World War RP Sign up thread

jesbro

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The conflict will have 3 initial aggressors and 3 initial defenders and anyone else who joins after the 2 teams are determined will be a neutral nation. The War will take place in the current technology era (Tanks, APC, Jets) but there will be NO WMD's.

You must post your nations: Ruler name, Nation name, What type of climate your nation is in (tropical, desert, cold, etc), what your forces consist of, and what team you are on (Agressors, Defenders, Neutral)

Soldiers Cannot have more than 5,000,000 Max (Depends on Nation Size)
Tank Cannot have more than 10,000. 1 tank needs 5 soldiers
APC and Helicopters Cannot have more than 5,000 total combined.
Jets No more than 5,000

Agressors: Eastern Empire, Ottoman Empire,
Defenders: Dragania, Drakonic Empire,
Neutral: The Free State, Alvonia

There is so far only two rules: [b]TRY TO KEEP IT REALISTIC IN FORCE NUMBERS[/b], and NO WMD (No Nukes, ICBM, or cruise missiles. I am against non conventional weapons.)

I will look for someone who wants to be a referee and says who wins and loses each of the larger battles. I will let the people in control of the nations to do their own casualties for the small firefights as long as you MAKE IT REALISTIC. There will be a poll for how the war starts once people join. You can even RP characters for different units and squads and make a war story for them like I will do more some of my squads. More will be explained in the war thread. The world this will take place on is not earth. I will use a random map generator to come up with the world map after people join in. So sign up and I will post again very soon.

[b]EDIT: [/b]We still need one more defender and one more agressor. The one ICBM rule might work, I just like doing long war RP with soldier characters instead of having people nuking it out against each other.

Edited by jesbro

Ruler: [url="http://img543.imageshack.us/i/greh.jpg/"]General Alexei Kharkov[/url]

Nation Name: Eastern Empire

Climate: Largely cold and arid

Forces: 3,300,500 troops, 4,520 tanks, 3,200 fighter jets and bombers

Group: Aggressor

Population: 1.4 billion

Government Type: Military dictatorship. It is led by General Alexei Kharkov, who has been the supreme leader of the Empire for nearly twenty five years now; while totalitarian in nature, the great advances in technology and living standards made in his regime have led to minimal actual dissent amongst the people of the Empire. Political dissent and freedom of journalism and speech is permitted--with the understanding that anti-Imperial media will probably be ignored anyway. The government has impounded into the minds of every citizen the necessity of serving the nation in any way possible, which has led to a highly ultra-nationalistic viewpoint amongst the general populace.

Capital: Eurova (population 23,000,000)

Foreign Policy: In essence, the Empire has none. In the eyes of the Empire, the entire world is its property to do as it pleases with. This has, to say the least, not been too good for its relations with other nations, who tend to get a bit miffed when the Empire's reply to concerns that its fleet has been detected near another nations' sovereign waters is "It is our territory, and therefore we may send our fleet to it as we wish". The Empire has engaged in limited foreign policy with other nations when it suits its purposes, but considers such dealings to be 'deliberations with temporary outsider governments that will soon be ousted'. Though it has seemed that the Empire would not make good on these threats, any feeling of security is about to be proven disastrously wrong.

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1303067354' post='2692033']
Ruler: General Alexei Kharkov

Nation Name: Eastern European Federation (consists of modern-day Western Russia [up to Nizhniy Novgorod Oblast], Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, Moldavia, Romania, Slovakia, Baltics)

Climate: Largely cold and arid

Forces: 1,200,500 troops, 4,520 tanks, 1,200 fighter jets and bombers

Group: Aggressor
[/quote]

Perfect. I am going to use a random map generator for this though.

Edited by jesbro

Ruler Name: Pasha Osman Bayezid Osmanoğlu
Nation Name: Ottoman Empire (Consist of Turkey, Syria, Isreal, Egypt up until the nile river, Arabia and Iraq. Or if you use a random map generator, then wherever that is. :V)
Geographical Climate: Warm
Forces: 850,000 men, 2,000 tanks, 3,500 APCs/IFVs, 1000 Helicopters, 600 Aircraft
Team: Agressor

EDIT: I'd rather not make a map, on second thought. :v:

Edited by Fizzydog

Ruler Name: Drustan McCrae
Nation Name: The Free State
Geographical Climate: Cold/Temperate
Forces: 682,690 men(active), 115,230 men(reserve), 6,640 MBTs, 6,640 APCs/IFVs, 4,820 Helicopters, 1,102 Aircraft
Population: 32.4 million
Team: Neutral

EDIT: changed the numbers slightly seeing as everyone is having huge armies :v: , and added population

Edited by Chernarussia

[quote name='jesbro' timestamp='1303073957' post='2692067']
Perfect. I am going to use a random map generator for this though.
[/quote]
...well that rather makes a mess of things. The reason I made my nation with so many troops and resources was because I intended for it to be large in landmass.

And it can't really be the Eastern European Federation if there is no Eastern Europe 0_o

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1303085289' post='2692131']
...I imagine because WMDs sort of take the fun out of a world war...
[/quote]

What if everyone got 1 that way its a stand-off for who fires it when, and at what :lol1:

Am I allowed to RP my military using WWII tech and going over the limit on how much units I can have?

I could imagine over one hundred thousand T-34s charging toward a few thousands of M1-Abrams. Quantity over Quality to the extreme. :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1303085671' post='2692134']
Am I allowed to RP my military using WWII tech and going over the limit on how much units I can have?

I could imagine over one hundred thousand T-34s charging toward a few thousands of M1-Abrams. Quantity over Quality to the extreme. :awesome:
[/quote]
I'd actually like to do a world war scenario in a fantasy world with WWII-era technology. None of this high technology cheap !@#$, just straight up strategy.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1303087894' post='2692145']
Forces: [b]3,200,000 troops[/b], 3,500 tanks, 1200 fighter jets and bombers
[/quote]
Good gods how big is your nation? 0_o I mean, there's maybe 6-6.5 million troops worldwide and half of them come from India and China (which I used as the template for my nation's troop count...but I had thought it was about 1.4 million...)

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1303086594' post='2692140']
I'd actually like to do a world war scenario in a fantasy world with WWII-era technology. None of this high technology cheap !@#$, just straight up strategy.
[/quote]
I completely agree. It would be so much more fun.

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1303089287' post='2692162']
Good gods how big is your nation? 0_o I mean, there's maybe 6-6.5 million troops worldwide and half of them come from India and China (which I used as the template for my nation's troop count...but I had thought it was about 1.4 million...)
[/quote]
I may be neutral, but I plan on RPing a highly militaristic nation that emphasizes serving, ergo most (if not all) of the nation is active military.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1303091064' post='2692177']
I may be neutral, but I plan on RPing a highly militaristic nation that emphasizes serving, ergo most (if not all) of the nation is active military.
[/quote]
My nation is exactly that (not to mention extremely aggressive as far as foreign policy goes), but honestly....3.2 million troops? That seems very far-fetched.

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='jesbro' timestamp='1303061961' post='2692001']
No more than 10,000,000 troop strength total for agressor and defender nations and no more than 5,000,000 for neutral nations that join after the conflict started[/quote]

I fail to see a problem. Plus, we'll have a random map anyway, so in truth who knows what the population densities would be like?

[quote name='Markus Wilding' timestamp='1303091951' post='2692184']
I fail to see a problem. Plus, we'll have a random map anyway, so in truth who knows what the population densities would be like?
[/quote]
I had assumed 10,000,000 troops to be a typo. But if that really is the cap, then I guess having that many troops is fine by me since it is fine by the GM XD

EDIT: Made some edits to the information of my nation, changed the name (as there is no europe >_>), military statistics, added an image of the leader, and additional information.

Edited by dotCom

[quote name='dotCom' timestamp='1303086594' post='2692140']
[/quote]
Or better yet, early 1800's technology. Rank/volley firing, inaccurate single-shot rifles/muskets, cavalry/infantry bayonet charges, oh the fun. :awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1303094677' post='2692219']
Or better yet, early 1800's technology. Rank firing, inaccurate single-shot rifles/muskets, cavalry/infantry bayonet charges, oh the fun. :awesome:
[/quote]
But...but then we have no tanks :(

Maybe it's just because I've been playing Valkyria Chronicles lately, but I've actually been feeling the urge to RP a WWII-era technology war involving strategy and tactics n !@#$.

Ruler: Emperor Maximilian II
Nation Name: Drakonic Empire
Climate: Wet and tropical
Forces: 1,498,568 troops, 2,500 tanks, 1,345 fighter jets and bombers
Team: Defenders
Population: 680,890,212
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Capital: Dragonopolis (2.4 million)

^ This is a perfect example on how many troops and vehicles each nations military is supposed to have. I didn't know exactically how big the armies were going to get if I put no limit so the 10 million thing was like a control group. This is how big each army is supposed to be. Give or take Depending on how big your land area is when I create the map tomorrow. Here is mine. I am still looking for someone who won't be in the game that can decide the winner of the larger battles. I will try to post more info tomorrow.

Ruler: Emperor Jesse
Nation Name: Draganian Empire
Climate: tropical islands
Forces: 2,498,568 troops, 3,500 tanks, 2,345 fighter jets and bombers
Team: Defenders
Population: 880,990,253
Government Type: Imperial Monarchy
Capital: Dragania City (4.5 million)

Edited by jesbro

I'll redo mine then since it's not right. I honestly did NOT expect us to have populations in the hundreds of millions... <_<

Nation Name: Ottoman Empire (Consist of Turkey, Syria, Isreal, Egypt up until the nile river, Arabia and Iraq. Or if you use a random map generator, then wherever that is. :V)
Forces: 2,554,749 men, 3,050 tanks, 3,500 APCs/IFVs, 4000 Helicopters, 800 Aircraft
Team: Aggressor
Population: 541,224,651
Capital: Constantinople

Better jesbro?

[quote name='Fizzydog' timestamp='1303147109' post='2692693']
I'll redo mine then since it's not right. I honestly did NOT expect us to have populations in the hundreds of millions... <_<

Forces: 2,554,749 men, 3,050 tanks, 3,500 APCs/IFVs, 4000 Helicopters, 800 Aircraft
Team: Aggressor
Population: 541,224,651
Capital: Constantinople

Better jesbro?
[/quote]

Perfect. We still need one more attacker and defender.