The Rise of The Grand Duchy of Livonia

Ezequiel

Classified...
Date... [i]03, January, 2011 A.D.[/i]
Location... Danborg, Formerly. Border of Estonia and Latvia.
Situation... Uprising of the Baltic States'.

In a Danborg underground bar, hundreds of feet below the main floor, a man walks. Dressed in a fancy waiter's outfit, he carries glasses of luxurious alcoholic beverages for the filthy rich, not many in this region can afford this. There's groups of people in the hundreds, cheering and chatting. Clanking glasses and the sound of drunks. A very well known man, leader of the underground Baltic gang, known as the Baltic Killers, was on the stage giving a speech. He is known as Ludvigs Rihards, the man of Power, Fame, and Underground War. He is very rich, he robs banks who don't support his 'Trust Fund' as he calls them. [i]"...And today begins the uprising of the Baltic peoples!"[/i] was the shout coming from the man on the stage, roars quickly follow. Four or more armed men with M16's appear on stage, dragging the Germanic city mayor, who is blind folded by a black bag, and tied around the feet and arms with rope. Ten others follow suit, dragging three more men; the Germanic members of the city council. They line all of them up on the front of the stage on their knees, still bound. The armed men stand behind each of the Germanic Law makers, while two stand on the sides of the men, preventing them from trying to escape. The crowd gathers around the stage, trying to get closer and closer, some backing away knowing what will happen. They become quiet, not a single voice is heard for the next thirty seconds and the armed men quietly load their guns. There is a drop of wine in a glass by a lady as there are multiple gun shots, no known amount was recorded, but sounding in the 20's. The men fall to the ground, bleeding and lying in pools of blood. All four members of the City Council are dead, and no one but those in attendance, strictly limited to those in the gang and uprising against the oppression, knew of these happenings. And in other cities, such as Reval, Formerly Talinn, and Riege, Formerly Riga, this event was happening on the same scale. With members of the Baltic Killers in underground bars killing as many city officials as they could gather. There was Germanic blood all over the land of the Baltic people. Ludvigs Rihards begins to shout over the people in attendance, "The Revolution has Begun! And there is NOTHING ANYONE can do to stop it!" He yells.

[b][i]...MEANWHILE...[/i][/b]

Classified...
Date... 03, January, 2011 A.D.
Location... Berlin, Germany
Situation... Independence of Estonia, Latvia.

"I am very glad we could come to the agreement, Lord Martens." Juris Kristaps says, shaking the hand of Lord Martens. "Our two nations living in harmony is a great feat in and of itself. The Germanic Union and The Grand Duchy of Livonia will stand together for times to come, and no one will break our bond." It snaps to black and white, freezing a shot of Juris and Martens shaking hands, facing the other, in a photo to be remembered...

The Revolution has begun, and it will have a bloody en...EN,EN,EN...END... Static clicks, silence.

[b][i]...END CLASSIFIED...[/i][/b]

Date... 03, April, 2011 A.D.

[center][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B6T8z.png[/IMG]

[size="5"]The Grand Duchy of Livonia
[/size]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h0i6s.png[/IMG]

A man walks to the stage, he is none other than Juris Kristaps, the elected President of the new nation. He is accompanied by armed guards and other elected officials. He puts papers down and waves to the people in attendance. There is cheering, confetti flying, music playing. The people become silent as he begins his speech.

"Greetings, people of Danborg. We, The Grand Duchy of Livonia, have achieved our goal. We have been granted independence by Germany!" Cheering ensues. He hushes them, they begin to stop after minutes of cheering. "We would like to give our most graceful thanks to Germany, and Lord Martens in particular. Without him and his great nation, we would not stand here today, united and under our own rule. To Germany! Our protector, our Allie, our friend, our mentor. Thank you, Livonia! Enjoy your day." He walks off the stage with his entourage, getting into a limo and headed for the new capitol building in Danborg to begin his work. He would then make an announcement to the other nations of Europe, Asia, North America, and the rest of the world that Livonia is seeking relations with friendly nations, and would invite them to inquire with the new government about relations. [/center]

Edited by Ezequiel

"We recognize this Nation's sovereignty and additionally will protect it, believing it to be our responsability to do so just as we have done with our other brothers at Austria. Hail."
--------

Privately,

"Please do remember Herr Kristaps that we are still going to do our best to try and find those revolutionaries. It is only stupid of them to have done what they did when we had already decided in favor of the Baltic's freedom. They simply have got to be punished, that is all, for while the Nation's awakening was entirely legal - and not only legal, but appropiate by other criteria, the shootings were not. That being said, please let us know if there is anything that we might be able to do for you now or in the future, for we are indeed here to assist you to the best ouf our abilties."

"Very well. They will be found, eventually. We understand that they surely have been in the military after analyzing the attacks. Therefore, we have found several suspects in our database, where the word "suspects" is used only to stick to the legal technicalities. We will sweep the land 'till we find them, then we shall put them to trial. I would suggest that you confiscate their propierty in the meantime to prevent them from thriving."

[quote name='Kaiser Martens' timestamp='1302052175' post='2685119']
"Very well. They will be found, eventually. We understand that they surely have been in the military after analyzing the attacks. Therefore, we have found several suspects in our database, where the word "suspects" is used only to stick to the legal technicalities. We will sweep the land 'till we find them, then we shall put them to trial. I would suggest that you confiscate their propierty in the meantime to prevent them from thriving."
[/quote]

[b]Classified response[/b]

"We will not confiscate the property, it would be against the rights and freedoms of the citizens. We will; however, keep police on their property so if they may return, we shall catch them and arrest them. In the process, handing them over to Germany for prosecution of the former law over the land. Would that suit you, Lord Martens?"

At this time, every day there would be a 24-7 undercover patrol of the regions surrounding the homes. The neighborhoods would be alerted to watch for items belonging to these criminals; they would soon be caught.

Edited by Ezequiel