4th anniversary of the NAAC disbandment

Blacky

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1302804712' post='2690677']
Not you. That's for sure.
If you left the face of the cyberverse nobody would be talking about you after 4 days, let alone 4 years.
[/quote]

Because people would be able to [b]let me go[/b] unlike what you NAACers seem to be able to do.

I find the detractors in this thread baffling. NAAC was before my time but just a half look around will show how many alliance leaders around Bob came from there. NAAC made a massive contribution to this game, both as NAAC and continuing long after NAAC ceased to be an alliance.
If I have contributed half as much to planet Bob as quite a few of these have by the time I leave I'll be proud.

NAAC was one of the better allied alliances I've ever had the pleasure of working with. While I do agree that these anniversary threads are getting a little tired and somewhat lame, I don't see why people have the need to come in here and do nothing but criticise. Particularly if they weren't even here in the Cyberverse when NAAC existed.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1302827344' post='2690853']
And yet this thread discusses an event that's far more important to the history of CN than virtually every other anniversary thread from any active alliance out there.
[/quote]
Indeed it does. I wasn't around at the time of NAAC but I've read up on my history. :o

as a member of an alliance that prospered because of the NAAC and the close ties we had to eachother, it was sad day to see the NAAC fall. they may be gone but there influence is still around, i mean its not hard to go find someone who was NAAC at one point.

[quote name='Rugby' timestamp='1302838568' post='2690934']
Shout out to Jimmy K, former NAAC'er and MHA founder.

o/
[/quote]

I remember reading on the NAAC forums when he made the post saying he was leaving and the name of his alliance. I remember remarking "what a strange name for an alliance, thats going nowhere".

Guess you proved me wrong.

[quote name='Rambo' timestamp='1302836259' post='2690922']
NAAC was and always will be one of the greats. They truly stood for something.

In CDS's time I was proud to call them my allies and friends.

o/
[/quote]
This post adequately displays what i have to say on the subject.
NAAC kept my alliance alive, LUE did the same thing the next time around, and i kept the sinking ship that was left over after GW3 together until the UjW, NAAC is seriously one of the greatest alliances that existed in the cyberverse.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1302847394' post='2691011']
The alliance existed for like 20% of this games history. No one cares anymore.
[/quote]

If "no one" as you stated cares, then why is there a topic to begin with?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1302826391' post='2690849']
The NpO was formed specifically to kill the NAAC by bleeding it's members away. Didn't work btw. Neither of those other rivalries, while great, reached that level. In the end, really the only thing that destroyed the NAAC was our martyr complex that we had.
[/quote]
The other rivalries may not have had that specific purpose, but they've lasted much longer (thanks in large part to NAAC's martyr complex and "hurr LUE 2.0") and had much bigger impacts on the course of global events after the Third Great War.

These kinds of threads are really stupid and pointless. This one is no exception.

[quote name='Ameris' timestamp='1302848516' post='2691018']
If "no one" as you stated cares, then why is there a topic to begin with?
[/quote]

How many people does it take to make a stupid topic?

Edited by Jens of the desert

I still miss the alliance. It was one of those interesting dramas that things today cannot compare to. In fact, the old Cyber Nations (pre-2008) is 95% better than this current incarnation. Most old players like myself have stayed around only for their alliances and friends, not the actual game its self.

o/ NAAC

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302880536' post='2691114']
I'm actually kind of disappointed with how few former NAAC members are still active. I would have guessed there were many more. Or perhaps they just missed this thread... :/
[/quote]

Given the attrition rate this world has seen the former NAAC population has probably declined with the same rate that the world population has declined. A lot are still around but don't post or come to the forums anymore. I know a few that just gave up on the forums all together.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1302881547' post='2691118']
These kinds of threads are really stupid and pointless. This one is no exception.[/quote]
I don't think so. I think these thread serves as an important reminder for what once was. It also gives people an opportunity to recall fond memories and to reflect on a pivotal time in history. As far as many nations are concerned, the NAAC represented an important force akin to a nursery for what would become of their nations. I think once a year friend and foe alike can come together and pay tribute to this important force, and as such that ultimately serves as it's purpose.

Edited by Blacky