Large Storm Forming In The Atlantic

Fizzydog

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OoC: Did I seriously put nuclear missiles? Lol, it's supposed to be FOABs, I don't know how I mixed the two up.

IC: The airstrikes killed some 8,000 soldiers and injured around 10,000. Civilian casaulties were in the 500s.

The soldiers soon took command, forming organized assault groups. After retreating from the fight with about 4,780 casaulties, they would ambush the enemy with guerilla tactics, raiding the foes in cities and along roads. More airplanes took to the skies, with some 20 more PAK-FAs attacking the enemy bombers.

PRA would notice a lack of protection amongst roads leading to the capital.

[u][b]Private to People's Republic of Africa[/b][/u]

A Royal Cochin Navy warship is currently under shelter in a port of Great Western Alliance due to the storm. In light of combat actions started by PRA against GWA, we warn you not to attack the Cochin corvette, CNS Khadga. Any attack on the Royal Cochin Navy warship would be considered as a casus belli and be considered as a declaration of war against Cochin.

Sd,

KP Varma,
Minister of External Affairs,
Kingdom of Cochin

The PRA forces sustained 3,000 casualties and 10 BTRs destroyed in the initial assault.

Sorties continued to be conducted by PRA air forces, while the advance of soldiers and armor has slowed to account for logistics and to secure captured areas. Artillery was set up along the GWA Eastern border to provide artillery support for further fighting. SA-21 SAM guns were deployed to the front-lines, as well as along logistical routes and guarding troop/artillery concentrations.

OoC: Can I get a map of GWA with cities so im not so vague with force movements?

[quote][u]Private response to Kingdom of Cochin[/u]

The PRA will be mindful of all airstrikes and assaults directed towards ports, and will do everything in its capability to prevent any collateral damage to Cochin naval forces.

Signed,

Abdul-Aziz[/quote]

(Not Classified)

*Breaking News*

Hello and welcome to PNN, all news all the time. We are reporting on the biggest story of the day. The People's Republic of Africa has declared war on The Great Western Alliance, citing the confiscation of PRA Military Helicopters by The GWA which went down over GWA territory. We have have Jennifer Eccleston live on the front-lines.

[IMG]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz156/JBurman94/PNN.jpg[/IMG]

Yes I am just away from the frontlines where PRA forces have been advancing into The GWA encountering what appears to be minimal resistance.

There will be more reporting later, but for now I need to go to check some sources. Jennifer Eccleston, signing off.

OoC: I use RL cityies. Just look up maps of Morocco, Western Sahara and Algeria to find cities. I don't have a full map. Sorry. Also, I've sent a hundred or so planes after your bombers. You NEED to post casaulties. All coastal cities in Morocco and Western Sahara are heavily damaged by the way.

IC:

With no signs of government activity, individual generals began to talk and allow themselves to take control of seperate sections. Once they haphazardly organized their command centers. they began setting up quick defensive positions, using anything from sandbags to sheltering tanks in underground parking garages. The total military force was not at some 152,000 soldiers, 600 Altay Tanks, 50 artillery pieces and 2 FOABs per command station, with ten total command stations. T

he navy was stationed somewhere in undamaged Algeria, and communication with the Navy was severely limited and distorted. Soon, however, the military vessels began clean-up and Search and Rescue operations on the coast, attempting to save as many lives as possible.

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1303594342' post='2697992']
OoC: I use RL cityies. Just look up maps of Morocco, Western Sahara and Algeria to find cities. I don't have a full map. Sorry. Also, I've sent a hundred or so planes after your bombers. You NEED to post casaulties. All coastal cities in Morocco and Western Sahara are heavily damaged by the way.
[/quote]

OoC: I have no bombers in the air, only attack fighters and CAS aircraft. I only used bombers in the initial strikes... I can RP that if you would like

Even before GWA PAK-FAs and PRA F-35s were visible to one another they began their engagements. Radars from both alerted the others of their presence and with the use of air-to-air missiles they began to engage each other at 10km distance. The 20 GWA aircraft encountered 2 squadrons of 12 F-35 fighter jets. With the F-35s armed with AIM-132 ASRAAMs they were able to engage the PAKs from 13 kilometers away, while the PAKs also fired missiles at the F-35s. The end results for PRA aircraft was 5 aircraft knocked out. SAMs set up along the frontlines also began to fire at PAK aircraft.

Edited by Axolotlia

OoC: I launched a couple dozen, not 20. I'll let it slide though. I told you I launched around some 100 aircraft. Read more nextime.

IC:

The PAK-FA pilots were undertrained and very confused, casuing for hevay casaulties. 12 planes were knocked out of the sky, with 4 pilots being killed. 14 other planes were damaged. The SAM sites caused even more grief, and the planes were forced to retreat and scramble around safe zones, with a total of 21 total lost planes.

The advancing army would have heavy resistance on their way to any cities in Algeria, but in Morocco and Western Sahara, most fights were merely small skirmishes of trapped soldiers attempting to escape.

After searching through the reserves, the rogue generals were able to call up some 100,000 more men, bringing the army up to 250,000 soldiers.

OoC: Sorry for these short bursts of sentences,

Edited by Fizzydog

As the troops continued to advance west, they encountered numerous ambushes in cities as they secured them. PRA forces have pushed as far as Alger and Tiaret, experiencing heavy casualties in the fighting in the cities. Before advancing into the cities PRA artillery pounded the cities, killing 700 in Tiaret and 600 in Alger. With GWA air assets out of the way for the time-being, PRA CAS aircraft hit the city with bunker-buster bombs, as well as missiles, causing even more destruction. As PRA forces advanced into the cities, they faced stiff resistance, with block-to-block fighting. The battle raged on throughout the day, ending with the remainder of GWA troops retreating out of the city to regroup and reorganize. (Fizzy said i could RP his troops). In total to take the cities, The PRA lost 3,400 soldiers, 10 Merkava Tanks, and 5 APCs in Tiaret, and 3,200 soldiers, 15 APCs, and 12 Merkava Tanks in Alger. GWA lost 3,900 soldiers and 10 tanks in Alger, and 3,200 soldiers and 12 MBTs.

With forces being lost in heavy city fighting, the PRA called on an additional 15,000 soldiers, 100 Merkava Tanks, and 100 BTR-90s to help assault and occupy GWA lands.

9,600 Soldiers
30 APCs
22 Merkava Tanks

5 F-35s

PRA troops pushed to Tlemcen during the day, and are currently securing it. As the advance continues, the forward supply depots are pushed up with AA protection. Convoys with supplies arrive to the front lines in 8 hour intervals, delivering food, ammunition, water, and medical equipment for troops, as well as for citizens in captured territories.

OoC: My civilians will gladly take the ammunition. :v:

IC:

A voice on radio would be heard by the occupied, the needy, and the afraid.

"We have lost many friends to the storm. We were shattered. Our lives were destroyed, our eharts broken, our nation crippled. And what happens? When we are starving and our leaders are gone? Do we recieve aid? Are we rescued? No! Even after our please for help, not a single nation bats an eye. And when the "People's" Republic of Africa, the scum from the south, lose a helicopter while we lose our homes, and when their lost helicopter is confiscated so it can be used for search and rescue, how is our crippled, burning, starving nation treated? We are warred upom! To add insult to injury, these devils kill our osldiers! They widow wives and husbads! They ruin families! ANd while we sit here, our parents dead from the storm, our children missing in the war, our brothers and sisters filled with bullets, who helps us?
NO ONE! We are treated as if we don't exist in our time of great need! The world has turned away from us, and left us for the vultures! We our deserted, helpless, dying, and not a single foreigner comes to help. While the USoTI is barely touched by a nuclear bomb, THEY are quickly hugged and healed by the world! In mere moments, everyone jumps to their rescue. But us, we our below them, apparently. We should die, they say. We can rot in northern Africa, where we shall be replaced. Replaced...
I say NO! RISE against the PRA! RISE against foreign occupation! RISE for freedom! Show no mercy! Drive them out of our land with brute force! Attack their soldiers, sabotage their vehicles, poison their water! Kill the wounded and leave no survivors! Do not fear reprocussions. All that awaits you is occupation, submission, death. But if we rise against, if we fight for FREEDOM, to preserve out nation, we shall be victorious Rise! FIght! Death to PRA! FIGHT!"

The radio transmission ended, causing many upset citizens to turn angry and courageous. They had, before, not known what the war was about, but all of this death, destruction and misery over a helicopter? It was beyond ridiculous, and soldiers morale would be boosted incredibly more, causing for any more effective soldiers. Citizens would resist occupation, sometimes throwing trash and rocks at soldiers, blocking their escape and entrance routes, and burning the flag of the People's Republic of Africa.

Casaulty numbers dropped slightly, with only some 5,000 more soldiers dying, and a total of 1,200 civilians killed or seriously injured.

Soldiers bunkered in Mascara and El Asnem, hiding their suppleis and vehicles underground. Artillery would be mounted in buildings and on roofs, and fighter jets and bombers would patrol the area, attacking any enemies out of range of the SAM sites. Commanders began to deliver various hand held STINGERs, and even a single SAM unit, all of which were old and had few ammunition rounds, but still useful.

3 FOABs were launched from Oran, two headed for major roads leading to Tlemcen, and one headed for the southernmost area of this city. this would hopefully cut off supplies and damaged to enemy force.

Six more PAK-FAs were shot down.

Edited by Fizzydog

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1303701611' post='2698985']
OoC: My civilians will gladly take the ammunition. :v:

IC:

lose a helicopter while we lose our homes, and when their lost helicopter is confiscated so it can be used for search and rescue,

attacking any enemies out of range of the SAM sites.

3 FOABs were launched from Alger's ruins, two headed for major roads leading to Tlemcen, and one headed for the southernmost area of this city. this would hopefully cut off supplies and damaged to enemy force.
[/quote]

OoC: you know what I meant in regards to ammunition etc., lol. Also... I took Alger already so how could you launch FOABs? Also since when do you have constructed SAM sites.

IC: Upon intercepting the radio messsage, the PRA soldier hearing it scoffed. "How could a crippled military helicopter be used for search and rescue?"

Edited by Axolotlia

OoC: Wait, you took Alger. I'm not recognizing that. You're moving way too fast. I have the majority of my soldiers in Algeria, and you're walking through it like a knife through butter. Slow down a little. How did you get to Alger anyway? Your movements show that you're moving through Tiaret and such. Alger is far above Tiaret, and I have troops located in El Asnam. I should still own Alger, but I'll let it slide. I'll just edit that post to a different city.

As for what you quoted, I didn't RP having ANYsam sites except an obviously captured one. I said MY planes were avoiding YOUR sam sites. My bad on the wording. I do have some sort of AA constructed, but I was too lazy to find the thread for the exact name.

Anyway, I would appreciate a reply longer than one PRA soldier "scoffing."

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1303701611' post='2698985']
IC:

The world has turned away from us, and left us for the vultures! We our deserted, helpless, dying, and not a single foreigner comes to help. While the USoTI is barely touched by a nuclear bomb, THEY are quickly hugged and healed by the world! In mere moments, everyone jumps to their rescue. But us, we our below them, apparently. We should die, they say. We can rot in northern Africa, where we shall be replaced. Replaced...
I say NO! RISE against the PRA! RISE against foreign occupation! RISE for freedom! Show no mercy! Drive them out of our land with brute force! Attack their soldiers, sabotage their vehicles, poison their water! Kill the wounded and leave no survivors! Do not fear reprocussions. All that awaits you is occupation, submission, death. But if we rise against, if we fight for FREEDOM, to preserve out nation, we shall be victorious Rise! FIght! Death to PRA! FIGHT!"
[/quote]
OOC: propaganda fight!

IC:"...United States of the Islands is thought to be able to recover quickly from the most recent nuclear attack, with MoG[Corp] and other international help. In other news..."
MoG[TV] switched to silent static for a moment, before a voice could be heard, simulcast worldwide from Surt on MoG[TV] and MoG[Radio].
[center][IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/M0gar/av-11514.gif[/IMG]
"MoG[Corp] has watched the plight of our western neighbors in The Great Western Alliance, and believes it's government is currently lying to it's citizens, hear me now, people of the Great Western Alliance, it is your leadership who has failed you, the rest of the world does not help dictators or military juntas who do not help their own people, your government claims to fight for "freedom", but how much freedom have you really received from this government I ask, have they provided you with an economic future? do you feel your life is the same as those you watch on your televisions, if you are lucky to even have one? MoG[Corp] promises you something your military junta cannot, the freedom to live in a world where all you have to worry about is what you'll buy with your next paycheck, overthrow your military controlled life, the rest of the world wants to help your suffering, but are you willing to help yourself?"[/center]

MoG[TV] the displayed multiple cities and towns with 80,000 soldiers from MoG[Security], along with 1,750 MoG[Snipers] massed along the lengthy Mogatopian/GWA border, without much armored support, mostly using Technicals other converted vehicles as transports through the mostly desert region, surging quickly into Algeria communicating with PRA forces already ahead of them, attempting to spread our forces where ever needed.

Not Televised: A further 5,000 MoG[Security] forces with 250 MoG[Snipers] attached waiting along the southern border with GWA, along with 2,000 MoG[STARS], and 6,000 MoG[Defense] troops pushed northward into the devastated region of the GWA, broadcasting from speakers attached to their APCs the message played on the radio and television looping.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1303703408' post='2699003']
OoC: Wait, you took Alger. I'm not recognizing that. You're moving way too fast. I have the majority of my soldiers in Algeria, and you're walking through it like a knife through butter. Slow down a little. How did you get to Alger anyway? Your movements show that you're moving through Tiaret and such. Alger is far above Tiaret, and I have troops located in El Asnam. I should still own Alger, but I'll let it slide. I'll just edit that post to a different city.

As for what you quoted, I didn't RP having ANYsam sites except an obviously captured one. I said MY planes were avoiding YOUR sam sites. My bad on the wording. I do have some sort of AA constructed, but I was too lazy to find the thread for the exact name.

Anyway, I would appreciate a reply longer than one PRA soldier "scoffing."
[/quote]

OoC: My forces aren't all together, and I already ran it by you on IRC, and you said OK for both cities:

22:42 Waffles for the ambushes in the cities of Alger and Tiaret
22:42 Fizzydog okay
22:42 Waffles which is how far my troops have pushed so far
22:43 Fizzydog For major cities, I would assume anywhere from 9,000-15,000 troops per city
22:43 Fizzydog though the majority of them are in Algeria and South Morocco
22:43 Waffles k
22:43 Waffles cause im in Algeria right now
22:43 Waffles so thats where the heavy fighting will be
22:44 Fizzydog okay
22:44 Fizzydog Remember; Morocco and Western Sahara are mostly destroyed
22:44 Fizzydog by my lolstorm

Also if you hadnt noticed, I am way past Alger, because you have not posted any troop movements besides "we will be ambushing." Id you have towns in between my advances that have soldiers in it, then thats on you to RP their attacks on my advancing troops, not me. In modern war, it is more fast paced, especially when you are not RPing actual army movements and strategies.

Lastly, I reserve the right to say he scoffed.

MoG[Corp]'s vehicles playing the loop would be attacked by any rogue troops hiding amongst the crowds in occupied cities. Citizens began burning the MoG[Corp] flag, and pictures of Mogar, chanting such slogans as "Death to MOG!".

Another message was sent in retaliation. "You words speak only of money. You have no sense of pride, no sense of honor. You only think of a sign on paper. I tell you, when the world is dying, and we run out of resources, the rich pigs who spent their lives obsessed with money will starve. Those who know how to do real work will thrive. You disgusting, greedy fools, who thought nothing to help our dying civilians, just because we are enemies, will burn in the eternal fires of hell. Mark my words, you shall pay for your unprovoked invasion of our lands. You, as all capitalists do, screw over the damaged and the crippled to gain money."

OoC: Okay. :V

orders were given for MoG[Snipers] to take out anyone who appeared to gave a gun in crowds around MoC[Corp] vehicles, and the 50. machine guns and M240s attached to the back of the numerous pickup trucks began firing into the air above the heads of the rioting crowds, attempting to scare away the civilians enough to give soldiers better shots upon enemy combatants using the civilians as cover, later in the day MoG[Media] began displaying images of MoG[corp] soldiers behind the advancing PRA forces attempt to unload trucks filled with food and bottled water in town squares, not firing upon any civilians unless they are fired upon, with images of MoG[Corp] and Civilian wounded alike being taken to MoG[Corp] hospital stations set up quickly in these cities seemingly abandoned by their former government. "this is the world your government will have you live in, a world where those who possess wealth and economic freedom are demonized for wishing to provide the same freedoms to everyone around them, MoG[Corp] soldiers attempting to feed civilians are being fired upon for trying to help in your recent disaster, are these the type of people you wish to follow?"

OOC: fizzy gave me permission so i quickly RP'd the LSD, let me have my fun!

10 cruise missiles from the middle of the desert were shown on MoG[TV] streaking across the night sky towards GWA targets, with a few hundred scientists and soldiers standing shoulder to shoulder around the complex watching the new weapons on their first trial.
"MoG[Corp] will show these criminals that people only desire freedom, not stupid propaganda to turn them against their saviors. MoG[News] will be back after a quick commercial break from MoG[Cellular] the clearest choice in personal communication!..."

Edited by Mogar

Four of the five remaining military command points have surrended to MoG and PRA forces, asking that they, "not be tried for any crimes, man." Furthermore, the navy announced it will NOT be participating in the war, saying that they are currently undergoing S&R operations. They wish not to be harmed, and will turnover their ships to MoG forces when the war is finished.

The fifth command point, with some 40,000 rogue military soldiers, says they are fighting to the end. They are sieging Tlemcen, attacking it with as much force as they can.

------------------------

Four PAK-FAs on patrol caught a radar signature of four hostile aircraft heading towards them. They sped up and flew towards the threat, arming their missiles.

Edited by Fizzydog