Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303104719' post='2692455']
But, you know, I'm not part of your coalition, maybe it is all just a show and you have no intention of ever actually granting us peace?
[/quote]
They dont need to keep you at war. They can simply give you peace and attack you every time you rebuild as they would said months ago. You are their personal piggy bank and are falling for it again. Keeping you at war gets them nothing giving you peace once a year makes you their tech farm and punching bag.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303098747' post='2692356']
So you're looking for eternal war then?
[/quote]
I'm OK with this.

If you stall peace talks for two months, we're going to stop letting you take advantage of the benefits of it after a while.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303103787' post='2692447']
when they tack on ridiculous efficiency terms to try and get more cash out of the deal via penalties it slows things down.
[/quote]
The fact that you have !@#$%* peacetime slot efficiency doesn't make our efficiency requirements ridiculous. We're not going to slow down our slot usage just because you have a terrible alliance.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303104719' post='2692455']
The only goddamn thing left was to put signatures on the document, something that has been made difficult by your side making themselves scarce at every step of the way.
[/quote]
If that's the case, go ahead and put the signatures on it. Legion should be out shortly and this whole thing is irrelevant anyway.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1303105389' post='2692461']
They dont need to keep you at war. They can simply give you peace and attack you every time you rebuild as they would said months ago. You are their personal piggy bank and are falling for it again. Keeping you at war gets them nothing giving you peace once a year makes you their tech farm and punching bag.
[/quote]
If you think my favored form of entertainment is to make you post more every few months then you don't know me very well at all.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1303105534' post='2692463']
If you think my favored form of entertainment is to make you post more every few months then you don't know me very well at all.
[/quote]
Your own leadership said rebuilding their strength is a DoW

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1295928088' post='2597854']
[b]We cannot allow any chance of a return to power by the New Pacific Order.[/b] For years they ruled with an iron fist. They engineered a multitude of first strike "curbstomps," the most grossly abusive among them being the glibly named Woodstock Masscre against the Green Protection Agency. Never one to face an enemy with an even remote chance of victory, and always one to beat on the weak and the vulnerable, the New Pacific Order was a true master of the first strike attack. They could not only beat down the weak, but they had maneuvered the politics of the day such that they could do so with impunity.

[b]Maybe it's just a matter of loathing.[/b] Maybe it is because we believe that Everything. Must. Die. [b]Maybe it is because we think you deserve to burn.[/b]

[/quote]

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1303100702' post='2692405']
Yes, hitting someone who has repeatedly refused peace during a several month conflict is the same as someone spitting in their allies face by starting a war that has not begun while they are mediating.
[/quote]
Oh, you mean refused the absurd offers your side has been coming forth with? The offers they themselves admit were never meant to be accepted in the first place? Yes, shame on them!

Our coalition has been timely in all of our responses and counter-offers to proposed terms, it is YOUR side that is directly responsible for the length of time this so-called "peace" process has been dragged out.

On a related note, this goes for all of you idiots setting up straw-men, saying that "this is totally nothing like NPO, we don't have to stop fighting because of talks!!!1."

This is exactly like NPO in Karma. There was no fighting between Legion and TOP, the talks were being finalized, and you just weren't cool with the prospect of peace so you jumped in and opened up a new war. Legion and TOP were not at war, now they are, ergo, new war. Not a terribly difficult concept.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303105465' post='2692462']
If you stall peace talks for two months, we're going to stop letting you take advantage of the benefits of it after a while.
[/quote]
You're going to accuse of us of stalling peace talks, when we've actually accepted the terms you offered twice now only to have you change them?

OF COURSE WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303106024' post='2692467']
Oh, you mean refused the absurd offers your side has been coming forth with? The offers they themselves admit were never meant to be accepted in the first place? Yes, shame on them!

Our coalition has been timely in all of our responses and counter-offers to proposed terms, it is YOUR side that is directly responsible for the length of time this so-called "peace" process has been dragged out.

On a related note, this goes for all of you idiots setting up straw-men, saying that "this is totally nothing like NPO, we don't have to stop fighting because of talks!!!1."

This is exactly like NPO in Karma. There was no fighting between Legion and TOP, the talks were being finalized, and you just weren't cool with the prospect of peace so you jumped in and opened up a new war. Legion and TOP were not at war, now they are, ergo, new war. Not a terribly difficult concept.
[/quote]

Just for my own curiousity what are you looking for/trying to prove? That TOP are dishonorable? That they lied to you/people? Because seriously the former is totally perception based on a persons own beliefs so cannot ever be definatively proven one way or the other in 99% of actions and the latter....who cares? They probably lied, get over it. You were an idiot to trust em in the first place if them lying to you is something you never anticipated.

Just sayin...

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303106024' post='2692467']

[/quote]

Are you serious?!!! There was NO WAR at all when NPO hit. This is very different. I'm not going to argue semantics because it is useless. TOP was in a bad position going into Karma and was actively working with NPO to avoid the whole thing from starting.

TOP hitting Legion while they are in peace talks for several months is quite different. Spin all you'd like, but the words we said back then have no bearing on this conflict and the way it has played out. Whether they were close or not, I imagine this would just be something that would make them finish talks faster. Not start a global conflict.

EDIT: Chef, the fact you pulled TOP as liars out of his statement is just as absurd.

Edited by Chalaskan

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303101137' post='2692416']
Lapdog. Theres that word again. Perhaps you people can't get it around your thick skulls that we were fine with MK's decisions in this war and that we (as an alliance) decided to help them achieve the results they are looking for. Its a very simply concept.
[/quote]
No, we get it, what you don't get, is that translates as you being the ideal lapdog. You can mold your own opinions to whatever is most convenient to support your masters.

Except, it's inaccurate. To call you dogs is to imply that you have a sense of loyalty.

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1303106430' post='2692470']
Are you serious?!!! There was NO WAR at all when NPO hit. This is very different. I'm not going to argue semantics because it is useless. TOP was in a bad position going into Karma and was actively working with NPO to avoid the whole thing from starting.

TOP hitting Legion while they are in peace talks for several months is quite different. Spin all you'd like, but the words we said back then have no bearing on this conflict and the way it has played out. Whether they were close or not, I imagine this would just be something that would make them finish talks faster. Not start a global conflict.
[/quote]
You're right, it was different. TOP ran in Karma because they didn't feel comfortable that they were going to be on the winning side. And in this war, you know it's already won before it even began, so you have no issue trotting in to pick at the scraps like the vultures you are.

The definition of a hypocrite. The ever changing standards and doing whatever best suits you for the moment.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303106644' post='2692476']
You're right, it was different. TOP ran in Karma because they didn't feel comfortable that they were going to be on the winning side. And in this war, you know it's already won before it even began, so you have no issue trotting in to pick at the scraps like the vultures you are.

The definition of a hypocrite. The ever changing standards and doing whatever best suits you for the moment.
[/quote]

LOL, you forgot the last war. But if it suits your purpose...well happy to oblige.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303106459' post='2692472']
If you're going to stonewall peace talks now that 6 wars have been declared then you're crazy.
[/quote]
Peace suggests a fresh start free from further attacks but they will be attacked again next year when they rebuild their strength. Accepting that peace is crazy!

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303106459' post='2692472']
If you're going to stonewall peace talks now that 6 wars have been declared then you're crazy.
[/quote]
So once you get NPO to come out of peace mode, is TOP going to declare on them as well?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303106644' post='2692476']

[/quote]
No. That's not it at all really.
Again, you're wrong. That's not what a hypocrite is.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1303106750' post='2692478']
Peace suggests a fresh start free from further attacks but they will be attacked again next year when they rebuild their strength. Accepting that peace is crazy!
[/quote]

Never change, Alterego. You're probably my favorite ex-heg poster.

I'm amazed at how fast the Hopeless coalition is able to shift gears. Were you not just saying, mere days ago, that you were content to let these wars drag on forever and that we'd never be able to get you to quit short of white peace? Now that ToP is joining in on the fun, we're big, mean, and evil for hitting you just as you were about to agree with our terms?

Besides, I don't see why, if you were really going to declare peace with terms agreeable to both sides as soon as you were capable, why this matters at all. All this means is that your lapdog Legion is going to take a few more hits if you keep waffling.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1303105833' post='2692464']
Awesome, another alliance adds to the pile.

Seriously how many alliances are we fighting now? All of DH/PB/CnG, add TOP... am I forgetting anyone?
[/quote]

You want to know the difference between Your AA and mine is?

Goons actually fought the dogpile, oh and we won too.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303101137' post='2692416']
Lapdog. Theres that word again. Perhaps you people can't get it around your thick skulls that we were fine with MK's decisions in this war and that we (as an alliance) decided to help them achieve the results they are looking for. Its a very simply concept.
[/quote]

It's projection. I'm laughing at the fact that Legion and Invitica of all alliances are calling you guys lapdogs.

Edited by SADeki

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1303107112' post='2692482']
Never change, Alterego. You're probably my favorite ex-heg poster.
[/quote]
We're at least two or three X's removed at this point. They're just plain Hopeless now.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Chalaskan' timestamp='1303106430' post='2692470']
EDIT: Chef, the fact you pulled TOP as liars out of his statement is just as absurd.
[/quote]

Hmm ya know Chal your right, I was thinking he was trying to make a different point.

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1303107199' post='2692483']
Were you not just saying, mere days ago, that you were content to let these wars drag on forever and that we'd never be able to get you to quit short of white peace?
[/quote]
I am indeed content to see you succeed in your goal of producing a war you will never escape.

However, there were in fact peace talks going on seeking to prevent this from happening. Let's just say that this DoW makes it clear that I was right all along.

[quote name='SADeki' timestamp='1303107199' post='2692483']
I'm amazed at how fast the Hopeless coalition is able to shift gears. Were you not just saying, mere days ago, that you were content to let these wars drag on forever and that we'd never be able to get you to quit short of white peace? Now that ToP is joining in on the fun, we're big, mean, and evil for hitting you just as you were about to agree with our terms?

Besides, I don't see why, if you were really going to declare peace with terms agreeable to both sides as soon as you were capable, why this matters at all. All this means is that your lapdog Legion is going to take a few more hits if you keep waffling.
[/quote]
We're content to let it drag on, and I've been a vocal advocate of that. It is YOU guys who came desiring terms, so you could get your hands on reps and rebuilding funds. I've seen GOONS primary recruiting thread, and the number of newbies whining about how they're getting their asses kicked - while ironically complaining that they've been unable to collect any "pubbie tears" thus far - is astounding.

You guys are the ones who want to get out now and take our money while you still can.

Edited by HeroofTime55