TOOL Announcement

Salmia

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302484798' post='2688178']
Kinda strange wording; does it mean that TOOL has to start sending tech now but won't get paid for three months?

That seems unlikely but it is what it literally says.

Anyway, good luck TOOL.
[/quote]
No, "payment" refers to our tech payment. In other words, the tech deals do not start for 3 months.

-Bama

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1302484995' post='2688181']
HoT to complain how TOOL is an eternal tech farm to MK in 5...4...3...2...1...
[/quote]

If we're lucky, he'll will lose Internet connectivity a few moments after the EMP weapon I've just launched detonates over his nation.... :ph34r:

...and in case it wasn't obvious...

Good luck rebuilding, TOOL.

Mia. :wub:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1302484798' post='2688178']
Kinda strange wording; does it mean that TOOL has to start sending tech now but won't get paid for three months?

That seems unlikely but it is what it literally says.

Anyway, good luck TOOL.
[/quote]
Never ever try to interpret other alliances' terms because you will always be wrong.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1302483974' post='2688164']
The tech is being paid for, not extorted for peace so that's a plus.

I guess I'm just not getting why the need for the terms at all, tbh. It's not like either Umbrella or MK are hurting for tech or dealers of tech.
[/quote]
The point is to tie up aid slots. Although that's totally eliminated by the 3 month delay, which holds even if the rest of us get white peace tomorrow, so, idk. PB and Doomhut have already proven their ineptitude at writing terms on multiple occasions now, so whatever. Maybe the "spirit" is once again something radically different from what the text says.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1302489227' post='2688244']
The point is to tie up aid slots. Although that's totally eliminated by the 3 month delay, which holds even if the rest of us get white peace tomorrow, so, idk. PB and Doomhut have already proven their ineptitude at writing terms on multiple occasions now, so whatever. Maybe the "spirit" is once again something radically different from what the text says.
[/quote]
Why would you even bring that up if you obviously see it's not tying up their slots? To try and make us look like morons who don't know what we're asking for?

Edited by Drai

[/quote]

Does this post have a point? You bring up a possibility, admit it is completely wrong, then, from your non-existent premise, reach [i]two[/i] unrelated conclusions.

In other news: Congrats to both our alliances for peace, I had some capable TOOL opponents this war, so good for all of you!

The point is to tie up aid slots. Although that's totally eliminated by the 3 month delay, which holds even if the rest of us get white peace tomorrow, so, idk. PB and Doomhut have already proven their ineptitude at writing terms on multiple occasions now, so whatever. Maybe the "spirit" is once again something radically different from what the text says. [/quote]

In other words...

You don't get it either. It's easy to say, honest. :awesome:

Also, I would attribute many attributes to DH, "inept" is not one of them.

[quote name='Lord Boris' timestamp='1302484345' post='2688170']
If you go by the letter of the signed terms, there is no time limit that I can see. Only limit or timeframe given is that the deals won't start for 3 months.

All in all, could certainly be worse terms (and beyond all doubt worse ones were attempted to be pushed prior to the ones that were actually agreed to rolled out).
[/quote]
With no end TOOL is essentially going to be a tech farm to MK. TOOL's large nations will suffer from having to go outside the alliance to find dealers or if TOOL is lucky and they actually have an active low tier that can pay off 26k tech fast. Otherwise, TOOL is essentially going to be out even from the next war because I doubt they will be able to transfer 26k to MK in a years time. This is a bad deal. Good luck to TOOL in getting this paid any time soon.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1302482682' post='2688149']
[color="#0000FF"]26,000 tech is absolutely ridiculous. I am aware that you came in through a chain, yet MK is still the party that started this war. Although they will be getting their tech, none of it is justified.[/color]
[/quote]

Yes, tech deals the horror. Truly this is the story that you'll be using to haunt your children for years to come

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1302490922' post='2688273']
With no end TOOL is essentially going to be a tech farm to MK. TOOL's large nations will suffer from having to go outside the alliance to find dealers or if TOOL is lucky and they actually have an active low tier that can pay off 26k tech fast. Otherwise, TOOL is essentially going to be out even from the next war because I doubt they will be able to transfer 26k to MK in a years time. This is a bad deal. Good luck to TOOL in getting this paid any time soon.
[/quote]

A years time? NPO Tech Corps must be slipping. 26,000 tech is 260 deals. 52 nations doing 5 deals each could pay that off in a month. Lets be more realistic, TOOL has around 30-35 nations in tech selling range and they probably wont all be doing 5 deals. Say it averages out to 3 deals per nation. 30 nations doing 30 deals a month, 9k tech moved a month. A little under 3 months to pay off 26,000 tech which is being paid for by MK nations. Hardly punitive

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1302491770' post='2688298']
Yes, tech deals the horror. Truly this is the story that you'll be using to haunt your children for years to come
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never said the terms were draconian. I simply said MK doesn't deserve tech.[/color]