4th anniversary of the NAAC disbandment

Blacky

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1303413962' post='2695741']
I'm not sure if Jack Diorno's little charade counts as an actual reformation.
[/quote]
In fact if I remember correctly, Jack did it to antagonize former NAAC members who had been saying that NAAC was dead and would never reform.

-Bama

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='8 Mile' timestamp='1303239824' post='2693791']
After looking at the successful rebirth of VE, I'm surprised AirMe hasn't tried to re-make what was lost. I'm sure many would join his cause, including myself. They would cause an immediate impact on Planet Bob upon reformation.
[/quote]
You don't refound alliances.

Dark days. I fought alongside NAAC in GWII, and against them in GWIII, and if there is one thing you could say for NAAC it was that they always gave it everything they had. In the first week of the war they'd burn up every resource at their disposal, throw every nation at GOONS or NpO in a bid to deliver a knockout blow. If they didn't succeed, they went down hard for it. GG NAAC, may you rest in peace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mack Truck' timestamp='1305606972' post='2713465']
I think I prefer BJ sticking around.
[/quote]

As would I, however he doesn't need to poo poo on every "celebration" thread that a defunct alliance has. I would get it if this were ACID, Browncoats (sorry Schatt) or someone else, but the NAAC was pretty important in it's day and a lot of us are still around.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1302824188' post='2690831']
VE/GGA is a prime example of what became a largely diplomatic chess game.
[/quote]
Shame you tipped your king a day after the war began.

Speaking of alliances that disbanded during war... I can't say I really have a lot of respect for NAAC, and I'm an old enough fart to have been around way back then, hell I was guilty of rooting for Aegis. I just don't like weak alliances that disband in the face of hardship, what can I say. It's nothin' personal.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305717162' post='2714277']
Shame you tipped your king a day after the war began.

Speaking of alliances that disbanded during war... I can't say I really have a lot of respect for NAAC, and I'm an old enough fart to have been around way back then, hell I was guilty of rooting for Aegis. I just don't like weak alliances that disband in the face of hardship, what can I say. It's nothin' personal.
[/quote]
Your intricate knowledge of the situation that led to their disbandment is clear.