• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302244643' post='2686614']
I wish things could have been different.
[/quote]

They could have been, if only you let us know.

Well RIA, its literally been years. Whatever your reasons were for canceling, I can't help but be disappointed things ended this way.

Godspeed, and I wish you nothing but the best.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302245057' post='2686618']
They could have been, if only you let us know.

Well RIA, its literally been years. Whatever your reasons were for canceling, I can't help but be disappointed things ended this way.

Godspeed, and I wish you nothing but the best.
[/quote]

We're probably better off without an alliance that ends a multi-year-long friendship with us for the flimsiest of reasons.

Good riddance, RIA.

Don't get me wrong I'm not "happy" that we cancelled on you guys, we've had our issues but this one hurts.

Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.

We basically felt that our love and devotion wasn't exactly being reciprocated, and ended up feeling used and unappreciated. Basically our relationship no longer was at MDoAP level as far as you guys were concerned we're down there on "Tier 4" or so on the alliance importance measuring stick.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302246526' post='2686629']
Don't get me wrong I'm not "happy" that we cancelled on you guys, we've had our issues but this one hurts.
[/quote]

News to me.

[quote]Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.[/quote]

That's not the reason you gave us. It was more of "we don't like Pandora's Box, so we're going to cancel on you without warning." In fact, it was exactly that.

Edited by Penkala

Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.

We basically felt that our love and devotion wasn't exactly being reciprocated, and ended up feeling used and unappreciated. Basically our relationship no longer was at MDoAP level as far as you guys were concerned we're down there on "Tier 4" or so on the alliance importance measuring stick.
[/quote]

That's just simply not true, and maybe if you would have taken some time to talk with us about it instead of ending a treaty that has lasted over years without mentioning a single word about having this type of concern, you would have known it. I understand your a direct democracy, but ask Delta how many situations I've worked with him on, both before PB and after.

We basically felt that our love and devotion wasn't exactly being reciprocated, and ended up feeling used and unappreciated.
[/quote]

Sweet jesus the irony, it hurts [img]http://torn.sharuntech.com/public/style_emoticons/default/emot-byodood.gif[/img]

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302246704' post='2686630']

That's not the reason you gave us. It was more of "we don't like Pandora's Box, so we're going to cancel on you without warning." In fact, it was exactly that.
[/quote]
What a shame. Well at least they didn't DoW you because they don't like you.

Seems to me they just dialed it back a bit so they wouldn't automatically get dragged into a war they didn't want, but opted for an older reasonable treaty that allows them to help out if they feel the cause is warranted.

Seems sensible to me in these times.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1302247251' post='2686635']
Seems to me they just dialed it back a bit so they wouldn't automatically get dragged into a war they didn't want, but opted for an older reasonable treaty that allows them to help out if they feel the cause is warranted.

Seems sensible to me in these times.
[/quote]

Until they end up getting [i]that[/i] treaty canceled on them.

Then the whole plan doesn't work so well.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1302241808' post='2686584']
Perhaps certain parties will start getting the hint that they are crossing too many lines?
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_1_flippedlol.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yeah, but you keep posting so I don't think it's getting through.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1302249124' post='2686644']
Using a completely foolproof logic, I deduce that if Penkala does not like this, then it is a good move.

Best of luck to all involved.
[/quote]

I call you and raise you with a HoT approval on the other side.