The Thriller Ends

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1303521939' post='2697284']
I think the point is they learned from it though.

Heh, I would say Olympus is the biggest winner in the Thriller War. They've taken in some quality nations, and they have also taken in what I consider some quality leaders.
[/quote]

Not if they picked up any nations from Thriller.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1303474658' post='2696460']
Why would they need to go back to their old home when Olympus is more than welcome to accept these sacks of garbage. You guys pretty much thrive on letting the weak and feeble in these days.
[/quote]

Quoting for truth? We're always horribly inactive, suck at war and nation building.

We do have good choice in allies though.

Edited by President S O

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1303501882' post='2696910']
Quelle surprise ...

Much respect to Athens for sticking to a principled stand. Your alliance has done or sanctioned some dubious things in the past, but this deserves acknowledgement, so well done.
[/quote]
No kidding.

I'll have to get my head examined if Athens rejects these guys' applications but Olympus accepts them. Up will be down. But I guess that good alliances occasionally do bad things and bad alliances occasionally do good things. Just didn't think Olympus would slip up.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303534784' post='2697471']
No kidding.

I'll have to get my head examined if Athens rejects these guys' applications but Olympus accepts them. Up will be down. But I guess that good alliances occasionally do bad things and bad alliances occasionally do good things. Just didn't think Olympus would slip up.
[/quote]
[color="#FF00FF"]Olympus has always been a place for people to have second chances its not yours nor my place to judge if its a mistake or a great move. Oly picked up some solid members if they can keep them under control. But i guess if people are really that upset about it they can go ahead and take that up with Olympus im sure we will just sit by and watch.[/color]

Edited by Buds The Man

No kidding.

[/quote]
[color="#FF00FF"]Slip up? how, pretell, are they slipping up?[/color]

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303535976' post='2697502']
I'm sure Olympus will be very heartbroken that [color="#FF00FF"]Duncan King[/color] disagrees with their decision.
[/quote]
As a representative of Olympus Applicant i can assure you, we are very heart broken. We will do our best to make amends ASAP

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303535976' post='2697502']
I'm sure Olympus will be very heartbroken that Duncan King disagrees with their decision.
[/quote]
Can't win them all. I will sleep just fine tonight even though I disagree with Olympus. All told, they're still in my top five favorite alliance, I'm just facepalming a bit at this most recent act. But as I said, good alliances do stupid things occasionally. I do hope that there are no long term negative side effects other than negative PR for them and that the Thriller people don't tread on their friendship.

WickedJ in Olympus is a hilarious concept to think of though. Kind of like a bull in a china shop.

/me hands Pansy a tissue.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303537709' post='2697527']

WickedJ in Olympus is a hilarious concept to think of though. Kind of like a bull in a china shop.

/me hands Pansy a tissue.
[/quote]
[color="#FF00FF"]WickedJ likes raiding, so does Pansy, Metha, Blazer, Deity, Myzaree, Sibre, Schway... etc
WickedJ calls things as he sees them, Olympus has a no gag policy on our membership and always has... yep, no big shake there
only difference I see with him joining is, he is a bigger tech whore than the rest of us..... and that is a bad thing?[/color]

No kidding.

[/quote]
[color="#FF00FF"]
Why would Olympus not accept these people?

They did not do anything wrong under the Olympus AA and their actions were not as horrible as you people love to suggest. All they are guilty of is not liking some alliance's leadership and took action. In the end this "war" was just a large scale tech raid. If I were apart of Thriller I wouldn't have stopped so short. Maybe now AcTi will do something about their members inability to protect themselves and hopefully their members will see how their own leadership doesn't care what happens to them.

OOC: Remember this is a multiplayer nation simulator where war accounts for at least 50% of the game mechanics. Personally I do not see the point in growing growing growing with no war or adverse effects on ones nation. The real game is to use game mechanics plus political strategy to survive not to ***** out in peace mode every time there is a chance for war.[/color]

Edited by Metha

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303539125' post='2697543']
[color="#FF00FF"]

They did not do anything wrong under the Olympus AA and their actions were not as horrible as you people love to suggest. All they are guilty of is not liking some alliance's leadership and took action. In the end this "war" was just a large scale tech raid. If I were apart of Thriller I wouldn't have stopped so short. Maybe now AcTi will do something about their members inability to protect themselves and hopefully their members will see how their own leadership doesn't care what happens to them.

OOC: Remember this is a multiplayer nation simulator where war accounts for at least 50% of the game mechanics. Personally I do not see the point in growing growing growing with no war or adverse effects on ones nation. The real game is to use game mechanics plus political strategy to survive not to ***** out in peace mode every time there is a chance for war.[/color]
[/quote]
You there, stop using sane and normal logic with [color="#FF00FF"]Duncan King[/color], shes not interested in that...just spouting off about how terrible Thriller were and now how horrible Olympus is for taking us in

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303548350' post='2697590']
You there, stop using sane and normal logic with [color="#FF00FF"]Duncan King[/color], shes not interested in that...just spouting off about how terrible Thriller were and now how horrible Olympus is for taking us in
[/quote]
Turrible. Just, turrible.

[quote name='Metha' timestamp='1303539125' post='2697543']
[color="#FF00FF"]

They did not do anything wrong under the Olympus AA and their actions were not as horrible as you people love to suggest. All they are guilty of is not liking some alliance's leadership and took action. In the end this "war" was just a large scale tech raid. [b]If I were apart of Thriller I wouldn't have stopped so short.[/b] Maybe now AcTi will do something about their members inability to protect themselves and hopefully their members will see how their own leadership doesn't care what happens to them.
[/color]
[/quote]

Bolded the best part, definately brought a smile to my face thanks bro. Good luck out there Olympus and to all the former thriller nations.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303559289' post='2697658']
Because most alliances do not accept rogues currently at war.
[/quote]

I don't see how they are rogues. They were under an AA with a charter and at one point even had a protectorate. They also made a formal declaration of war here and only went after AcTi nations. Plus everyone that has applied to Olympus sent peace request and stopped their attacks so I am sorry to say but their "rogue" status that your arguing just doesn't hold up.

[quote name='Thorgrum' timestamp='1303564599' post='2697691']
Bolded the best part, definately brought a smile to my face thanks bro. Good luck out there Olympus and to all the former thriller nations.
[/quote]

haha thanks and no problem buddy. I don't even try to hide the fact that I personally wished there was more emphasis on war. I am not saying everyone should just throw down 24/7 for whatever reason they can pull out of their ***es but a little more action would be nice.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303559289' post='2697658']
Because most alliances do not accept rogues currently at war.
[/quote]

Technically, they're usually the best fighters and definitely not afraid to fight. As long as there are no adverse effects to accepting them, there shouldn't be a problem. I don't see Argent hunting each and everyone of them down, so all in all, Olympus cashed out on this little Thriller.