A Statement from the IHC of TIO

Dave93

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303281789' post='2694445']
ITT: Ryan Greenberg counts as "several people"

TIO bails after literally a single tech raid.
[/quote]

ITT: HoT ignores the OP in this thread

HoT literally posts !@#$ in the thread.

Read the OP next time might actually help ;)

also :wub: Dave :wub:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao. I really wish I had more. This is why me and a lot of other people want GATO to dump Synergy. You should have rode this one out. Now you look like a complete fool. At least Dave didn't deny he knew what was going to happen days in advance.

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1303276573' post='2694341']

Everyone makes mistakes. Some of them are dumber than others. Concerning the protection of Thriller from tech-raiders, this hasty decision has not only caused a lot of controversy among the OWF, but also from within TIO. The decision to protect Thriller was one I alone made in the[b] heat of the moment[/b]; the majority of the government of TIO was not consulted prior to the issuance of this statement. I now realize this was a mistake, given the [b]unexpected degree[/b] and speed to which it escalated.
[/quote]

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303283401' post='2694458']
Lmao. I really wish I had more. This is why me and a lot of other people want GATO to dump Synergy. You should have rode this one out. Now you look like a complete fool. At least Dave didn't deny he knew what was going to happen days in advance.
[/quote]

He kind of did just that, actually.

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1303278482' post='2694423']
Thriller requested the protection from TIO. That makes us involved in it. Here's an example of not knowing the situation you're talking about, which, admittedly, is not your fault, as you were not involved in it and thus are not expected to know the full details.
[/quote]
TIO is involved, surely, but I was referring to others who are trying to involve themselves and raising a fuss about it who are not involved.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1303278754' post='2694429']
You realize, of course, that any situation that provides any degree of profit or risk reduction by intervention is a legitimate concern, right? The only task then is the proper framing of the justification for doing so if the true reasons are not in line with the ruling class morality.

But otherwise I pretty much agree with your post.
[/quote]
This is a 1 on 1, the terms posted for ACTI are very generous and will in fact directly help ACTI, which is in contrast with most every other set of surrender terms in the history of the cyberverse. Neither ACTI nor Thriller are very much connected, and I for one don't see why people are making that big of a deal about 2 unaligned alliances of comparable stats warring it out. This is the most even fight we've had in a long, long time, and it is a shame to see moralists trying to tip the odds in favor of one side instead of letting this war play out like it should. Because honestly this war doesn't directly involve most of the cyberverse, including 99% of those who are speaking out against this war.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303284857' post='2694469']
TIO is involved, surely, but I was referring to others who are trying to involve themselves and raising a fuss about it who are not involved.[/quote]
Dont be too harsh on TIO, Dave is good peoples even if he does suck..

[quote]This is a 1 on 1, the terms posted for ACTI are very generous and will in fact directly help ACTI, which is in contrast with most every other set of surrender terms in the history of the cyberverse. Neither ACTI nor Thriller are very much connected, and I for one don't see why people are making that big of a deal about 2 unaligned alliances of comparable stats warring it out. This is the most even fight we've had in a long, long time, and it is a shame to see moralists trying to tip the odds in favor of one side instead of letting this war play out like it should. Because honestly this war doesn't directly involve most of the cyberverse, including 99% of those who are speaking out against this war.
[/quote]
<~Londo> it's a shame that anytime someone musters up some balls
<~Londo> everyone in the world has to jump on them, cause they were too afraid to start their own action.

The good reverend llama said it best

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303283401' post='2694458']
[/quote]

God this is delicious had it occurred to you that the reverse is true that people wanted GATO out due to there hysterical performance in the war.

As for the OP, should of stuck with it rather then back down you just made things even worse.

In addition, it has come to our attention that several former members of our allies have begun tech-raiding Thriller. Although a statement of protection over Thriller was issued, we believe our relationship with our long-standing and trusted allies to be more important.
[/quote]

One.

Not several former members.

As of now there is one war declared, from one person, on a nation in Thriller from a person not in AcTi.

Ryan Greenberg, Destroyer of Treaties.

I thought your original decision was shameful, and think that this was a smart move, although this combined with how quick you were to leave your allies on the field so they could get hit with reps in this past war tells a lot about your alliance.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1303282663' post='2694453']
ITT: HoT ignores the OP in this thread

HoT literally posts !@#$ in the thread.

Read the OP next time might actually help ;)

also :wub: Dave :wub:
[/quote]

:unsure: Ermmm.....

In addition, it has come to our attention that [size="4"][b]several[/b][/size] former members of our allies have begun tech-raiding Thriller.
[/quote]

That IS in the OP ^

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303306675' post='2694591']
One.

Not several former members.

As of now there is one war declared, from one person, on a nation in Thriller from a person not in AcTi.

Ryan Greenberg, Destroyer of Treaties.

I thought your original decision was shameful, and think that this was a smart move, although this combined with [b]how quick you were to leave your allies on the field so they could get hit with reps in this past war[/b] tells a lot about your alliance.
[/quote]
This might have some merit, had TIO been able to continue fighting. :huh: And it's not as though our opponents couldn't give us reps, it was well within their power.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1303309395' post='2694618']
Hmm I can now raid the top nations of Thriller. Londo is kinda a good guy though, and WickedJ is out of range.
[/quote]
Being Evil is a registered trademark of Thriller please take your Raiding else where good sir.
also aren't you guys tied down by those BoS blitzs? :smug:

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303310286' post='2694623']
See, this was a good idea. A bad idea was ever offering to protect [s]a bunch of rogues[/s][color="#FF0000"]an alliance[/color], no matter who they are.
[/quote]

Seems a lot sillier when you refer to it as what it is, I can see why you used the wrong term initially

[quote name='blazerboy525' timestamp='1303310690' post='2694628']
Seems a lot sillier when you refer to it as what it is, I can see why you used the wrong term initially
[/quote]
One Thriller hit ActI, it became blatantly obvious that they weren't an alliance but were actualy a bunch of rogues. At that point, TIO would have been well within their rights to and should have cancelled the protection immediately. Protecting an alliance isn't a bad thing in and of itself but offering that protection comes with an understanding that the protected alliance isn't going to intentionally do something phenomenally stupid that puts the protecting alliance in danger. Thriller broke this agreement immediately.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1303283756' post='2694459']
He kind of did just that, actually.
[/quote]

I think he was saying he didn't expect as much butthurt as there has been. He knew damn well the plan going in. Like I said, this is why I have been calling for GATO to leave Synergy behind for months.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303311276' post='2694632']
One Thriller hit ActI, it became blatantly obvious that they weren't an alliance but were actualy a bunch of rogues. At that point, TIO would have been well within their rights to and should have cancelled the protection immediately. Protecting an alliance isn't a bad thing in and of itself but offering that protection comes with an understanding that the protected alliance isn't going to intentionally do something phenomenally stupid that puts the protecting alliance in danger. Thriller broke this agreement immediately.
[/quote]

Maybe if Dave hadn't known what was going on long before it happened. He cannot claim ignorance of our actions and use it as an excuse here. He just !@#$%*ed out.