Dear Gotham

relyt92

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1303448878' post='2696315']
What is and is not a tech raid is purely subjective.

Deal with it.
[/quote]
Actually, a tech raid is attacking somebody with the intention of stealing tech/money/land. Not sure that's really that subjective.

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303449287' post='2696322']
Actually, a tech raid is attacking somebody with the intention of stealing tech/money/land. Not sure that's really that subjective.
[/quote]

Technically they're "stealing" it from you through defeat alerts, they just arent making any gains from it. :P

Stuff like this happens on none and you should know so why you complaining, tech raids and war training will always happen...

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303277417' post='2694391']
I have also been banned from #gotham, despite not using any foul language or insulting anybody, the same cannot be said for Helena however. For somebody who seems so set on their path, you sure don't like me being able to communicate with you.
[/quote]

It's their IRC channel... Not yours.

You have several ways of contacting her, In-game, Query, etc.

Also now that tables have turned on you and you're on the receiving end of the attacks you don't like it?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1303485759' post='2696593']
Unless you completely abstain from raiding of any kind, taking issue with Gotham's approach to this issue is at best hypocritical.
[/quote]

Except it isn't raiding. :wacko:

Lets be clear everyone. If you consider it a tech raid, the defending nation needs to have some essential things:
1. soldiers to attack
2. tech to steal
3. land to steal

All this talk about "war training" isn't going to excuse anything either. The only possible thing that a nation would need help training for in CN war is ground attacks. You can't exactly do that with no soldiers. Everything else is pressing buttons, but I can see the little skill needed in determining deployments and such.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1303486408' post='2696605']
Except it isn't raiding. :wacko:

Lets be clear everyone. If you consider it a tech raid, the defending nation needs to have some essential things:
1. soldiers to attack
2. tech to steal
3. land to steal

All this talk about "war training" isn't going to excuse anything either. The only possible thing that a nation would need help training for in CN war is ground attacks. You can't exactly do that with no soldiers. Everything else is pressing buttons, but I can see the little skill needed in determining deployments and such.
[/quote]

Actually your missing a critical reason for raiding. Enjoyment is as much a reason for raiding as the profit is if not more of a reason. Thats specifically why I didn't say tech/land/money raid. I said raiding of any kind, that would include raiding for pure amusement. I didn't make the point to defend Gotham, I made the point that many including the recipient of the raids, are hypocrites because they themselves take part in this very same activity, and had the tables been turned would be jeering at the raided, and enjoying the suffering they were causing.

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1303485759' post='2696593']
Unless you completely abstain from raiding of any kind, taking issue with Gotham's approach to this issue is at best hypocritical.
[/quote]

That's just not even close to true. Many alliances allow tech/land raiding. Forced recruitment is pretty much universally condemned though.

Apparently a satisfactory resolution has occured, at least.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1303490143' post='2696700']
That's just not even close to true. Many alliances allow tech/land raiding. Forced recruitment is pretty much universally condemned though.

Apparently a satisfactory resolution has occured, at least.
[/quote]

Forced recruitment isn't present here (Unless that was admitted to, which I'm unaware of), thats only what is being spun out of this. The individual could have easily joined any alliance, to get him out of the raid. Unless raiding in all cases or None is off limits to raid, than the individual was experienced enough to know he ran the risk of being raided.

And I agree, I'm glad to see it resolved.

Edited by Muddog

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1303490307' post='2696702']
Forced recruitment isn't present here (Unless that was admitted to, which I'm unaware of),
[/quote]

[quote name='Helena Cain' timestamp='1303276423' post='2694339']
Had you have joined I would have of course got peace, but because you did not I notified my alliance you were a prime target.
[/quote]

The rest of the thread is mostly a series of monotonous attempts to change the subject or apply enough spin to crack a brain.

Anyway, good to see it was fairly resolved. Sad to see some people refuse to acknowledge the lesson learned though.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1303366836' post='2695349']
Strange, recently relyt92 was in Athens attacking TPF, then in The Mushroom Kingdom and at war with NPO?

Are you hiding off AA to try and rebuild out of PM or did you abandon MK during wartime?
[/quote]
This is an interesting point, and one that makes you think this guy knows what he's doing.

Strange, recently relyt92 was in Athens attacking TPF, then in The Mushroom Kingdom and at war with NPO?

Are you hiding off AA to try and rebuild out of PM or did you abandon MK during wartime?
[/quote]

It looks like he surrendered.
[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1302578057' post='2689057']
I relyt92 surrender to New Pacific Order and will not re-enter any conflict.
[/quote]

[/quote]
He may have been flying our AA, but he hasn't been a member of MK in what I would guess is over a year. He didn't even apply at any point in 2011.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303829189' post='2699777']
He may have been flying our AA, but he hasn't been a member of MK in what I would guess is over a year. He didn't even apply at any point in 2011.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure i fought this dude when he rogued \m/ last year sometime. Knew what he was doing, although he seems to be negative his WRC now.
As far as raid-recruiting is concerned, its far more amusing then it is practical.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1303520751' post='2697254']
This is an interesting point, and one that makes you think this guy knows what he's doing.
[/quote]
You think wrong.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303829189' post='2699777']
[/quote]
I don't think I've been in MK since December of 09.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1303966213' post='2700893']
I'm pretty sure i fought this dude when he rogued \m/ last year sometime. Knew what he was doing, although he seems to be negative his WRC now.
As far as raid-recruiting is concerned, its far more amusing then it is practical.
[/quote]
I do not remember if I've attacked \m/ before, but you don't look familiar. It is possible though.

Gotham is terrible at public relations, so bad I'm ashamed to be a member now. -_-
I think this was a big coincidence but I wouldn't know for sure. I don't think Helena would ever force recruit and if she did this is the first time she has. Force recruiting doesn't even work anyway, you would have to be stupid to do it for reasons like this.