Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303098340' post='2692344']
So let me see if I remember some minor event a few years ago...

There was some alliance that was chairing peace talks. When one of the alliances declared war during those peace talks, said alliance threw a fit and declared war on an ODP against the side of its MDP partners. You should never declare war during peace talks, they said.

Who was that again?

Oh yeah. $%&@ you and the horse you rode in on TOP.
[/quote]
Starting a completely new war during the middle of negotiations to keep a war from happening is totally the same as one alliance joining a front on a war already in progress. Totally.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1303098987' post='2692366']
This is the very definition of pointless.

Good luck kicking a puppy, or something along those lines. :wacko:
[/quote]
Comparing The Legion to a puppy really is unfair to puppies everywhere.

[quote name='skrewer' timestamp='1303099184' post='2692371']
lol, looks like Paradox wants their little slice of the non-existent 2.5bil reps. Don't worry guys, they're just living up to their namesake by declaring during peace talks. [/quote]
Yes that's because we've been demanding reps from alliances in this war. Oh, wait .... we haven't.

[quote]Also Hi Simon, its wonderful to see you trolling your former alliance :) ...
[/quote]
I was wondering when my former membership in the Legion was going to be thrown in my face. But let me correct you on somethings. First, I wasn't trolling the Legion. Polar, yes. Legion, no. Second, my post was an observation of all the crying this this tread. My 5 years in CN has taught me that when people cry in an announcement thread it's because what was being announced really works. Third, the guys at TOP will get a great laugh at me being called anti-Legion.

Edited by Allan a Dale
ModEdit: removed inappropriate link

[quote name='skrewer' timestamp='1303099184' post='2692371']
lol, looks like Paradox wants their little slice of the non-existent 2.5bil reps. Don't worry guys, they're just living up to their namesake by declaring during peace talks.

Also Hi Simon, its wonderful to see you trolling your former alliance :) ...
[/quote]

This conflict has taught me two things.

1. You cannot declare war on anyone that ever fought in a coalition with you in the past.
2. You cannot say anything bad about allies of an alliance you were in previously.

Anything else? Oh yes,

3. Simply saying you are in peace talks is the same as actually accepting peace and you therefore cannot be attacked thereafter, no matter how long you draw the "peace talks" out.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Allan a Dale
ModEdit: removed inappropriate link

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1303096391' post='2692288']
Oh look. TOP's attacking during negotiations. And here I thought they were against that?
[/quote]
I was attacked after alliance wide peace had been declared. How dare people attack TOP like that. Monsters.
:v:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1303099493' post='2692382']
Declaration threads are so 2010. We should get like FAN and just start wars without threads.[/quote]

It does save a considerable amount of time lying about the rationale for war, I'll certainly grant you that.

Classic. It is not like peace talks started a month ago between MK and NPO, TOP and NADC, and we still have war. Clearly we were suppose to stop fighting then because peace talks began.

I understand you guys are in a lossing war, but are you guys honestly comparing the peace talks NPO was holding during the Karma incident where there was no war going on while those talks were being held, with this? If so, bravo. I don't know why I'm impressed with the mind boggling stupidity of those here time and time again, but I am.

Oh, and was this needed? The answer for all of you is.... wait for it... I know this is going to suprise you.... NO. But guess what, lightening the burden on your allies is common practice, so there you have it.

And for those NpO questioning our courage, your free to jump in any time to show your bravory, but I hear that you guys don't knowingly enter a war where you can't switch to the winning side, so I would understand if you decide to pass on this one.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303099242' post='2692375']
Do you count Legion as a friend and ally? If this declaration upsets you so much then help them out. Afterall, your alliance isn't involved in any war and I believe it subscribes to the belief that the DH/FAN/NOR vs NPO front is a completely different war so you wouldn't be breaking in any surrender terms!
[/quote]

Who said it's upsets me? I just thinks it's amusing to see TOP acting like MK lapdogs and imitating their - should I really use this word? :unsure: -[spoiler] hypocrite[/spoiler] behavior.

Also, if you want a war with NpO so much why you don't attack us instead of waiting we make the move? All this talk about how you will wait we to recover and then attack us is becoming boring.

[OOC]Obs: For everyone else who is focusing on criticizing my english(that is admittedly worse than usual after a weekend without use it [img]http://www.eastvillagepoetry.com/lazarusgb/img/smilies/img-1219435161.gif[/img]), you should know by this time that this doesn't bother my at all. The fact that you prefer to focus on this than focus in what I (tried to) say just make me laugh. ^_^ [/OOC]

Fake edit: I'm also slow today...

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1303099973' post='2692396']
This conflict has taught me two things.

1. You cannot declare war on anyone that ever fought in a coalition with you in the past.
2. You cannot say anything bad about allies of an alliance you were in previously.

Anything else? Oh yes,

3. Simply saying you are in peace talks is the same as actually accepting peace and you therefore cannot be attacked thereafter, no matter how long you draw the "peace talks" out.

Did I miss anything?
[/quote]

Yes, hitting someone who has repeatedly refused peace during a several month conflict is the same as someone spitting in their allies face by starting a war that has not begun while they are mediating.

Also, Simon is pretty damn protective over the Legion. I honestly don't see why because it is nothing like when he was a member.

[quote name='Simon De Montfort' timestamp='1303099647' post='2692389']
Yes that's because we've been demanding reps from alliances in this war. Oh, wait .... we haven't.

I was wondering when my former membership in the Legion was going to be thrown in my face. But let me correct you on somethings. First, I wasn't trolling the Legion. Polar, yes. Legion, no. Second, my post was an observation of all the crying this this tread. My 5 years in CN has taught me that when people cry in an announcement thread it's because what was being announced really works. Third, the guys at TOP will get a great laugh at me being called anti-Legion.
[/quote]

Again, I quote [quote]Given the reactions in the thread it's obvious our actions have had the desired effect.[/quote] If your intentions were to troll Polar, they were not obviously stated in your rather ambiguous post.

That being said, my 4+ year experience in CN has taught me that there is no such thing as an honorable alliance as long as said alliance contradicts its very stance (such as declaring on an alliance in peace talks). I am not the only person who see's through the thinly veiled excuse of "coming to MK's aid" as an excuse to do what, wait in line to attack? What aid could the ever powerful MK need against a paper tiger such as ourselves, and why does it take so many alliances to keep us down? Also, what is it that you say "really works" as is evidenced by the crying in this announcement? Your vaunted experience has blinded you from seeing the hypocrisy of your alliance and the Paradoxical nature of its actions.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1303100300' post='2692401']
And for those NpO questioning our courage, your free to jump in any time to show your bravory, but I hear that you guys don't knowingly enter a war where you can't switch to the winning side, so I would understand if you decide to pass on this one.
[/quote]

I would gladly feed you a cruise missile. Just give me a reason.

[quote name='Khyber' timestamp='1303100300' post='2692401']
Classic. It is not like peace talks started a month ago between MK and NPO, TOP and NADC, and we still have war.
[/quote]

It's not like peace talks haven't reached the last stage, with specific numbers being agreed on.

[quote]
Clearly we were suppose to stop fighting then because peace talks began.
[/quote]

Clearly not bringing in more people to fight equals everybody who is already fighting suddenly stopping.

[quote name='Lady Harmony' timestamp='1303100898' post='2692408']
I would gladly feed you a cruise missile. Just give me a reason.
[/quote]

We just attacked your ally. Is that reason enough?

Guess not huh?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303100412' post='2692402']
Who said it's upsets me? I just thinks it's amusing to see TOP acting like MK lapdogs and imitating their - should I really use this word? :unsure: -[spoiler] hypocrite[/spoiler] behavior.
[/quote]
Lapdog. Theres that word again. Perhaps you people can't get it around your thick skulls that we were fine with MK's decisions in this war and that we (as an alliance) decided to help them achieve the results they are looking for. Its a very simply concept.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1303101116' post='2692413']
I'm no doctor, but the last stage of peace talks is actually agreeing to peace. Is this no longer the case?
[/quote]

If you want to get witty, then "actually agreeing to peace" would mean that the last stage is over, rather than having been reached.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303101137' post='2692416']
Lapdog. Theres that word again. Perhaps you people can't get it around your thick skulls that we were fine with MK's decisions in this war and that we (as an alliance) decided to help them achieve the results they are looking for. Its a very simply concept.
[/quote]
It's the time honored tradition of hoping that if they say it enough times people will believe them.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1303101137' post='2692416']
[/quote]

Look, I don't really like the whole "dig at the other side by throwing the lapdog word around" that both sides seem so fond of doing, but "we agree with them on everything" has to be one of the worst arguments against being a lapdog that I have ever seen.