Tabloid Tribune #163 - An NPO/MK Annoucement

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1301902859' post='2683901']
Nah we would use your !@#$ talking as an excuse, after all there is that by the bucket load with you posting. Time of the month?
[/quote]
Nah, you should see me then. Even I scare me. :P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1301900027' post='2683882']
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Emperor of the NPO!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Former President of the GPA!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Holder of the Viridian Medal of Honor!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Life Member of the Green Team!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Cybernation's Cameleon Queen!

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/AS6signatureMaryTheFantabulous.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
I think this is where someone takes the proverbial old dog out back and shoots it in the back of the head to put it out of it's misery. :facepalm:

Interesting development NPO... Good luck moving forward with your change in leadership. I wish Cortath well in his retirement.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301892237' post='2683811']
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximate_and_ultimate_causation"]It was an ultimate cause, not a proximate cause.[/url] I never said it was the CB, or the proximate cause.
[/quote]
It's neither here nor there due to the 7 alternating reasons--all of which are less when combined like an anti-Capt. Planet effect--and at the end of the day we're all tired of your whining about NPO's tone. If we're rolling people for their 'tudes then let's just get MK to call this Shark Week and move on.
I like the way NPO carries itself even if they are haughty. When they say something, they say it in the same tone they always use, they don't wheel out some fogey that needs to be reminded to not let his nation disappear to spout a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693"]nicely-worded lie[/url] that none of their members can manage to stick with for more than 5 minutes. They know who they are and what they're doing and why--right or wrong, they can keep it straight. I like an alliance with a confident voice, it's so refreshing these days, wouldn't you all agree? It's nice to know that even if such an alliance is wrong, they believe what they're saying.
[sub][size="1"](sorry Potato, he brings out the worst in me.)[/size][/sub]
[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1301892900' post='2683815']
At least he didn't cozy up to NPO later on for no real reason and decry others for "propping them up" before. I guess there's some novelty in the "NPO is good now and they give me a senate seat" gimmick. Dancing in the new world or some BS like that.
[/quote]
Oh, yeah, me and NPO are so cozy; we're so cozy that I never went to their forum before December. NPO and CoJ have a working relationship: We're on the same Red boat, and when CoJ and a bunch of other alliances decided to make a Red Trade and Senate treaty, you know what I did while Doomhouse was still hugging themselves over things that happened in 2007? I said to myself, [i]hm, I've just spent 9 months representing an ideology, now I can put it into practice[/i]. And I did; and here we are today, we have a good working relationship that provides trades on a small sphere, Senate rotation, and respect from a distance. But if you mean to imply that Crymson's bootlicking and lockstep, undying love for NPO--or that of VE, MCXA, Grämlins, OG, best GOONS, FOK, NoR/NoV, Sparta, MHA, etc etc--is more justifiable than CoJ's post-Karma practice-what-you-preachism, then you;ve tricked me with your blogs into thinking you're more intelligent and genuine than you really are. Everyone knows very well that being good neighbors with a neutered NPO is a world away from helping Pax Pacifica-era NPO plan curbstomps. And all those guys can expect a reminder from Yours Truly when they come around trying to ride the NPO-is-evil gravy train. NPO was terrible, and all the little wannabes like Crymson gave them the power to do everything they did; reality demonstrates it: What has NPO done without them? Jack squat. "Nothing is fair or good alone," hey.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1301895048' post='2683828']
You seem to have an aversion to attacking a strong alliance in the beginning of a war.
[/quote]
Give them a World Power-level protector and a leftist micro AA and they'll show you what they can really do.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1301901937' post='2683897']
I've got to assume that this post was made with a healthy amount of facetiousness.

Edit: I should not that I don't care if it was or not. Whatever the case, you're probably just still angry at me for booting you out of TOP.
[/quote]
Wouldn't it be so convenient for you if my politics came down to personality conflicts from 3 years ago. What's the matter, Crymson, couldn't you explain your NPO boot fetish? Or isn't that the problem? It is. It's very convenient for you to c/p some of [i][b]MY[/b][/i] old matieral about had bad NPO is from 2008, but that doesn't change where you stood [i]when[/i] NPO [i]was[/i] evil until you saw the clouds on the horizon. I couldn't be happier my time at TOP ended when it did; I was ripe for Vox and got to spend 9 months doing all sorts of fun things while your little sun-sets-and-rises-on-NPO world came down around your ears. Hell, I even got to get [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Vox_Populi_Resistance_Movement#The_Order_of_the_Paradox_ghosting_and_sanction_status"]TOP a sanction[/url], you oughta thank me, Crymson, for freeing you from your Pacifican bear-daddy. But you won't, you were quite the eager little cub, I bet you've still got your collar in the closet.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301900809' post='2683887']
It's a goddamn shame you were knocked out in round one.
[/quote]
[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301906162' post='2683908']
Why does VE let you post?
[/quote]
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1301906722' post='2683909']
What is this even supposed to mean?
[/quote]
[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1301910080' post='2683918']
o/ Antonio Salovega VI, a fool.
[/quote]
[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1301928822' post='2683997']
I think this is where someone takes the proverbial old dog out back and shoots it in the back of the head to put it out of it's misery.
[/quote]

WOW, based on the quantity of the rather inept [i]argumentum ad hominem[/i] posts referencing my lil ol' post, it would appear that I must have hit the target.

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1301944818' post='2684110']
WOW, based on the quantity of the rather inept [i]argumentum ad hominem[/i] posts referencing my lil ol' post, it would appear that I must have hit the target.
[/quote]
No, it was really just that your post made no sense.

[/quote]
I think your right, there seems to be a rather odd bullseye painted on your face and a nasty bruise there. If you'd like our nurses can look after you when Moo's done keeping them preocupied. :P

[/quote]
There was no need to address how stupid your post was, because it spoke for itself.

But alas, you are so far gone that you think your post was just so brilliantly scathing that we are all left speechless.

Oh, and I'd also like to further point out the irony that the post you made was itself an [i]argumentum ad hominem[/i]. At least I think it was. It's hard to tell exactly [i]what[/i] it was, it was just so bad.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_spin_ani.gif[/img]

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Sir Paul' timestamp='1301880398' post='2683696']
The coronation ceremony was actually beautiful and very moving. I should konw for I've witnessed and/or helped coordinate 7 years worth of coronations. After Franco's death during the fall of Pixiedance, his body was smuggled out of The North Pacific and laid to rest within the city that now bears his name. The Sash of the Delegate, the symbol of authority, stained with the founders blood, was placed into a box and handed to his chosen sucessor, Poskrebyshev, by a page. The Senators asked him "what will you have us do?" The Emperor responded "All that is required."

Today, that sash, still stained with the blood of the Founder, is handed to the new Emperor in a box by a simple page. It reminds the New Emperor that she is one link in an unbroken chain, and that she must do all that is required, what ever that means. By solomly placing the sash on her own shoulders, the Emperor is announcing she is taking this mantle of responsiblity freely, but not lightly.

The outgoing Emperor gave a speech, the excerpt reported actually penned by Cortath. The new Emperor gave a speech, the excerpt reported actually penned by Mary.

Due to the timing of the transfer, the climate of the open world forum, and general decorum of previous guests at other public Pacifican events, it was decided that this moment should be kept private among the Pacificans, and that the general population of Planet Bob could read about it in the April 1 edition of the Tabloid Tribune. Perhaps the full speeches will be released so various elements can mock them with tired refrains of "NPO: serious business." Perhaps not. Regardless, the transfer of authority has been announced, and if you wish to purchase a present for the Emperor, you can never go wrong with anything from the [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/21/abu-dhabi-arms-fair-idex-2011]Abu Dhabi Arms Fair[/url].
[/quote]
I've always enjoyed the "serious business" side of things which is why I made a remark in the first place. Thank you for the reply.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1301872669' post='2683637']
It was, little fella.

What your expectations of public notification of such to be, is beside the point.
[/quote]
Calm yourself, child. I wasn't taking a dig at your alliance.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Due to the seriousness of Cortaths RL commitments (and thus extremely limited availability here) we needed to announce it to our Body Republic first. Even this took two days due to availability of Cortath. We could have done a serious business on the 31th, but we were actually in talks with Doomhouse. So while it may not have been appreciated by the world to find out in this fashion, it was simply the way the events unfolded. If you feel left out in any way, I can only apologize, Emperor Mary and I are still working on getting to everyone, whether you are friend, neutral or foe.

There has been a lot of talk about how various members of the NPO are poking sticks (or whatever phrase you wish to turn) at Mushroom Kingdom attempting to goad them into conflict. I find all of this absolutely silly to claim (on either side). We are at war, people are going to say things on both sides. Waging some type of moral campaign on it is so tiring its beyond words.

When such is done outside of war, that too to some degree is to be expected, we don't have even close to a sound relationship with MK (and vice versa). The funny thing is you (MK) now have some of the very members whom were most vocal against you now vocal for your side. Am I pointing fingers? No, I am pointing out it is just how some people act and the only power they get from it, is when the other side reacts. The only thing that disappoints or unexpected is when a leader (read gov member) decides to take part in such venting.

Sure you could point out Sir Pauls tabloid, but he defines such publications openly as such. If there is an issue in this any government member from any alliance wishes to speak about, I extend a welcome to come talk to me or the Emperor about it. But all of us need to stop and ask: Is whatever said about us worth the attention we are giving it? Or do we just need a tissue and a nap? I don't know about you, but I know I sometimes fall into the latter. But seriously, stop being so serious about everything. Have some fun.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1301956478' post='2684247']
Due to the seriousness of Cortaths RL commitments (and thus extremely limited availability here) we needed to announce it to our Body Republic first. Even this took two days due to availability of Cortath. We could have done a serious business on the 31th, but we were actually in talks with Doomhouse. So while it may not have been appreciated by the world to find out in this fashion, it was simply the way the events unfolded. If you feel left out in any way, I can only apologize, Emperor Mary and I are still working on getting to everyone, whether you are friend, neutral or foe.

There has been a lot of talk about how various members of the NPO are poking sticks (or whatever phrase you wish to turn) at Mushroom Kingdom attempting to goad them into conflict. I find all of this absolutely silly to claim (on either side). We are at war, people are going to say things on both sides. Waging some type of moral campaign on it is so tiring its beyond words.

When such is done outside of war, that too to some degree is to be expected, we don't have even close to a sound relationship with MK (and vice versa). The funny thing is you (MK) now have some of the very members whom were most vocal against you now vocal for your side. Am I pointing fingers? No, I am pointing out it is just how some people act and the only power they get from it, is when the other side reacts. The only thing that disappoints or unexpected is when a leader (read gov member) decides to take part in such venting.

Sure you could point out Sir Pauls tabloid, but he defines such publications openly as such. If there is an issue in this any government member from any alliance wishes to speak about, I extend a welcome to come talk to me or the Emperor about it. But all of us need to stop and ask: Is whatever said about us worth the attention we are giving it? Or do we just need a tissue and a nap? I don't know about you, but I know I sometimes fall into the latter. But seriously, stop being so serious about everything. Have some fun.
[/quote]

Thank you for the clarifications. I wish Cortath the best.

[quote name='Fighter26' timestamp='1301885271' post='2683752']Believe it or not, our opinions of you change with stupid announcements like this thread. Responses such as: "F what you think" dont help much either. Good luck and good fights to NPO.[/quote]
The thread is a tabloid. I am too old of a geezer, to care. Also I am not NPO. I am just Branimir. And I dont care. Beyond that.
[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1301955488' post='2684226']Calm yourself, child. I wasn't taking a dig at your alliance.[/quote]
I am perfectly calm. Being older then you for plus 200 admin days, I can not be your child. I just corrected you in your mixing of public notification with actual act of succession and its formality. Hence, perception of taking digs is beside the point and my choice of words to address you, if that is the problem, I apologize for. My way with people sometimes irks people, which I dont know why because I am so lovable. Also handsome.

[/quote]

You're like Shinra with photoshop skills.

At least this installment wasn't based on poop or genitalia.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301933995' post='2684034']
It's neither here nor there due to the 7 alternating reasons--all of which are less when combined like an anti-Capt. Planet effect--and at the end of the day we're all tired of your whining about NPO's tone. If we're rolling people for their 'tudes then let's just get MK to call this Shark Week and move on.
I like the way NPO carries itself even if they are haughty. When they say something, they say it in the same tone they always use, they don't wheel out some fogey that needs to be reminded to not let his nation disappear to spout a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97693"]nicely-worded lie[/url] that none of their members can manage to stick with for more than 5 minutes. They know who they are and what they're doing and why--right or wrong, they can keep it straight. I like an alliance with a confident voice, it's so refreshing these days, wouldn't you all agree? It's nice to know that even if such an alliance is wrong, they believe what they're saying.
[sub][size="1"](sorry Potato, he brings out the worst in me.)[/size][/sub][/quote]
You ignored my point and the distinction between proximate and ultimate causes.

As for "nicely worded lies", what do you call NPO's thinly veiled attempt to sweet talk FAN with an apology so they can divide and conquer? Or talks about how they've "changed" while blaming everyone else for Karma. If you mean they believe what they say because they have an Orwellian ability to literally believe whatever the party line is regardless of obvious contradictions and falsehoods, I'll grant you that. Having different opinions within your alliance is a good sign, it shows that your members are capable of independent thought.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301963928' post='2684326']
You ignored my point and the distinction between proximate and ultimate causes.

As for "nicely worded lies", what do you call NPO's thinly veiled attempt to sweet talk FAN with an apology so they can divide and conquer? Or talks about how they've "changed" while blaming everyone else for Karma. If you mean they believe what they say because they have an Orwellian ability to literally believe whatever the party line is regardless of obvious contradictions and falsehoods, I'll grant you that. Having different opinions within your alliance is a good sign, it shows that your members are capable of independent thought.
[/quote]
Hold up. Karma was our fault and we haven't changed? We're not the ones who promised cn a "new world" so seriously, don't even try that. If anything, this is the second time mk has been behind a coalition that promised a "new world" and have contradicted themselves twice now in trying achieve whatever this "new world" is supposed to be. And name one thing we've done since karma that shows NPO is still the same old NPO. The only thing in this game that hasn't changed is you guys. Your all still living in the world of Ivan and the one single order. Incase you failed to notice, there are now three orders out there. (Sorry to everyone else like OBR and TOP, you know I don't mean just having the word order in your aa)

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301964510' post='2684333']
Hold up. Karma was our fault and we haven't changed? We're not the ones who promised cn a "new world" so seriously, don't even try that.[/quote]
Your third sentence has nothing to do with the second, it's a red herring. I know y'all are obsessed with throwing the hypocrisy label at us as much as possible but it gets old.

[quote]If anything, this is the second time mk has been behind a coalition that promised a "new world" and have contradicted themselves twice now in trying achieve whatever this "new world" is supposed to be.[/quote]
What does this even mean? Your words are so vague as to be meaningless.

[quote]And name one thing we've done since karma that shows NPO is still the same old NPO. The only thing in this game that hasn't changed is you guys. Your all still living in the world of Ivan and the one single order. Incase you failed to notice, there are now three orders out there. (Sorry to everyone else like OBR and TOP, you know I don't mean just having the word order in your aa)
[/quote]
Our existence and world view isn't based around NPO, just because we were lined up on you guys this war doesn't mean we only care about you.

What have you done since Karma? !@#$%*ed incessantly about Karma. That doesn't inspire confidence that you've learned your lesson or moved on.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301966464' post='2684365']
Your third sentence has nothing to do with the second, it's a red herring. I know y'all are obsessed with throwing the hypocrisy label at us as much as possible but it gets old.
[/quote]

I`m sorry if your reading comprehension isn`t very strong. Let me put it clearer. Karma was a war waged to put an end to hedgemonys. To put an end to the reign of the "evil NPO" was it not?
[quote]
What does this even mean? Your words are so vague as to be meaningless.
[/quote]
Again, see above.
[quote]
Our existence and world view isn't based around NPO, just because we were lined up on you guys this war doesn't mean we only care about you.

What have you done since Karma? !@#$%*ed incessantly about Karma. That doesn't inspire confidence that you've learned your lesson or moved on.
[/quote]

I doubt there has been much %$@^#ing about Karma until this nonsense started, and I seriously hope that's not your next pathetic excuse for this war. I thought it was because we were going to attack you anyway? Oh wait, I remember now, your DoW said you just don't like us. No wait, I have been reading countless posts that said it was because of other things we've done in the past. What's next, your going to claim it's because we don't all come from the same country? Or because we're not all using windows systems? Give it up, you guys are nothing but a bunch of flim flammers, any excuse to cover your own b.s. I wasn't born yesterday you know.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301967251' post='2684378']
I`m sorry if your reading comprehension isn`t very strong. Let me put it clearer. Karma was a war waged to put an end to hedgemonys. To put an end to the reign of the "evil NPO" was it not?

Again, see above. [/quote]
This is all a red herring to the point I was making.

[quote]I doubt there has been much %$@^#ing about Karma until this nonsense started,[/quote]
Yes, there has been. Your official publications have been doing it non-stop and your side does it every time we do almost anything.

[quote]and I seriously hope that's not your next pathetic excuse for this war. I thought it was because we were going to attack you anyway? Oh wait, I remember now, your DoW said you just don't like us. No wait, I have been reading countless posts that said it was because of other things we've done in the past. What's next, your going to claim it's because we don't all come from the same country? Or because we're not all using windows systems? Give it up, you guys are nothing but a bunch of flim flammers, any excuse to cover your own b.s. I wasn't born yesterday you know.
[/quote]
Another red herring.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301967812' post='2684382']
This is all a red herring to the point I was making.

Yes, there has been. Your official publications have been doing it non-stop and your side does it every time we do almost anything.

Another red herring.
[/quote]
Is that all you will reply, rather than answering anything meaningful to my posts? Wow, you just turned red herring into the next "no you". Congrats on starting a new trend good sir.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301933995' post='2684034']
Hell, I even got to get [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Vox_Populi_Resistance_Movement#The_Order_of_the_Paradox_ghosting_and_sanction_status"]TOP a sanction[/url].
[/quote]

Though I won't expend my time responding to the rest of your drivel, this little gem bears a response. You helped us get a sanction, eh? Well, let's see. I think most of us were unaware of it. I certainly don't remember it happening. If it happened, it was for a short period. We weren't sanctioned long enough to get a flag until the following April. And even then--aside from the two weeks necessary to apply for a flag--we didn't care about being sanctioned. Indeed, it was more a pain in the arse to us than anything, because it meant that we had to deal with ghosts who were generally well out of the range of our nations.

So thanks but no thanks.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301967812' post='2684382']
[/quote]
This "your side" crap is so broad that it borders on asinine. So now NPO is liable for all the Coke/Pepsi Karma jokes and meet-the-new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss complaints over the past two years? Am I on NPO's ~side~ now because I'm [u]still[/u] against imperialist aggression after 4 years? And if I am, whose fault is that? Certainly not NPO's for getting attacked out of the blue by a bunch of paranoids; most certainly not mine or anyone else's who have objective political beliefs.
What is the criteria, anyway, for deciding "sides?" Is it treaties? So Rok is on NPO's side because of treaty chains, but RnR isn't? Is it ideology? CB and NPO are both anti-raiding, are they on the same side now? I can't think of any more poorly instituted term in all my years.
This obtuse word "side" doesn't even belong in serious discourse, it is juvenile--what, are we all playing Red Rover? It doesn't mean anything because it means anything; people like you just throw it around like some magical mark to make people your enemy. Why don't you just start saying "NPO and other people with cooties."

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301898312' post='2683868']
No. The difference is that we've "tried" to bridge relationships and have failed. Perhaps those diplomatic attempts have pushed people further away, perhaps not. That is all we are saying. We're not trying to make the whole world love us. So I don't think we're trying to say that you [i]should[/i] like us. But here's the thing. You're trying to accuse us of openly antagonizing everybody in the world with no cause; which is ridiculous. Whether we like it or not, we will be judged by the world every step of the way. So everything we do is scrutinized at a much higher standard than other alliances simply by virtue of our history. When we make satirical, yet humorous, threads; people will see it as more antagonizing than it should actually be. In our eyes, it was more like you were trying to antagonize us and we responded in kind.[/quote]
I didn't say you didn't do it "without cause", we contributed to it. But that doesn't change the results or the fact that you did it.

[quote]For example; I remember when Pacifica was posting all those articles pointing out the lack of military competence of those G15 (or whatever number) in securing Pacifica from rogues as promised by the instruments of surrender at the end of Karma. We felt that we were being wronged by actions, so we countered with acrimonious rhetoric. My point is that we did do this without purpose. It was not [i]us[/i] antagonizing people. It was us responding to what we felt were unjust actions.

So will I admit that we have been involved in bantering between other alliances in the past two years? Yes, I will admit that. Will I admit that we've been openly provoking them for no reason? Absolutely not.
[/quote]
Satirically and sarcastically criticizing someone is just about the worst way to get them to do what you want. If it wasn't trying to antagonize anyone, which I don't buy, it certainly appeared that way.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301968634' post='2684390']
This "your side" crap is so broad that it borders on asinine. So now NPO is liable for all the Coke/Pepsi Karma jokes and meet-the-new-boss-same-as-the-old-boss complaints over the past two years? Am I on NPO's ~side~ now because I'm [u]still[/u] against imperialist aggression after 4 years? And if I am, whose fault is that? Certainly not NPO's for getting attacked out of the blue by a bunch of paranoids; most certainly not mine or anyone else's who have objective political beliefs.
What is the criteria, anyway, for deciding "sides?" Is it treaties? So Rok is on NPO's side because of treaty chains, but RnR isn't? Is it ideology? CB and NPO are both anti-raiding, are they on the same side now? I can't think of any more poorly instituted term in all my years.
This obtuse word "side" doesn't even belong in serious discourse, it is juvenile--what, are we all playing Red Rover? It doesn't mean anything because it means anything; people like you just throw it around like some magical mark to make people your enemy. Why don't you just start saying "NPO and other people with cooties."
[/quote]
Yes it is nebulous. But NPO did plenty of it, so it's not like I'm blaming them for something they didn't do.