The Thriller Ends

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303587745' post='2697910']
If youll kindly open your eyes you will notice that Thriller is merely the latest in a long line of people who went out on their own to have some fun, i direct your attention to one Ejayrazz and The Ninjas v GOONS and i would even classify Freak Safari under this too
[/quote]

Given the list of names and the rich history most have accumulated here, I would find it highly unlikely any of them would not want to own the consequences of their actions, whatever that might or might not be. At the onset it was very cavalier, I would be very surprised if that same irreverence wasnt upheld in a year should one of the ACTI nations grow up and want to get their pound of flesh back.

Directing my attention elsewhere for a comparative isnt an excersise one who wants to own their actions take.I served in the ninjas right after I got out of gramlins Im extremely confident my knowledge of their war with goons is a tad different then the actions of thriller, interesting citation though. You all pulled the trigger, so what if you did it for fun, more power to you. Your actions have now potentially allowed someone else to take the same tact at a future date. Why not embrace it? Wont it be a blast for you and other former Thriller nations when and if someone else decides to embrace your doctrine and attack you or the alliance who chose to host you for fun?

I mean, it wouldnt be identical to the thriller action but if its "to have some fun" its in line with the doctrine you espoused above. Seems like the logical end to me.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303594052' post='2697990']
I highly doubt youve fought even a fraction as hard as Londo has..but by all means continue to talk i cant hear you over all this land i took
[/quote]
I would just like to verify that Rebel has indeed fought more than a fraction as hard as Londo. He just never did any of it at 10k infra. But I can barely hear you over the casualties I have, which says a lot considering I've never been over 8.5k infra, and was only that high once.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303594052' post='2697990']
[b]I highly doubt youve fought even a fraction as hard as Londo has..[/b]but by all means continue to talk i cant hear you over all this land i took
[/quote]

Haha ok then, its obvious you havent got a clue what you're on about. But there is one thing worse than a rogue and thats a coward, so congratulations wickedj you ticked both boxes within days of each other :lol1:

I don't think Thriller are cowards. There is a huge difference between being scared and being smart.

I have a feeling if the AcTi "experiment" had meant more, they would have taken the beating out of principle. I also have a feeling that if AcTi had maintained their wiki properly, it wouldn't have ever occured in the first place.

We weren't considering involvement to stifle fun, or to take a stand against raids. The simple fact is the aggreived party was treatied to our friends in The Conclave. That's the bottom line. We aren't white knights riding around righting wrongs.

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303598308' post='2698017']
I would just like to verify that Rebel has indeed fought more than a fraction as hard as Londo. He just never did any of it at 10k infra. But I can barely hear you over the casualties I have, which says a lot considering I've never been over 8.5k infra, and was only that high once.
[/quote]

therebel despite what people hate on him for, I would think that this is the first time some one has accused him of not fighting or being a coward. While some might think that he's stubborn or stupid, I don't think anyone would say he doesn't fight hard.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303587745' post='2697910']
If youll kindly open your eyes you will notice that Thriller is merely the latest in a long line of people who went out on their own to have some fun, i direct your attention to one Ejayrazz and The Ninjas v GOONS and i would even classify Freak Safari under this too
[/quote]

Wickedj, I was allied with Ejayrazz. I know Ejayrazz. Ejayrazz is a friend of mine.

Wickedj, you're no Ejay.

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303572848' post='2697756']
I don't see how they are rogues.[/quote]
They left an organized alliance in order to launch attacks against an alliance they didn't like. What do you think a rogue is?

I look forward to Olympus' generous rogue policy being applied in favour of people attacking it in the future. ;)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303612319' post='2698153']
They left an organized alliance and [b]formed a new alliance[/b] in order to launch attacks against an alliance they didn't like. What do you think a rogue is?

I look forward to Olympus' generous rogue policy being applied in favour of people attacking it in the future. ;)
[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Ying Yang Mafia

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303605050' post='2698081']
Wickedj, I was allied with Ejayrazz. I know Ejayrazz. Ejayrazz is a friend of mine.

Wickedj, you're no Ejay.
[/quote]
Goldie, i dont care who you're related to or who you know. You clearly missed my point so dont hurt yourself on the way out

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303612319' post='2698153']
They left an organized alliance in order to launch attacks against an alliance they didn't like. What do you think a rogue is?

[/quote]

Listen here, Haflinger. You've got it all wrong as per usual. If you have a beef, bring it to us. Spitting your rubbish here and making this into something it isn't just proves what you really are. That spin machine must be awful close to retirement.

Olympus is a place of second chances, those that come through our doors are given that chance, not all stay, but we help them along the way. If you can't appreciate that, then I can't help you, but don't be a fool about it.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1303619105' post='2698231']
Listen here, Haflinger. You've got it all wrong as per usual. If you have a beef, bring it to us. Spitting your rubbish here and making this into something it isn't just proves what you really are. That spin machine must be awful close to retirement.

Olympus is a place of second chances, those that come through our doors are given that chance, not all stay, but we help them along the way. If you can't appreciate that, then I can't help you, but don't be a fool about it.
[/quote]

Just because you portay yourself as "the home of second chances" doesn't mean that everyone has to follow your mantra. What the group of rogues did was cowardly and payback sucks and since they attacked an alliance because they didn't like the people doesn't recuse you from the same fate should people decide to retaliate against these rogues down the line.

Just because you say so doesn't make it so

Edited by MrHavok

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303621181' post='2698257']
You can portray yourselves as the home of second chances, but given that you have just welcomed a group of powerful, well-connected rogues with large nations into your ranks, I suspect a different philosophy is in play here.
[/quote]
You caught us, Haf, its all about the stats..now if youll please excuse me id like to get back to collecting stats

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1303621054' post='2698255']
[/quote]

Do me a favor and find a mirror so you can read this

You can portray yourselves as the home of second chances, but given that you have just welcomed a group of powerful, well-connected rogues with large nations into your ranks, I suspect a different philosophy is in play here.
[/quote]
Your suspicions amuse and bemuse me, please do go on

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1303621054' post='2698255']
Just because you portay yourself as "the home of second chances" doesn't mean that everyone has to follow your mantra. What the group of rogues did was cowardly and payback sucks and since they attacked an alliance because they didn't like the people doesn't recuse you from the same fate should people decide to retaliate against these rogues down the line.

[/quote]

How are you going to retaliate? You have nothing to do with AcTi so any "retaliation" will actually be a first strike. Look you people can say what you wish but you do not choose who applies let alone who gets accepted into Olympus. I am in gov't and I can't even do that, it's our members who accepts or denies applicants.

In the end they applied and most were accepted. So until they do something to be removed from our AA we will protect our members so please feel free to "retaliate". BTW just because you call someone a rogue doesn't make it so none of you have given any proof what so ever that members of thriller were rogues. Yet they were able to prove they were an alliance with a protectorate and a formal declaration of war, the fact that they folded so early means nothing.

[/quote]

Actually I think annoying you is one of the primary motivations for everyone involved. We have a scoreboard and we make a hash mark on it every time you froth at the mouth on here, which is most of the time you open your mouth. The fifth hash mark of each five is diagonal, and 25 hash marks = a free meal!

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303622511' post='2698276']
BTW just because you call someone a rogue doesn't make it so none of you have given any proof what so ever that members of thriller were rogues. Yet they were able to prove they were an alliance with a protectorate and a formal declaration of war, the fact that they folded so early means nothing.
[/quote]

I spoke directly to TIO on several occaisions concerning this topic. The reply every time was, "No, they are not our protectorate, we just don't want to see our friends be tech-raided." So no, there was no protectorate. As for the DoW, anybody can make a 'formal' DoW.

Under your definition, I could just get tech-raiding protection, attack an established alliance, declare war, and expect to not be called a rogue. Minus the tech-raiding protection, that just about defines [b]every mid-to-high profile rogue in the history of CN.[/b]

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1303600347' post='2698042']
We aren't white knights riding around righting wrongs.
[/quote]
Pillowfort will totally be a White Knight organization. We'll right every wrong and make sure everyone lives in harmony harmony oOoOoOoh!! Stop trying to deny your impulses!

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1303623044' post='2698287']
I spoke directly to TIO on several occaisions concerning this topic. The reply every time was, "No, they are not our protectorate, we just don't want to see our friends be tech-raided." So no, there was no protectorate. As for the DoW, anybody can make a 'formal' DoW.

Under your definition, I could just get tech-raiding protection, attack an established alliance, declare war, and expect to not be called a rogue. Minus the tech-raiding protection, that just about defines [b]every mid-to-high profile rogue in the history of CN.[/b]
[/quote]
what the $%&@ are you on about?

Rogues dont get protection because they dont give a damn, we were a legit alliance who had a charter and a protectorate.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1303623636' post='2698299']
This whole thing is retarded.
[/quote]

Agree this whole thread is just going around in circles by people who have absolutely nothing to do with the events that lead to this post.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1303623636' post='2698299']
This whole thing is retarded.
[/quote]

Agree 100%.

I don't understand how Olympus accepting these guys is any better than them returning to their previous alliance. They obviously got together raided an alliance, and then found refuge. This takes some credibility in many peoples eyes away from Olympus regardless of what reasons are given.

Not sure what all the ruckus is ; this is no different than any other organized raiding. Olympus has taken WickedJ, Londo and some others in after they found themselves without an alliance. Speaking for myself (not the NPO gov), I don't see the problem and I hope this works out for all concerned. Also, Pansy will never overtake my record of being nuked. Never.

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]