The Thriller Ends

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1303621054' post='2698255']
Just because you portay yourself as "the home of second chances" doesn't mean that everyone has to follow your mantra. What the group of rogues did was cowardly and payback sucks and since they attacked an alliance because they didn't like the people doesn't recuse you from the same fate should people decide to retaliate against these rogues down the line.

Just because you say so doesn't make it so
[/quote]

You talk about not following a mantra, these people are the very example of not following a mantra, and they did it right. You sir are following a mantra by mouthing off here with the likes of Haf. If people want to give "payback" to those that were a part of Thriller, then do so. If you happen to do so to the people under the Olympus AA, they won't find themselves alone.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303621181' post='2698257']
You can portray yourselves as the home of second chances, but given that you have just welcomed a group of powerful, well-connected rogues with large nations into your ranks, I suspect a different philosophy is in play here.
[/quote]

Its not about "portraying" its about what we've done in the past, present and will continue to do in the future that proves we're the home of second chances. We've given those chances to individuals and entire alliances. If they're so powerful and well-connected, why do they find themselves seeking refuge? If they're so cowardly, why was it that they took on an alliance larger than them? You see Haf, you're wrong, you quite often are.. but with people like you, no one else can ever be right nor can anyone else do right in your mind unless they're doing it your way.

Edited by President S O

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1303626350' post='2698320']
Not sure what all the ruckus is ; this is no different than any other organized raiding. Olympus has taken WickedJ, Londo and some others in after they found themselves without an alliance. Speaking for myself (not the NPO gov), I don't see the problem and I hope this works out for all concerned. Also, Pansy will never overtake my record of being nuked. Never.

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]
[/quote]

Really?

Seriously?

You are attempting to defend what went on here?
If the shoe was on the other foot your ilk would be screaming to the heavens.

[size=1]Hello,nurse[/size]

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1303630442' post='2698340']
Really?

Seriously?

[/quote]
Moo has always been a straight shooter, you cant hate him for that

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1303630442' post='2698340']
Really?

Seriously?

[/quote]

My ilk? Just what is my "ilk"---NPO? baby eater?

And just what is the difference between what you did in your latest war, i.e. no CB, and this action?

And why is a GOON upset at this? Or is it that you are just upset that I did not condemn this action?

[size="1"]Hello back. Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303605050' post='2698081']
Wickedj, I was allied with Ejayrazz. I know Ejayrazz. Ejayrazz is a friend of mine.

Wickedj, you're no Ejay.
[/quote]

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303613676' post='2698161']
Goldie, i dont care who you're related to or who you know. You clearly missed my point so dont hurt yourself on the way out
[/quote]

Don't get your panties in a bunch, its a famous quote. Might want to brush up on your studies a bit slugger. Very ironic of you come back with a "missed the point" line, though.

As for the whole thriller thing, too bad you didn't let Argent kick your face in. It would have amused me.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1303636374' post='2698366']
As for the whole thriller thing, too bad you didn't let Argent kick your face in. It would have amused me.
[/quote]

agree, I would have paid to see that

[/quote]
Kind sir, you had your chance whilst we sat stroking our staches and all you did was whine. You surely still have your chance...

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b263/wickedj8/avatars/2zh0db7e.png[/IMG]

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1303631092' post='2698344']
My ilk? Just what is my "ilk"---NPO? baby eater?

And just what is the difference between what you did in your latest war, i.e. no CB, and this action?

And why is a GOON upset at this? Or is it that you are just upset that I did not condemn this action?

[size="1"]Hello back. Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]
[/quote]

Oh I am not upset at it happening in the least, however giving them a pass and being mad at GOONS is hypocritical, no?

You just asked me how it was different so you must consider it the same.

[size=1]I want a nurse.[/size]

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1303627244' post='2698323']
Its not about "portraying" its about what we've done in the past, present and will continue to do in the future that proves we're the home of second chances. We've given those chances to individuals and entire alliances.
[/quote]
Like who?

Frankly, you've criticized us for actually taking in people who you felt were irredeemable. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that these people in general had small nations.

Ok, everybody using the "penkala" argument is a retard. (penkala argument being that if you have low casualties they count harder than high casualties cause you got more NS to get them)

Second of all, if your nationbuidling sucks so bad that you've NEVER reaced over 8k infra, there is no reason for that (only a few exceptions being alliance leaders who are nukerogued every 4 days)

Third of all, declare on me, idiot stole my nr 1 casualty spot. :(

So did AcTi accept this peace offer or have Olympus just involved themselves in the war by accepting nations still attacking them? And yes, very disappointing to see an alliance giving these clowns a free pass so quickly, but not that surprising ... 500k of aggressive NS is a big prize to pass up.

Oh well, it gives people a nice hook to draw NPO into a war at some point.

Edit: just saw one of the many poorly titled threads, apparently they did accept it.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303622511' post='2698276']
How are you going to retaliate? You have nothing to do with AcTi so any "retaliation" will actually be a first strike. Look you people can say what you wish but you do not choose who applies let alone who gets accepted into Olympus. I am in gov't and I can't even do that, it's our members who accepts or denies applicants.

In the end they applied and most were accepted. So until they do something to be removed from our AA we will protect our members so please feel free to "retaliate". BTW just because you call someone a rogue doesn't make it so none of you have given any proof what so ever that members of thriller were rogues. Yet they were able to prove they were an alliance with a protectorate and a formal declaration of war, the fact that they folded so early means nothing.
[/quote]

Thanks for making everyones point it would be a first strike very similar to the cowardly acts of the group of rogues who did a first strike on another alliance. Nobody can tell you who you can accept as members you are right just don't be surprised when the acts of these people come back to hurt you much like it did for all of the members not named teddyyo or battalion when they were hit blindsided by a first strike.

I wasn't the one that called them rogues it was wicked and his moronic line of reasoning by comparing themselves to the ninjas when they attacked GOONs. It was clearly established then that the ninjas were considered a group of rogues who had a goal to hit just one alliance and were then sanctioned so blame your newest member for causing people to make the logical leap based on past history and precedent

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303623394' post='2698294']
what the $%&@ are you on about?

Rogues dont get protection because they dont give a damn, we were a legit alliance who had a charter and a protectorate.
[/quote]

So did the ninjas yet they were deemed rogues nice try though ( you know your own example)

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1303645599' post='2698407']
So did AcTi accept this peace offer or have Olympus just involved themselves in the war by accepting nations still attacking them? And yes, very disappointing to see an alliance giving these clowns a free pass so quickly, but not that surprising ... 500k of aggressive NS is a big prize to pass up.

Oh well, it gives people a nice hook to draw NPO into a war at some point.

Edit: just saw one of the many poorly titled threads, apparently they did accept it.
[/quote]

The idea Olympus picked them up for their stats is ignorant at best.

Edited by Joe32320

#1- since when do song lyrics = a charter?

#2- since when was an unofficial notice of protection against [b]raids[/b] a real protectorate?

#3- there is only one piece of evidence that could show that you all arent a bunch of rogues and that's STELIOS:

[quote]You have just conducted a spy operation against the nation of TROAS. In the attack your spy efforts were successful as your spies were able to gather the following information about the nation:

Desired Religion: Sikhism
Desired Government: Republic
Threat Level: Severe
Tax Rate: 30%
Number of Spies: 73
Last Nuke Purchase: 4/9/2011 7:59:50 AM
Last Wonder Purchase: 1/2/2011
Total Money: $4,133,923
Technology: 3,231.55 Levels
Last Bill Payment: 4/20/2011 12:13:45 AM
Trade Partners: [b]nice enough to blur this part out[/b]
Secret Aid Sent To: None
Total Aircraft: 59
Aircraft Fighter Strength: 513
Aircraft Bomber Strength: 18
Navy Purchases Today: 0
Navy Vessels:
Corvettes: 0
Landing Ships: 0
Battleships: 0
Cruisers: 0
Frigates: 0
Destroyers: 0
Submarines: 0
Aircraft Carriers: 0

Your spies returned home unharmed and unidentified.[/quote]

who the hell goes rogue with less than 10mil of a warchest at 30k NS :lol1:

that's worse than the AcTi alliance you were fighting yourself :lol1: ...hell by using Thriller logic this means that FAR needs to be rolled next right?

oh and this was a spy report just before i had declared on him in Thriller ;)

Edited by Lurunin

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1303662012' post='2698516']
#1- since when do song lyrics = a charter?

#2- since when was an unofficial notice of protection against [b]raids[/b] a real protectorate?

#3- there is only one piece of evidence that could show that you all arent a bunch of rogues and that's STELIOS:

who the hell goes rogue with less than 10mil of a warchest at 30k NS :lol1:

that's worse than the AcTi alliance you were fighting yourself :lol1: ...hell by using Thriller logic this means that FAR needs to be rolled next right?

oh and this was a spy report just before i had declared on him in Thriller ;)
[/quote]
in somewhat of his defense FAR did just get rolled by Athens..but either way im down for round 2, when do we start?

Don't get your panties in a bunch, its a famous quote. Might want to brush up on your studies a bit slugger. Very ironic of you come back with a "missed the point" line, though.

[/quote]

Aw snap, it's gettin' wet and messy in here.

[quote name='oinkoink12' timestamp='1303644615' post='2698403']
Ok, everybody using the "penkala" argument is a retard. (penkala argument being that if you have low casualties they count harder than high casualties cause you got more NS to get them)

Second of all, if your nationbuidling sucks so bad that you've NEVER reaced over 8k infra, there is no reason for that (only a few exceptions being alliance leaders who are nukerogued every 4 days)

Third of all, declare on me, idiot stole my nr 1 casualty spot. :(
[/quote]

How is it "retarded"?

I can't buy 200,000 soldiers like you can. If I get nuked 10 times I lose 40,000 soldiers. If you get nuked 10 times you lose 1.5 million soldiers. Like... seriously. Pound for pound I have more casualties than you do. Your casualties, in proportion to your nation size, age and ability to field soldiers, is fairly low. Deal with it.

Put another way... your nation is 250 times the size of mine. And it's been around for twice as long as mine has. I have 1/10 the casualties you have.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1303666011' post='2698558']
How is it "retarded"?

I can't buy 200,000 soldiers like you can. If I get nuked 10 times I lose 40,000 soldiers. If you get nuked 10 times you lose 1.5 million soldiers. Like... seriously. Pound for pound I have more casualties than you do. Your casualties, in proportion to your nation size, age and ability to field soldiers, is fairly low. Deal with it.

Put another way... your nation is 250 times the size of mine. And it's been around for twice as long as mine has. I have 1/10 the casualties you have.
[/quote]
oink, i hate you for this

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303644495' post='2698402']
Like who?

Frankly, you've criticized us for actually taking in people who you felt were irredeemable. Perhaps it is just a coincidence that these people in general had small nations.
[/quote]

If you'd like a list, Haf, I'd be glad to provide one in query. I'm confused about the second part of that though. SO criticized? Olympus criticized? You're going to need to refresh my memory about any such incidents. I'm coming up blank.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303662908' post='2698524']
in somewhat of his defense FAR did just get rolled by Athens..but either way im down for round 2, when do we start?
[/quote]
As soon as you find someone weak enough so you actually dare to fight :rolleyes:

[quote name='queenhailee' timestamp='1303670026' post='2698594']
If you'd like a list, Haf, I'd be glad to provide one in query. I'm confused about the second part of that though. SO criticized? Olympus criticized? You're going to need to refresh my memory about any such incidents. I'm coming up blank.
[/quote]
Olympus.

Mainly Pansy actually, which is why I consider this whole claim highly ... ironic.