Xiph, on the basis that it is[i] way[/i] too far over the top.

Also, I think whoever wrote it went a bit overboard trying to draw a parallel to the "NPO won GW1!" thing.

Edited by Aurion

Even if this is false, it still manages to capture the hubris NPO holds quite well.

Whoever the hell decided to write an entire section dedicated to NSO, who fought harder, and inflicted more damage, than literally anyone on the coalition of derp's side either has no sense of reality on the side of DH, or no sense of shame on the side of NPO. Either way, expected.

Thank goodness I'm out of this mess.

[/quote]

It's not the inaccuracy or the delusional aspects of it that's the issue. It's simply so far out there from our normal modus operandi. This level of FA planning and conjecture would never be discussed out in a WoT like this. Any allied flaws would be glossed over instead of being bashed. The various opinions being expressed on enemy and neutral alliances are far too removed from any of the official lines.

A large post is intended to galvanize a population and bring them more in line with a specific post. This does neither - most of the post is devoted to random attacks. The only thing this would accomplish in our BR is confusion, questioning our allies, and a hatefest on everyone (including each other). It doesn't make sense for us to put something like this forth.

And this is coming from someone who has no issue taking large bits of [ooc] Nazi propaganda[/ooc], and just switching the names around to make people more incensed. I'd have no issue being honest about anything that's been posted in our forums.

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that this garbage was probably written by someone in MK/GOONS with waaaaaay too much time on their hands, or the fact that certain people in this thread are defending with great effort the idea that this is some official position held by Pacifica.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303532001' post='2697391']
[b]I could have written a wall of text that is ten times better in half the time.[/b]

Whoever did this needs to be fired.

edit: This isn't real, btw.
[/quote]

It was pretty low quality, I mean hell, I'm not that great of a writer but it looks like MK enslaved one of their third graders in a detention room (looks HoT worthy) to write some horribly propagandized nonsense about the 'ebil NPO.'

I was expecting more from you MK, I mean really, after reading the first few sentences I went from a 'slight/minor' questioning of NPO (was only trying to keep an open mind too) to a "wow, this was as saddening as MK calling TOP in to fight Legion." :v:

At least provide me with effort filled attempts rather then half wit trash.