A Statement from the IHC of TIO

Dave93

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1303359121' post='2695258']
I love when dirty laundry gets aired, but then someone who is truly intelligent comes in and says !@#$%* your dirty laundry is incorrect.

<3 ironfist
[/quote]

I know what I have said about Synergy as does Ironfist. I have been railing against it for months so I don't see how it is incorrect. Ask anyone in GATO what I've had to say. I can't say I'm surprised that any of you have heard of the dissent to Synergy within GATO. It's been a pretty divisive subject for a long time. You've just been lucky to have Synergy sympathizers in gov thus far. Hopefully, that won't hold out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beauty of GATO is people are able to have differing opinions and the ability to voice them.

When all is said, at the end of the day, the Government, especially Lizzy and her MoFA team, are certain of their direction.

From what I've seen recently, there are some pretty nice plans, especially for future media, communication and activity.

Edited by Frederico Rodriguez

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1303364839' post='2695324']
The beauty of GATO is people are able to have differing opinions and the ability to voice them.

When all is said, at the end of the day, the Government, especially Lizzy and her MoFA team, are certain of their direction.

From what I've seen recently, there are some pretty nice plans, especially for future media, communication and activity.
[/quote]

I agree and i never said that the dissent was from GATO as a whole or from anyone in gov. If anything GATO as a whole and the gov have been especially keen on keeping up with Synergy and trying to have it succeed. It's just actions like these show exactly why GATO doesn't belong and hopefully the GA sees that come election time.

[quote name='Frederico Rodriguez' timestamp='1303364839' post='2695324']

[/quote]
That was a wonderfully written PR responce, i give it 4/5 stars

Also, Magic, you !@#$@#$ rock lol i may stop being so mean to you on skype

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303365320' post='2695330']
That was a wonderfully written PR responce, i give it 4/5 stars

Also, Magic, you !@#$@#$ rock lol i may stop being so mean to you on skype
[/quote]

I've never been one to eat around the bush. I'm guessing the fervor for GATO isn't all roses from all of the Synergy alliances. I think it's admirable they want to keep it around but from what I have seen their goals for the bloc are unrealistic, they have nothing near a cohesive FA plan, and the ideals and people who brought this thing together in the beginning just are not there anymore. Then you have things like the war and how that turned out and actions like these which speak volumes to the character of some of these alliances. Why they would want to try to stick after everything is beyond me but I guess people need something to cling to.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303311276' post='2694632']
One Thriller hit ActI, it became blatantly obvious that they weren't an alliance but were actualy a bunch of rogues.
[/quote]

[color="#FF00FF"]My mistake, I was under the impressions alliances were allowed to declare war. In fact, that may be part of the reason this world provides the facilities to engage in warfare at all. Does this mean GOONS are all rogues too? A group of 381 rogues? Scary thought if they were organized somehow :wacko: [/color]

[quote name='blazerboy525' timestamp='1303367603' post='2695362']
[color="#FF00FF"]My mistake, I was under the impressions alliances were allowed to declare war. In fact, that may be part of the reason this world provides the facilities to engage in warfare at all. Does this mean GOONS are all rogues too? A group of 381 rogues? Scary thought if they were organized somehow :wacko: [/color]
[/quote]
Imagine if they had forums in which to communicate with each other, and organize themselves...the horror

Those of you talking about Synergy. Synergy was never meant to be a third option or an all powerful bloc. It was a group of close friends joining together out of that friendship and loyalty towards eachother. We are all very close and we all have eachothers backs.

Edited by Empress Elizabeth

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303363475' post='2695306']
I also kept my mouth shut while I was still in GATO out of the willingness to be courteous even when I did not agree. Since I am no longer GATO I can now tell everyone how I feel. Of course, if my opinion counted in GATO then we wouldn't be in Synergy, however the gov guys want to stick with it and that's fine but c'mon next it'll be you guys they bail on Iron and these kind of actions show how they like to deflect blame and take no accountability for their own actions. Remember this Iron.
[/quote]
Actually, I see GATO bailing on Synergy before Synergy bails on GATO.

The topic has enough scraps for the trolls of OWF to dive one and fight over, i dont know why synery is involved

Magic, i love you dude, but if you have personal opinions like this to say, go make a blog so no one can read what you dont care about to your hearts delight.

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1303335639' post='2694881']
What is this I dont even... You guys are bailing on AcTi because some of your allies ex-members made an alliance and decided to raid AcTi? Way to be there for AcTi when they needed you most
[/quote]
KDII, never change.

This post wins the Banner Confusion Award for most confused post of the month.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303363475' post='2695306']
I also kept my mouth shut while I was still in GATO out of the willingness to be courteous even when I did not agree. Since I am no longer GATO I can now tell everyone how I feel. Of course, if my opinion counted in GATO then we wouldn't be in Synergy, however the gov guys want to stick with it and that's fine but c'mon next it'll be you guys they bail on Iron and these kind of actions show how they like to deflect blame and take no accountability for their own actions. Remember this Iron.
[/quote]
Excuse me, but deflecting blame, taking no accountability for our actions? If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what the purpose was in this thread. Taking accountability and blame for a mistake. Bail on such steadfast and understanding friends as GATO? I don't think so.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303363962' post='2695311']
I know what I have said about Synergy as does Ironfist. I have been railing against it for months so I don't see how it is incorrect. Ask anyone in GATO what I've had to say. I can't say I'm surprised that any of you have heard of the dissent to Synergy within GATO. It's been a pretty divisive subject for a long time. You've just been lucky to have Synergy sympathizers in gov thus far. Hopefully, that won't hold out.
[/quote]

Oh come on now magic, you can't honestly think I'm that oblivious to what synergy is. You can say that the original powers behind it are gone, but as I look through history I recall the biggest powers from within my alliance were myself and our emperor at the time. I know damn well what synergy was meant to be, and thus far the IAA and LOSS have proven they understand it's purpose. Perhaps mistakes have been made in the past, however the purpose was to essentially turn the de facto bloc into a reality and basically give us control of where we would fight. Perhaps not necessarily a third side so to speak but more to give us control of our battles rather than simply the treaty falls. The biggest thing though is we are and will be there for each other to the end.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1303400685' post='2695566']
Excuse me, but deflecting blame, taking no accountability for our actions? If I'm not mistaken, that's exactly what the purpose was in this thread. Taking accountability and blame for a mistake. Bail on such steadfast and understanding friends as GATO? I don't think so.
[/quote]

Ha! The purpose of this thread was to point the finger at Thriller and say "Don't look at us!"

As for the we always have eachother's back !@#$%^&*. I haven't seen it yet. Not one damn cohesive decision made. I'm not saying GATO is blameless either. All throughout history GATO has never had any luck in any bloc its ever been a part of. I don't see Synergy as being any different from the rest.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303407898' post='2695672']
Ha! The purpose of this thread was to point the finger at Thriller and say "Don't look at us!"
[/quote]

MN, I think you're trying way to hard to make the OP something it is not. Its a pretty straight forward apology wehre Dave take full blame for his decision, and clarifies that the rest of TIO was not consulted first.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1303411300' post='2695708']
You did what you thought was best. When you found it wasn't you adjusted. Its all good and let people say what they will. I know first hand you did this with the intent of integrity.

o/ TIO and Dave :)
[/quote]
What? No hails for thriller? !@#$%^&

[OOC] I've been away, because of a broken comp. Could someone please explain who tech raided Thriller?[/OOC]

Magic left GATO? That makes me very happy.

Magic joined Thriller? This makes me disappointed in all of the people in Thriller actually letting him in.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303366046' post='2695338']
and the ideals and people who brought this thing together in the beginning just are not there anymore.[/quote]

LoSS has close to the same government, GATO has close to the same government, Those still active in IAA were in gov when Synergy was formed. Those who left IAA for TIO were gov when Synergy was formed. You're just straight up wrong.

[quote]Then you have things like the war and how that turned out and actions like these which speak volumes to the character of some of these alliances.[/quote]

You're right. GATO could have bailed on its Synergy allies and followed Athens. Instead they went up against pretty awful odds and done a good job. That does show a lot about their charecter. If you're talking about IAA and TIO helong Polar; once again we stook by allies despite having a way out. Everyone by now knows LoSS stepped and refused to leave because of DT. I think this past war showed Synergy were amazing people and awesome allies. There is no way you could argue anything different.

[quote] Why they would want to try to stick after everything is beyond me but I guess people need something to cling to.
[/quote]

I know you don't know !@#$ about loyalty, but Synergy has it.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1303370673' post='2695403']
Actually, I see GATO bailing on Synergy before Synergy bails on GATO.
[/quote]
If this is some joke about 6mil just shut the $%&@ up. I made the decision alone and GATO was going to undo it, but instead they decided to stick by me because traitors get what they deserved. The common people of GATO done nothing wrong then.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1303418195' post='2695805']
Magic joined Thriller? This makes me disappointed in all of the people in Thriller actually letting him in.
[/quote]
Incase you missed it we let in Mogar...standards arent exactly high

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303407898' post='2695672']

As for the we always have eachother's back !@#$%^&*. I haven't seen it yet. Not one damn cohesive decision made. I'm not saying GATO is blameless either. All throughout history GATO has never had any luck in any bloc its ever been a part of. I don't see Synergy as being any different from the rest.
[/quote]
Reading is hard.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1303418195' post='2695805']
[OOC] I've been away, because of a broken comp. Could someone please explain who tech raided Thriller?[/OOC]

Magic left GATO? That makes me very happy.

LoSS has close to the same government, GATO has close to the same government, Those still active in IAA were in gov when Synergy was formed. Those who left IAA for TIO were gov when Synergy was formed. You're just straight up wrong.

You're right. GATO could have bailed on its Synergy allies and followed Athens. Instead they went up against pretty awful odds and done a good job. That does show a lot about their charecter. If you're talking about IAA and TIO helong Polar; once again we stook by allies despite having a way out. Everyone by now knows LoSS stepped and refused to leave because of DT. I think this past war showed Synergy were amazing people and awesome allies. There is no way you could argue anything different.

I know you don't know !@#$ about loyalty, but Synergy has it.

If this is some joke about 6mil just shut the $%&@ up. I made the decision alone and GATO was going to undo it, but instead they decided to stick by me because traitors get what they deserved. The common people of GATO done nothing wrong then.
[/quote]

Haters gonna hate. Also, name the one member of the current GATO gov that was gov when Synergy was signed. So much for the same.

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303498299' post='2696828']
Haters gonna hate. Also, name the one member of the current GATO gov that was gov when Synergy was signed. So much for the same.
[/quote]
TimLee was MoFA. Kubla (I believe? Could be wrong) was MoF. Lizzy was Congressional Speaker, too. But hey, that's just what happens in a Democracy.