Napoleonic RP

Yawoo

I have spoken with a number of RPers about this in the past, but nothing ever came of it. I'd like to start an RP based in the Napoleonic era. Naturally, this would be in time only and not reflect RL events such as the French Empire under Emperor Napoleon.

Would anyone be interested in this? If not, that's cool I'll just do some RPs on my own, but I'd love to have other people to interact with.

[quote name='JEDCJT' timestamp='1302042294' post='2685007']
Can I be Napoleon? :awesome:
[/quote]

No. :rolleyes:

also, people, please cease trying to claim nations. That will be decided on after we have a confirmed set of rules. I will post up my suggestions of proposed rules soon.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1302043881' post='2685018']
No. :rolleyes:

also, people, please cease trying to claim nations. That will be decided on after we have a confirmed set of rules. I will post up my suggestions of proposed rules soon.
[/quote]

FIEN I BOYCOTT THIS! :<

Srsly, I might consider joining.

Not to ruin anyone's fun but I am afraid if you're going to make this a really big rp like a spin-off it will be doomed to the same faith as the other rp's.

That said if you set up the ooc foundation I'd be happy to rp within it.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1302050426' post='2685104']
Not to ruin anyone's fun but I am afraid if you're going to make this a really big rp like a spin-off it will be doomed to the same faith as the other rp's.
[/quote]

Nobody cares.

Would there be any sort of relation to IG capabilites or merely represent the powers of Europe then? Will there be any guarantee against the use of tactics considered unseemly at the time (Napoleon himself broke down a lot of those barriers but still)

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1302051310' post='2685110']
Would there be any sort of relation to IG capabilites or merely represent the powers of Europe then? Will there be any guarantee against the use of tactics considered unseemly at the time (Napoleon himself broke down a lot of those barriers but still)
[/quote]

There are relations to in-game capabilities. The map will be limited to Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East (for now). Tactics used are up to you, but artillery will be limited severely. We're almost done with the set of rules.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1302051310' post='2685110']
[/quote]

There will be relations to IG capabilities much like CNRP. There will not be any guarantees against the use of tactics. Be prepared to armchair-general some armies.

Do we need to play a country, or can we play individual characters or groups of them?

Also how will this work in terms of historical accuracy, will it be like a Paradox game where everything mirrors real life at first, but the second you start you can change the course of history? Or will it be more guided?

[quote name='Vedran' timestamp='1302058505' post='2685212']
Do we need to play a country, or can we play individual characters or groups of them?

Also how will this work in terms of historical accuracy, will it be like a Paradox game where everything mirrors real life at first, but the second you start you can change the course of history? Or will it be more guided?
[/quote]
It's more semi-realistic where you can make your own country as long as it was feasible in reality.