The treaty of Zurich III

Zoot Zoot

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pondering for a little on the side, the delegation talks in hushed tone to one another. The main representative stands, like he does every time he talks.

"We still see nothing that has been enabled us to change our minds. We simply cannot trust the Slavorussians, until they at least attempt to make up for the cowardice, as we see it no matter what others think, they had in the UK. Being overpowered is not something two nations of equal size can do. You had a say, and you could have raised your voice at any time. Yet, you didn't.

Why, exactly, for what reason should we change our minds and attempt to give you trust when you can't stand up for yourselves and have a say? If you can't even do that, then we don't see how you could possibly, [i]in the least[/i], be an asset to Zurich. Instead, we see it as a liability to have a Half-Euro, Half-Asian nation who can't even stand up for themselves in the bloc."

Edited by Ezequiel

"Slavorussia observation membership 4:5 votes yes 1:5 votes no, ongoing
European citizenship program 4:5 votes yes
Intel article Amendment 4:5 votes yes

With the majority votes yes for the Intelligence Article ammendment and the European Citizenship Program, they have been passed into the Zurich Charter.
If the wording of said ammendment/addition is wrong or could be worded better to easier convay the Article, please put forward your opinon"

"With their current government, we do not see how anything would change and/or be prevented. However, if we get a letter from the Slavorussian government with signatures, agreeing they shall honor this pact to the fullest extent, and be accounted if they fall through, then and only then, shall we change our vote in favor of Slavorussia. We don't see this as much to ask."

Edited by Ezequiel

"Wait so, you want a signed agreement ensuring they honour the treaty? Isnt that what each of your signatures is on the bottom of the charter sir? They want observation status for the time being, NOT full membership, as an observer they do not have the benefit of Zurich protection, nor do they have a say in Zurich policy making."

OOC

Dude, Observer status means all they can do is watch and offer opinions. They CANNOT vote, they CANNOT be defended by Zurich and they are certainly not obliged to uphold ANY of the articles. $%&@ man, it is not that hard to understand, your just making your character look deliberately stupid now.

ICly.

"Are you serious? as an observer Zurich isnt obliged to help them in anyway, and also as an Observer, Slavorussia is not obliged to help Zurich in any way what so ever. There actions whilst observing? what actions you fool? As an observer they CANNOT commit an action under the Zurich banner"

Andrew was visibly furious with how !@#$@#$ stupid the Livonians were being.

OOC: I know this, but Justin hasn't made good decisions, considering how he borders Livonia.

"We recommend that England refrains from insulting their Allie. We vote yes, to Slavorussia's observations status." He states, angered at the English comments. The comments from the English were noted.

Edited by Ezequiel

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1304464122' post='2705545']
OOC: I know this, but Justin hasn't made good decisions, considering how he borders Livonia.

"We recommend that England refrains from insulting their Allie. We vote yes, to Slavorussia's observations status." He states, angered at the English comments. The comments from the English were noted.
[/quote]

"If I feel somebody is being foolish and talking nonsense then I will tell them so.

On another note, Slavorussia is hereby granted member status"

"Please remain civil. Another debacle as seen with the old UK would greatly weaken our resolve."

[quote]Why, exactly, for what reason should we change our minds and attempt to give you trust when you can't stand up for yourselves and have a say? If you can't even do that, then we don't see how you could possibly, in the least, be an asset to Zurich. Instead, we see it as a liability to have a Half-Euro, Half-Asian nation who can't even stand up for themselves in the bloc." [/quote]

"Additionally, Slavorussia must be noted to be an European nation. The once-Russian Asian East has not existed as it had for a very long time."

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1304464122' post='2705545']

[/quote]

ooc: My decisions were pretty good actually. Whether you like them or not, whether you understand them or not I don't think you have a right to judge since you were never hurt by them.

ic: "I think our service record speaks for itself. The bodies of young Slavorussian men that now lie buried in Strasburg or the downed fighter planes in the Ottoman Republic, or the sailors that are resting at the bottom of the North Sea, are testament to the commitment we've made to our allies. As to your other comment about raising our voice we are constantly talking, but it's worthless if nobody is listening. Nevertheless tell us what we need to do to prove ourselves again and as long as it is within reason it will be done."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1304465384' post='2705558']
"If I feel somebody is being foolish and talking nonsense then I will tell them so.

On another note, Slavorussia is hereby granted member status"
[/quote]

"Your mean our request for observer status has been approved? This is good news."

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1304488556' post='2705809']
ooc: My decisions were pretty good actually. Whether you like them or not, whether you understand them or not I don't think you have a right to judge since you were never hurt by them.

ic: "I think our service record speaks for itself. The bodies of young Slavorussian men that now lie buried in Strasburg or the downed fighter planes in the Ottoman Republic, or the sailors that are resting at the bottom of the North Sea, are testament to the commitment we've made to our allies. As to your other comment about raising our voice we are constantly talking, but it's worthless if nobody is listening. Nevertheless tell us what we need to do to prove ourselves again and as long as it is within reason it will be done."

"Your mean our request for observer status has been approved? This is good news."
[/quote]

"Of course of course, my apologies"

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1304488556' post='2705809']
[/quote]

OOC: Considering I am your neighbor, and most of my border is with you, my leaders do have a right to judge and worry. For a matter of fact, everyone has a right to judge what ever you do. That's how the world works, we aren't in a communist nation.

IC:

"Be not a liability, but asset."

Edited by Ezequiel

OOC: Ive avoided this drama for long enough...
IC: The Torunian Diplomat stood and smiled, My friends and allies, I know I have not spoken of late in these proceedings regarding the observation status of the Slavorussians. However, I will say this. Slavorussia deserves to be an observer to these accords, they are a long time ally of the German Federation and the bonds of friendship have recently just been renewed. In Torun's opinion, Would Germany do something that could bring harm to itself or by extension its blood brother Torun; We think not. We as an organization should grant them the courtesy of being an Observer State and that is our speech on the matter.

Susan watched while the men bickered back and forth and looked at her watch and stood amongst the fighting. "Well gentlemen, I have been here for one week and have made my decision. I think this is a wonderful organization with much potential and opportunity however I must decline your offer to become a full member. The United States pulls it's position as observer from the Zurich Treaty Organization." Susan packed her things, said her goodbyes, and headed back to the United States to take her vacation with David.

“I wish to bring to this council‘s attention, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101627&pid=2707325&st=0&#entry2707325"]Sweden‘s invasion of Finland[/url]. This attack has been sudden and without provocation. Despite drawbacks Finland remains peaceful and stable and poses absolutely no threat to anyone. The only conclusion we can find for this brash action is that it was either a mistake or a deliberate act of war with the purpose of conquering Finland. As the protectors of the Finnish people we ask, if it is the latter, that collective body of Zurich mediate and end to this conflict.”

"This is, indeed, a clear expansionist move by Sweden and Torun. Torun is simply overcrowded, it needs more breathing room, Sweden in the other hand, well.."

"To be quite fair there is a large portion of Swedes there in Finland. Because of this fact, I propose the following territorial concession - I propose the handling of the designated coastal territory to Torun and Sweden for them to then split as they may feel like, no doubt Sweden keeping the areas with vast amounts of Swedish speakers."

[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii29/voxpopuli_album/proposed.png[/img]

"That is the best that we can do at this point. We remind Sweden and Torun that if Russia itself were to be invaded, we would be on their side. At the same time, if either side engaged on deliberate attacks against civilian casualties, as the old UK had done for example, we too might be forced to reconsider. We find that this fight is inappropiate, but if it must be fought, at least let it be fought by soldiers."

The United Kingdom objects to any territorial concession. Sweden has invaded Finland, and thats the bulk of it. Finland is potected by Slavorussia, a friend of the UK and an ally of Germany. Moreover, if Torun is overcrowded then perhaps Germany should allow them more land to grow in.

It is the UK's firm belief that Sweden should retreat to their own borders immediately. Instead of trying for a diplomatic route first in regards to the Finnish/Swede population, the Swediush Government has simply invaded a protected region of a sovereign Nation.

Moreover, if Sweden does not comply with our request to pull back, the UK will be requesting Zurich's members to place full economic sanctions on Sweden aswell as a coalition wide force to [i]make[/i] Sweden return to its borders and ensure Finlands freedom.
We urge the members of this council to see reason and logic, and to back this request with their full support.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[i]To express our opinion, Deutsche-Bohemia never had any relations with the Finnish. Even though that is the case, we do not accept the invasion of the free and independent nation that is Finland. We do however agree that the people of Torun need more land to live in but Sweden does not[/i].

-Johann Merkel, Deutsche-Bohemia diplomat to Zurich

We are not prepared to turn over the entire coast of Finland and the vast majority of its population and industrial base to anyone. The motives for this war do not concern us. All the concerns us now is that Finland be preserved as it is. Neither Sweden nor Torun shall find their “lebensraum” in Finland.

"We find England's attempt to attack their own ally when they are fighting against Finland, a nation that England has no pacts to rather disturbing, it casts a shadow upon English pacts' reliability."

"We will continue on our path of Conditional Neutrality. We will continue to defend Slavorussia, yet not Finland. We will continue to block the baltic both at the Jutland-Norway area as well as the öresund-belt zones. If all of our allies want to fight each other, then we will gladly step in the middle and take some punches ourselves to prevent them from destroying one another."

"Finland may be being invaded, and this is more than questionable. But Swedish-Speaking Finland is being liberated."

"We have no willingness to fight an ally Sir. But this is an act of aggression against an innocent Nation. If we let this invasion continue it sets the standard.

Europe has found itself the position of a peace not seen for over a decade and Swedens land grab is shattering this peace.

If Zurich will not act against this blant act of Imperialism against a Sovereign nation then the UK will issue a warning to Torun and Sweden.

If one, just one Swedish or Polish soldiers trespasses Slavorussian territory, then we will be forced to act, with or without this council.

Sweden voted in Slavorussias favour as did Torun in granting them observer membership, it makes no sense to do that, and then invade.

We have yet to hear a statement from Finland on this unwarranted, illegal and unjustified invasion.

The UK owes Finland it's Independance, as do we to Germany and Slavorussia. Our greatest modern commander is Finnish. We have a blood debt."