I have a problem with my nation

darkjustice9

For the past few days i am trying to collect money. It keeps taking away money when I pay the bill but not giving money back when I collect tax. I don't know why its doing this.

Total Collection Amount $283,507.80
Total Cost of All Bills $269,896.21

See I should be making some money back like 14k but my money keeps going down . Can anyone help me please
Totalitarian State is my goverment my tax rate is at 28%

Do you mean the amount displayed on the collection page isn't the amount you're getting, or it's just falling down constantly?

At your infrastructure level, you should be aiming for more than a 14k a day profit. Buy 15 technology, delete the clinics and hospital and buy 2 more banks and fill the rest with stadiums and you should see a significant increase in your collections. 5 banks and 5 stadiums are the best way to go after you have your harbour, foreign ministry and factories.

Edited by Stanton

1. get your last trade filled. With your resources you could easily get into a 3br.

2. Edit your government positions. The nation building guide on these forums can help with those.

3. Get more tech.

4. What Stanton said is half right. Be careful if you do choose this route as deleting the clinics and hospital will lower your population and decrease the amount of improvement slots you have.

I think the reason why your collection amount keeps changing is because you are sending out tech. It will change the collection amount unless you buy back another 50.

• 1 month later...

I've got a serious problem...
I've asked members of my Alliance for help, and they can't figure it out, either!
I am WillyPete, ruler of Heroic: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=270249

Five days ago, I logged in, collected my taxes, and found out that, somehow, I did not have enough money to pay my bills.
This continued the next day, even after accepting a 3 million dollar payment for a Tech transfer!
Mind you, I've been playing for a long time, now, and had not made any significant changes in the way I play.
At that point, I did make a big mistake, and sold off my Labor camps to try and reduce expenses, which made things worse!
I have sold off troops and infrastructure, trying to reduce expenses, to little effect.
I don't know how this happened in the first place, nor do I have any idea how to correct it.
Is there a problem with my Nation, and the way it's being administered, or is this due to the way I've played the game?
Is there any way of telling?
Please advise...
My interest payments, alone, are over 1.5 million per day, and I now owe more than 16 million more than I have collected!

[quote name='WillyPete' timestamp='1307671118' post='2728323']
I've got a serious problem...
I've asked members of my Alliance for help, and they can't figure it out, either!
I am WillyPete, ruler of Heroic: http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=270249

Five days ago, I logged in, collected my taxes, and found out that, somehow, I did not have enough money to pay my bills.
This continued the next day, even after accepting a 3 million dollar payment for a Tech transfer!
Mind you, I've been playing for a long time, now, and had not made any significant changes in the way I play.
At that point, I did make a big mistake, and sold off my Labor camps to try and reduce expenses, which made things worse!
I have sold off troops and infrastructure, trying to reduce expenses, to little effect.
I don't know how this happened in the first place, nor do I have any idea how to correct it.
Is there a problem with my Nation, and the way it's being administered, or is this due to the way I've played the game?
Is there any way of telling?
Please advise...
My interest payments, alone, are over 1.5 million per day, and I now owe more than 16 million more than I have collected!
[/quote]

At this point it's hard to say exactly what the initial cause of your problem was. I see you're missing a trade; undoubtedly one with Fish which cost you AP which is an important source of income for your nation. Given your extremely high infrastructure levels even after you've deleted some and the lack of wonders; the trade could have been enough to put you into a negative balance particularly since your resources provide no infrastructure bill reductions nor are you receiving much of the possible tech reduction. So you've been paying nearly the max possible in infrastructure upkeep. This has now been compounded by the deletion of the Labor Camps which has had the effect of basically doubling your bills since infrastructure upkeep makes up virtually your entire bills. Not sure what you mean by interest payments. Interest on bills is capped at $5,000.

There are no easy solutions to the problem. The first thing you need to do is find a Fish trade. The Fish alone is costing you loss of 13.4% of your tax paying citizens. Fixing that will go a long way to resolving your problems. It will also tell you whether you need to take any hard medicine like drastically reducing your infrastructure levels. Once you have the trade you'll know whether your income is still in the red or whether it's in the black. Obviously if it's still in the red, you're going to have to dump most of your infrastructure down to a point where you're making money. This will not only reduce your overall bills, but the maintenance costs per point of infrastructure. Then you can slowly accumulate your way out or get some aid help from your alliance. If you're in the black you have options depending on how big a surplus you're making every day. If it's small, best to seek some help from your alliance in the way of aid. If it's healthy amount, you can simply save your way out until you can pay your bills.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1307683169' post='2728451']The Fish alone is costing you loss of 13.4% of your tax paying citizens.[/quote]
Where does the .4% come from?