Announcement from The Order of the Paradox

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303715266' post='2699069']
TORN basically jumped in right away because they wanted a war, and it forced NPO to follow along. Then TORN threw NPO under the bus with incredible haste, and the rest is history.
[/quote]

I could have sworn NPO tried to peace out with us before talking to TORN. Usually that means that NPO tried to throw TORN under the bus.

EDIT:
Also:

STILL waiting on that inevitable peace guys.

Edited by greatmagnus

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1303094734' post='2692221']
What kind of crap is this? Doomhouse et al [b]while talks are finishing[/b] bring another alliance in?
Peace wanted by Doomhouse et al, I await to see the response to this garbage.
[/quote]

[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1303094754' post='2692225']
What the $%&@?! What a load of !@#$.

And in the [b]middle/near-end of peace talks too[/b].
[/quote]

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303095144' post='2692241']
What, precisely, is the point of attacking an alliance you can barely even fight, [b]in the midst of it finalizing a peace deal?[/b] You can do limited damage, and cannot really effect the outcome of any peace.
[/quote]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303095349' post='2692248']
"Hey guys, [b]we just agreed on terms[/b], let's get another alliance to attack now! teehehehehe!"
[/quote]

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303096603' post='2692296']
[b]Negotiations were in the 11th hour[/b], with most major points agreed to.

There was a "no-escalation" agreement. Doomhouse seems to think this does not constitute escalation. We disagree.
[/quote]

a week later, people are still moaning about a simple war declartion. And here I thought a peace agreement was about to be reached :blink:

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1303748223' post='2699254']
I could have sworn NPO tried to peace out with us before talking to TORN. Usually that means that NPO tried to throw TORN under the bus.

EDIT:
Also:

STILL waiting on that inevitable peace guys.
[/quote]

NPO's satellites just like to regurgitate the usual perverted histories of Momma P. It's telling when they're the only ones who try bringing their version up.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1303679198' post='2698676']
Haflinger' take on Torn's roll in Karma has/had merit though.
[/quote]

Not really, because:

1. It's [i]Haflinger[/i]
2. The story he's trying to paint of the MK-TORN relationship back then has zero foundation in reality. I refer you to #1.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='trance addict' timestamp='1303751543' post='2699289']
a week later, people are still moaning about a simple war declartion. And here I thought a peace agreement was about to be reached :blink:
[/quote]

When one side of a negotiation loses trust that the other side is negotiating in good faith it does tend to slow things down some.

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1303678264' post='2698675']
Reminder: You people have actually tried to reason with [i]Haflinger[/i] for the past few pages. Are you sadists?
[/quote]

I think Haf is the sadist, actually.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1303758990' post='2699350']
When one side of a negotiation loses trust that the other side is negotiating in good faith it does tend to slow things down some.
[/quote]
What is this good faith nonsense? You don't need that in order to surrender to someone. Either you accept the proposed deal or not.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1303751713' post='2699293']
2. The story he's trying to paint of the MK-TORN relationship back then has zero foundation in reality. I refer you to #1.
[/quote]

My favourite part is where he, an outsider, tells me why I signed treaties with both TORN and NpO.

[quote name='Banedon' timestamp='1303758990' post='2699350']
[/quote]

I mean the terms are there. MK has never done anything to those that surrendered to it, so taking the terms is about as safe a bet as you can make. I have no idea what this post is for besides to attempt to put the blame elsewhere for the surrender taking forever.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1303748223' post='2699254']
I could have sworn NPO tried to peace out with us before talking to TORN.
[/quote]
You know, you already won that war. You don't need to keep on spouting the lies that nobody bought at the time.

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1303761445' post='2699373']
I think Haf is the sadist, actually.
[/quote]
There is certainly an argument to be made.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1303783758' post='2699549']
I mean the terms are there. MK has never done anything to those that surrendered to it, so taking the terms is about as safe a bet as you can make. I have no idea what this post is for besides to attempt to put the blame elsewhere for the surrender taking forever.
[/quote]
It's not MK that really is the source of concern. You do know there are other alliances in the war on your side, yes?

(The other problem is that we keep on accepting the terms only to have you guys change them. But that's a side issue.)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303787059' post='2699579']
You know, you already won that war. You don't need to keep on spouting the lies that nobody bought at the time.
[/quote]
Usually when you provide an idea that goes contrary to those accepted by the majority of the population, you have to provide some sort of evidence to support your position.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303788259' post='2699585']
Usually when you provide an idea that goes contrary to those accepted by the majority of the population, you have to provide some sort of evidence to support your position.
[/quote]
It's funny how you agree with me.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1303788259' post='2699585']
[/quote]

Ah, the oldest trick in the book. Claim your version of events is supported by some "majority", thereby granting it legitimacy. Let's forget that said majority is neither quantified, nor even particularly informed. For that matter, let's also forget how the entire proposition makes no freaking sense in the first place. Let's also forget how one very specific alliance was the target of everyone's ire and revenge - making it the actual target - and the other was completely marginalized by those who wanted to hit the first.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303644236' post='2698400']
You employed them to start the war that put you into power, and then dropped them once they betrayed most of their old allies for your benefit.
[/quote]

Well that's a new one. You really need to get your story straight. Now we were puppets actively commiserating prior to the war? Interesting. Funny how it would happen that most of the "old allies" dropped us prior to the war - hint: we lost a ton of treaties from karma side alliances before the war started. The only ones i see who dropped us as a result of that war is... oh wait its just TPF?! How weird.

Our oldest and closest allies are right where they have been, by our side in Duckroll.

[quote name='greatmagnus' timestamp='1303783758' post='2699549']
[/quote]
MK is also now under control of a new leader, Ardus, who is not MK old stock, and was never in charge during any of those past circumstances, and whose personal philosophy is that [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93789"]annihilating alliances makes them stronger[/url].

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1303788792' post='2699589']
Ah, the oldest trick in the book. Claim your version of events is supported by some "majority", thereby granting it legitimacy. Let's forget that said majority is neither quantified, nor even particularly informed. For that matter, let's also forget how the entire proposition makes no freaking sense in the first place. Let's also forget how one very specific alliance was the target of everyone's ire and revenge - making it the actual target - and the other was completely marginalized by those who wanted to hit the first.
[/quote]
You're literally defending the ludicrous and baseless assertions of Haflinger.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1303851129' post='2699902']
MK is also now under control of a new leader, Ardus, who is not MK old stock, and was never in charge during any of those past circumstances, and whose personal philosophy is that [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=93789"]annihilating alliances makes them stronger[/url].
[/quote]

Would you call Denial, myself and Stormie (all Lords) MK old stock? What about lebubu, the other Princess?

Edited by potato

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303559175' post='2697657']
So you claim. Of course you can't prove it, so you choose instead to hold a grudge against NSO because they told you not to do something that got your alliance destroyed.

That's logical.
[/quote]

Show me just one post where TOP as an alliance holds a grudge against NSO. Just one. Also, I think you and I have different definitions of the word destroyed.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303569009' post='2697722']
That was a plural you. It is clear from TOP's posts that in general the alliance holds a grudge.
[/quote]

Where are all these anti-NSO posts? I'm having trouble finding them.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1303867156' post='2700079']
Show me just one post where TOP as an alliance holds a grudge against NSO. Just one.
[/quote]
Just one?

OK let's start here.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99858&view=findpost&p=2664291

I'm not bored enough to find more. Sorry.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1303873916' post='2700135']
Just one?

OK let's start here.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=99858&view=findpost&p=2664291

I'm not bored enough to find more. Sorry.
[/quote]

I followed the link, but didn't find anything backing your point... :blink:

Edited by Chalaskan