Writing a Midterm about CN- docs needed/appreciated

AngolaThree

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1303016332' post='2691819']
Other things to consider is the fact that nuclear weapons are not a deterrent style weapon as in RL.
[/quote]

I would reword that as "Are no longer a deterrent" There was a large time period in CN when nuking in a global war was considered bad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cager' timestamp='1303152659' post='2692761']
I would reword that as "Are no longer a deterrent" There was a large time period in CN when nuking in a global war was considered bad.
[/quote]

This is true but at the same point they were never truly a deterrent. If someone had nukes others would attack said nation regardless of nukes. This is quite different from the Cold War era in RL. The US nor Russia would only attack each other using proxy wars but never directly mostly because of the nuclear arsenal of both nations. Even when nuking was considered bad, it was a mockery of RL since you would still attack a nation with nukes.

[quote name='AngolaThree' timestamp='1303059653' post='2691991']
First round of interviews are done (with NPO and LSF members), still need GPA, GATO, MCXA, and a Vox alumni.

Currently it's about 1,500 words with ten citations, I'm looking to double that.
[/quote]
You should take a look at the UPS 2.0 vs EGS incidents. Those were very exciting, and one of the first times GATO ever did anything in a 48 hour timespan.