The treaty of Zurich III

Zoot Zoot

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew looked around the now more filled up conference room.

"Gentlemen, Ladies, are their any issues you wish to be raised at this time? At the moment after the nuclear attack on Stornoway and the failure of the UK's missile defences to stop the warhead, I believe that the USI should be invited into this alliance will full membership status. Whilst the UK and the USI do not always get along, they are part of the Isles and by proxy, regardless of if they like it, fall under British protection from all aggression.

Moreover, please can the Torun delegate explain why a helicopter was flown from Your city, across Europe and then breached British airspace only to crash in the Irish sea? At the time of the territorial transgression, British airspace and waterways were locked down due to the UK being threatened by American Rebels. I day this quite seriously, but that helicopter ran the risk of being shot down. It was thanks to a very timely message from the USI which prevented this. I do hope the helicopters crew and passengers are safe and well.

Which brings me to the UK's next question.

The SKYNET satellite missile defence network had been tracking American launches. Several of these missiles detonated amongst the Torun task force sent to America. Seismic meters and submarines in the area place the detonations at roughly 200kt each.

My first question is why Torun was deploying a fleet which by it's size could of been carrying between a quarter and a half a million troops and their equipment to a nation under severe nuclear barrage. My second question is what is the status of the fleet you sent and will you need assistance in recovering bodies for expatriation and burial?"

"To Answer your first question about why we"transgressed" your territory and "violated" it, The last time we checked the Free City-State of Torun was just that. A FREE, thusly Sovereign nation. Last time we checked good sir, we needed not your nation's permission to conduct diplomacy with potential allies. Our helicopter was a specific model just testing out for long distance travels. We took off from Torun, landed in Germany to check gauges and fuel levels, then flew into the joint German-Athenian held sections of France refueled therein, then as we approached the English channel we made contact with the United States of the Islands yet another SOVEREIGN nation and we stated to them that we had a malfunction with our fuel systems that came on suddenly and were ditching into the Irish Sea. They promised to send help, which they did in the form of a SAR Coast Guard helicopter and we were rescued and brought to the USI. There was no violation of your skies because you sir do not own all the skies. We were under sovereign right to visit a potential ally and if that does not suffice to quell your temper then I remind you sir that by this very organization we stand in here today that we are allies! yet, you did us a diplomatic disservice by refusing us fuel and safety forcing us to ditch when our helicopter ran into issue. We are allies sir and yet you throw Torun aside!

As to your second question, Torun deployed an armed force in order to go into Maine and hunt down the heartless, cruel, uncouth leadership that remained there. Those feckless scum needed to be brought to justice somehow for their crimes against humanity in North America and the rest of the World. We knew the land to be nuked and irradiated and dangerous and yet no other nation had sent men in to hunt down the leadership, so we took it upon ourselves. (OOC: ignoring the rise of Sargun in this part, take it that my nation considered the rise of Sargun to be after the fact and not tied to the Maine issue, meaning that the leadership was out in the open needing hunting) The diplomat choked up for a second here before making the sign of the Cross. Regrettably, all hands were lost when a friendly missile from a barrage set off a small wall of radioactive water leading to the swamping and loss of all hands. That is all we can release at this time.

Actually, we own the airspace over our land and maritime boundaries. We closed our airspace and maritime boundaries to everybody, even Zurich members. We know you are a free sovereign nation but so are we and you violated the restrictions put in place when Britain was on it's highest state of alert since the first British civil war.

Under normal circumstances, you wouldn't be impeded and this discussion would not be taking place, but at the time, Britain was off limits sir. You have my condolences for the losses.

[b]Douglas[/b]

Susan O'Neil felt David's strong arms rap around around her from behind. They were on David's Island in his small luxury home overlooking the Irish Sea. "Good morning Beautiful.." Susan smiled and rested her head back down on the pillow. David still had the ring with him but didn't know when to give it to her. This was definitely not the time to do so because he had to give her the news, "The British invited us to join Zurich... I wanted to know if maybe you could go to get things started off...?"
Susan had just gotten back from England after finding out that everyone she knew and loved was almost totally annihilated. "David I have enough of the British. They are the opposite of the Irish, you know that very well. Why don't you go to Zurich?" David sighed, he knew this fight would probably go along. He just laid on his back and watched the white fan do it's revolutions, "My helicopter would probably enter British airspace and they would force me to land in the Irish sea." Susan laughed, "After this I want to go on a vacation. Say... Athens?" David smiled, "We'll see."

[b]Zurich, Switzerland[/b]

Susan stood up to the podium and spoke, "Good evening everyone. I would like to thank the British for inviting the United States to Zurich. We are very flattered and will most likely accept however we would like to enter observer status for a week or two to see how things run here and to make sure we want to join. The President sent me here himself to make an official report on the efficiency of how this organization works and if you are all reliable - which I think you all are. So, as of now, the United States wishes to have observer status."

"Ah excellent, thankyou for accepting the Invite Ms. O'Neil. Of course an observer status is fully acceptable and we hope you chose to apply for full membership in the future. What does the rest of this council vote?"

Edited by Zoot Zoot