Hey Mushqaeda, where's the Jihad?

LeonidasRexII

More than two weeks ago Mushqaeda proclaimed to the world a Fatwa (for those with A LOT of time on their hands here's a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100703&view=findpost&p=2685499"]link[/url]) upon The Legion and the head of yours truly. I expected a mighty torrent of fungi to come pouring from Castle Hall only to be met with a whimper. Since the Royal High Poobah of all Mushqaeda made his pronouncement a grand total of 5 offensive wars have been prosecuted by MK. One of those was from a former NSO member named [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=312055"]Bretagne[/url] (conscript?, spy?, other?) so really MK has managed 4 offensive wars in two weeks time vs. The Legion.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=The%20Legion&anyallexact=exact"]Legion Wars[/url]

Are any of those even from the Muslams that Timur (he calls himself tamerlane but I think Timid Timur fits him better) proclaimed would decimate all that The Legion holds dear? While I don't know a Muslam from a Kommunist it doesn't look like any of the offensive minded shrooms are followers of Timur.

For that matter where is the mighty Shroom War Machine? A quick check of those fighting shows 56% of Shrooms are active compared to just over 50% of Legionnaires. How many times did I see shrooms blast us for being cowards just for going into Peace Mode during the early parts of the war? We're cowards and MK only has 6% more battle activity? Next time you want to complain about cowardice Shrooms get a mirror.

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1303520627' post='2697251']
Whats your point,you're complaining other people are annihilating you while MK is less active in pursuing your destruction?
You're still bad.
[/quote]

My point being that MK has been trumpeting their claim that we're so terrible that we need to be destroyed, but when it comes right down to it they'd rather let their friends do their fighting for them. C&G, and GOONs have been manning up and laying into us for a couple of months now with TOP joining in the fun just recently, but our loudest critics have been the quietest fighters. MK loves to call alliances cowards, terrible, and WAEs among other choice names, but apparently they can't back up all that bravado.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1303522954' post='2697293']
My point being that MK has been trumpeting their claim that we're so terrible that we need to be destroyed, but when it comes right down to it they'd rather let their friends do their fighting for them. C&G, and GOONs have been manning up and laying into us for a couple of months now with TOP joining in the fun just recently, but our loudest critics have been the quietest fighters. MK loves to call alliances cowards, terrible, and WAEs among other choice names, but apparently they can't back up all that bravado.
[/quote]
Just because our focus is elsewhere doesn't make anything we say about you untrue.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1303511392' post='2697090']
This was not a very well crafted OP.

A quick check of those fighting shows 56% of Shrooms are active compared to just over 50% of Legionnaires.

You are an embarrassment.
[/quote]

Apparently 6% is a huge number these days.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1303538442' post='2697537']
Apparently 6% is a huge number these days.
[/quote]
It'd probably be higher, but unfortunately MK can't plump out with >1k ns wars like Legion can. And even if the could they'd still be in GOONS territory, and stealing our targets isn't very cricket.

So we've gone from using Peace Mode % to Alliance Activity % to judge an alliance's ability to fight a war? I'm fairly sure a nation in peace mode for as long as this has been going on would show up as being active for at least 10 of every 35 days, despite having no capacity to fight.

not trying to wind anyone up here and turn this into a train wreck since i see you've got about 1 in every 2 of your nations under 20k out there in the Daaaannger Zoonne but...not much else above that.

if you want the Jihad so badly, i recommend you make it possible first. otherwise, you're pissing in the wind, in my humble opinion.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1303575497' post='2697783']
So we've gone from using Peace Mode % to Alliance Activity % to judge an alliance's ability to fight a war? I'm fairly sure a nation in peace mode for as long as this has been going on would show up as being active for at least 10 of every 35 days, despite having no capacity to fight.

not trying to wind anyone up here and turn this into a train wreck since i see you've got about 1 in every 2 of your nations under 20k out there in the Daaaannger Zoonne but...not much else above that.

if you want the Jihad so badly, i recommend you make it possible first. otherwise, you're pissing in the wind, in my humble opinion.
[/quote]

I'm not questioning MK's ability to fight war. The three shrooms I'm fighting now are all very capable (you're welcome Gairyuki). Two of them coordinate as if they're the same person, and the third seems to know exactly when I'm watching my nation and when I'm not and then annoyingly hits me right when my attention is averted.

The point that I'm trying to get across is that MK isn't putting their money where there mouth is. They called both The Legion and myself out and they haven't followed up except to call in their friends. As for your recommendation of making it possible I don't see a way I could make it any more possible than using all my offensive slots.

Edited by LeonidasRexII

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1303586555' post='2697905']
As for your recommendation of making it possible I don't see a way I could make it any more possible than using all my offensive slots.
[/quote]

Are you just trying to be coy or generally just stupid?

So you vow to make hitting MK a priority. They shrug it off, have their friends counter, and now it makes you so mad you don't know whether to keep hitting MK, or defend yourself from the other fronts hitting you and making you consistently the alliance with most NS loss for how long have you held that distinction? Since you entered the war?

Cry and figure out your OWN losing strategy before criticizing the ways and means of suicidal jihadists.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1303586555' post='2697905']
The point that I'm trying to get across is that MK isn't putting their money where there mouth is. They called both The Legion and myself out and they haven't followed up except to call in their friends. As for your recommendation of making it possible I don't see a way I could make it any more possible than using all my offensive slots.
[/quote]
Because it works better for the war effort, nothing more nothing less.