Där vill jag leva

Kaiser Martens

Although Sweden had voted to remain independent while under Germanic protection, for a long time, no proper leadership seemed to have been able to rise out of it all. Some had made democratic attempts, but the people at large had been apathetic to such things, the Nationalism was there but a Government proper was not.

The German Trium Lady von Glücksburg travelled to Värmland to meet some of the Swedish Nobility, as she was a noble herself it seemed to be suitable to try to find somebody to rule the land that way. Maybe a King, maybe a Queen...someone in the nation had to be capable of doing the job.

She now sits in a room of a small palace, an Einherjar bodyguard by the door, and had been told that the local Nobility was going to be sending someone of their choosing to discuss the formalization of the battered Sweden, which had seen its economy and country proper collapsing, crumbling without even a fight going on.

Princess Madeleine's noble blood, amid much of the remaining Swedish nobility, remained on touchy ground in Sweden itself. The Swedes had opted out of a monarchy in favor of a democracy in the past, only to watch the attempt bumble and fail, and give way for annexation by the Norwegians. Many of the aristocracy and nobility viewed the westernized democratic attempts as 'foolish' for those who considered themselves part of the bureaucracy at the time. Rather than taking any definitive action to change Sweden from this course, the nobles had made the mistake of letting it continue as it appeared to be 'what the people wanted'.

Princess Madeleine now saw that as a horrible mistake, as did much of the other nobility. There had not been action taken by the nobles, and Sweden paid for it. Thinking of the past, and the idleness of her brothers and sisters and among them herself, made her upset. In some occasions, it even brought her to tears.

However the past had gone, an opportunity had presented itself. She felt the ridges of the envelope that she had received, and lightly rubbed the gold-lining. The note inside was an official notice from the German government from an aristocrat within their nation, offering a meeting. The remaining details seemed to be absent beyond that. While she was a bit sketchy of the contents, she was willing to take the risk to meet with this noble. The collapse of Sweden had ignited a flame in the hearts of the Swedish commonfolk and the nobility that hadn't been seen in ages. The spark of nationalism that once again existed put a smile on Princess Madeleine's face. Despite the farces of Sweden's past, a chance to correct the course of her beloved nation, if their ever was a time, existed now. Meeting with this noble from Germany could prove to be far more interesting than she thought.

With light, proper steps she walked towards the small palace that had been chosen as the place of meeting. A guard in familiar armor, that of the German Einherjar, stood by the entryway. Showing him the letter, and bowing respectfully, she made her way past the guard and into the room. Upon entering the room, she noticed a single woman sitting on a couch in the center-left of the room. Making her way over to the woman, she chose the nearest seating to her.

"Allow me to introduce myself, Ma'am, as Crown Princess Madeleine. It's absolutely lovely to meet you."

She spoke in perfect Swedish,

"I am honored to meet you, too." - She stands up in order to shake hands, and then returns to the old position while some servants start to bring forth some snacks and drinks in silver trays. "Ingrid von Glücksburg, technically of Denmark, Norway, and a part of Germany, but we do not use such denominations anymore. I am simply one of the Althing's Triumvirate Members. Well, you might not be entirely certain why I wanted to speak to your House."

She takes a coffee. "The fact of the matter is that Sweden is a beheaded animal. We need to find a head that matches the body, and so far, we have been unable to do so. We want to save this Nation without needing to annex it...therefore we looked back to tradition and we figured that you or another person might be able to step up."

Madeleine sat quietly and listened to what Ingrid had to said, entranced further by her understanding of Swedish.

She took the coffee that had been placed on the table beside her, and took a single sip before returning it to it's tray.

"I was a little concerned at first as to why you contacted my house, but now I feel a little more comfortable. What you say is true, and your words ring with a sense of truth to them as well. I have a feeling that we can cooperate on this matter, Miss Ingrid. On the matter of Sweden... the country has been left in an almost anarchistic state as of the last couple of years. The people have been indecisive and pondered many methods of going about a nation-state, none of which has proven to be the 'right' way for us, at least not yet. However, the time is right for a return of the blue and yellow Nordic Cross, albeit in a more traditional and noble fashion. My people are finally within the right kind of mindset that they've lacked these many past years. They are nationalistic as ever, and are raging in a fervor because of it. The return of a monarchistic system is only natural as such. Success can only be found in such a system at this point, as democracy has only proven to fail us, and the few and far between false nobles of the past have turned their tails like cowardly wolves and run.

What I envision for my beloved Sweden is something of a grand, yet traditional scale. I wish to see the monarchy and the crown restored. I do not wish to eliminate democracy from the system, however, and will allow a congress of some sort which the people are free to hold elections for. If such an endeavor fails, I would take the only logical path and dissolve it, giving way to an absolute monarchy as many nations in the past and even some in the present practice.

As for the representation of the nobility at this meeting, I'm the only one who had the courage to come forth today."

She waited for Ingrid to speak, curious to hear her response.

She listens very carefully, with a serious face, occationally sipping from the coffee cup. She does not interrupt until it is all said, then she puts the cup down.

"Yes. The Crown is the only institution which has been able to live through the many changes. Therefore, it should at this time be a beacon of stability. We are prepared to grant Sweden independence, without Nordheim, and there is also an Oresund Strip that we have annexed for baltic control and regulation. But essentially it is all of the Swedish core land. We will recognize the Crown's sovereignty, and if you choose to install a partially democratic system so be it so long as the Crown - the head - is indeed stable. Before in the democratic Sweden, things had been quite bad. They had started to do unconventional policies such as inviting a great deal of foreigners to the land on the name of equality, it only resulted in the locals rioting after their new neighbors' ongoing abuses being sponsored by the government...democracy is not a bad thing in itself, if it has a firm anchor so not to be carried away by any wind into unforseeable situations...ultimately anarchy..."

"The Gold and the Blue will be seen again. There is only one condition - that we have a mutual defence pact. We would consider ourselves to be irresponsible if we were in no position to help Sverige eventually if it happened to need us. That has been our whole goal in the Scandinavian Intervention: To stabilize and continue the friendship tradition, for what is good for you is good for ourselves and then good for Europe."

"Anarchy is something I look forward to preventing at every cornerstone it may arise from. Every governmental system is fundamentally flawed, and humans are naturally easy to corrupt. It's just in our nature. However, I at least understand this much and try to avoid it at every given opportunity. I look forward to strengthening the crown while maintaining the facade of democracy. It may not actually be a facade, but until it becomes concrete and shows to be working without major flaws, it's almost as if it is such, anyways.

I do admit Ma'am, our conversation thus far has been pleasant. You have proven, in my eyes, to be a honest representative of the German state. As such, I can tell that you truly wish to see my country revived, or that your nation truly wishes it to exist. Either way, I view this with a very positive glance and wish to carry forward from here. Allow me to commend your efforts, and accept your proposals, not as Crown Princess Madeleine, however. I hereby accept your proposals, rather, as the head of the House of Bernadotte, or on an even larger scale set for the future, [i]Drottnig[/i] Madeleine of the [i]Konungariket Sverige[/i]."

She smiled, looking forward to the response from Ingrid. The coffee, slowly becoming lukewarm at this point, would have to hold her patience in the meantime.

"Good. Very good." She says and quickly finishes the coffee when she notices it not being that hot any longer.

"Then you may officially declare independence as well as our mutual defence understanding at your convenience. Sweden will rejoin Europe's family."

The meeting trascends to press. Next morning, the Runic Prints start to craft out newspapers regarding the meeting, even though they have as of yet a means of confirming the rumor, it seems believeable enough that already people are seen with - additional - Runic banners in several zones of Sweden. Many Yellow-Blue flags are seen, but also many pairs of Swedish Flags by Germanic Union flags. Everybody expected things to be announced.