4th anniversary of the NAAC disbandment

Blacky

4 years ago from today after the hardships endured in the defense of an ally, the NAAC disbanded. There were a plethora of reasons which lead to the disbandment of the NAAC, for example; the lack of trustworthy alliances which existed at the time, the unjust surrender terms which would have disgraced the NAAC's name, and the realization that the NAAC as it was could not continue to exist in what the world had become.

Now, 4 years on we commemorate all that the NAAC stood for. For glory, for honor, for truth, for courage, for friendship and for loyalty.

However the NAAC did not fade into the darkness. To this day a part of the NAAC lives on it's ex-members, in the aftermath of it's bravery, and in the memories of all those who played some part in the greatness of the NAAC or those who witnessed it. The NAAC lives on through it's flag which flies freely.

I want to leave you all with a message that has stood the test of time, remaining as an existing blue team message for 4 years now. As potent as the day it was written.

St Heliers (14th of April, 2007) "many of you will be aware the NAAC disbanded on the 14th of April 2007. NAAC was the longest standing and for much of its existence the premier alliance of the Blue Team. Its disbandment can be mainly attributed to the stresses that Great War III brought to the membership of the NAAC. I think I speak for most blue team members when I say this is a sad day for the blue team."

Glory to the NAAC.
May she live on in our memories forever.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to go by the name Siphai and the NAAC was my home from October 2006 until its disbandment. I served as the Minister of Recruitment. NAAC will always be the greatest alliance to me, the best collection of friends you could find. May the National Alliance for Arctic Countries live on.

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1302798364' post='2690621']
Gone and...who are you talking about again?
[/quote]
Not you. That's for sure.
If you left the face of the cyberverse nobody would be talking about you after 4 days, let alone 4 years.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1302803898' post='2690664']
honestly i'm surprised that NAAC hasnt reformed yet
[/quote]

It won't. Trust me, there have been attempts.

I will remember the NAAC fondly. It is what got me involved in the community of this game. Plus, the NAAC/NPpO rivalry is the best this game has ever seen.

Something that happened before my time, but judging by all the love in this thread they must have been good folks. I'm quite disappointed to have missed it, to be honest. Sounded like fun.

o/ NAAC

Also: Blacky... get more active! :awesome:

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1302817981' post='2690781']
It won't. Trust me, there have been attempts.

I will remember the NAAC fondly. It is what got me involved in the community of this game. Plus, the NAAC/NPpO rivalry is the best this game has ever seen.
[/quote]
LUE/NPO would like to have a word with you.

VE/GGA is a prime example of what became a largely diplomatic chess game.

Edited by Ardus

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1302823662' post='2690825']
That. Seriously. Everyone who was in NAAC has literally been in another alliance for four years at this point. The alliance itself barely lasted a year. Move on.
[/quote]

U mad? Seriously. No one asked you to post. Let us have our little annual memorial thread and be on your merry way.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1302824188' post='2690831']

[/quote]

The NpO was formed specifically to kill the NAAC by bleeding it's members away. Didn't work btw. Neither of those other rivalries, while great, reached that level. In the end, really the only thing that destroyed the NAAC was our martyr complex that we had.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1302824188' post='2690831']

[/quote]
I wasn't around, but I am guessing what added to the NAAC/NpO rivalry was the fact that it was all based for the dominance of the Blue sphere. That adds a whole other element into the rivalry.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1302823662' post='2690825']
That. Seriously. Everyone who was in NAAC has literally been in another alliance for four years at this point. The alliance itself barely lasted a year. Move on.
[/quote]
And yet this thread discusses an event that's far more important to the history of CN than virtually every other anniversary thread from any active alliance out there.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1302827344' post='2690853']
And yet this thread discusses an event that's far more important to the history of CN than virtually every other anniversary thread from any active alliance out there.
[/quote]
That says more about the calibre of current alliances than it does about NAAC