A Statement from the IHC of TIO

Dave93

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1303277117' post='2694376']
So not only do you decide to protect a blatantly obvious rogue AA for no reason, you then claim your reasoning for canceling is because "several former members of our allies have begun tech-raiding Thriller." when it's literally one 5k NS ex-NpO member.

Stay gold, TIO.
[/quote]
No, this is not just about Mr. Greenberg's decision to leave and go rogue on Thriller. Things were discussed in private and Dave made the decision to simply attempt to right a wrong and make it up to our disappointed friends, allies, and alliance-mates.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1303277274' post='2694384']
Kubla, I love you you silly sloth.
[/quote]

just make sure you wash your hands

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1303277619' post='2694400']
It's funny how the only people who have problems with this are the ones who have nothing to do with it. As is the way of the world, I suppose.
[/quote]
You realize it's like this for, well, everything, right?

As usual, I see irrelevant people making statements about things they think they know about a situation that doesn't concern them. :rolleyes:

Good call Dave, it's a shame TIO got caught up in all of this.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1303277914' post='2694406']
You realize it's like this for, well, everything, right?
[/quote]

Yup. It was just a commentary on the state of things. I realize that the entire OWF is filled with pointless posts by people who are defending their massive egos or are making comments on things that they haven't the slightest clue about. It's just humorous, is all.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303277158' post='2694379']
I had no intentions of starting any friction between Polaris and TIO. I assumed I was just some regular rogue without an AA now, and nothing would come of it. Sorry for any problems TIO. Looks like I only have to face the wrath of Thriller now :P
[/quote]
You didn't. Take care, Ryan.

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1303276573' post='2694341']I now realize this was a mistake
[/quote]

HA HA!

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1303276573' post='2694341']
this hasty decision has not only caused a lot of controversy among the OWF, but also from within TIO. The decision to protect Thriller was one I alone made in the heat of the moment; the majority of the government of TIO was not consulted prior to the issuance of this statement.[/quote]

Thankfully I've never done anything this stupid.

... :unsure:

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1303278102' post='2694411']
Yup. It was just a commentary on the state of things. I realize that the entire OWF is filled with pointless posts by people who are defending their massive egos or are making comments on things that they haven't the slightest clue about. It's just humorous, is all.
[/quote]

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1303277619' post='2694400']
It's funny how the only people who have problems with this are the ones who have nothing to do with it. As is the way of the world, I suppose.
[/quote]

I have problems with others butting in to situations that don't concern them. There should be no moral police, nor world police, here. I completely dislike that concept. Let Thriller and ACTI duke it out, and stay out of that situation. Don't involve yourselves in situations that don't concern you.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1303278063' post='2694410']
As usual, I see irrelevant people making statements about things they think they know about a situation that doesn't concern them. :rolleyes:

Good call Dave, it's a shame TIO got caught up in all of this.
[/quote]

I forgot to mention that I love the fact that Skippy didn't warn Dave that he was protecting a rogue alliance and/or that Dave just decided "oh hey a new alliance with my former leader and some well known names, I'll probably score some sweet PR points to protect them as my first act in leadership!"

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303278348' post='2694418']
I have problems with others butting in to situations that don't concern them. There should be no moral police, nor world police, here. I completely dislike that concept. Let Thriller and ACTI duke it out, and stay out of that situation. Don't involve yourselves in situations that don't concern you.
[/quote]

Thriller requested the protection from TIO. That makes us involved in it. Here's an example of not knowing the situation you're talking about, which, admittedly, is not your fault, as you were not involved in it and thus are not expected to know the full details.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303278348' post='2694418'] Don't involve yourselves in situations that don't concern you.
[/quote]

You realize, of course, that any situation that provides any degree of profit or risk reduction by intervention is a legitimate concern, right? The only task then is the proper framing of the justification for doing so if the true reasons are not in line with the ruling class morality.

But otherwise I pretty much agree with your post.

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1303278482' post='2694423']
Thriller requested the protection from TIO. That makes us involved in it. Here's an example of not knowing the situation you're talking about, which, admittedly, is not your fault, as you were not involved in it and thus are not expected to know the full details.
[/quote]

So what, you just protect people on a whim? No checking them out?

Surely during the discussions of your prospective new protectorates long term goals, government structure, [i]policy on raiding[/i], or any of that other important stuff you'd have noticed you agreed to protect an AA that was planning on picking a fight?

[quote name='Ninja Colt' timestamp='1303278437' post='2694420']
I forgot to mention that I love the fact that Skippy didn't warn Dave that he was protecting a rogue alliance and/or that Dave just decided "oh hey a new alliance with my former leader and some well known names, I'll probably score some sweet PR points to protect them as my first act in leadership!"
[/quote]
You're only backing up my comment further, you know?

I didn't issue any order for protection for Thriller before I stepped down. I discussed it with a few gov on IRC, but it didn't go any further than that. Long story short, I decided I'd go ahead and join Thriller, [ooc]taking a few RL things into account, the opportunity interested me more than it would say, 6 months ago, to do this exact thing[/ooc].

Dave made the call to protect Thriller, and he has already admitted he's made a mistake, do you really have to make an idiot of yourself, like so many others, and act like you know everything about the situation? Come on, you used to be smarter than that.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1303278885' post='2694431']
So what, you just protect people on a whim? No checking them out?

Surely during the discussions of your prospective new protectorates long term goals, government structure, [i]policy on raiding[/i], or any of that other important stuff you'd have noticed you agreed to protect an AA that was planning on picking a fight?
[/quote]

Maybe you should have read the original post. It may have cleared up everything you just said. ;)

o/ TIO
thanks for the help, im just sorry Thriller didnt issue a statement saying that we are Protecting TIO against angry butthurt moralists. :( sorry we let you down Dave.

on the bright Side..target[s]s[/s]! :awesome:

Edited by Systemfailure