Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303101361' post='2692420']
Look, I don't really like the whole "dig at the other side by throwing the lapdog word around" that both sides seem so fond of doing, but "we agree with them on everything" has to be one of the worst arguments against being a lapdog that I have ever seen.
[/quote]
I didn't say we agree with them on everything. I said we're fine with their decisions in this war which largely comes down to their decision to hit your alliance.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303101137' post='2692416']
Lapdog. Theres that word again. Perhaps you people can't get it around your thick skulls that we were fine with MK's decisions in this war and that we (as an alliance) decided to help them achieve the results they are looking for. Its a very simply concept.
[/quote]

Of course you are fine with MK decisions, that's why you became their lapdogs: you agree with everything that they do and when they consolidate their power, then you will receive your reward as obedient dogs: a green light to (try and fail one more time) destroy Polaris.

Edit: But don't worry, I'm a lapdog myself and will obey the order that I received and shut up, because it seems that by saying my opinion I'm not helping Legion find peace. :gag:

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303101014' post='2692409']
It's not like peace talks haven't reached the last stage, with specific numbers being agreed on. [/quote]

Ummm.... specific numbers were given then as well. I'll tell you what NADC specific number was. 0, nada, zilch. That was a month ago, and since then both FOK and VE attacked them, but I guess that was different because.... oh yah, it's not.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303101594' post='2692424']
Of course you are fine with MK decisions, that's why you became their lapdogs: you agree with everything that they do and when they consolidate their power, then you will receive your reward as obedient dogs: a green light to (try and fail one more time) destroy Polaris.
[/quote]

Expanding my list,

4. Allies agreeing with allies = lapdogs.

[/quote]
Apparently you do have a thick skull and can't understand simple things.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1303101726' post='2692425']
Ummm.... specific numbers were given then as well. I'll tell you what NADC specific number was. 0, nada, zilch. That was a month ago, and since then both FOK and VE attacked them, but I guess that was different because.... oh yah, it's not.
[/quote]
Are you guys really unaware of what's going on in the peace talks?

How much is MK telling its allies? We had to tell one of their MDP partners that there were peace talks going on.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303101863' post='2692430']

How much is MK telling its allies? We had to tell one of their MDP partners that there were peace talks going on.
[/quote]

Well to be honest when you are on the periphery of the utterly winning side of a war, with almost all enemies in peace mode, you don't pay as much attention.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1303101726' post='2692425']
[/quote]

Given is not a synonym for agreed. Terms being out there is not the same as the two sides having worked things out between them and being on the verge of something that can be signed.

[quote]
Nope. It's the last stage.
[/quote]

You do not reach the last stage of something when it's over. You do not reach the last stage of talks when you are no longer in them. You do not reach the last stage of a war when the war is no longer fought. You do not reach the last stage of (most) RPG games [i]after[/i] you beat the very final boss. You don't reach the last stage of a sporting event after the final whistle has been blown. The last stage is a stage - the period of time where everything is wrapped up and comes to a conclusion. The "end" is the final point of the last stage, not the first point.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303101863' post='2692430']

[/quote]

How much are your allies telling you? We had to tell you that peace talks have been going on for at least a month.

I'm going to assume you've read that hugh thread started by MK since maybe 1/4th of the replies there are yours :P Check the date of when those peace talks started.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303102574' post='2692439']
The fact that a final rep number had been agreed upon, and that all that was left for discussing was efficiency of the slots is where the peace talks were at. I'd call that a final stage.
[/quote]
Perhaps you should all work in a faster manner.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303102163' post='2692434']
Given is not a synonym for agreed. Terms being out there is not the same as the two sides having worked things out between them and being on the verge of something that can be signed.
[/quote]

"Being on the verge of something that can be signed" is not a synonym for agreed. "Given" is actually closer to "being on the verge of something that can be signed" than "being on the verge of something that can be signed" and "agreed" are. For at times "Given" is a synonym of "being on the verge of something that can be signed", while "being on the verge of something that can be signed" can never be a synonym for "agreed".

So you haven't agreed now, and you didn't then, but maybe your closer to agreeing now than you were then, but we can't know for sure until TOP steals the mind reading technology your sides seems to possess.

I seriously need to get me one of them mind reading gizmos you all have, maybe then I can understand some of the things people post here.

Edited by Khyber

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1303102186' post='2692435']
How much are your allies telling you? We had to tell you that peace talks have been going on for at least a month.
[/quote]
Err, no you didn't.

We can leave out GOONS lying about events which never happened, that's a whole different story.

@Schatt and all the people complaining about attacking "during" or at the "end of negotiations" especially Legion/NPO. You dont have to accept the terms on the table. Accepting them now would show just how submissive and passive you have become. By taking this slap in the face and submitting yourselves to their terms you will be giving up the only real thing you possess, your self respect. If you submit they will own your self respect and you will never get it back. Bin the terms & stay the course or stop the belly aching and submit yourselves now. For the record I expect you to take this slap in the face and any other humiliation they have in store.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303102648' post='2692440']
Perhaps you should all work in a faster manner.
[/quote]

when they tack on ridiculous efficiency terms to try and get more cash out of the deal via penalties it slows things down.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303103267' post='2692443']
Err, no you didn't.

We can leave out GOONS lying about events which never happened, that's a whole different story.
[/quote]

I was being facetious.

Mostly pointing out that I know for a fact that prior to the recent talks TOP and NADC have sat down to discuss peace twice, and only later were we told that they had no intentions of ever taking them even though they sat down to discuss them. This has happened over the past month and a half, and we still don't have peace. So until peace is signed we are at war, and treating it any different because peace talks are taking place is silly, as it can be another month and a half before true peace comes from it. Until then, there is a war to be fought.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303096479' post='2692291']
So you're not idiots/lapdogs/cowards you're yes-men? Have it your way.
[/quote]
Yes, we're agreeing with our allies. Something that's very normal in these days. I won't tell you how a treaty works, because you know how it works. Now why don't you think this relationship is mutual?

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1303097057' post='2692306']
You wouldn't disband (sadly), you like being MK's lapdog too much.
[/quote]
You're right. We've never been anything without MK.

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1303099381' post='2692378']
There isn't even a single TOP war on Legion, so what was the point of this? If Legion did come out of peace mode you could just as easily have declared at that point, right??? I know I must be missing something here... :unsure:
[/quote]
Look again.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303100412' post='2692402']
Who said it's upsets me? I just thinks it's amusing to see TOP acting like MK lapdogs and imitating their - should I really use this word? :unsure: -[spoiler] hypocrite[/spoiler] behavior.

Also, if you want a war with NpO so much why you don't attack us instead of waiting we make the move? All this talk about how you will wait we to recover and then attack us is becoming boring.

[OOC]Obs: For everyone else who is focusing on criticizing my english(that is admittedly worse than usual after a weekend without use it [img]http://www.eastvillagepoetry.com/lazarusgb/img/smilies/img-1219435161.gif[/img]), you should know by this time that this doesn't bother my at all. The fact that you prefer to focus on this than focus in what I (tried to) say just make me laugh. ^_^ [/OOC]

Fake edit: I'm also slow today...
[/quote]
It's not so much, that we don't want to respond we just don't know what to say. I suggest you put the drinks down and go to bed. Then re-look at this tomorrow and post. I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

[/quote]
We've destroyed Polaris's nations one time. We've also tried to destroy Polaris one time. That's makes us perfect. Again, read what I posted above.

[quote name='OsRavan' timestamp='1303098388' post='2692347']
Or you could, I dont know, actually agree to peace. If I were you, and wanted peace as badly as you seem to want to, I would sit down and NOT LEAVE until it was agreed to. You have been in talks for months, and things dont seem any closer to being done today then they were a week ago. And not much closer then a month ago.

Until something is actually agreed it is war. And the job of the alliances at war with you, legion, whoever, is to do everything in their power to *win* said war. Right up until you agree to something. Which from my perspective was no where near as close as you are implying. I dont see where you are coming from with this.

Did anyone break their word to you in either the spirit or the letter? No, not that I can see.

I freely admit i'm biased since I consider myself a good friend of MK. But that also lets me know them quite well. And the thing with MK is they are very honorable people... but what you see is what you get. If you make an agreement with them they honor it. If you dont, they are free to do whatever is in the best interest of their alliance. And like anyone else that is exactly what they will do.
[/quote]
As far as I and the rest of this coalition were concerned, we were quite close to finalizing an agreement. It was your side that insisted we go back and forth and back and forth, and we did that, and we settled on something agreeable. The only goddamn thing left was to put signatures on the document, something that has been made difficult by your side making themselves scarce at every step of the way.

But, you know, I'm not part of your coalition, maybe it is all just a show and you have no intention of ever actually granting us peace?

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1303098690' post='2692354']
Given the reactions in the thread it's obvious our actions have had the desired effect.
[/quote]
To sacrifice every last remaining thread of honor you had in front of the masses? Certainly. Mission Accomplished.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1303104463' post='2692454']
Pffft, Bob's words inspired a generation :P
[/quote]

Chefjoe is right WN, what was said in this thread is just not as catchy, or quotable as what Bob put down. No one can touch that.