The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Zoot Zoot

[center][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/zoot_zoot/Union-Jack.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[center][b]Official announcement from Great Britain[/b][/center]

It is with a heavy heart I announce the following things. First of all, the Commonwealth no longer exists. Our allys in Maine are strong people, yet they are threatened with war through our act of Union from American rebels. To avoid bloodshed, Great Britain has taken it apon itself to leave the Commonwealth. President Pegg has been informed prior to this announcement. Great Britain will however, be continuing its strong allegience with the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maine and will continue to support them and fulfill treaty obligations. Fort Thirteen in Maine, will remain, as will its garrison until the SAS threat has been retracted or has been removed. When removed/retracted, the garrison will be reduced to one regiment and a minimal air presence.

Now the second announcement.

In the former territories of Scotland, Wales and Ireland, British military forces have re-established food, water and electricity to the population aswell as helping form up provisional regional Parliaments. During a plebiscite all three regions willingly voted to remain as part of Great Britain.
However, whilst these provisonal Governments have voted to join with Great Britain, resistance can still be found in the southern counties, we are doing everything we can to disarm the rebels including offering them full pardons in exchange for disarming.

The former King of Ireland, Richard Dinsmore is being held in His Majesties Prison Strangeways, Manchester to await trial for war crimes against Coaltion forces in the first British civil war.

Mr Dinsmore will be held accountable for the usage of multiple nuclear weapons against civilian centers, mainly London, Cardif and Bristol, however, towns right along the border with Wales were wiped out in his actions. He will be charged for warcrimes, genocide and crimes against humanity.

The Irish and Scottish airforces will be sold off and the Irish Navy will be scrapped. All nuclear weapons possessed by Scotland and Ireland have been confiscated and taken to Porton Down for the purposes of being dismantled and placed into storage...in pieces.

Finally, in light of recent developments, Great Britain is to return to the ancestoral name of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Signed
Alfred I
King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Edited by Zoot Zoot

"The Athenian Federation, part of the coalition at the time, would like to request King Dinsmore to be tried for his crimes but if proven guilty exiled rather than imprisoned. There is no need to try a man for what he did as a leader and losing his country, in our opinion, is enough of a punishment already."

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1303480148' post='2696516']
"The Athenian Federation, part of the coalition at the time, would like to request King Dinsmore to be tried for his crimes but if proven guilty exiled rather than imprisoned. There is no need to try a man for what he did as a leader and losing his country, in our opinion, is enough of a punishment already."
[/quote]

He will stand trial infront a panel of English, Athenian and German magistrates to determine his fate. He shall recieve a fair trial for his crimes.
More information will be released when the situation in the British Isles has returned to normality and a trial can begin.

Nicholas Naylor, prominent private attorney in the Empire, would like to represent King Dinsmore before this panel. He has presided over many famous cases inside the Empire, both as a prosecutor and as defense. The hope is that with a vigorous defense, King Dinsmore can receive the fairest trial possible.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1303480768' post='2696525']
He will stand trial infront a panel of English, Athenian and German magistrates to determine his fate. He shall recieve a fair trial for his crimes.
More information will be released when the situation in the British Isles has returned to normality and a trial can begin.
[/quote]

"Very well, we propose this trial shall be held on neutral ground in Paris"

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1303487272' post='2696632']
Nicholas Naylor, prominent private attorney in the Empire, would like to represent King Dinsmore before this panel. He has presided over many famous cases inside the Empire, both as a prosecutor and as defense. The hope is that with a vigorous defense, King Dinsmore can receive the fairest trial possible.
[/quote]

Mr Naylor is premitted to represent Mr Dinsmore in court. There shall be legal represents from Athens, the UK and Germany a Judge of neutral standing to this conflict. We will be contacting legal representatives from the international community over the coming weeks.

The UK also accepts Paris as a neutral location for the trial to be heard.

"Where these discussions of the capture of Robert Dinsmore are occurring seems rather ludicrous to me as from what Austrian Intelligence has reported, the former King of Ireland was in Vienna with Her Majesty, Maria Magdalena for a conversation about the future of Zurich and the United Kingdom before the unfortunate breakup of the country. That said, in accordance with proper legal stand point, Austria sees no problem in Great Britain's desire to see a trail take place. But if this intelligence is correct and we do believe it is, Herr Dinsmore should and will stand trial in Vienna for any crimes against humanity that he is guilty or not guilty of. Given our recent withdraw of many of Europe's treaties as well as not having a stance during the English-United Kingdom Conflict, we feel as Vienna will be a near perfect place for this trial to be held, along with an Austrian judge. We hope the European and International Community will agree to this."

-Chancellor Bridgette Saenger of Her Imperial Majesty's Government

OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101060

^Said evidence.

[quote]To: The Austrian Department of Justice
From: Caterina Fabrini, Magistrate of Justice of the Athenian Federation

Dear sir/ma'am,

We have recently been informed that you hold a fugitive within your nation, for his crimes committed against coalition forces in the brief Coalition-Ireland war we would like to officially request the extradition of former King Dinsmore. While we understand your concerns for justice and his safety we can guarantee a fair trial will be held in Athens. The death penalty is not an option within our system and neither is cruel treatment of a prisoner. We hope this will be sufficient and thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Caterina Fabrini[/quote]

[quote]
[b]TO: Caterina Fabrini, Magistrate of Justice of the Athenian Federation
From: Bridgette Saenger, Chancellor of Her Imperial Majesty's Government[/b]

[i]Madam,

As it appears that this issue is much more centered around Germany, Athens, and England, Austria has no problem and acquiesces on our original claim to hold the trial in Vienna. King Dinsmore will be taken to Paris as, I have seen from earlier proceedings that the plan was for the trial to be held there anyways. After extradition, Austria, will graciously remove herself from these hearings as we have no part in them. I wish you the best in up holding peace and justice on the European continent.

Sincerely,

Bridgette Saenger[/i]
[/quote]

Afterward, Dinsmore would be relocated to Paris and placed into the hands of the English, Germans, and Athenians to do of what they wished.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1303577678' post='2697815']
Mr. Naylor arrived in Paris to meet with his client to begin formulating a defense immediately.

OOC: If anyone could link me the Coalition-England war thread, I'd be much appreciative.
[/quote]

OOC

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93115&st=120
First Link is OP 1066 when Ireland commited warcrimes against JED by mercilessly slaughtering his armies/navy when they were surrendering/retreating.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94077&st=0&p=2497689&fromsearch=1&#entry2497689

Second link is the war against Ireland.

Also, assume I have got his top ranking commanders in my custody in Ireland.

[quote name='Pravus Ingruo' timestamp='1303577678' post='2697815']
Mr. Naylor arrived in Paris to meet with his client to begin formulating a defense immediately.

OOC: If anyone could link me the Coalition-England war thread, I'd be much appreciative.
[/quote]

Mr. Naylor would be granted free and full access to his client, surveillance systems would be deactivated during meetings.