Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1303106747' post='2692477']
LOL, you forgot the last war. But if it suits your purpose...well happy to oblige.
[/quote]
The last war would have probably be won if it wasn't for the Polar betrayal, an event that really couldn't have been predicted. But, I mean, now we all know that Polaris can never be trusted again, between that and further in the past. And look, I totally get the righteous rage against Polaris, it's well deserved.

I'll admit that it was still more ballsy of a move than, say, Sparta, MHA, or ODN will ever be capable of.

But it doesn't change the fact that you are lapdogs, who signed up with MK just as soon as you were done emptying all of your tech into them, and now follow their every command like the good little doggies you are. Now that you're sure this is the right side to be on.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303106931' post='2692480']
So once you get NPO to come out of peace mode, is TOP going to declare on them as well?
[/quote]
That's not my decision to make. I can tell you this though, speculating on hypothetical situations is a gigantic waste of time. You might want to avoid it in the future.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1303107254' post='2692484']
We're at least two or three X's removed at this point. They're just plain Hopeless now.
[/quote]
XXX Hegemony? You said it, not me.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303107803' post='2692489']
But if 2 cats have the same mother are they not siblings? or possibly the same cat?
[/quote]
You arent even pretending to deny that you will attack them again when they rebuild as was outlined in the DoW. Anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason. The precedent has been set.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1303108468' post='2692492']
You arent even pretending to deny that you will attack them again when they rebuild as was outlined in the DoW. Anyone, anytime, anywhere, for any reason. The precedent has been set.
[/quote]
I suggest you to before reply my posts ask MK if they allow you to.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303106024' post='2692467']
This is exactly like NPO in Karma. There was no fighting between Legion and TOP, the talks were being finalized, and you just weren't cool with the prospect of peace so you jumped in and opened up a new war. Legion and TOP were not at war, now they are, ergo, new war. Not a terribly difficult concept.
[/quote]
It's part of an existing war, the key distinction that you are ignoring. Opening up a new front between two participants on opposite sides of a war already in progress is not comparable to kicking off a war.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303108149' post='2692490']
The last war would have probably be won if it wasn't for the Polar betrayal, an event that really couldn't have been predicted. But, I mean, now we all know that Polaris can never be trusted again, between that and further in the past. And look, I totally get the righteous rage against Polaris, it's well deserved.

I'll admit that it was still more ballsy of a move than, say, Sparta, MHA, or ODN will ever be capable of.

But it doesn't change the fact that you are lapdogs, who signed up with MK just as soon as you were done emptying all of your tech into them, and now follow their every command like the good little doggies you are. Now that you're sure this is the right side to be on.
[/quote]

Or you're missing the quite obvious long term plan we have in place to become the world's dominant power by effectively sitting out a war whilst showing a front of support as the rest of the world nukes each other out of power. Then us, IRON and Duckroll use the weakened MK as our lapdogs as we begin to lead the new world in a period of brutal hegemony by setting a trend of forced disbandment.

Edited by kencojenko

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303108149' post='2692490']

[/quote]

This new Hopeless Coalition party line is hilarious. Like anyone is going to take [b]You[/b] serious about someone else being a lapdog.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303106124' post='2692468']
You're going to accuse of us of stalling peace talks, when we've actually accepted the terms you offered twice now only to have you change them?

OF COURSE WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT.
[/quote]
If your coalition is balking over there mere idea of efficiency clause (the oh so bad change which we are requesting, literally the only thing that needs to be finalized for peace) you obviously have no intention of paying in a timely manner. The efficiency clause should be a non-issue if you intend to pay within a reasonable time frame, as TCK has said you intend to, but your coalition is dragging it out for seemingly no reason other than to balk at something. Perhaps if you hadn't balked but instead actually negotiated with us on it the war would be over by now (for everyone who wanted it to be on your side sans NPO for three weeks).

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1303108644' post='2692494']
It's part of an existing war, the key distinction that you are ignoring. Opening up a new front between two participants on opposite sides of a war already in progress is not comparable to kicking off a war.
[/quote]
It is a giant middle finger when peace talks were on the verge of wrapping up.

It parallels the Karma incident precisely. This is an escalation of violence when peace talks are near completion.

Nobody has ever implied, besides MK and friends setting up the ol' straw-man, that you have to have a ceasefire during peace talks. But you don't deliberately expand the war when it is almost over.

It's designed as a slap in the face, you know it, we know it, so lets stop pretending. Every step of the way MK and friends have seen fit to push and break through the limits of acceptable behavior, as always. You have intentionally sabotaged the implicit trust that was building in the course of discussions with this move.

As I predicted previously, your coalition [i]continues[/i] to do everything in your power to make yourselves look bad, every goddamned step of the way.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303108839' post='2692498']
If your coalition is balking over there mere idea of efficiency clause you obviously have no intention of paying in a timely manner. The efficiency clause should be a non-issue if you intend to pay within a reasonable time frame, as TCK has said you intend to, but your coalition is dragging it out for seemingly no reason other than to balk at something. Perhaps if you hadn't balked but instead actually negotiated with us on it the war would be over by now (for everyone who wanted it to be on your side sans NPO for three weeks).
[/quote]
No, it couldn't be the fact that you're trying to set up as many intricacies as you possibly can so that you can call violations and extract additional penalties or even declare war all over again when we've rebuilt too much for your standards. No, it's surely because we have no intention of paying in a timely manner!

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303109109' post='2692501']

It parallels the Karma incident precisely. This is an escalation of violence when peace talks are near completion.

Nobody has ever implied, besides MK and friends setting up the ol' straw-man, that you have to have a ceasefire during peace talks. But you don't deliberately expand the war when it is almost over.

It's designed as a slap in the face, you know it, we know it, so lets stop pretending. Every step of the way MK and friends have seen fit to push and break through the limits of acceptable behavior, as always. You have intentionally sabotaged the implicit trust that was building in the course of discussions with this move.

As I predicted previously, your coalition [i]continues[/i] to do everything in your power to make yourselves look bad, every goddamned step of the way.
[/quote]
You know what, maybe we're just [i]bad people[/i].

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303109249' post='2692502']
No, it couldn't be the fact that you're trying to set up as many intricacies as you possibly can so that you can call violations and extract additional penalties or even declare war all over again when we've rebuilt too much for your standards. No, it's surely because we have no intention of paying in a timely manner!
[/quote]
Well then maybe your coalition should have negotiated with us for efficiency standards you thought were fair instead of essentially walking away from the table.

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1303108754' post='2692496']
This new Hopeless Coalition party line is hilarious. Like anyone is going to take [b]You[/b] serious about someone else being a lapdog.
[/quote]
I was unaware that I was viewed as the spokesperson for the entire coalition. I am honored.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303109109' post='2692501']

[/quote]

Just wondering, were you around for Karma?

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303109394' post='2692504']
Well then maybe your coalition should have negotiated with us for efficiency standards you thought were fair instead of essentially walking away from the table.
[/quote]
As far as I am aware, we were doing just that. Believe it or not, after every round of talks, TCK comes back to the coalition, posts the results of the latest chat, and we all decide where to go from there.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303109818' post='2692510']
As far as I am aware, we were doing just that. Believe it or not, after every round of talks, TCK comes back to the coalition, posts the results of the latest chat, and we all decide where to go from there.
[/quote]
No, actually, I don't believe you, because Brehon literally told me that no efficiency terms would be accepted, prior to this mess too if I recall.

Get your house in order.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303109645' post='2692508']
Just wondering, were you around for Karma?
[/quote]
I've been a part of this community for 5 years, and just because I lacked a physical presence in this world for a period of time, does not mean that I didn't keep close tabs on events as they progressed.

So it largely depends on exactly what you mean by "been around."

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303109945' post='2692512']
No, actually, I don't believe you, because Brehon literally told me that no efficiency terms would be accepted, prior to this mess too if I recall.

Get your house in order.
[/quote]
Because Brehon, a member of Pacifica, speaks for everyone who isn't in Pacifica.

Pacifica speaks for themselves, and everyone else speaks through TCK. I thought we had established that.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303110139' post='2692515']
Because Brehon, a member of Pacifica, speaks for everyone who isn't in Pacifica.

Pacifica speaks for themselves, and everyone else speaks through TCK. I thought we had established that.
[/quote]
I think Brehon has a pretty good idea of what is and is not on the table.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303110139' post='2692515']

[/quote]
If you have an issue with the New Pacific Order negotiating team overstepping their designated roles then you should seek peace separately.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303110264' post='2692516']
I think Brehon has a pretty good idea of what is and is not on the table.
[/quote]
The terms are basically in two parts.

There is the part for NPO, where you guys want to further destroy their nations in this pointless war.

And there is the other part, the extortion of everyone who isn't in NPO.

Pacificans speak for Pacifica. TCK speaks on behalf of the rest of us.

I'm not sure how to make this any more clear.

Brehon may understand what is "on the table" but he does not speak for the rest of us, TCK does.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303109407' post='2692505']
I was unaware that I was viewed as the spokesperson for the entire coalition. I am honored.
[/quote]

Considering you the spokesperson does tell a lot on how we feel about your coalition.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303110634' post='2692518']
If you have an issue with the New Pacific Order negotiating team overstepping their designated roles then you should seek peace separately.
[/quote]
I don't believe they are "overstepping their bounds." I believe you guys are taking things out of context, stretching and reaching for any straw that you can grasp.

Edited by HeroofTime55