The Thriller Ends

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303572882' post='2697758']
Technically, they're usually the best fighters and definitely not afraid to fight. As long as there are no adverse effects to accepting them, there shouldn't be a problem. I don't see Argent hunting each and everyone of them down, so all in all, Olympus cashed out on this little Thriller.
[/quote]
Just wish I didn't have to peace out, so much land. D:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303572848' post='2697756']
haha thanks and no problem buddy. I don't even try to hide the fact that I personally wished there was more emphasis on war. [/quote]

To bad the former nations of Thriller dont share your same view, there was potential for more emphasis for war. All they had to do was complete the task they started. No matter though, we need attention whores too, they help us better understand whats wrong with our planet, and odd paradox indeed.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303572882' post='2697758']
Technically, they're usually the best fighters and definitely not afraid to fight. As long as there are no adverse effects to accepting them, there shouldn't be a problem. I don't see Argent hunting each and everyone of them down, so all in all, Olympus cashed out on this little Thriller.
[/quote]
While I generally agree, considering they ended the war the immediately when it seemed they might actually get hurt, they are certainly afraid to fight. It was wise decision to back down, but still a cowardly one.

[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1303579252' post='2697835']
While I generally agree, considering they ended the war the immediately when it seemed they might actually get hurt, they are certainly afraid to fight. It was wise decision to back down, but still a cowardly one.
[/quote]

None of these people have ever backed down in an actual war where their longtime alliance was threatened. You're talking about people from Athens who suffered at the hands of NPO and also fought a bloody conflict against TOP nations. Not to mention people like Pansy who are literally always looking for a nuke to eat. That's more than enough for me to judge their character. I hardly consider this raid enough to wash away anything that has been true of them for 3,4,5 years.

[/quote]

The very notion that any of these guys are afraid of a war is ridiculous.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303581418' post='2697849']
None of these people have ever backed down in an actual war where their longtime alliance was threatened. You're talking about people from Athens who suffered at the hands of NPO and also fought a bloody conflict against TOP nations. Not to mention people like Pansy who are literally always looking for a nuke to eat. That's more than enough for me to judge their character. I hardly consider this raid enough to wash away anything that has been true of them for 3,4,5 years.
[/quote]

Fair enough. However it dosent really jive with the facts here, they did end the conflict. Odd behavior from people as you describe them above wouldnt you agree? Im no moralist, the planet is what it is they wanted to hit AcTi thats their right as rulers to declare war on whoever they want. Owning the consequences of that action by seeing it through to the stated end (at a minimum) would have been consistant with what you hold to be true above. That didnt happen in this case and while it certainly dosent taint wholely years worth of rep it dosent change the present circumstances.

They ran bro, certainly looks that way.

Edited by Thorgrum

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303534620' post='2697468']
Have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in Olympus' actions here. Perhaps not all that surprised though.
[/quote]

Your disappointment with our decision reaffirms my sureness that we chose correctly. Thank you for the verification. ;)

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1303583567' post='2697869']
Fair enough. However it dosent really jive with the facts here, they did end the conflict. Odd behavior from people as you describe them above wouldnt you agree? Im no moralist, the planet is what it is they wanted to hit AcTi thats their right as rulers to declare war on whoever they want. Owning the consequences of that action by seeing it through to the stated end (at a minimum) would have been consistant with what you hold to be true above. That didnt happen in this case and while it certainly dosent taint wholely years worth of rep it dosent change the present circumstances.

They ran bro, certainly looks that way.
[/quote]

Don't blame them for actually getting away with it. Blame yourselves. They're the ones who made the profit in land,tech, and casualties. Everyone else seems to just be left shaking their fists and stomping their feet.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303585653' post='2697894']
Don't blame them for actually getting away with it. Blame yourselves. They're the ones who made the profit in land,tech, and casualties. Everyone else seems to just be left shaking their fists and stomping their feet.
[/quote]

I dont blame them at all, I agree they won, particularly if you add into their profits fun had, and pissing off people who didnt do something about it. Its been entertaining, but all the accolades, present and historic dosent negate the othersides view of them tucking tail and running when the heat got turned up. At least it will give everyone a CB for years to come, so there is that service done too. All and all a successful endevor indeed, once all the factors are weighed accurately.

cheers

[/quote]
You dont even have a million casualties, yet we're cowards and afraid to fight?

Lets recap, mmk? I have 5 million, Pansy has 8 million, Londo and Magic have just over 6 million. Hell blazerboy has 500k and hes a fraction of your age so come back and call someone a coward when youve fought in more than one war

[quote]At least it will give everyone a CB for years to come, so there is that service done too[/quote]
If youll kindly open your eyes you will notice that Thriller is merely the latest in a long line of people who went out on their own to have some fun, i direct your attention to one Ejayrazz and The Ninjas v GOONS and i would even classify Freak Safari under this too

Edited by wickedj

I can't speak on how or why they ended the war early as I don't really care to find out why, even though most the guys that went to Thriller are friends, but it's done. They went and did what they intended to do which is show everyone there still is a need to prepare for war. They also succeeded in making things interesting and upped activity if only for a few nations. Add that to the profits they gained and the fun they had and you can not deny they won.

Something to think about before you call anyone of these people cowards especially since just about everyone of them has ZI'ed their nations to protect others in the past.

Edited by Metha

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1303587209' post='2697909']
At least it will give everyone a CB for years to come, so there is that service done too.
[/quote]

Will they be declaring on individual nations then? I'd be very surprised if all of the nations that comprised Thriller ever found themselves together again in the same alliance (though I wouldn't be opposed...Londo when do we roll Argent? :awesome: ).

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1303588717' post='2697923']
Will they be declaring on individual nations then? I'd be very surprised if all of the nations that comprised Thriller ever found themselves together again in the same alliance (though I wouldn't be opposed...Londo when do we roll Argent? :awesome: ).
[/quote]

O it could happen :awesome:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303587745' post='2697910']

Lets recap, mmk? I have 5 million, Pansy has 8 million, Londo and Magic have just over 6 million. Hell blazerboy has 500k and hes a fraction of your age so come back and call someone a coward when youve fought in more than one war
[/quote]

People who actively raid do have high casualties because its always "hit and run" at the high infra levels you can do that for weeks/months and get millions of casualties while maintaining a high and stable infra level, over those that only fight wars as your casualty count increases very slowly after round 2.

So yes a non raider with low casualties can call someone who has his/hers in the millions a coward when they disband after a couple of days and run as soon as word gets out some alliance which would shaft them is going to hit...

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1303583549' post='2697868']
The very notion that any of these guys are afraid of a war is ridiculous.
[/quote]

I have to disagree with you there mate, i wouldnt normally of called Londo a coward, but disbanding and running away from this due to from whats been said about Argent going to hit them... is a cowardly act.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303589730' post='2697935']
People who actively raid do have high casualties because its always "hit and run" at the high infra levels you can do that for weeks/months and get millions of casualties while maintaining a high and stable infra level, over those that only fight wars as your casualty count increases very slowly after round 2.

So yes a non raider with low casualties can call someone who has his/hers in the millions a coward when they disband after a couple of days and run as soon as word gets out some alliance which would shaft them is going to hit...
[/quote]
Are you stupid? In the scenario you described of "hit and run" you know how many GAs one would have to run in order to even acheive 100k casualties?

You keep spouting off retardation, why dont you come up to my level and you can run some attacks on me and ill show you why Pansy, Londo, Magic and the rest of us have high casualty counts

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303590688' post='2697951']
Are you stupid? In the scenario you described of "hit and run" you know how many GAs one would have to run in order to even acheive 100k casualties?

You keep spouting off retardation, why dont you come up to my level and you can run some attacks on me and ill show you why Pansy, Londo, Magic and the rest of us have high casualty counts
[/quote]

No im not stupid, heres a crystal clear example me and londo have been in the world around about the same time, ive been involved in more large scale wars than him and he has double my casualty count, want to know why? He is an active high infra raider and ive been in minimal raids during my life time.

Regardless casualty count doesnt mean anything about being a coward or not, its the actions one takes that does.

Regarding your second comment of chest pounding swell-headness, grow up you coward who ran at the sign of Argent :ehm:

Edited by the rebel

If youll kindly open your eyes you will notice that Thriller is merely the latest in a long line of people who went out on their own to have some fun, i direct your attention to one Ejayrazz and The Ninjas v GOONS and i would even classify Freak Safari under this too
[/quote]

Except for the fact that GOONs cried about the ninjas being a group of rogues and had them Sanctioned

So if it's the same situation you are acknowledging then that thriller was not a legit alliance but merely a gathered group of rogues, except the ninjas didn't cowardly fold when the going got tough

Good to know

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303591170' post='2697955']
No im not stupid, heres a crystal clear example me and londo have been in the world around about the same time, ive been involved in more large scale wars than him and he has double my casualty count, want to know why? He is an active high infra raider and ive been in minimal raids during my life time.
[/quote]
I highly doubt youve fought even a fraction as hard as Londo has..but by all means continue to talk i cant hear you over all this land i took

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303594052' post='2697990']
I highly doubt youve fought even a fraction as hard as Londo has..but by all means continue to talk i cant hear you over all this land i took
[/quote]

Fought "as hard" that doesn't even make sense. How do you quantify someone as fighting hard.

And the land comeback, that can't really be the best insult you have is it?

[/quote]
Sadly, I haven't been a member of many raiding alliances, as they tend to be full of **. Thus, it's hard for me to make easy casualties without a fear for my precious infra. And for the record, I've been in 3 wars, always declared the max aggro wars, not my fault my enemies have been such a fail. (except the goons+allies. those guys did do something right.)

At least I never run away when my enemy is greater than I am, like you guys did over here. Cowards.

Edited by Ziperia