If I Go Crazy Then Will You Still Call Me Superman?

Michael McBride

It had all started with the Austrians. Riots here and there. nothing that the government felt was serious. But instead of petering out, the riots sustained themselves. And after more inaction by the government, they grew. Stongholds for Harland and Sinclair grew more vocal... and more powerful. Calls to overthrow the "foreign Emperor", calls that would have been unheard of just months ago, grew in size and veracity. Once effigies of the Emperor begin being burned, police began stepping in. But the police crackdowns only made the protests grow even more.

The Emperor controlled the media and internet, but the foes working against him knew those same mediums and the pathways through them very well. Sites promoting protests began being shutdown, and just as quickly popped back up with all information intact. Other sites from servers outside the Empire, slithering through every tiny crevice and loophole, began popping up, all with the same message: kick the European nations out of America. And after that, another message: Kick the Emperor out of the Empire.

But those sites were nothing compared to the announcement that came on April 9th.

Florida, parts of Georgia, approximately half of Pennsylvania, and the majority of the upstate part of York, proclaimed their independence from the Empire. They renamed themselves the Sovereign Americanized States. There was no leader at the beginning, though the views those people touted were very similar to those of the Harland/Sinclair regime. Mysteriously, both of those men had disappeared. Regional capitals for the new country were established in Syracuse and Orlando.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/That_Bum/revolution1copy.png[/img]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The United Kingdom's Western region had a long standing base in Miami, Florida. When news of the independence of Florida reached Dublin, King Dinsmore ordered the immediate deployment of the French Foreign Legion specifically the 6th legion under the command of Field Marshal the Marquis du Ponce. The Foreign Legion would bolster the 24th Royal Airborne division currently stationed in Miami. Troop transports were loaded and were shipped off to the Miami base from Dunkirk, France.

The Miami base was completely locked down any non-U.K. citizen was kicked out of the base immediately upon hearing the independence news. After speaking with their King, the Airborne division would try to make contact with a senior member of the newly established nation. If no one could be found, they would report back to Dublin immediately.

OOC: The 6th Legion is comprised of 10,000 soldiers.

Residents in the Empire were on edge. Residents in the new "Sovereign Americanized States" were nervous. Riots and conflicts were breaking out in both countries. Obviously, not everyone in the "Sovereign Americanized States" wanted to leave the Empire, and not everyone in the Empire wanted to stay there.

Early estimates had shown approximately 80,000 troops pledging their allegiance to the new Sovereign Americanized States. That left them outnumbered about 4 to 1. Approximately ten squadrons from the Air Force, all various types of planes, had also pledged allegiance. That left those planes out numbered about 6 to 1. There had been no open conflict between the militaries yet, but the tension throughout the land was palpable.

One day after the declaration of independence from the Empire by the States, Emperor Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson made a televised address. MediaCorp was able to force the signal through to televisions in the SAS as well, and the broadcast interrupted all regularly scheduled programming.

"Citizens of the Empire, even the so-called Sovereign Americanized States, because you are still a part of the Empire whether you think so or not, we stand today on the precipice of a larger conflict. Rogue elements have chosen to try and split the Empire over disagreements in policy decisions rather than work within the system they created. They will fail."

"I call upon those loyal to the Empire, unfortunate enough to be living among traitors, to do everything in your power to resist this movement. The leaders of these "Sovereign Americanized States" have 48 hours to cease their traitorous movements and return the fold, or we will take military action."

"We do not live in the age of generations past. Policies must change along with the world, or risk being swept away by the world at large. There is no reason --"

The transmission suddenly cut off. There was static for a moment and then a new face appeared on the screen, one that was most familiar to the people of the Empire, and to the world. Sir Michael Harland.

"Ah, but there is a reason, dear Thomas." Harland leaned back in his chair. "Please know that I did not start this revolution, but it has called me to lead it, and I shall accept that leadership position. I was a fool to appoint you to the throne, Thomas. You are weak. You are not ready to lead. You are ready to hand over North America to the beasts and sluts, simply so you can increase your own power. Have you no shame, no morals?"

"You are a false Emperor, Thomas. You are a foreign Emperor. You shame the title, held by great men before you. You shame your own name with your actions, Thomas. Your father would not have approved."

"To those living within the Empire who oppose this false Emperor and what he stands for, I tell you to violently resist the crackdown that we all know is coming. We will be coming soon enough to help you, I promise. To the world, I ask for your support to overthrow this illegitimate government, this government that would allow foreign nations to run rampant on the North American continent. Europe for Europeans, Asia for Asians, and North America for North Americans. The Sovereign Americanized States will not be happy until every foreign nation holding land in North America is driven out. And we will make it so."

"Save yourself the 48 hours, Thomas. We aren't going anywhere. You want us, come and get us." With that, the transmission ended and screens across the nation plunged into darkness.

After the publicized exchange between Harland and Atkinson-Asgeirsson the Federation had basically had its side picked for it. While the Federation was a long ally of Pravus Ingruo, one side of the civil war seemed to be indicating it would go to war with the Federation over what it had previously recognized: Fort Beihai. Consequently a message was transmitted from Beijing to the UFE Embassy in PI, it would then be hand delivered to the Emperor of Pravus Ingruo.

[quote]Emperor Atkinson-Asgeirsson:

I nor the United Federation of the East has forgotten your contribution to the peace of North America and the world at our last meeting in Alaska. Please rest assured that the United Federation of the East shall do its best to render whatever assistance you request, we are ready to pressure other nations not to recognize the Sovereign Americanized States and supply your government with whatever equipment it needs. Speaking as a man who found his country divided, I urge you to stay strong and follow the course of action you know is right. I have faith you shall yet put your country back together. There is no substitute for victory and unity.

If you require anything please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Wishes,

August Imperator Jia[/quote]

With no report from the Miami base on making contact with the S.A.S. and the 6th Legion nearing port, the United Kingdom's Western portion had no choice but to decide on a course of action. So far, it seemed that despite the S.A.S.'s rhetoric, they weren't moving against the Miami base. Perhaps they still recognized when Ireland stood against foreign oppression both in Europe and America? It would be a very old number, but King Dinsmore felt the need to try it anyway. Emperor Harland had given it to him a long time ago. Richard Dinsmore cleared his office of all the usual staff leaving him alone and in silence. He reached for a secure line on his desk and began dialing the phone number the former Emperor had given him.

"Come on Harland you old !@#$%^&. Answer me."

OOC: Felt the need to add in some flavor so I put in the whole line of the phone number. Feel free to let it ring on a dead phone or whatever you want if you don't want him to answer.

At this time the Holy American Empire is neutral to both parties. We request Pravus Ingeuo respect Imperial waters in the Caribbean.

*Classified*
200,000 Imperial soldiers were transferred from the mainland to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica. The Imperial fleet relocated to face a possible threat from the north.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1302502898' post='2688406']
After the publicized exchange between Harland and Atkinson-Asgeirsson the Federation had basically had its side picked for it. While the Federation was a long ally of Pravus Ingruo, one side of the civil war seemed to be indicating it would go to war with the Federation over what it had previously recognized: Fort Beihai. Consequently a message was transmitted from Beijing to the UFE Embassy in PI, it would then be hand delivered to the Emperor of Pravus Ingruo.
[/quote]

The Emperor would thank the diplomat and quickly write back a handcrafted response to be delivered through secure UFE channels.

[quote]August Imperator,

I thank you for your words during this troublesome time. Harland no longer realizes that he is not Emperor. He does not realize that the world has past backward-thinkers like him by, and has embraced forward-thinkers like ourselves. The rebels in York are in somewhat of a vice... they will be dealt with effectively. However, those in Florida pose a larger problem. We have not heard any word from the Irish near Miami, and we are not discounting any possibility. Our lack of a navy in the area severely hurts us at the moment. Any ships you can spare to lock down the Florida coast would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,
Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson[/quote]

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1302547126' post='2688653']
With no report from the Miami base on making contact with the S.A.S. and the 6th Legion nearing port, the United Kingdom's Western portion had no choice but to decide on a course of action. So far, it seemed that despite the S.A.S.'s rhetoric, they weren't moving against the Miami base. Perhaps they still recognized when Ireland stood against foreign oppression both in Europe and America? It would be a very old number, but King Dinsmore felt the need to try it anyway. Emperor Harland had given it to him a long time ago. Richard Dinsmore cleared his office of all the usual staff leaving him alone and in silence. He reached for a secure line on his desk and began dialing the phone number the former Emperor had given him.

"Come on Harland you old !@#$%^&. Answer me."

OOC: Felt the need to add in some flavor so I put in the whole line of the phone number. Feel free to let it ring on a dead phone or whatever you want if you don't want him to answer.
[/quote]

Harland was on a conference call with the governors of Florida, York, and Pennsylvania, as well as county leaders throughout those three states and Georgia. Sinclair was also on the line. Suddenly, his phone began ringing. Looking down, Harland's brow furrowed as he looked at the number. His eyes suddenly widened as he smiled at the screen.

"Gentlemen, please excuse me. We may have just won this war." He turned from the screens and picked up the phone.

"Dinsmore... what can I do for you, son?"

[quote name='Shadowsage' timestamp='1302554585' post='2688713']
At this time the Holy American Empire is neutral to both parties. We request Pravus Ingeuo respect Imperial waters in the Caribbean.

*Classified*
200,000 Imperial soldiers were transferred from the mainland to Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Jamaica. The Imperial fleet relocated to face a possible threat from the north.
[/quote]

**Message from the Empire of Pravus Ingruo**

Please know we have no intention of violating the sovereignty of the Holy American Empire. You have long been a bastion of stability on the American continents.

**Message from the Sovereign Americanized States**

We are not intending to infringe on your sovereignty. Our goal is to force all non-American nations out of America. As an American nation, you have nothing to worry about.

Private to Mr Harland from the Commonwealth

Greetings Sir, this is nothing but a request, but would you divulge your definition of a non American nation on America? The obvious example would of course be Austria.

However, we feel we must re-iterate our position to you and will be more than happy to explain this circumstance in detail of you so request. However we must make it clear that the Commonwealth of England and Maine is not a full merge. London has absolutely no say in what happens in Belfast and vise versa. We are two independent nations under one banner and have one, combined military.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1302565856' post='2688881']
Private to Mr Harland from the Commonwealth

Greetings Sir, this is nothing but a request, but would you divulge your definition of a non American nation on America? The obvious example would of course be Austria.

However, we feel we must re-iterate our position to you and will be more than happy to explain this circumstance in detail of you so request. However we must make it clear that the Commonwealth of England and Maine is not a full merge. London has absolutely no say in what happens in Belfast and vise versa. We are two independent nations under one banner and have one, combined military.
[/quote]

**Response from the SAS**

You are on our list, along with Austria and the UFE. You will leave North America, or you will burn.

Response to the SAS

We are not IN north America Sir. We have no dominion or control over the people of Maine. Should Governer General Pegg decides it's in Maines best interests to leave the Commonwealth then so be it. He won't be stopped like it says in the commonwealths charter.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1302566340' post='2688888']
Response to the SAS

We are not IN north America Sir. We have no dominion or control over the people of Maine. Should Governer General Pegg decides it's in Maines best interests to leave the Commonwealth then so be it. He won't be stopped like it says in the commonwealths charter.
[/quote]

**Response from the SAS**
The last we checked our maps said the Commonwealth held the former state of Maine. You ARE in America, !@#$%^&. You have received your answer. Deal with it.

Response to SAS

We are not in America. The Commonwealth is an exclusive bloc between England and Maine, they don't pay taxes to the Royal Treasury nor do they swear loyalty to the King.
One flag and one Army. That is the extent of the merge Mr Harland. The Commonwealth represents both Nations, not simply England.

Also, if you are unaware, we protested Austrian and UFE influence in North America. We publicly deferred to the Empire as in the best interests for Alaska.

A pair of transmissions were sent from Jia back to Emperor Atkinson-Asgeirsson and Emperor Roxas.

[quote]Emperor Atkinson Asgeirsson,

I am ordering our naval forces to render you assistance, they are departing from Pearl Harbor at as fast a speed as is possible. Further I shall send a request to be permitted the use of Cuba as a forward operating base for the People's Liberation Air Force. You should also be aware, the UFE does have some capabilities of doing global conventional strikes against targets with first rate air defenses without the use of ICBMs. We could begin hitting the enemy's most fortified points within six hours of receiving a request.

Regards,

[quote]Emperor Roxas,

The Federation has looked with extreme distress on the situation in North America. The Sovereign American States seem to wish the Federation's bases in Alaska destroyed. Consequently it is our intention to aid our friends in Pravus Ingruo in squashing this threat. We request the use of a base, preferably in Cuba to base air and land forces to assist in amphibious, air, and maritime operations on the Florida Front.

Regards,

The UFE taskforce deployed from Pearl Harbor included 3 battleships, 2 grand carriers, 1 pacific wolf armed carriers, 3 destroyers, 2 Frigates, 2 air defense cruisers, 12 attack submarines, 2 missile submarines, 4 littoral combat ships, 4 chongqing class amphibious docks, and 2 zeon class amphibious carriers.

A public statement was issued:

[quote]The United Federation of the East recognizes one state in Eastern Central North America. That is Pravus Ingruo, its border stretches from Lake Ontario in the North, to Key West in the South. We strongly back them in taking a hardline against separatism and shall assist them in whatever way asked to swiftly restore the rights of their citizens to live in a free and united country.[/quote]

Edited by Triyun

[b]**Classified Response**[/b]
We have no desire to become involved in what is effectively an internal affair on the eastern coast. That being said, it is our obligation as an ally to provide at the very least a safe harbor for allied ships, and that you may have in Port-au-Prince, Jamaica.

[quote]Private to August Imperetor Jia

This is a message we recieved from the SAS seperatist Mr Harland. We believe it constitutes a significant threat to Commonwealth, Austrian and Chinese security so we thought we would share.

[quote]**Response from the SAS**

You are on our list, along with Austria and the UFE. You will leave North America, or you will burn. [/quote]

Signed
Alfred Windsor
King of England[/quote]

[code]
To: Emperor Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson
Subject: War

Thomas,

It has been a long time since our meeting in Fort Behai,
however, I remember you fondly and the kindness that you
showed my sister and I during a period of intense
scrutiny for both your nation and my own. What I have
seen in the news, the great nation of Pravus Inguro
split between factions is absolutely terrible and reminds
me of the horrible civil war Austria once went through herself.

I believe it is necessary then to tell you that, the true Pravus
Inguro has Austria's undeniable support in this conflict. If
necessary, I can spare up to fifty thousand soldiers along with
mercenary regiments the Imperial Army has hired from Africa. Do
not trouble yourself with their safety or their transportation,
I can handle that myself.

Needless to say, Austria already considers herself at war with
the separatists, given their agenda and whether you accept my
help or not, I will give it in some way. We talked about building
a bond between Austria and Pravus Inguro. What better way then to
die in each others arms defending our right to survive
and exist as independent nations.

I await your response with haste and I am sure Angelika, will
be happy to hear from you as well.

~Maria
[/code]

[quote]"Dinsmore... what can I do for you, son?"[/quote]

"You're causing quite a stir, Harland. I, for one, rather enjoy the international community scrambling around like a chicken with its head cut off. These nations, long bastions of colonial hypocrisy, need to learn through diplomacy or force of arms that their interventionism is neither wanted nor needed in any continent that is not their own. I have the French Foreign Legion, 6th Legion, under the command of the Marquis de Ponce about to arrive in Miami to bolster the 24th Royal Airborne division. That gives me 20,000 men in Florida. You supported me in a jam once, and I think its high time I paid you back for it. Seems my boys in the Miami base are having a hell of a time getting into contact with one of your officials, mind helping them out? Without knowing your needs on the ground, I can't do much for you. Furthermore, the boys on the ground have satellite photos coming out of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii showing an extremely large U.F.E. naval force that seems to be heading directly for North America. No doubt, based on their earlier declaration, to assist in the S.A.S.'s destruction. Any navy I send won't get there in any time close, so you'll have to figure out what to do about the Chinese without any of my help, unfortunately. Tell me what you need, and I'll try my best to get it to you. In the mean time, I think it's high time the United Kingdom recognized the S.A.S. as an independent and sovereign nation, don't you?"

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1302665866' post='2689853']
[code]
To: Emperor Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson
Subject: War

Thomas,

It has been a long time since our meeting in Fort Behai,
however, I remember you fondly and the kindness that you
showed my sister and I during a period of intense
scrutiny for both your nation and my own. What I have
seen in the news, the great nation of Pravus Inguro
split between factions is absolutely terrible and reminds
me of the horrible civil war Austria once went through herself.

I believe it is necessary then to tell you that, the true Pravus
Inguro has Austria's undeniable support in this conflict. If
necessary, I can spare up to fifty thousand soldiers along with
mercenary regiments the Imperial Army has hired from Africa. Do
not trouble yourself with their safety or their transportation,
I can handle that myself.

Needless to say, Austria already considers herself at war with
the separatists, given their agenda and whether you accept my
help or not, I will give it in some way. We talked about building
a bond between Austria and Pravus Inguro. What better way then to
die in each others arms defending our right to survive
and exist as independent nations.

I await your response with haste and I am sure Angelika, will
be happy to hear from you as well.

~Maria
[/code]
[/quote]

Thomas quietly smiled as he read over the note from Maria. The smile grew even more as Angelika's name was mentioned. Working quickly, he sent a note back through secure channels.

[quote]Maria,

Thank you for your kind words and offer of assistance. I unfortunately can not accept the help of troops on the ground. Doing so would make my position weaker than it already is, and make it look like I need foreign help to win this war. Naval assets are actually what is most needed now to help block off the coast of Florida from any unfriendly intervention. Should that not be possible, either you or Angelika are invited to Long Island. I believe consul and advice can not hurt during this trying time.

Thomas[/quote]

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1302730366' post='2690191']
"You're causing quite a stir, Harland. I, for one, rather enjoy the international community scrambling around like a chicken with its head cut off. These nations, long bastions of colonial hypocrisy, need to learn through diplomacy or force of arms that their interventionism is neither wanted nor needed in any continent that is not their own. I have the French Foreign Legion, 6th Legion, under the command of the Marquis de Ponce about to arrive in Miami to bolster the 24th Royal Airborne division. That gives me 20,000 men in Florida. You supported me in a jam once, and I think its high time I paid you back for it. Seems my boys in the Miami base are having a hell of a time getting into contact with one of your officials, mind helping them out? Without knowing your needs on the ground, I can't do much for you. Furthermore, the boys on the ground have satellite photos coming out of Pearl Harbor, Hawaii showing an extremely large U.F.E. naval force that seems to be heading directly for North America. No doubt, based on their earlier declaration, to assist in the S.A.S.'s destruction. Any navy I send won't get there in any time close, so you'll have to figure out what to do about the Chinese without any of my help, unfortunately. Tell me what you need, and I'll try my best to get it to you. In the mean time, I think it's high time the United Kingdom recognized the S.A.S. as an independent and sovereign nation, don't you?"
[/quote]

Harland laughed. "Count on me to be the one who stirs the world's pot, right? The men will be most helpful... we're outnumbered down here about four to one. In terms of the Chinese... well, let's just say I have a little surprise planned for them. I built some defenses in Florida when Thomas' father wasn't out of grade school yet... some with codes that only I know. Any navy that thinks they can simply waltz in around Floria will be in for some rude awakenings. I'll get your boys in contact with my generals, Dinsmore. We're in a defensive stance right now... but I feel soon we'll be able to break out of that."

[b]**PUBLIC/SEEN ON TELEVISION**[/b]

Protests in both the Empire and the SAS turned violent today. Pro-Empire marchers turned on and attacked a group of pro-SAS marchers during a march in Baltimore, Maryland. A heavy police presence was needed to break up the protests. At least three pro-SAS marchers were killed and a number were taken to local hospitals.

In Syracuse, York, light tanks were brought out by the SAS military to disperse a rather large pro-Empire protest. The protest was estimated to have gathered some 40,000 people. SAS troops fired rubber bullets and tear gas into the crowd, but videos posted to YourTube seemed to show at least one light tank firing its machine gun into the crowd, and one person being struck by a sniper's bullet. There have been no reports of injuries or deaths with the protests in the SAS, and MediaCorp was not able to immediately independently verify the reports of tanks firing on crowds in Syracuse.

Another large pro-SAS protest in Charlotte, North Carolina was beaten back by waves of riot police using rubber bullets and batons. Over a dozen people were injured in the fracas. Imperial Military Forces were called in to disperse the crowd, using IFVs and helicopters to attempt to push the crowd back. There are reports of at least one IFV firing above protestor's heads in an attempt to get them to disperse.

The Empire has issued a dusk to dawn curfew in wake of the protests, and military assets have now joined public police in patrolling, especially in "high risk" areas in an attempt to head off further unrest.

Seeing England being seriously threatened, Germanic Union is forced to send troops to Vinland. They are escorted by the Kriegsmarine's subs and by 10 of the recently comissioned Skjold Class Boats. Some of the transports used are Underwater Transport Ships, others are just the regular kind.

[i]35.500 Soldiers
MBT Panzer Leopard IV 355
Assorted Vehicles 355
50 Elite Troops - "Spies"
95 Fighters
5 Bombers
15 Attack Helicopters[/i]

"England. Vi er komming to your assistance."

-----------------

"Due to North American Unstability and threats being tossed around, we have decided to defend the self determination right of the American Part of the Commonwealth so as not to allow it to be downtrodden by nearby expansionism. Our Vinland Expeditionary Force will protect our allies. We are in fact acting in accordance to our defence agreements with England, and, strangely, UK seems to in fact be sponsoring a state ready to act against several of our allies, and in England's case, one of their own allies...if it is a stance against colonialism, why do they have bases and a prescence there anyway...? Well, that is not what counts."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1302759537' post='2690436']
"Strangely, UK seems to in fact be sponsoring a state ready to act against several of our allies, and in England's case, one of their own allies...if it is a stance against colonialism, why do they have bases and a prescence there anyway...? Well, that is not what counts."
[/quote]

"This is news to the United Kingdom, which has done nothing but raise military defences at a single outpost."

[b]***HEAVILY CLASSIFIED***[/b]

Under the cover of darkness, a six man special forces team emerges out of Lake Ontario near Oswego, York, right near the campus of SUNY Oswego. The team is an elite unit of three snipers and three spotters, along with all the gear they need. Shedding their wetsuits by the beach and hiding them under some rocks, the special forces team dresses in civilian clothes, their gear in duffel bags, and looks around the college campus for a car to steal.

Ten minutes later, the car hot wired, they are on their way to Syracuse.
[b]
***ALSO HEAVILY CLASSIFIED***[/b]

Knowing the Chinese fleet was now on its way, Harland worked deep into the night in Orlando. Down in the old military headquarters of Pravus Ingruo, he found what he was looking for. Most of the equipment was destroyed, and much more of it was damaged, but a few of the critical components still worked... and that was all he needed. Tapping some keys to bring a few systems online, Harland smiled at the red letters on the dusty screen before him.

PROJECT BARBECUE: 61% OPERATIONAL

OOC: More will come later... tired now. Again, if you plan on getting involved militarily, this thread is closed unless you speak to me on IRC or over PM first. Military actions taken without speaking to me first will not be recognized.

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1302759537' post='2690436']

"Due to North American Unstability and threats being tossed around, we have decided to defend the self determination right of the American Part of the Commonwealth so as not to allow it to be downtrodden by nearby expansionism. Our Vinland Expeditionary Force will protect our allies. We are in fact acting in accordance to our defence agreements with England, and, strangely, UK seems to in fact be sponsoring a state ready to act against several of our allies, and in England's case, one of their own allies...if it is a stance against colonialism, why do they have bases and a prescence there anyway...? Well, that is not what counts."
[/quote]

"The United Kingdom's Western Region reserves the right to raise and lower the readiness of any of its bases without needing permission from its allies. That is all the United Kingdom has done, we suggest our ally in Germany fire their intelligence officers who have used information without bothering to check facts, and then allowed it to air on worldwide channels. Furthermore, the English have increased their presence at the U.K.'s borders, will there be a German outcry that England is increasing tensions your, and their ally, the United Kingdom? As far as anti-colonialism goes, the United Kingdom's Western Region refers you to the difference between allies exchanging bases and colonialism - it will be a nice learning experience for you ill-taught intelligence officers."