Moon Colony

President Pearson

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1302303300' post='2687114']
It adds people to your count and lets you collect more taxes and build more improvements as a result. They are also incapable of being destroyed, making them handy if you get ZI'ed.
[/quote]

Ok thanks! Another colony question: When it gives you the option to move the colony for like $400,000 or something, it reset my citizen count to 6% of my population when i put it on the hotspot. What is the point of paying $4,000,000 for it to automatically adjust it to your current 6%, when you could pick it up and plop it in the same spot again for only $400,000? What am i missing here?

[quote name='President Pearson' timestamp='1304714631' post='2707651']
Ok thanks! Another colony question: When it gives you the option to move the colony for like $400,000 or something, it reset my citizen count to 6% of my population when i put it on the hotspot. What is the point of paying $4,000,000 for it to automatically adjust it to your current 6%, when you could pick it up and plop it in the same spot again for only $400,000? What am i missing here?
[/quote]

What you're missing is citizen count is affected by how close your base is located to the hotspot. So when you move it, it's not actually resetting your citizen count, it's only adjusting your count based on it's efficiency percentage. So let's say you buy the colony and 6% is equal to 10,000 citizens, you only get the full 10,000 when your colony's efficiency is 100%. Otherwise it reflects whatever the percentage is. So after a hotspot reset it might be at 50% and would only show 5000 citizens. Moving the colony can get it back to 10,000 if it's at 100%. It may look like a reset since the number of citizens changes but it's still working off the same count established when it was bought or last reset.

Ohhh i understand now. When i first bought it i moved it on May 1st it only recalculated from 50% to 100%. It's not actually adding 6% to what i currently have. So I could buy 500 infra and i wouldnt gain any more citizens from the moon colony unless i upgraded it to the current population.

[quote name='President Pearson' timestamp='1304743257' post='2707903']
Ohhh i understand now. When i first bought it i moved it on May 1st it only recalculated from 50% to 100%. It's not actually adding 6% to what i currently have. So I could buy 500 infra and i wouldnt gain any more citizens from the moon colony unless i upgraded it to the current population.
[/quote]

Correct. :)