Dear Gotham

relyt92

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Famzy' timestamp='1303325919' post='2694776']
Let me get this straight. Gotham players are tech raiding someone by not raiding any tech?
[/quote]
Yes, basically. Also by not doing ground attacks.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303329714' post='2694814']
Was war declared when the defender had 0 troops, or was the 0 troops a result of the war?
[/quote]
I had 0 soldiers before this little fiasco.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303333182' post='2694856']
Hey Gar, remember when you kept trying to get OTS to merge with you after being told "No." multiple times? Yeah, these are some of the multiple reasons you were told that.
[/quote]
I think the proper response is, pfffft

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303344167' post='2694984']
Wow, what an idiot Helena is. I'd use stronger language than "icequeen," but I'm a gentleman.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input, Schatt.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1303351756' post='2695125']
I think the proper response is, pfffft
[/quote]

I actually had a really wicked zinger I was going to type back [Edit] regarding the response from Beezy[/Edit], but it was way too mean.

Edited by King Charge

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303276071' post='2694331']
How Gotham recruits.

So being on none, I'm open to being recruited and raided. I was sent a recruitment message from the leader of Gotham trying to recruit me at 2:21pm game time, just a standard message about why I should join their alliance.
At 4:42pm game time I was attacked by a member of Gotham named bbrocheleau, was given a defeat alert and sent a peace offer. I sent a message to Helena Cain, the leader who recruited me asking why I would want to join an alliance that is attacking me at 10:27 game time. I recieved this:

I replied with a simple message saying I can't join an alliance who is attacking me. I then got this:

I was then attacked by another member of Gotham, who has since sent 4 cruise missiles and 4 bombing runs, no peace offer. I was going to send a message to Helena Cain asking about this, but it seems I've been blocked from messaging her.

So here's my message Helena, does this really seem like a great recruitment system to you?
[/quote]
Complain, complain, complain...blah blah blah. If you're affiliation is None, you should [b]expect[/b] to be tech-raided. Shut up and nut up.

Hey wait, aren't you the guy who said he was deleting soon or something?

Oh man.Way to whine about something on the way out.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1303392012' post='2695509']
Complain, complain, complain...blah blah blah. If you're affiliation is None, you should [b]expect[/b] to be tech-raided. Shut up and nut up.

Hey wait, aren't you the guy who said he was deleting soon or something?

Oh man.Way to whine about something on the way out.
[/quote]

Tech raided, yes... Attacked when he has 0 soldiers, CMd and bombed... No

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1303401184' post='2695572']
Gotham loses 20% of their strength over the past couple of days. Coincidence?
[/quote]

That's just a blatant lie. I don't even know what to say to that. About FIVE days ago we lost one nation that was above 100k ns, but that wasn't even close to 20% of our strength.

Is everyone really THAT bored where this is still even an issue? An unaligned nation was attacked by two small Gotham nations. It's been handled and we're both doing fine.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303407226' post='2695658']
That's just a blatant lie. I don't even know what to say to that. About FIVE days ago we lost one nation that was above 100k ns, but that wasn't even close to 20% of our strength.
[/quote]
True, the figure is closer to 15%, yet still, that is a significant loss which you can't really contend.

[quote name='Helena Cain' timestamp='1303276423' post='2694339']
Had you have joined I would have of course got peace, but because you did not I notified my alliance you were a prime target.
[/quote]
So you posted him as a target because he turned down your recruitment offer?

Yeah. That's forced recruitment.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about Gotham's NS, I know at least 150K of it is completely useless. (That would be their #2 nation.)

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1303410826' post='2695704']
True, the figure is closer to 15%, yet still, that is a significant loss which you can't really contend.
[/quote]

Once again, it was one nation with 190k ns. This nation never posted in the forums nor showed up on IRC. He was basically just nice for stats. That being said he was a good guy and I wish him the best, but I'm sure we'll be fine without him. I can assure you his reason for leaving had nothing to do with anything regarding this incident. Thanks for your concern though.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303411482' post='2695710']
So you posted him as a target because he turned down your recruitment offer?

Yeah. That's forced recruitment.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about Gotham's NS, I know at least 150K of it is completely useless. (That would be their #2 nation.)
[/quote]

Thanks for your support Haflinger.

Tyler has been reimbursed and he is not under the Gotham AA. This is most definitely a cut and dry case of forced recruitment.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303344167' post='2694984']
Wow, what an idiot Helena is. I'd use stronger language than "icequeen," but I'm a gentleman.
[/quote]
Schattenfann club material...

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303355946' post='2695210']
I actually had a really wicked zinger I was going to type back [Edit] regarding the response from Beezy[/Edit], but it was way too mean.
[/quote]
You know, I was going to respond to this, but it was way too mean.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303411548' post='2695711']
[size="4"][b]This nation never posted in the forums nor showed up on IRC. He was basically just nice for stats[/b]. [/size]
[/quote]
Quality alliance right there!

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303417599' post='2695790']
Schattenfann club material...

You know, I was going to respond to this, but it was way too mean.

Quality alliance right there!
[/quote]

I've honestly been trying my best to be as respectful as I can be. I'm sorry if I've made you upset or something. That was not my intention and I'm sorry if you feel I've wronged you. You don't have to be so insulting and defensive, this whole issue really isn't a big deal at all.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303422298' post='2695869']
I've honestly been trying my best to be as respectful as I can be. I'm sorry if I've made you upset or something. That was not my intention and I'm sorry if you feel I've wronged you. You don't have to be so insulting and defensive, this whole issue really isn't a big deal at all.
[/quote]
I put "attacking people for not joining your alliance" in the Big Deal category.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1303428089' post='2695950']
I will say this. Any leader who lists a nation with zero soldiers... as a "prime target" for raiding... really has ALOT... and I mean ALOT to learn.
[/quote]

Thanks for your input, Sykes.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303428878' post='2695970']
I put "attacking people for not joining your alliance" in the Big Deal category.
[/quote]

He was not attacked for not joining our alliance. Where would you place knowingly putting spies into other alliances on your "Big Deal" scale?

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303422298' post='2695869']
[/quote]
You have lots to learn. When you say things like, "I actually had a really wicked zinger I was going to type back [Edit] regarding the response from Beezy[/Edit], but it was way too mean" makes you sound like you actually had nothing to say.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303432652' post='2696022']
He was not attacked for not joining our alliance. Where would you place knowingly putting spies into other alliances on your "Big Deal" scale?
[/quote]

Schatt's just a big deal in general.

So funny to see some tech raiders in here, spitting out their cornflakes over this... everyone knows people on none are subject to tech raids and/or war training, its the way of this world if you dont want to be in an alliance or peacemode...

I believe relyt92 biggest issue here is that it prevents him from going to a land far away when he should just forget...

[quote name='relyt92' timestamp='1303276910' post='2694360']
That's fine, but the second attack and bombings/cruise missiles? considering I have 0 soldiers this is hardly a techraid. And Helena is now resorting to name calling in their channel. Prime example of how to gain PR in this world.
[/quote]

I feel for you OP, but that's how the world runs some times. Thought it may seem unfair in your eyes, I can see it from Gotham's as well. It was sheer coincidence that you were recruited then attacked by a member. (I think o.o) You PM'd back telling them to back of. They don't [b]have[/b] to. They offered you to join their alliance. You said No, which is the logical answer, but sadly not the best one. (I would've said no too, but flee to peace mode) There's nothing wrong with PM when you're being raided on and are on NONE. When you didn't join, the attacks continued, and since you brought attention to yourself from them; another guy decided today was his lucky day and joined in.

Best Advice:

Join an Alliance, try to flee to PM if you can, unless they have you nice and staggered. At that point, look for a serious alliance. Some alliances will get you out of raids but you'll have to be a member for so long, or pay a fee, etc
We have that policy at the Viridian Entente. Good luck. :)

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' timestamp='1303435088' post='2696066']
You charged recruits to bail them out of a tech raid?
[/quote]
Nope. They do have to stay in the Alliance for a certain time period. I'm not sure if it's meant for tech raids, I was just providing an example.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303432652' post='2696022']
He was not attacked for not joining our alliance.
[/quote]
Is that a fact? "Had you have joined I would have of course got peace, but because you did not I notified my alliance you were a prime target." [snapback]2694339[/snapback]
Now listen here, don't get cute with me, and stop spewing your filthy lies. Your alliance escalated attacks on Tyler because he did not join it.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1303432652' post='2696022']Where would you place knowingly putting spies into other alliances on your "Big Deal" scale?[/quote]
I place it up around Mess with the bull, get the horns.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Helena Cain' timestamp='1303276423' post='2694339']
Pfffft. You are in NONE and you are a prime raid target. As a matter of fact you are in anarchy... have no soldiers or other defenses and have 1K soldiers. And you are advertising to the whole world to come an attack you. Now my other member had already attacked you... and I so happen by fluke to send you a recruitment message. Had you have joined I would have of course got peace, but because you did not I notified my alliance you were a prime target. No crime committed. If you dont want to get attack then I suggest you join an alliance or go play a different game.
[/quote]

And we wonder why so many new nations don't stick around long on Bob..... It's alliances doing things like this that are a detriment to the well being of the GAME (or alternate reality of planet Bob) of cybernations....The issue that the original poster stated is one of the biggest problems with this game and will continue to be (not trying to pick on Gotham specifically because I'm sure Gotham isn't the only one that does this but honestly, its just another form of cyber-bullying)

Edited by Andrewb610